main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Important new policy - please read

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Sites' started by MaxVeers, Nov 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaxVeers

MaxVeers TFN FanFilms Staff, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    Having discussed the current situation of this forum with the other moderators, we have decided to allow people to create new threads to advertise their websites. The specific rules are as follows:

1. One advertisement thread per member, not per website. If you have several websites, post links to all of them in the first post of your thread. If you create a new site, you can PM a moderator and ask him/her to edit the new site's link into the first post.

2. Use that thread to announce updates or additions to your websites. If you've added new content, simply reply to your own thread. Please do not create a new one no matter how exciting your update may be. It will be locked.

3. Please comment on other websites by posting in the appropriate thread. Use the forum search if you can't find it on the first page. Don't create a new thread or reply to an inappropriate one.

4. You may still create new threads for technical or design issues you are having with your site. Try to understand the difference between an announcement (which belongs in your website thread as a reply) and a general problem whose solution can benefit anyone doing something similar (which deserves its own thread). Please don't abuse this distinction.

We'll see how this works and hopefully it will make viewing websites, as well as making comments and announcements a little easier for everyone.

2. MaxVeers

Apr 24, 2000
    Please ignore this post. It is here in case this thread needs to be "un-stickied."

3. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    May I ask if there is any way that you could do what fa fiction does and to allow the user to edit their post anytime. that way when we update our threads or change links, we cna do it and no mod has to and members know which ones have been updated. Just a thought. :)

4. djr33

djr33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    yeah. in general, why doesnt that work? i know there must be a good reason, but could you at least tell us? thanks.

5. MaxVeers

Apr 24, 2000
    I'll bring it up with the rest of the staff. Thanks for the sugggestion, guys.

6. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Hey, Max.
    That would also be a great way to take care of the Tutorials thread in the FanFilms forum!

If I had the ability to edit my oritinal post (the first one) I could make a complete and accurate index there and just let BUMPS be for updates.

Just a thought.
    Have fun.

7. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    That would require unlimited editing time. I don't think that would cause too many problems in this forum, but you never know.

Also, a manager might want to remove the yellow notice in the header/footer. I'm pretty sure it's in one of the fields that any manager can edit without having to change or upload a file on the server.

While the new colors here don't match the banner very well, they're a nice change from the default. Perhaps this forum could have a banner contest sometime soon? Also, I think the header HTML is messed up a little, because the text that should appear after Jedi Council Forums » Fan Activities » Fan Sites » is showing up on top of the table.

8. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    Does this policy relate only to sites relating directly to Star Wars or for any (appropriate) site a person chooses to advertise/receive feedback on?

¤Night

9. MaxVeers

Apr 24, 2000
    I've removed the announcement and added unlimited editing time.

For now, let's keep posts related to Star Wars sites only. I'm trying not to be too strict but there are better places to get your non-SW sites critiqued.

10. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Night4554~ try going here for good and honest reviews on websites. Very friendly and helpful people.

11. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Thanks MaxVeers for the editing thing. :)

12. MaxVeers

Apr 24, 2000
  13. djr33

djr33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    ooo :) me like this. unlimited editin time always helps :) thx

14. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    For now, let's keep posts related to Star Wars sites only. I'm trying not to be too strict but there are better places to get your non-SW sites critiqued.

that might be a good thing to add to the first post in this thread, Max. if you're adamant about enforcing that rule, that is.

15. Princess-Leah

Princess-Leah Sketch Card Artist star 5 VIP

Jun 12, 2001
    Bump ^^ Bump Bump

Thank you Max and staff! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.