IMPORTANT! Meeting on Wed. March 16th & Future of Club

Discussion in 'Bakersfield CA' started by Jedi_Riibu, Mar 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Riibu Jedi Master

star 4
    The first part of this message is to announce a meeting Wednesday March 16th. 7pm @ Borders. If you have a conflict with this date/time please respond with a date/time that works better for you and we will consider it. (Do not say you can't show up at this date/time if you don't intend to show up at all.)

The second part of this message is to announce that effective Friday March 18th, I must resign from this position. I am moving up north to Monterey and start a new job in Salinas on the 21st.

So what is the future of this club? I honestly do not know, as I see no effort to participate from anyone (Amithyst_Blade being an occasional exception). In order for the group to continue, someone will need to step as CR. If Debbie had internet, I'd nominate her, but she doesn't. One thing is for sure, you'd HAVE to show up to this meeting to be even considered.

I don't know about you, but seeing the new Episode 3 trailer last night filled me with so much excitement and energy and I think it'd be a real shame if this group couldn't organize anything to celebrate this pinacle of moments in Star Wars history. There is no next time.

I hope to see some of you on Wednesday and I hope that this group will thrive in the future.
  2. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Good luck with your new job. At least you are going to a much nicer (weather wise) part of the galaxy.

We are still plugging away here, getting ready for CIII.

Take Care,

Master K
  3. Ultimate_Mamas_Boy Jedi Knight

star 1
    good luck on the future of the club. there has to be more big time fans in this area. our only new members are people we already knew.i think after the premere we may get some people to see that we exist. good luck again.
  4. Jedi_Riibu Jedi Master

star 4
    I've been in Monterey for almost two weeks now and am finally getting organized enough to be able to take care of things. I'm going to try to get Debbie in here so she can take over as CR. Until then I'm still willing to be a voice for Bakersfield. If anyone else is interested in the position you WILL need to meet with Debbie.

Thanks,
    Rosemary
  5. JediPastor Jedi Master

star 1
    I'm new here

Very new

I've been a StarWars fan all my life but not really online. This is the first I've heard of a fanclub here in Bakersfield. I'd like more information. I don't think I have the time to be the leader of it or anything but my brother might. I'll let him know about this this week. He's not online much but he can be. Let me know what the position entails and what's expected. I'll keep checking back here periodically to see what's up. I hope to hear from more Bakersfield Star Wars fans.

Scott
  6. jeff4sw21 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I just found out about the club and would like more information on where and when you meet. I am more of the Star Wars collector than book buff. I have two full rooms in my house displaing my collection. I hope to here from someone soon
  7. Jedi_Riibu Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi Jeff, welcome to the board.

Please feel free to organize meetings, doing whatever activities you please. I'm hoping someone is willing to step up and take over for this group.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.