main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Important new information from the NJO sourcebook

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Anakin1607, Feb 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin1607

Anakin1607 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Well, I just bought the NJO sourcebook and it's a lot better than I thought it would be.

First, some nice fat plot information. Bear in mind these writers have seen the overall NJO plot.

Anakin! Yes finally redemption! Let Anakin haters beware! It was the will of the force for Anakin to stand his ground and die. It was his destiny to destroy the Voxyn tissue, if he hadn't the New Jedi Order would have been doomed! This is great stuff (well, if you like Anakin that is :D )!

Ok, moving on. The New Republic has now been shattered, even if the Vong didn't take the planet the damage has been done. It is now "Impossible" to repair the damage done. There is no unified New Republic fight against the Vong. So it would seem that the "New Rebellion" theory is gaining more facts to support it.

It's also hinted that the Jedi will be the sword that punctures the Vong's invasion heart. Maybe even more than that.

"The Jedi might change as a consequence- but perhaps what is needed to save the galaxy is a new Jedi order."

Whoa, heavy stuff. It's hinted the Jedi will change towards being more active/aggresive than before, like the old Jedi Council that wasn't afraid to act. Seems like ol' Jacen might have to change his thinking a bit.

I can answer questions you might have. So if you have them, shoot.

2. GrandAdmPellaeon

GrandAdmPellaeon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2002
    We can only hope the Jedi stop acting like Senators and more like J E D I...

3. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    What is the yuuzhan vong destroyer analongs real name?

4. Anakin1607

Feb 7, 2002
    The Miid Ro'ik class Warship. Warships are the same thing as destroyers so I'm pretty sure that's the name, I can't seem to find the cruisers though... Maybe it's in another part of the book.

5. Cloaked

Cloaked Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2002
    Another great piece of information is that Pellaeon, is officially concidered a Grand Admiral. :D

Yeah!!

6. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Can you give info on it's armnement and defenses?

7. Anakin1607

Feb 7, 2002
    Hang on a second... maybe it it's an assault crusier. Ahh, I'll have to read through it to sort out which analog goes with which ship.

8. Nichos_Marr

Nichos_Marr Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    Another great piece of information is that Pellaeon, is officially concidered a Grand Admiral.

It's about time :)

9. Cloaked

Cloaked Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2002
    Yep.... Ah..... :D

10. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Well, considering that Pellaeon is the leader of the Imperial forces, he can call himself whatever he darn well wants. :D

11. Anakin1607

Feb 7, 2002
    Ahhgghh!!! I just saw the shot of Tahiri being "shaped" nasty stuff!

There are two styles of art in this book, one is the horible cartoon art and the other is "Dark" art. As you can tell, the dark art is much better. It's abstract, but you can still tell what's going on. I like it!

12. Anakin1607

Feb 7, 2002
    Another tid bit, there were actually three waves of dropships at Coruscant. The first one we didn't even see. After Leia's encouragement the Turbolaser crews obliterate the entire first wave, not a single ship survives.

:D

13. Anakin1607

Feb 7, 2002
    Well, there is at least one mislabing error I can find. The Sunulok is labled as the flagship interdictor of the Vong fleet. It is refered to many times as a warship/destroyer, so this is the first true error that I found.

14. Nom Anor

Nom Anor TFN Books Staff star 4 VIP

Mar 4, 2000
    I think all of the authors may have been a little off on the whole labeling of the interdictor as an individual ship. During my research I found that the interdictor is not a ship type. Almost all the larger Vong destroyers and cruiser have the ability to create interdiction fields. The Sunulok was a destroyer, but had interdiction capabilities.

15. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    And... I repeat myself here, but the 'dark' art of this book is NOT abstarct, but still figurative... It does represent something concrete, and as afr as I remember, abstract art doesn't.

16. Gotrat_the_Knight

Gotrat_the_Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2001
    Dose it have the charicter sheet for Corron Horn? I'v been looking every were for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.