main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

IMPORTANT: Moderators, RSAa, GSAs and upcoming changes to TF.N

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Jedi_BMack, Feb 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    (most of that post needs to be edited, and if I was still the mod...would be)

Um, I don't see what's wrong with my earlier post. I know as a moderator you'd have an obligation to edit posts when necessary, Geoff, but I don't think it would be called for in this situation. Really, I posted nothing inappropriate. It's my opinion... it doesn't violate the TOS:

User agrees not to post material that is knowingly false and/or defamatory, misleading, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, that otherwise violates any law, or that encourages conduct constituting a criminal offense.

My post did none of these.

I was 100% serious talking about political correctness. Are you aware that there are gay activists out there who are trying to make situaions where priests read passages FROM THE BIBLE that say homosexuality is wrong considered HATE SPEECH and ILLEGAL? This is just outlandish in my mind. This is just the beginning. The FCC has started, and I bet other organizations will soon follow. Watch how crazy our censorship is going to become in the next few years.

We're already at the mercy of the media. One of Howard Stern's sidekicks proved this by calling up some news program, I think it was on CNN, and pretended he was some political analyst. He was making comments on politics that were really out there and didn't make much sense, and the news program wasn't questioning his credibility when expressing his opinion. Then he just randomly asked if they liked Howard Stern and shook things up and they realized it was the Howard Stern show just messing with them and nobody could believe what was happening. The point of the whole thing: just because you hear it from the media, it doesn't mean that it's true... the media is pulling a veil over your eyes, and you're at it's mercy because you generally just accept that what they are telling you is true.

2. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    I'm with Eric on the consperacy. This is too much of a coincidence not to be noted.

3. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I will tell you one thing...you miss a day you DO miss a lot!!!

Wow, Geoff has been summing up the past few days for me and I don't know what to say...this is so wrong that people should HAVE to register with something without any info about it, is just wrong!

AND FURTHERMORE, I do care about other RSA's but our very own first CR and then RSA was booted (well he left but he would have been kicked off because as he said he never would have done this)!!! Who cares about Bria or other KRASH was involved in this too!!! I am speechless!

4. Talon Squad Leader

Talon Squad Leader Former Manager star 5

Dec 22, 1999
    Boy I am glad I wasn't part of the ModSquad way before this and was never re-promoted. Dang.

5. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Tell me about it Talon...it's been a crazy couple days, and real information is just starting to come forward. Only thing I do know is the JKOC will be alright! I doubt TFN is going anywhere...but how much the individuals cites rely on the FF boards (many cities have theri own) is going to be the subject of much discussion for some time to come.

6. skyedancer

skyedancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2002
    Wow! [face_shocked] I am so sorry about all of this, Geoff. I completely understand your decision. I'll remove my icon too (once I figure out how!) but I left the one signature that I feel might apply.

7. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    Well, at least now you are a VIP Krash :) .

8. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Before anyone throws a "welcome back" party for me...I'm waiting to get answers to some straight-forward questions I asked, regarding this whole mess (and how my info will be used).

Having my VIP status "re-promoted" is nice...but it can be taken away, just like last time.

9. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    At least you have a little time w/ color...no matter what might it mean! :D

10. skyedancer

skyedancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2002
    Somebody please tell me how to eliminate "your icon here." :confused: I don't want to scan through hundreds of icon pages.

11. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    It doesn't show to others, Cindy. It's just reminding you to add one. ;)

12. Talon Squad Leader

Talon Squad Leader Former Manager star 5

Dec 22, 1999
    Krash will get used to the red colors of his name just like I did (I used to use a green/neon green or silver/blue colored theme for my name).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.