main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Important NJO moments

Discussion in 'Literature' started by LordShimrra, Jul 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordShimrra

LordShimrra Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2003
    OK, here's the deal. The inconsistencies in the NJO series is really getting to me. One author makes a huge deal out of something or says a few lines that you might think is/are important and could be big in the future, and then the other authors don't even mention any of it.

When you're reading so many Star Wars books all the time, if you're anything like me, you tend to forget things that went on in past books. So I'm creating this thread for anyone to put anything that could be vital in the next 2 NJO books that happened in the past 19 stories, so people like me don't forget.

- For instance, just recently I remembered after reading another thread that Anakin Solo's lightsaber is buried under rubble on Yuuzhan'tar.

- In DJ, a few close to Anakin said that his dead body didn't look like him. Interesting tidbit for those still hopeful of Anakin's return.

- The Bothans have declared ar'krai, or whatever. They seemed to make a big deal out of this in DW, and haven't mentioned it since.

- The "General" who was at the beginning and end of FH2 was in fact a Yuuzhan Vong, and they purposely started the whole Bakura / P'w'eck / Ssi-ruuvi war thing.

- Jacen Solo has a Vongsense, in which he can sense the Yuuzhan Vong. He told Tahiri he doesn't use the Force to do it. It's because of that seed thing that attached itself to his nervous system or whatever.

- Jacen Solo has a direct connection with the Yuuzhan'tar World Brain, and it's causing damage to the planet.

- Ikrit was sad when he told Tahiri and Anakin that together they were better than the sum of their parts. Could he have forseen his death or maybe Anakin's death?

- When Nen Yim saw the eight cortex, there was nothing in it. Shimrra has allowed to her to create the final protocol.

Anyone have anything else to add to this list? It's hard to remember these little details that could be important. Any additions would be well appreciated.

;)

2. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    "The Insiders"

Luke's secret plan to form a Rebel Alliance within a dying shell of the NR. In Rebel Dream and Rebel Stand, a great deal of this is mentioned. Then, in Destiny's Way, it is pawned off in a line or two. THat is the problem with having alot of different authors. SOme ideas are kept, while others are dropped.

By the way, don't forget about "a'krai" or whatever the hell it is called. The Bothan's still might suprise us. They might try to use Alpha Red. Also, Admiral Kre'fey is still leading a fleet for the Galactic Alliance. He might get too agressive and push to far......

3. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    LordShimrra wrote:
    - In DJ, a few close to Anakin said that his dead body didn't look like him. Interesting tidbit for those still hopeful of Anakin's return.
    I think that it was just a natural reaction to seeing a loved one dead, nothing more. It's funny how so many people ar making a big deal out of this
    - The Bothans have declared ar'krai, or whatever. They seemed to make a big deal out of this in DW, and haven't mentioned it since.
    I'm pretty sure that it's going to be resolved somehow.
    - The "General" who was at the beginning and end of FH2 was in fact a Yuuzhan Vong, and they purposely started the whole Bakura / P'w'eck / Ssi-ruuvi war thing.
    It shows how much the YV have infiltrated the GFFA. I don't think that anyone really needs to go more in-depth.
    - Jacen Solo has a Vongsense, in which he can sense the Yuuzhan Vong. He told Tahiri he doesn't use the Force to do it. It's because of that seed thing that attached itself to his nervous system or whatever.
    That's probably going to play a big part in the end of the NJO.
    - Jacen Solo has a direct connection with the Yuuzhan'tar World Brain, and it's causing damage to the planet.
    It was mentioned in Reunion, so I'm pretty sure it's going to play a part, as well.
    - Ikrit was sad when he told Tahiri and Anakin that together they were better than the sum of their parts. Could he have forseen his death or maybe Anakin's death?
    Ikrit was sad, and he wouldn't say why. Remember?

-Evan

4. LordShimrra

Feb 21, 2003
    Luke's secret plan to form a Rebel Alliance within a dying shell of the NR. In Rebel Dream and Rebel Stand, a great deal of this is mentioned. Then, in Destiny's Way, it is pawned off in a line or two.

Perfect example. Another pointless plot. And if it does have a point, why don't they re-mention these kind of things.

THat is the problem with having alot of different authors. SOme ideas are kept, while others are dropped.

Amen to that.

I think that it was just a natural reaction to seeing a loved one dead, nothing more. It's funny how so many people ar making a big deal out of this

I wasn't making a big deal out of it. I don't think he'll come back, I think he's dead. Just mentioning it.

Ikrit was sad, and he wouldn't say why. Remember?

Yes. I just wonder why he was sad. There had to be a legitimate reason.

5. sithspit4

sithspit4 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2002
    I for one am very mad about the whole insiders thing. :mad: When I read it I was like, "Sweet,
    the Rebellion is back!" But that turned out to be a bunch of crap.

6. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    Agreed.

A line in Force Heretic: Remnant, mentioning, in the aftermath of Borosk, that "the Imperials were pushing Corewards" to chase the Vong and get some territory.
    -Which probably explains why Pellaeon showed up with only the Right to Rule and Relentless at Estanfandia (sp?).

7. the_power_within

the_power_within Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2002
    The whole NJO is making Zerox sens. Are they trying to prove all the Charcaters suffer servere amnesia in between the books? Why have a series if the only conuality is Tahiris madness and Anakins death. That where the similarities lie.

Another one Kyp, Jaina, Jag. How did that end? In Dark Jedi it was left as open and then Kyp magically abandons th written texts and the authors minds

8. Even__Piell

Even__Piell Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    Holy crap you're right. What the hell happened to Kyp ? Where is he now ? If it's explained in one of the previous books, then i don't remember it.

Oh yeah and here's some more:

In the beginning there was a lot of talk about another superweapon being used.

Anyone remember those shields form VP ? The ones that were transmitted or something like that.

9. Ana Vitorrian

Ana Vitorrian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 1999
    Two things caught my attention above:

I. INNER CIRCLE

Luke's "Inner Circle" in the ENEMY LINES books. I wasn't too concerned that this was NOT really revisited after ENEMY LINES. In the chaos that followed the Battle of Coruscant (SBS) - there's was some disorganization amongst the remnants of the New Republic. There's been an ongoing theme of some NR worlds "collaborating" or "appeasing" the Yuuzhan Vong - AS OPPOSED TO - some willing to "take the fight" or "stand up to" the Yuuzhan Vong. With the death of Borsk Fey'lya - we also see a power struggle for control of the New Republic with the Quarren, "Pwoe", as well as the humans, Cal Omas and Fyor Rodan - all who have very specific and distinct agendas (and NOT including the vile, Viqi Shesh). By the time we get to DESTINY'S WAY, this all begins to sort out, with Cal Omas taking charge of the GFFA, and Luke forming a Counsel mixed with Jedi and other key leaders - whether military or political. "Presumably" - the "new" GFFA has reorganized the remnants of the Five Fleets, meaning those ships that joined the GFFA "over those that returned to their home systems - OR - those that stayed with the fallen New Republic". All these tidbit details, as well as others I haven't mentioned, tells me the "Inner Circle" was NOT necessary any more. The "vacuum of leadership" has been supplanted with Cal Omas and the GFFA Counsel. (And besides, we have no idea how Luke's Great River system or Talon Karrde and Crev Bombassa's intelligence network plays into all of this).

II. THE BAKURAN AFFAIR

The Yuuzhan Vong's role in the Bakura system is nothing different than the running themes introduced in VECTOR PRIME with Nom Anor and the Intendant Caste. Certain YV infiltrate and cause misdirection and disruption. They weaken the "hinges of the enemy's fort" in other systems in advance of the Yuuzhan Vong invasion(s). We saw this a Rhommamool-Osarian (sp?), we saw this at Duro, we saw this with the Abyssan (I think it was the Abyssan, I have to check my notes)(SW GAMER) homeworld, . . . and now we saw it at Bakura (among other inferrable examples throughout the NJO).

At least with Bakura - it opens the possibility of a separate warfront on the GFFA far from Yuuzhan Vong territory that would split and tax the resources of the GFFA to battle the Yuuzhan Vong. The overall scheme didn't work - but the YV tactics are signiture YV tactics evident from the outset of the entire NJO storyline. I would say it's tactics worthy of Yun Harla's admiration within the Yuuzhan Vong pantheon of Gods.

III. MASTER IKRIT

As a throwaway comment . . . it was my impression in reading CONQUEST that Master Ikrit was already at the end of his days. He is, after all, an extremely old (centuries) Jedi . . . I didn't take him as being "sad" - I took him at being "close to his own death" b/c of natural causes (old age) . . . but perhaps that's just me with that take.

Best,

Ana V

10. LordShimrra

Feb 21, 2003
    As a throwaway comment . . . it was my impression in reading CONQUEST that Master Ikrit was already at the end of his days. He is, after all, an extremely old (centuries) Jedi . . . I didn't take him as being "sad" - I took him at being "close to his own death" b/c of natural causes (old age) . . . but perhaps that's just me with that take.

In the book he says he's sad.

11. jhc36

jhc36 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    what about belkadan? whatever happened to it? didnt the yuuzhan vong turn it into a shipyard or sorts...along with duro? what about lando and his yvh droids? why the heck have they not been used more adequately?

amen to the ssi ruuk comment.

12. JainaPadmeJade

JainaPadmeJade Jedi Youngling star 5

Dec 20, 2002
    Some1 mentioned this before, about the characters having amnesia between the books. Thank u...thank u for saying that. To me, the har covers are the only ones that have SOME continuity (and even I'm stretching it a lil there) it's like some of the most important events that happened in the paperbacks never happened!

One question that has been nagging me is what happened to Jaina's apprenticeship with Mara? All of a sudden in DJ she can become Kyp's apprentice, that kinda made me go "what the hell is going on here?"

13. MASTERJEDICALRISSIAN

MASTERJEDICALRISSIAN Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    In my opinion, I think the New Jedi Council has been forgotten about.

14. LordShimrra

Feb 21, 2003
    In my opinion, I think the New Jedi Council has been forgotten about.

It hasn't been forgotten about, it's just on Mon Cal. Maybe it'll be in TFP.

15. Esplin9466

Esplin9466 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 27, 2002
    Yes. I just wonder why he was sad. There had to be a legitimate reason.

I always assumed he was sad because he knew he'd be dying in a few minutes. But perhaps it's because he foresaw Anakin's death as well. :eek:

16. JediFreac

JediFreac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Oh, that could very well be! *is sad, too*

Poor Bunny and KinKin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.