main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY IMPORTANT!!! Meeting this Sunday - everyone please try to make it...

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Paul_B, Apr 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul_B

Paul_B Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2001
    I met up with Randy tonight and he's going to meet us at the Village Gate Square on Sunday at 1pm... I'll be getting there a bit earlier (12:30).

For all the new members this will be your first introduction to the guy that founded the GRASWFC. As I mentioned earlier, he's moving to N.C. in a few weeks. Let's give him a nice send-off!

Please PM me for more info ;)

Thanks-
    PB

2. Aesalon007

Aesalon007 Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2002
    howdy, I'm glad to see that we have some kind of group here in rochester.

how would I go about getting involved?

3. Paul_B

Jun 27, 2001
    Just show up to our meeting on Sunday... there is no formal enrollment. If you post on the forum and show up at the meetings... you're in!

PB

4. TheEmperorsHand

TheEmperorsHand Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 2000
    all right, so it's sunday then :) I'll find out for you, but I'm fairly certain it's a yes for both my sister and I ;)

5. JoeB-1_Kenobi

JoeB-1_Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2002
    Where? Near the Comic Book Store? I haven't been to the Village Gate in a while. Is the comic store still there?
    JOE

6. Paul_B

Jun 27, 2001
    2nd floor in the food court area... right next the Nik and the Nice Guys offices... right at the spiral staircase.

Yes, Comics Etc is still there... 1st floor.

PB

P.S. - Yes TEH, it's on for Sunday... it was better for Randy and you can still go to your Track meet on Saturday! ;)

7. Padawan_adri

Padawan_adri Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 14, 2001
    I don't think she wants to go :p

8. Paul_B

Jun 27, 2001
    I know... I like to tease her about it though...

9. TheEmperorsHand

TheEmperorsHand Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 2000
  10. Mazer-Rackham

Mazer-Rackham Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2001
    kool IM definatly able to go. see you guys there.

11. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Here I come to save the Daaaaay
    Its go time! Time for this old school member to make some new school friends. I've missed some of you guys...well maybe not Jeff...kidding bud
    Cya Sunday!

12. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    Again, I have church, so I'll try and make it, if I don't, I'm sorry. Maybe we'll be able to plan another meeting before AOTC comes out.

13. Paul_B

Jun 27, 2001
    Well, even if you can show up for a few minutes that would be cool. I will be there for an hour or 2 at the most... I'm sure others willbe there for a while too since we all haven't seen Randy in a long time.

I think his kids might be coming as well... Luke, Ben and Anakin.
    PB

14. Jedi-Master-DaarEkk

Jedi-Master-DaarEkk Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2002
    Cool- Thanks Paul, Randy for taking the initiative for scheduling this meeting. I had hoped you all would remember the meeting schedule I had suggested at the last meeting 3 weeks ago, but I could not find the time to post to remind anyone of it!!! (...for a meeting this Saturday @ 2:00, and another on Saturday May 11th, same time). I did issue the press release.... check your e-mail for the attached Word file of that... it calls for a final Pre-Ep2 meeting on the 11th, so DEFINITELY everyone should be there. Bring cool stuff to show to the cameras, in case they do come...

At this meeting, we need to all have a decision on the shirts. I've got a great deal all lined up for having them made. Plan on bringing some money on Sunday; figure $15-20. Additional shirts will be cheaper. Remember these will be DELUXE shirts and worth every penny.

The rest is easy. I think everyone should try to bring some kind of snax and/or soda, especially seeing as how our group's co-creator is leaving the area!!

Look forward to seeing you all Sunday. Don't forget your $$$...

Do we have a final decision on the design?...
    Guess I should read the other posts, eh?

-- Jedi Master Daar'Ekk AnTreyUus --

15. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    I'm pretty sure that I can make the 11th, that's exactly the day before my birthday, so my grandparents might be in town that day, so I dunno. :D I really gotta make sure I can go to these things...

16. Paul_B

Jun 27, 2001
    WHoa... wait a minute...

Dean, where did this new meeting schedule come from? We all thought there was a meeting this past Saturday? You never showed up... we were there, and a few new guys too!

We are already in the works planning something for Randy. Snacks and drink... already covered. We were tyring to keep it low key so as to make it a surprise for Randy... I guess it won't be much of a surprise if he reads this forum.

17. Ralph_Wiggum

Ralph_Wiggum Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2002
    I'll be there on Sunday (Paul, I'll try to show at 12:30 to help out if you need it). I'll see if I can bring a "special guest" (old friend and past member of the club) as well.

18. Qui-GonJohn

Qui-GonJohn Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2001
    OK make a cardboard standie of "the spirit of Qui-GonJohn" and I'll be there in spirit if not in person.

Tell Randy I said hello and stuff please. He is one of the pople I hardly ever speak to or hear from because I don't see him post much on this board, and it appears as though he hardly responds to e-mails ^.^

Qui-GonJohn

19. Paul_B

Jun 27, 2001
    Hi John! Great to hear from you...

Randy was asking about you when I spoke to him last night. He'll be coming back to Rochester in June and I mentioned that you might be doing that too. He wanted to know when you were planning to come back so that he can be back at the same time and we can go see Ep2 as a group again.

Let us know...

PB

20. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    I can make it Sunday. So this will be my second meeting, and Paul, you know what I'm going to bring, A) I told you at the meeting and B) It's somewhere on the social tread.

21. Curto

Curto Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2002
    A meeting? Village Gate? COOL!

I'll have to make it out there this time, even if it's just for a little while and i'm soooooo broke.

Dan

22. Aesalon007

Aesalon007 Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2002
    hmm... sounds good, I'll see if I can show. if so, I'll be the kid wearing the WTF? tee. shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

till then.

- Stan

23. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Mara-Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 21, 2000
    ok, great. Alison and I will most likely be there (we'll do our best to remember T-Shirt $$) and Kaitlyn (DarthCrambette) might be coming if she can...

24. Paul_B

Jun 27, 2001
    Excellent turnout today eveybody!

I had a great time! I think Randy was suprised and liked the poster we all signed... that was a great gesture. Thanks to Jeff Edsall for providing the print and markers.

Thanks to Adri and the whole Dibble family for the cake and picture taking and bringing the scrapbook for us all to look at.

Thanks to Chris for bringing the "trail mix", Nicky and Alison for bringing the chips with the cool 3-D pogs inside, and everyone else who brought treats and goodies to share... sorry if I forgot to mention names, it got a bit hard to keep track of who brought what.

I have about 16 pics to share and I'm sure Nicky and Adri will have pics as well. Can we get these on the 20m site?

Hope to see everyone on the 11th... let's make it another great turnout!

PB

25. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    ahahaha, trail mix....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.