main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Impossible Destiny (Anakin Skywalker, Jaina Solo/Jag Fel, etc. ROTJ-FOTJ) update: goodbyes are hard

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darkwriter, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Darkwriter

Darkwriter Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2006
    Author: Darkwriter
    Title: Impossible Destiny
    Timeframe: post-ROTJ to post Abyss
    Characters: Anakin Skywalker, Jaina Solo, etc.
    Summary: Anakin Skywalker survives the end of the second Death Star to see his grandchildren grow. As life goes on, he witnesses the heartbreaking choices his beloved granddaughter, Jaina Solo, must make to fill her prophetic role amongst the Jedi?
    Notes: This will be written in the spirit of deleted scenes, even though it?s AU, so the post will probably be shorter than is usual for me, but only because this fic will expand MANY years in the Star Wars universe. I?ll spend the most time in the DN ? FOTJ eras. What happens between the scenes is up to your own imagination, and thinking in relation to canon helps. But if anyone feels like writing in space that I don?t fill, feel free.

Dramatis Personae

Allana Djo Solo (human child)
    Anakin Skywalker (human; former Sith Lord, Jedi Master Correspondent)
    Anakin Solo (human; Jedi Knight)
    Ben Skywalker (human; Jedi apprentice)
    Han Solo (human; Captain, Millennium Falcon)
    Jaina Solo (human; Jedi Knight, pilot)
    Jagged Fel (human; CEDF pilot, exile, bounty hunter, Jedi support pilot, Imperial Head of State)
    Jacen Solo (human; Jedi Knight, Sith Lord)
    Leia Organa Solo (human; New Republic Chief of State, ambassador, Jedi Knight)
    Luke Skywalker (human; Grand Jedi Master)
    Tenel Ka Djo (Hapan human; Jedi Knight, Hapan Queen Mother)
    Zekk (human; Jedi Knight)

This list is subject to change without notification.

Prologue

MON CALAMARI; CAPTIAL CITY; KNIGHTING CEREMONY 28 ABY

Anakin felt a tight, cold lump growing in his stomach as it happened. Luke was up on the dais with that weird look in his eyes?the one that he remembered Yoda getting every once in a while in a crisis. It hadn?t been so creepy with Yoda, because Yoda had, after all, been a completely different, unknown species. But Luke was human, and Anakin?s son, and more and more these days it seemed that the younger Skywalker was doing things Anakin could only dream of doing?think Anakin was sure that had been beyond Yoda.

Only a few days ago, Luke had said they?d reached the balance point, prompted by Jacen?s return. Mara and Omas, even Luke, had thought he?d been talking about the war, but Anakin?s feelings were telling him otherwise. He looked up at Jaina, Luke?s hands on her shoulders, and felt a chill run down his spine.

As if supernaturally, Luke?s words drifted to his ears.

?I name you Sword of the Jedi. You are like a tempered steel, purposeful and razor-keen. Always you shall be in the front rank, a burning brand to your enemies, a brilliant fire to your friends. Yours is a restless life, and never shall you know peace, though you shall be blessed for the peace that you bring others. Take comfort in the fact that, though you stand tall and alone, others will take shelter in the shadow that you cast.?

As the words were spoken, Anakin felt as if his body had gone suddenly lethargic. He wanted to leap onto the dais, rip Luke?s hands from Jaina?s shoulders, and berate his son for daring to give yet another member of the Skywalker family this impossible destiny, but his limbs were frozen, as if his circuitry had suddenly stopped working, and he knew, anyway, that it wasn?t really Luke speaking. It was the kriffing Force.

Anakin looked superstitiously over at Han and Leia, their arms supporting each other. Leia?s expression was slightly suspicious, Han?s more than slightly confused, but they showed no sign that they understood the significance of Luke?s words.

As that realization came to him, he sagged in defeat. He did not want this to be happening again. He did not want another member of his family to be burdened by an inscrutable prophesy?of all people, not Jaina. She had been doing so well lately, not like her fiasco on Hapes, and now that Jacen was back in one piece, Anakin had expected that her improvements would grow exponentially. But the Force, did it really have a sick sense of humor

2. JordanCHFel

JordanCHFel Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2009
    This looks really good...I can't wait for more...if you have a PM list please add me....
    Also I do believe it's Qui-Gon Jinn with a J not a second G but I could be wrong....:)
    Miss Chelly

3. Rogue11JSF

Rogue11JSF Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2009
    I love this already! please post more!
    ~Rogue

4. JordanCHFel

Mar 12, 2009
    Oh I meant to add....GRRRRR Jaina standing with Zekk...you better stay true to the subject line....OHHOHHOHOH MAYBE Anakin will save Jaina from throwing away her life (go to Csilla with Jag)
    Rogue and I would like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. olso3856

olso3856 Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2008
    This looks rather interesting - I like how it's a different perspective I haven't seen before. I can't wait to see more :D :D Is there a PM list? If so, I'd like to be included :D

Thanks! And great job!

6. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    JordanCHFel Thank you! You're right - it is with a J.

Oh I meant to add....GRRRRR Jaina standing with Zekk...you better stay true to the subject line....
    The whole idea behind this fic is two show the relationship (that would have delveloped) between Anakin Skwyalker and Jaina Solo, since both these characters fulfill prophetic roles in their lifetimes. Since the majority of this fic will occur in DN, LOTF, and FOTJ, and since I'm a hopeless romantic, I'm leaning heavily toward J/J. Hopefully, I'll even find room for a bunch of romantic scenes. But until she meets Jag, I also have to deal with the early part of her life...and that means I have to address the question of Zekk. Hopefully that makes sense. You'll see what I mean.

OHHOHHOHOH MAYBE Anakin will save Jaina from throwing away her life (go to Csilla with Jag)

Well, this is more about the way that Anakin fits into Jaina's life. Once I've gotten caught up with Abyss, I might take it in a different direction, so we'll see. But she can't go to Csilla, because...like I said before, you'll see what I mean. Despite this, I hope you like it.

Rogue Thanks! It's coming up!

olso3856 I'm glad you like it so far.

Author's Notes

Chapter One backtracks a bit...we're going to start at the beginning, right after Return of the Jedi. This fic is about the relationship that exists between Anakin and Jaina, but to get there I need to go through Leia first. Instead of acting as a short story or a novel, it's more like a series of vignettes, so the passage of time will hopefully make more sense. I've added tags, Allston-style, but let me know if anything is confusing.

Also, in case anyone is interested, I changed the dramatis personae.

As far as the PM List goes, those of you who want to be notified of updates will get a weekly PM, on Friday night, probably. There, I'll inform you of everything that's been updated in the story, though it may be more than one chapter. So I won't be sending out PMs each time the story is updated, save this first time, but you'll still have a regular PM. Questions? Hopefull this works!

PM LIST
    JordanCHFel
    olso3856

Chapter One will be up soon. Luke's POV.

7. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    PART ONE

Chapter One

REBEL DREAM; MED BAY, 4 ABY
    post-Return of the Jedi

Luke Skywalker stood behind fiberglass windows, looking down on the Rebel Alliance medical droids, working quickly to save his father?s life. There were a couple other human medics puttering around, and one Rodian, but they were not too engrossed in their tasks, and Luke would have known the truth without looking at them.

They wanted his father to die.

The emotion that numbed his throat was more despairing than angry. Luke wasn?t sure whether he would ever feel anger again. Even though he wanted more than anything to save is father?s life, Luke could not blame the Rebel Alliance medics for their laziness. Their patient was the former Darth Vader, after all, the man who stood against everything they were fighting for. At least the droids could function without bias. That would be enough, until Luke was able to get Anakin to Imperial Center, where a team of medics would hopefully be more reliable.

Leia stood beside him, her normally immaculately braided hair frazzled and out of place. She was still wearing her clothes from Endor, having just boarded her flagship, Rebel Dream, and Luke?s eyes kept straying to the bacta wrap on her arm. It seemed that Han had patched her up nicely, and for that Luke was eternally grateful.

But Luke could feel her anger, more fiery and potent than he could remember Vader?s ever being, and it worried him.

?Leia,? he tried again. ?You need to forgive him.?

She turned her wrathful gaze from Anakin?s scarred, fleshy torso, to Luke. ?I can?t Luke. After what he?s done??

?He saved my life,? Luke said calmly.

?And that is the only reason I let you take him up here.?

Luke grinned. ?Also, because I suspect you have a heart.?

But she wasn?t falling for it. Her dark eyes flashed with rage. ?Luke, he blew up Alderaan. A whole planet, my home.?

Luke grew somber. ?And we, in turn, blew up a giant space station?two, now. With enough people in it to fill a planet. Besides, he wasn?t the one who gave the order, Tarkin was. Someone else pulled the trigger. Not our father.?

?Stop calling him that,? Leia snapped.

Luke felt his heart fall. It seemed Leia would never accept Anakin, no matter how hard he pushed. But Luke needed her support most of all. Someone had to stand up to defend him when the Rebel leaders called for justice. His only defense was a Jedi one, and since he was the only Jedi in the Empire?the New Republic?Luke wasn?t quite sure what to call it now?they might just take his word for it. Or they might not. Mon Mothma, who Leia was convinced was going to become their new government?s leader, might decided that having a Jedi Order just wasn?t worth the trouble.

Leia must have seen the sorrow in his expression, because her own face softened and she said, ?Luke, I didn?t mean it that way. Look, I?m glad you?re my brother. I?m glad that we?ll be seeing each other even after this is over??

?Why wouldn?t we be seeing each other?? Luke wanted to know. ?You?d just ditch me? Ditch Han? I thought you two were sort of an item now that??

Leia cut him off exasperated. ?I didn?t mean it like that either, nimrod.?

Luke smiled. He liked that she called him names, the kind that he imagined a sister might have called him if she?d known him his whole life.

Leia went on, ?I just?just because I don?t want to accept him?? She glared back down at Anakin Skywalker, using the word ?him? as if it were the foulest word in the galaxy. ??doesn?t mean I don?t want to accept you.?

?I?m glad, Leia,? Luke said. He put an arm around her shoulder. ?But I?m really worried about this anger you?re penting up.?

?Why? I?m not a Jedi.?

?Don?t you want to be, though? Someday??

Leia?s lips twitched, as if she were trying not to smile, and an uncharacteristic rosy hue came to her cheeks. ?I don?t know. Maybe. But I?m going to have a lot of work right now, helping Mon Mothma build a new infr

8. JordanCHFel

Mar 12, 2009
    AWWWWWWWWWW Darkwriter that was sooooo sweet....I loved how he named it after Padme.....he still loved her more than anything..................
    I can't wait for more....
    Oh wanted to say that I had to laugh when you said "I think I'll find some room for some romance" or something like that.......you can find conference rooms.....bedrooms(:D) all sorta rooms!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    This story is so intriguing, Jaina's relationship with her grandfather. Of the all the Solo children, she is very much like him in so many ways.

Looking forward to more. Please add me to your PM list.

10. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Very good!

Please add me to the pm list I don't want to miss anything!

11. whateveritis12

whateveritis12 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 29, 2008
    I'm looking forward to seeing Anakin and Jaina's relationship throughout the years.

The only problem I'm seeing now is the fact that the FOTJ series is pretty much a witch hunt on Jedi. And who wouldn't want Darth Vader's pelt on their door. Even though he's been faithfully serving the New Republic/GA for 40+ years. They've forgiven Kyp and won't go after him, but what Vader did is above and beyond what Kyp did. He also doesn't have the convenient excuse of being possessed by a long dead Sith Lord. Add to the fact that Daala will probably have a history with him that might not be amicable because of Tarkin, and things are looking bad for Papa Skywalker in the FOTJ years.

Are you going to have chapters dealing with his reactions to some of the Bantam era books, notably the Zahn books that bookend the Galactic Civil War?

12. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    JordanCHFel AWWWWWWWWWW Darkwriter that was sooooo sweet....I loved how he named it after Padme.....he still loved her more than anything..................

Yeah...I was trying to figure a name and thought, why not?

Oh wanted to say that I had to laugh when you said "I think I'll find some room for some romance" or something like that.......you can find conference rooms.....bedrooms( ) all sorta rooms!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL. This is seriously funny. I've gotten five chapters written so far, and I've just gotten to Jag's first appearance. I think you'll like it. Who knows? You may even like the Zekk parts.

Kailene This story is so intriguing, Jaina's relationship with her grandfather. Of the all the Solo children, she is very much like him in so many ways.

Aside from being "The Chosen One," she's also a great mechanic and pilot, with a talent for getting into trouble. Doesn't have any mechanical limbs, though...I think the Solos escaped that legacy.

Looking forward to more. Please add me to your PM list.

Just a reminder, I send out PMs on Friday night, but I may update during the week. I would have updated last friday, but our computer wasn't cooperating, among other things...

Lady_Misty Sure! See above reply.

whateveritis12 The only problem I'm seeing now is the fact that the FOTJ series is pretty much a witch hunt on Jedi. And who wouldn't want Darth Vader's pelt on their door. Even though he's been faithfully serving the New Republic/GA for 40+ years. They've forgiven Kyp and won't go after him, but what Vader did is above and beyond what Kyp did.

True. It's something I hadn't considered at great length. Though he really only starts serving the New Rep/GA when the Yuuzahn Vong invade. As you'll see, Leia and Mon Monthma take some precautions for a while concerning Anakin's Force-using.

However, it's my opinion that Vader was mostly an Image guy. After the Jedi slaughter, he was basically an enforcer - a Sith enforcer, but one that lived a shell of an existence. Technically, the rebels were traitors to the Empire, and Vader could potentially have the support of those who were in the military at the time. And by FOTJ, the Imperials are supposed to be allies, so it's up to interpretation. On the other hand, Anakin HAS been serving the GA, so Daala could reasonably put him on the stand for her anti-Jedi agenda.

He also doesn't have the convenient excuse of being possessed by a long dead Sith Lord.

LOL

Add to the fact that Daala will probably have a history with him that might not be amicable because of Tarkin, and things are looking bad for Papa Skywalker in the FOTJ years.

Also true. If Daala has her way, things will not bode well for him at all. We'll see what happens when we get there. Right now, I've gotten as far as Dark Journey.

Author's Note

so I'd like to say now, if there are any books in particular you'd like the see with Anakin, let me know, and I'll do my best to accomodate. I'm not making promises, but it'll be good to know if anyone is looking for something in particular.

As far as that question goes, whateveritis12, I'm assuming you're talking about the Thrawn Trilogy? I have a scene from there, though it doesn't really relate to the trilogy's plot in a major way. I also have a scene close to Vision of the Future, same deal.

Up next: Leia's POV during The Courtship of Princess Leia and post-Tatooine Ghost in a few minutes. Patience is the way of the Jedi.

13. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    Chapter Two

CORUSCANT; IMPERIAL PALACE; LUKE SKYWALKER?S QUARTERS 8 ABY
    The Courtship of Princess Leia

Leia didn?t know why she?d bothered coming here, but she convinced herself it was mostly out of her promise to Luke, that while he was away she would check in on their father once in a while. Usually, she made pains to stay away from Anakin Skywalker if Luke wasn?t around, but he?d been so worried when he left for another planet, searching for another lost Jedi record, that guilt finally consumed her and she went to see her father.

After four years, she had to admit defeat and could not deny that he was her father. Not that she?d ever doubted his biological claim, but for the first few years he?d entered her life as Anakin Skywalker, she?d been adamant about a separation between them. Her father?the one who had raised her, cared for her, loved her?was Bail Organa, and he had died on Alderaan. But Leia was stuck with the man who had allowed Tarkin to demolish her home.

Still, despite her attempts to separate her identity from Anakin?s?as everyone, even Mon Mothma, even Han was calling him these days?she could not separate herself from Luke. Since the end of the war, they had grown closer than she had dreamed possible, and the love that blossomed in her heart for him did not allow her to hurt Luke?s feelings. So by extension, she had associated herself with his father?and Anakin had somehow become her father, too. For Luke, she had ordered her medics aboard the Rebel Dream to nurse Anakin back to health, had paid for Anakin?s health bill on Coruscant, kept paying for his battery packs, and had somehow convinced Mon Mothma, her council, and the Senate, to tentatively pardon Anakin?s crimes. Luke?s argument for a Jedi Order helped, too, and since Vader had been an enforcer of the law, some saw him as merely Palpatine?s lackey, despite his threatening image and his inexcusable crimes. But Anakin wasn?t wearing his suit anymore, and that helped, too.

So eventually Mon Mothma had begun referring to him as Leia?s father, even though Leia assured the Chief of State that she didn?t think of him that way?only Luke did. But Anakin had somehow managed to grow on the council, and even Admiral Ackbar was warming up to him, and Leia was forced to think of him as her own father.

At times like these, it was irksome.

Especially as Leia typed the high security code key for Luke?s quarters?a security precaution that only Leia, Luke, and Admiral Ackbar were privy to, in order to keep Anakin safely locked under official house arrest?she found her father sitting on Luke?s wide blue couch in the front sitting area, not alone, but with Han, of all people, crouched next to the vidwall?s terminal, frowning into the circuits.

Leia burst into the apartment, Winter only a couple steps behind her, holding a bag of new groceries.

?What are you doing here?? Leia demanded.

Han cocked his head her direction, sending her one of his crooked smiled. ?Nice to see you, too, Princess.?

Leia glared at him. ?How did you get in here? You don?t have the code??

?Luke gave it to me before he left. Said he wanted me to check up on the old man, since he wasn?t sure you?d do him the favor.?

?I made a promise, didn?t I?? Leia challenged hotly, while Anakin affected an indignant expression and said, ?I?m really not that old, you know. Forty-seven isn?t old.?

Winter glanced at Leia. ?We won?t tell Ackbar about this.?

?Definitely not,? Leia agreed. Ackbar might have started warming up to Anakin, but it was only because he was Luke?s father. Leia sincerely doubted the Admiral would look favorably on Luke giving away the high security code key, even if it was to Han.

?Han?s just fixing my vidwall,? Anakin said. He was more gangly than even Han, his skin still sparkling too-white after four years?of course, being locked up in Luke?s apartment night and day hadn?t helped with that. But his dark hair was growing in nicely, curling gently all the way down to

14. whateveritis12

whateveritis12 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 29, 2008
    Good chapter. Nice job having Anakin slap a little bit of sense into Leia during COPL. Though she is so against it coming from his mouth that she still doesn't really listen.

I'm guessing that TTT scene is Jaina getting born and maybe the scene right after when the Imperial infiltration squad tries to take them. Then the HoT is going to be Luke's wedding. Though I would like to think that with Anakin there to kick Luke in the butt that he'd be more actively pursuing Mara than he did in the original timeline.

Maybe they're together but don't want to marry yet because their lives are too seperate and the HOT duology brings their lives together. Seems more plausible than them just getting together officially for a few weeks before their marriage.

15. olso3856

olso3856 Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2008
    A pair of really good chapters!

I especially liked the dialogue at the end of Chapter 2 and how you wrote Leia. She didn't say a lot, but what she did say was very powerful :D I look forward to reading more :D

16. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    You wil have Anakin's reaction to Mara Jade will you? I know that would divert from the story a little, but i think you could work it in there :D

I'm not a J/J fan but this story is interesting enough that J/J won't bother me too much.

17. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    Great story!
    Add me to the PM list please!
    Loved how Anakin was...well I am not sure what the word was when he he saw Luke go all weird and Yodaish in the prologue... but I really enjoyed that scene.

18. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    whateveritis12 Thank you for your praise! Leia's sort of obstinate; imagine what might happen if she discovered she inherited that little trait from her father? [face_worried]

I'm going to say right now that there isn't a lot of action in this series of vignettes. It's mostly about how the characters react to one another, little hidden scenes.

Maybe they're together but don't want to marry yet because their lives are too seperate and the HOT duology brings their lives together. Seems more plausible than them just getting together officially for a few weeks before their marriage.

I don't want to give too much away, but I've worked in a little more with Luke, some with Mara, but not that much, since this fic is really about Anakin and Jaina - we already know how Jaina relates to Luke and Mara, and we can imagine how Anakin relates to Luke. Mara is a bit tougher, but I'm sure a few sentences will sum it up nicely. I wish I could do more with Luke and Mara (and Han and Leia), but the adhesive that keeps this story together comes from Jaina. Anyway, we can discuss it more when we get to that post...

oslo3856 Thank you! I'm glad you liked the parts with Leia. This was actually my first time writing continuously from Leia's POV, and I was pleased to discover how much I enjoyed being in her mind.

jacen200015 It's already written. But I don't want to give too much away.

J/J will be featured here, mostly because Jaina ends up with Jag in canon, and I want to show how Anakin feels about it. Jaina's will be taking his role, basically, the emperor's lieutenant. Just another way to show how they are similar. I hope you continue to enjoy!

star_writer24 Remember, I only send out PMs once a week. I've been slow lately, because I've just moved into my new dorm.

Loved how Anakin was...well I am not sure what the word was when he he saw Luke go all weird and Yodaish in the prologue... but I really enjoyed that scene.

Yeah, if you've pretty much grown up with Yoda, then suddenly see your own son emulate him...that's got to be creepy. Glad you enjoyed.

19. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    Author's Notice

There should be a new post tomorrow. Sorry I haven't posted in a while, but I just moved into my new dorm, and I've beend dealing with the first week of classes. And a computer that didn't work. And now my laptop is being jank again, so I've got to let Charles take a nap.

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi:

I am really enjoying this. I think your dialogue and characterizations are excellent. Hee!! I especially love the reaction Anakin had to Isolder. [face_laugh] And, the relationship between Luke and Leia is wonderfully detailed. I am definitely looking forward to the J&J mush. :D I would like on your PM list, please.

And, BTW, I am really taken with the idea of hidden scenes. [face_dancing] Erm, I would like to suggest a wee changearound though when you get to the LOTF section--please don't let Jacen off Mara. [face_frustrated] :p

[face_batting]

;)

21. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    Jade_eyes I am really enjoying this. I think your dialogue and characterizations are excellent. Hee!!

Thank you! It's always beneficial to know what parts of my works stands out the most.

Hee!! I especially love the reaction Anakin had to Isolder.

I figured, despite his overprotective streak, he would HAVE to side with Han, because Anakin is the one person who understands what sacrifice and heartbreak can do to a person. I wish that I could play around with him a little more, make him not approve of someone's significant other, but it turns out he acts as a buffer more than anything else. *sigh* I do have fun with him though.

And, the relationship between Luke and Leia is wonderfully detailed. I only wish I could do more with this family, but then this story would NEVER END. And, as a creative writing major, I have other stories to write that may possibly affect my GPA.

I am definitely looking forward to the J&J mush.

Oh, then you'll defnitely like Chapter Nine, where Jag...well, you'll see.

Erm, I would like to suggest a wee changearound though when you get to the LOTF section--please don't let Jacen off Mara.

Agaain, I don't want to give too much away. Don't read this if you really don't want to know yet. I'll just say, Mara has to die. Because it's the only way the others will know how far Jacen's gone, and that will be the only thing that prompts Jaina to go after her brother. How else can she fill her role as Sword of the Jedi?

My computer is being jank again. Does anyone else have a problem with the text once you get a scroll on your text box? My screen doesn't want to show me the line I'm typing. It takes some serious skill just to type THIS. So I'm going to update mthe PM list soon, and hopefully a chapter will be up today, but it's hard to add all the italics that are in my Word document when the text box is twitching at me.

22. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    I like the part from the CoPL era where Leia only goes to see her father so that when Luke comes home he doesn't strangle her for not looking after him like he asked her to do.

I like the argument that Leia and Anakin had about Han being better then Isolder because it takes more than thirty days to judge someone's character and that there's the question that he (Isolder) might really just lust after her.

As for Isolder having Anakin 'guarding' him must have been unsettling on Isolder's part.

Tsk, tsk, Luke, didn't anyone ever tell that it is impolite to check the gender and number of a woman's unborn child(ren) without permission?

23. lost_lauries_grapes

lost_lauries_grapes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2006
    Darkwriter,

Today, while stumbling through the forums in search of time travel fics (to fill up my afternoon of procrastination), I came across your description (Anakin Skywalker, Jaina Solo/Jag Fel, etc. ROTJ-FOTJ)and was instantly intrigued. Not often do you find Anakin Skywalker next to Jaina Solo. So, under the guise of a time travel story, you drew me in.

Come to find out, Anakin's alive and doing pretty good. This made me happy. But no time travel involved, just a quick decision by Luke to get Daddio off the DSII. Nice.

I must say, however, that though I have enjoyed all that you have posted so far, this is my favourite line:

Looking forward to your next chapter,

B

PS- No need to add me to the PM list, I've already saved the link in my interwebz.

PPS- As to your computer problems, my man would most definitely say, "Punch it!" However, through personal experience , I have found that punching your laptop is not a reliable way to get the problem fixed.

24. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    Lady_Misty I like the part from the CoPL era where Leia only goes to see her father so that when Luke comes home he doesn't strangle her for not looking after him like he asked her to do.

I really loved writing Leia. Her relationship with Luke is really interesting, and I think it gets downplayed sometimes.

I like the argument that Leia and Anakin had about Han being better then Isolder because it takes more than thirty days to judge someone's character and that there's the question that he (Isolder) might really just lust after her.

Lol. Yeah, Anakin would know quite a bit about this. At this point in his life, I think he's got enough insight to give good advice. He did, after all, fall in love with a queen. But that's a different story.

As for Isolder having Anakin 'guarding' him must have been unsettling on Isolder's part.

I'm not sure Isolder really met Anakin, seeing as Anakin was under house arrest at the time.

Tsk, tsk, Luke, didn't anyone ever tell that it is impolite to check the gender and number of a woman's unborn child(ren) without permission?

Well, he did it to Teneniel. And he's supposed to be pretty much all-powerful someday.

lost_lauries_grapes Hey, Brittaney! I was so psyched to see that you found me. I don?t even buy your browsing-for-time stories story. You totally clicked on my story because you wanted to see how your favorite cousin is doing. Incidentally, I considered doing a story where Jag and Jaina go back in time to Anakin and Padmé?s apartment, where Jaina consequentially meets her grandparents, but decided against it.

Laptop still not working. I?m seriously considering either posting in the computer lab by the library, or possibly posting without the italics. But the MF needs to be italicized, because if it isn?t, that?s just bad writing. So we?ll see. Hopefully there will be a post by Friday!

PM List (no bolding in alphabetical order)

jacen200015 (your sig indicated that you would like one)
    Jade_eyes
    JordanCHFel
    Kailene
    Lady_Misty
    oslo3856
    star_writer24

25. JordanCHFel

Mar 12, 2009
    OH MY GOSH!!! SO SORRY I HAVEN'T BEEN AROUND!!!!!!!!
    WAWAWAWAIT! LIKE ZEKK parts....no no nonononononono! NO!
    I want Jag...I don't like Han/Leia/Luke/Anakin......Luke needs a woman...........and dont h=make it anyone other than Mara PLZ