IMPORTANT meeting Friday, June 3

Discussion in 'Spokane, WA' started by TK-3374, May 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK-3374 Jedi Knight

star 1
    The majority of the council and myself have just ajourned and have come to the conclusion that there will be an official monthly meeting of the Spokantina. The first of those meetings shall be on Friday the 3rd of June, 2005. All meeting will be held on the first Friday of every month thereafter.

This meeting will consist of "meet and greet" of the new Spokantina members and information about the bylaws that we have adopted. We will also be forming several Mini-clubs in the group, some of which are Costuming, Gaming, Book club, and Kids club for starters.

The location of this event will be at Manito Park on the south side of Spokane. We will be meeting at 6:00 PM at the parking lot from the Southeast Blvd entrance.

Mark your calendar for this event and we look forward to seeing all the new faces.

For direction to this or questions please PM myself, Eledaia, Jarus, Earwen, or Darmin. DO NOT POST ON THIS THREAD!
  2. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    I know you said no posts on this thread, but uh...

*BUMP*

It was getting too far down the list :D
  3. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    *BUMP*

Also a little note, there will be pizza at Friday's meeting, the sooner you arrive, the more pizza you'll get! Just a little added incentive...
  4. The_Cheeser Force Ghost

star 3
    So, did anything happen after I left our very important meeting?
  5. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    Well... I was late because...

A. Heath problems... I'm having abdominal pains, I had to stop at the doctor, I'm praying that it's not apendicitis...

and

B. I got lost trying to find Manito Park... thanks to Casey for helping me find it.

This was indeed to be a VERY IMPORTANT meeting, however, due to low turnout nothing important happened, if you can think of a good way to get everyone to a meeting, please don't keep it a secret, I brought pizza (when I eventually got there) and I'm doing the best that I can, short of handing out cash...

Meeting attendance is not improving, however, we are seeing some people now attending meetings that couldn't before... this is good, but we need to make sure that EVERYONE attends, or nothing will ever happen, if attendance stays low, Clubs will not be an option. Remember, this group is about interaction in our PHYSICAL community... It's dissapointing to me to have been met with such enthusiasm at the premiere... and then totally let down by all the "new recruits" who have yet to post or attend a meeting... we have so many people who have posted in the new members thread, but have not posted or contacted anyone beyond that... as if that's all there is too it. I remember a lot of people getting excited and saying to me "THERE'S A FAN CLUB?!?!? NO WAY!" ...where are those people now? :( This is a sad day. I remember Jordan asking me at the first meeting he came to, "So, what happens to the group after Episode 3?" I gave him a blank stare and said "Nothing, what do you mean?" I wasn't aware that Star Wars was over... but it's beginning to look like it is...

PROVE ME WRONG SPOKANE! I DARE YOU!
  6. Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Master

star 4
    At the risk of sounding cliche', sarcastic and annoying (all of which is totally unintentional) life often gets in the way of living. Meaning we can't always do what we want to do.
    On the other hand, it does suck that very few people (if any. Don't know the exact count) showed up to last Friday's meeting. Maybe the BBQ at John's will prove better. After all, who doesn't enjoy kicking back and eating BBQ hamburgers?
    And I just might have to bake a cake [face_thinking]
    Oh, and Casey, sorry for replying after you said not to. I hope you don't mind.
  7. TK-3374 Jedi Knight

star 1
    its ok to reply to the thread now, unfortunatly i have to agree with john on this one. i would like to see new people show up at these events. John i would like some of that money of you are handing it out.

As for the reason i was late i was helping my mom since my dad went out of town and i forgot i said i would help. Im sorry aout that.
  8. The_Cheeser Force Ghost

star 3
    Ah, life. Yeah, it was a bummer that it didn't work out for everyone like we hoped. I hope you are feeling better John, and you should always help your parents Casey when they need it.

Was there anything discussed? Or did you not worry about it since it was low turn out?
  9. TK-3374 Jedi Knight

star 1
    we basically said forget it. and because it was such a bad turn out i think we should leave people as active membership til next month. would a council member care to second me on that? hopefully next month will be better. the next council meeting will be soon so if there is anything you want us to discuss then tell one of us asap please.
  10. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
  11. Jordi-WanKenobi20 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sorry I had the play. Next Meeting...When, Where? And what is this BBQ you speak of sounds intriguing. Well, I have to say life is unexpected "keep your concentration here and now where it belongs" -Jinn (Episode I)
  12. The_Cheeser Force Ghost

star 3

Meeting following month- Friday, July 1st at John?s house. This will be a BBQ. More details to follow.

This is from the Minutes for Council Meeting topic.
  13. Jordi-WanKenobi20 Jedi Knight

star 1
  14. Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Master

star 4
    Let's bare in mind that details will follow. Since it is near the 4th of July, we will need input as to how many people plan on attending.
    Plus, knowing this group, things tend to change.
    Well, to echo Amy's sentiment from another thread it could always be Halo 2 and food. That really seems to bring this group together :D
  15. padmay_and_luke Jedi Knight

Well, a few thoughts come to mind re: ideas to recruit new members. First, patience - the Death Star was not built in a day. Baxter and I showed up, so you were not entirely without new peeps.

Second, perhaps having the next meeting in one of the parks along Division Street (Franklin or Clark) would help to entice new members. I realize it is not as central a location between ID and WA, but it is one of Spokane's most populated main drags. Kelli has already started a sign, which can be postioned to attract the drivers of Division. I would be willing to help make more signs, too. All sorts of people traffic Division on Friday and Saturday evening/nights, so we could very well attract some people who might have checked out the Spokantina but needed a few "drive-bys" to check out the crowd. We could also very well attract someone who was merely cruising by...

The promise of food is always a good idea. I love to cook, so I'll always be willing to bring along a dessert, or even tasty green salads from time to time (I know of a secret hole-in-the-wall market where I can get produce for a fraction of the price of mainstream supermarkets - and it's just as good, with even some local veggies thrown into the mix).

I am glad to have stumbled upon this great group - and I am excited about a Kids' Club evolving into reality. There is satisfaction in keeping the love for Star Wars alive for we adult fans, but it is also stellar to have a resource for younglings to encourage them to utlilize and explore the wonders of the Star Wars Galaxy... I take this last moment to encourage anyone checking out the Spokantina for the first time to please attend the next advertised meeting, either for yourself or your children - and may the Force by with you...

Padmay
  16. padmay_and_luke Jedi Knight

Well, a few thoughts come to mind re: ideas to recruit new members. First, patience - the Death Star was not built in a day. Baxter and I showed up, so you were not entirely without new peeps.

Second, perhaps having the next meeting in one of the parks along Division Street (Franklin or Clark) would help to entice new members. I realize it is not as central a location between ID and WA, but it is one of Spokane's most populated main drags. Kelli has already started a sign, which can be postioned to attract the drivers of Division. I would be willing to help make more signs, too. All sorts of people traffic Division on Friday and Saturday evening/nights, so we could very well attract some people who might have checked out the Spokantina but needed a few "drive-bys" to check out the crowd. We could also very well attract someone who was merely cruising by...

The promise of food is always a good idea. I love to cook, so I'll always be willing to bring along a dessert, or even tasty green salads from time to time (I know of a secret hole-in-the-wall market where I can get produce for a fraction of the price of mainstream supermarkets - and it's just as good, with even some local veggies thrown into the mix).

I am glad to have stumbled upon this great group - and I am excited about a Kids' Club evolving into reality. There is satisfaction in keeping the love for Star Wars alive for we adult fans, but it is also stellar to have a resource for younglings to encourage them to utlilize and explore the wonders of the Star Wars Galaxy... I take this last moment to encourage anyone checking out the Spokantina for the first time to please attend the next advertised meeting, either for yourself or your children - and may the Force by with you...

Padmay
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.