main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Important notice about the Feb. 21st meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by DonC, Jan 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Given the large number of members we have in the Akron area, the Febuary 21st meeting will be held at Summit Mall. And, if this goes well (ie: we aren't all arrested for loitering), we might be rotating between Akron and Cleveland for meetings.

If one of the people familiar with this place could post directions, that would be helpful. Thank you.

2. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    When going south on 77 from Cleveland, exit on Ghent Road and head south.
    There will be a light shortly after. Continue going straight on Ghent through the light. Do not veer right.
    Ghent Road will take you directly next to the mall on the Dillard's side.

If coming North on 77, exit at Miller road. Go staight when exiting the ramp. This will be Miller Raod. Miller will cross 18/West Market street. Turn left onto West Market. The Mall will be on your right after a couple of blocks.

Anyone have other suggestions or clarifications?

3. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Telling you now I dunno if I can make it... it's my sister's birthday. But if I can, I'll be there.

4. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    one of the people familiar with this place
    Kim nailed it...there's a ton of shopping plazas and such, so don't think you've gone too far. Summit Mall is hard to miss (on your left side)

Here's a turn of events...I can drive anyone from this area (up north) to Summit Mall.

Feb 21st - Summit Mall
    Krash

5. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    We should meet at Mikes. You know the Resturant with the Xwing out front.

6. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Yeah. That place is cool (well, other than the bottom pair of quad being on the wrong sides of the wings ;)).
    I won't go there, though. That's in my ex's jurisdiction. :(

7. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Feb 21st - Summit Mall
    Krash
    JJJ

8. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    yeah, mike's is hip... but also 25-30 min from summit mall.

can't make it unless, you'll be there after i get off work (just around the corner) at 5:00... it's in between my off saturdays...

-b-

9. Malo-ha

Malo-ha Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2003
    I work til 6pm that day so I won't be able to make it unless its in the evening.

10. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I don't think I will go...need more hours at work, not only for my Maine trip, but also C3, Williamsburg, and Washington DC!!!

11. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    so what time does it start?

12. skyedancer

skyedancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2002
    Like Mary and Brian, I can't make it either unless it's in the evening (5:30 or later) because I'm scheduled to work that day and it's too late to switch Saturdays with someone. :( And it's very close for me. :_|

13. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Since many people can't make it down, until later in the afternoon/evening...it might be best to meet @ Summit Mall sometime around 6pm? Last time we met at Southpark...we sat around, did our thing...wandered the mall together right up until closing. There's plenty of choices for places to go (Toys R Us and Regal Cinema is right before I71...a few mins away)

What do you think Don?

14. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I was thinking 6 myself. Knock on wood, we can make it a fairly quick meeting (which would be a first for us :p ) in case people have other stuff to do that night.

15. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I'll make a gametime decision... I'll go depending on if there's gonna be a party going on or not for my sister's b-day, and when it is.

16. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    hmmm...I was going to be out of town that weekend, but maybe I can be back by that time. I'll have to think about it.

EDIT: Woohoo! :D 2000th post! :D

17. Talon Squad Leader

Talon Squad Leader Former Manager star 5

Dec 22, 1999
    I am only a few miles away from Summit Mall in Akron...I will be there on the 21st! I cannot wait to meet all of you in person.

edit: Where are is the meeting going to take place at Summit Mall? The Food Court, the toy store, GameStop...?

18. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Welcome back Talon Squad Leader! Looking forward to meeting you finally...after almost 2 years! :eek:

Foodcourt, Summit Mall (the mall is sorta "Y" shaped...for those of ya who haven't been there) located on the lower end of the building.

EDIT: I love your signature...
    So much Legos, not enough money.
    You and JediBMack need to compare notes...I go for more of the action figures

19. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Hi Talon :)
    Sooo...we have another Akronite :D
    Yay!

20. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Watch out! They're multiplying! 8-}

21. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    and only two Cantonions! :eek:

22. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
  23. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    We really do need to recruit more Cantonians. :)

24. Talon Squad Leader

Talon Squad Leader Former Manager star 5

Dec 22, 1999
    Heh thanks all.

Yeah I love Legos. I just recently in the past year gotten into them, and have missed out on a few classic Star Wars Lego sets. I am kina glad though, as they are updating the models that sucked with new, updated versions for the Star Wars Lego product line.

On the Saturday of the meeting I plan on spending a little moola on Lego sets if I find some while at the mall or wherever we end up going. Cannot wait to compare notes with other fans about the current Lego sets...

Anyay, I cannot wait to meet you all...especially Jade -Walker, the other Akron-ite. ;)

Edit: and just because of Krash I changed my sig to my what my bio used to say...

25. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Talon has been on the boards since well before JKOC was in existance. And we've tried to get together for a long time...I went back through the old boards and dropped him a line. Glad to have you back on Cleveland boards!

Canton, Akron, East-side, West-side...if we're gonna grow (or even survive) as a fan group, we need to be looking for people who have the same interest in SW! I was out at Big Fun doing some shopping (and recruiting) just by talking with people. Every little bit helps!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.