main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY IMPORTANT: We need to have a meeting

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Katana_Geldar, Jan 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    IMHO we should set the date for the next meeting here so that way we can get as many members as we can to come, not just the ones from Launceston.

We really need to have a get together, all of us if that is possible, before school and uni start for the year.

Could ALL members please post two times and dates when they can come to a meeting.

For myself, it can be any day escept on weekends as there's no buses unless someone is willing to give me a lift. For times, it can be anythime before 5.30 unless I can get a lift. (stupid busses)

Locked per CR request

2. Viceroy_NuteGunray

Viceroy_NuteGunray Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2005
    I'm easy for any time next week.

3. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    We really need to have it next week so we can get ourselves into gear for O-Week.

We can't get funding unless we have 10 uni student members.

Here are the details:

http://www.studassoc.utas.edu.au/services_resources/clubs_sports/affiliation/index.htm

And this is what we get for being a uni society.

http://www.studassoc.utas.edu.au/services_resources/clubs_sports/affiliation/grants_submissions.htm

On the plus side I found a plce for us to meet. The library in Launceston offers a meeting room at $11 an hour. Maybe there.

4. Amaya_Unduli

Amaya_Unduli Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2005
    Do we need to be affiliated in order to have a table at O-Week? I certainly hope not or we're doomed!

*cough*

I mean, in a potentially difficult situation.

I would join as a paid uni member, but I doubt that they'd consider me as still enrolled. Maybe I could give you my ID number and we could try anyway? It might work until sometime in March when the previous years' ID cards must be renewed by (and work until).

5. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    I'm going to e-mail alex seeing as he's the anime club president maybe we can ride on his back just this once.

All we really need is a card table, I asked Viceroy if he could scare one up.

6. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Update: Due to the lack of interest there will be no meetinbg next week, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't have one with all the members present.

I'll see what I can scare up for a meeting after O-week when we (hopefully) will have more members.

7. Amaya_Unduli

Amaya_Unduli Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2005
    At least we don't have to arrange 'offical' meetings and count them anymore. We should be able to organise enough through the threads until we (except me, of course) can all get together again.

8. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Oops, just forgot. Need to tell Hawk about our meeting.

I'll unsticky this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.