main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

IMPORTANT: More Flavors Barrel-Bending

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by pinata242, Jun 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Anybody who paid with a credit card friday night, be sure to check your statement (online or by phone). I paid for 2 dinners @ $40 a piece and signed for an $80 bill. Checked today to see they charged me $96. While still a temporary authorization, I don't expect it to somehow magically drop $16 (+20%). Perhaps they divied up the gratuity, but that was already included on the bill and not on the form I signed.

Now, this is something I don't mind picking up if the "balance" that was paid by a very few members was adjusted accordingly. I just don't want to see this get out of control. Mike or Ed (or anyone for that matter), feel free to call me at home if we need to discuss this further.

2. Forceofvader

Forceofvader Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2000
    Brent...I'll take a look into that.

Mike

3. Shadoe42

Shadoe42 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    boy it just keeps getting better and better. I will have Diane check her card and see what was put on it for that night.

4. talltrees

talltrees Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 14, 2002
    What is the deal with this place? They just don't know when to stop!!

5. Shadoe42

Aug 30, 2001
    I would call you but don't have your number handy.

I looked at the back of the bill though. The waiter had written down the last four digits of each card given him and what he was told to put on the card.

on card 0484 - visa he has 90 dollars written beside it. Now to be honest I don't know if that is what he was told. But that is what he has written down.

6. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    That one was mine i think, one for me and dena and 10 bucks for Barry. Although i still have not seen the charge come through, even when checking online.

7. Shadoe42

Aug 30, 2001
    every other card on the list is written in at either 80 or 40. Diane's ticket from that night said 80 on hers so it should be correct. And my own card was simply what was left after that and the cash so no real way to tell if it is correct.

8. pinata242

Apr 29, 2002
    Well, we at least know how much cash we had, the total bill, and all the relevant credit card charges. Ed, just add what you got charged plus the $644 in cash and figure the difference from the total. Then see if the cards (as written on the bill you've got) would have covered that. If they do, Flavors screwed us. If not, Flavors still screwed us but at least reduced the charge you incurred...

I think.

9. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    Well, the charge finally showed up on my account, and it was for just $80...

10. pinata242

Apr 29, 2002
    HA! Well, magic has happened, I guess. The charge is no longer temporary and it has gone back down to $80. I wonder what the hell that was all about. Anyway, sorry for the distruption. Nothing to see here. Move along, move along...

11. Shadoe42

Aug 30, 2001
    that is wierd. but glad it got cleared up. i will still sit down and do the math when I get home tonight just to make sure.

12. Shadoe42

Aug 30, 2001
    The math on the figures on the back of the receipt works out. In case anyone is curious we paid 21% for a gratuity according to the figures.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.