main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA IMPORTANT UPDATE on Intra-Clubbal Tourney!!! UPDATED PART 2!!! PLEASE READ AGAIN!!!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by ben_ethus, Feb 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Unfortunately, either because a) my new boss is a moron, b) he hates me, or c) likes spiting his employees, I got put on the schedule for the 22nd (the day of the tourney), regardless that I asked to have the afternoon off.

This results in my needing to postpone the festivities until around 2:45, rather than 12:30. I apologize for this, but since I appear to be Fate's Whipping Boy as of late, there's not much that can be done about it.

New schedule looks like this:

-N00bie session (for beginners), starts promptly at 2:45.
    -Tourney starts promptly at 3:30.

So, the tourney is definitely still on, but just pushed back by about two hours. Hopefully, this doesn't inconvenience anyone other than myself. If it does, I apologize profusely.

Also, by now, all competitors should probably be positive about whether they intend to come or not. If you are definitely planning on attending, please post your intentions, and be sure to email me so that I include you in my mailer for directions.

Important Note: The directions email will go out Thursday night (shortly after Survivor airs :D), so if you haven't emailed me by then, you'll get excluded from getting directions.

To summarize:
    Game Tourney - Sat, Feb 22, @ 2:45 @ Ben's Swingin' Pad

I think that's everything I wanted to cover. If you have any questions, please post or email.

Looking forward to smashing you guys at the tourney,
    Yours Truly

P.S. If you show up real early, don't be surprised if I'm not around. I'll just be getting out of work immediately prior to the tourney. If this happens, be patient, sit tight, and wait for the yutz in the dirty green car and idioitic Giant Eagle costume to show up and open the door for you.

2. JediDaveFromDaBurgh

JediDaveFromDaBurgh Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2002
    I plan on attending and crushing every last one of you. Oh yes, the force will be strong with this newbie!

3. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I'll be there. I won't win but I'll have fun ganging up on those would be conquerors.

(Looks shifty eyed back and forth)
    Anyone want to form an alliance?

(E-mail me or if your courageous just post you intentions here.)

4. Shewski

Shewski Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    Are we still planning on having a CCG session afterwards w/ some DS2 starters?

5. Noble_Kale

Noble_Kale Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2002
    I plan on attending. Actually Ben, it works out better for me moving it back a couple of hours. I work until 7am on Saturday moring. That gives me a few more hours of sleep so I can rest up AND LAY THE SMACK DOWN on you all!!! [face_devil]

CRUSH, MAIM, KILL, DESTORY!!!

MWAHAHAHA!!! [face_devil] :D

6. Crimson_Knight1175

Crimson_Knight1175 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 20, 2002
    I'm going to try and be there as well, but I am not completely sure yet. I may end up at another shoot for a fan film, but thats not a definite yet either. But if I do make it, watch out baby! Just might have to bring one of my custome character decks! (evil laugh!)

Thats another thing too.....has anyone else done any kind of custome characters/decks for the game at all? I think that would be a good way to keep things fresh and fun. I've only done one so far, based on a set I saw online, and I'm working on a second, but I have a number of ideas for other characters too.

Not suggesting this for the tourney though....just a thought in general!

CK

7. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    I've seen a bunch online- I think this game is screaming for a simple expansion that has more boards and some notably missing characters.

8. Crimson_Knight1175

Jun 20, 2002
    I agree with you Shewski, though unfortunately I doubt Hasbro will ever release an "official" expansion to it. But we can always hope!

9. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Shewski... In regards to your query, I'd still like to give a CCG tutorial after the tourney proper for anyone interested in watching/learning/trying it out, provided you're still interested.

Also, since a couple people have asked me, and I've never addressed it, I will take the time to do so now...

It involves snacks, beverages, and their consumption...

Being the absent-mindedly inconsiderate host I tend to be, I neglected to plan on having any food or drinks on-hand, but, as we may be playing for a while, anyone who'd like to bring something to eat or drink, please feel free. It doesn't matter to me what gets brought, or by whom, and don't feel obligated to bring anything if you don't want to, but if you'd like to, you're more than welcome. I'll probably end up supplying a bag of chips or pretzels or something of that nature, but they tend not to last real long.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, who all intends to bring a copy of the game along?

I already have Shewski's copy here at my pad, but we'll need at least one other (maybe even two more). So, anyone who is willing/able to bring a copy along, please either post, or email me your intentions when you email for directions.

I think that covers everything.

Know whats best in life (and that it involves lamentation),
    Yours Truly

10. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Phew, I almost had to work that day but that would have meant someone else had a chance at winning. So I'm sorry to break to everyone, but I will be present :)

11. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    I'll bring some munchies, but I don't have a copy of the game . . .

12. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Is there anything I can bring?

13. jedi_1966

jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2001
    Was lookin fwd to coming to watch all of my brothers & sisters kill one another,but it seems that my plans for the Tourney weekend have changed,so as I stated in some other thread I'll still be bringing the Trophy to the Feb meeting,but I'll be sending to the Tourney along with Master Sal.

14. Crimson_Knight1175

Jun 20, 2002
    I have a copy of the game if I can make it, and I know Noble Kale has a copy as well.

15. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Ok, I just wanted to revive this so people had an idea of what is being brought to the par-tay.

I've got some Diet Coke and some soft pretzel nuggets (can I use your oven, Ben?)

Should someone bring plates/napkins/cups?

16. Noble_Kale

Noble_Kale Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2002
    Ben, do you need any folding tables or folding chairs for the tourney?

17. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Here's some responses to recent questions posted:

a) Shewski... you can feel free to use my oven/microwave, if need be. I honestly don't even know if my oven works, as I've never even touched it, but we can take it for a spin, if need be.

b) In regards to tables and chairs... I have all of one card table and 4 folding chairs in my swingin' pad. My original notion was to just use that and floor space for playing, but I recently came to the conclusion that playing on the floor may not be terribly comfortable for some folks... and now that we're having the meeting right after, it'd probably be good to have some extra chairs. So if you have an extra table/folding chairs sitting around, it may not hurt to bring them along.

c) In regards to food... as I noted before, bring something if you like, but you don't have to, though, bear in mind, I won't have a lot of food on-hand. Chips, pretzels, and that type of standard-fare are probably the most logical choices.

d) In regards to cups/plates... it didn't even occur to me that these would be useful things to have. I have some party cups around from the party I had shortly after moving in here, but if someone wants to bring paper plates, I suppose that couldn't hurt. I'm pretty sure I've got tons of napkins, so that shouldn't be an issue.

e) If you own the game, bring it. I'd rather have too many copies than not enough.

Will bring the smack-down on Saturday,
    Yours Truly

18. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I'm meeting Tony tomorrow to pick up the trophy so we are good on that end. I will also pick something up munchies wise.

19. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Worst case I will make a plates/cups run if we need to since I'm coming early to help with the Newbie session.

20. DarthDahc

DarthDahc Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 4, 2002
    Sorry sal, no alliances allowed. Oh and I hope you guuys are prepared to get pulverized because I am wearing the lucky undys to the party that I haven't washed in 2 months 3 days and 14 hours. j/k

21. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Directions. Weren't directions supposed to be posted or sent out or PM'd or something?

22. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Email is being sent out imminently. Check your local inbox shortly.

Just ate a hot-dog,
    Yours Truly

23. DarthDahc

DarthDahc Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 4, 2002
    Nothing to see here

24. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes!

Directions have been sent. I repeat, directions HAVE BEEN sent. Check the inbox at the email address you specified for me to make sure you got the email. Let me know if you didn't get it.

Can't wait till Saturday,
    Yours Truly

25. jedi_1966

jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2001
    Okeydokey folks,Rox now has the Trophy to bring to the tourney.Hope everyone likes,ENJOY.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.