main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Impossible Destiny (Anakin Skywalker, Jaina Solo/Jag Fel, etc. ROTJ-FOTJ) update: goodbyes are hard

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darkwriter, Aug 25, 2009.

1. lost_lauries_grapes

lost_lauries_grapes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2006

Whhhyyyyyyy? That would be THE. BEST. THING. EVER.

Actually, my story about crusing the internet? Is actually true. I started reading and only when I accidentlly read on of the replies did I notice that she was addressing a "Darkwriter". So, yeah. I didn't know my lovely cousin had actually written it until then.

Libraries are awesome!

2. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    This is excellent, please add me to your PM list.

3. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    This is wonderful. Please add me to your PM list. =D=

4. Bobafreak93

Bobafreak93 Jedi Knight

Sep 11, 2009
    This is a awesome story, love the idea. Please add me to the PM list!

5. baritonejedi

baritonejedi Jedi Knight

Jul 16, 2008
    Just Caught up Pm list Please

BJ=D= love this plot majors ups

6. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    This is very interesting. Please add me to your PM list.

7. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    *searches high and low for Darkwriter*

Please let us know when you'll be updating, please.

8. Darkwriter

Darkwriter Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2006
    All right...I'm back! Sorry for the delay. Combined with technical problems, school has been really hectic; not a good semester in general. The good news is that I have upt to ten chapters written already, but I'm also working on various other stories, including NaNoWriMo for November. Anyway, the PM list is really growing! I'll type it here now, so tell me if you want to be on it and your not, or if you're on it and you want to be taken off. If you do want to receive PMs but you have a tendency to lurk, please just remember to post every once in a while so I don't have to search pages back for you. One-word replies are fine, I just need to be able to find you.

PM List
    baritonejedi
    Bobafreak93
    jacen200015
    Jade_eyes
    JordanCHFel
    Kailene
    Lady_Misty
    oslo3856
    PointGiven
    Sara_Kenobi
    star_writer24
    Ultima_1

Next chapter should be up soon. To make up for my massive delay, it's one of my favorite chapters!

9. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    Chapter Three

CORUSCANT; IMPERIAL PALACE; LUKE SKYWALKER?S QUARTERS 9 ABY
    Thrawn Trilogy

Han spent the nine months in continuous consternation. On the outside, he somehow fooled Leia, even Luke. But he?d been practicing his sabacc face since he could count cards, so it really wasn?t that hard. On the inside, though, he?d been a myriad of conflicting emotions. Confused every time Leia?s mood swings kicked in; eager to please when she got a craving in the middle of the night and sent him out for a new packet of hot chocolate; hopeful at every doctor?s visit, every time Luke looked at Leia?s bulging tummy and smiled with good news; confused again, every time Leia started talking to her stomach. But mostly he was anxious, anticipating the arrival two very small but life-altering Jedi babies.

Anakin Skywalker, Leia?s father, really didn?t help matters. He kept telling Han these horror stories, how Leia?s mother had died in childbirth, and how Anakin had been having visions of it all along.

?But you?re not having visions of Leia dying, right?? Han asked, panicky. He might have fooled Leia and Luke, but somehow Anakin seemed to key into his fatal emotions, which he tried so hard to cover up, and preyed on them.

They already had that karking Imperial Grand Admiral on their tail night and day, night and day. He really did not need to be worrying about Leia in the delivery room.

?Relaaax,? Anakin said. ?It was all my fault, anyway. We just need to be calm, and everything will be fine.?

Han would have to take his word for it. Maybe a Jedi could keep calm, but not Han Solo. His only calming thought was that, until the time came to pop out the twins, Chewbacca would be there to protect Leia and their unborn children. But that wasn?t good enough for Anakin Skywalker.

He commed Han and Leia to come see him at Luke?s quarters. Chewie came along, too, since it seemed they always needed extra security these days. Luke had disappeared, but the kid was always disappearing, Han wasn?t that worried. Of course, he sometimes had his doubts as to whether Luke was the most reliable person to rebuild the Jedi Order, what with his frequent vanishing acts, and most of the time that Luke was actually around he just spaced out.

Yes, Han definitely had his doubts.

Anakin was waiting for them at his usual place on Luke?s blue couch, his hands in his lap. Leia went over to him worriedly, a definite improvement in the past year, in Han?s opinion. Initially, Han hadn?t been so enamored with Leia?s father either, for several perfectly logical reasons.

a) He was Leia?s father. Han had always known he wasn?t good enough for Leia, and he didn?t need her old man telling him so.

b) He was Leia?s father, and formerly Darth Vader, the Man Who Had Imprisoned Han Solo in Carbonate. The man could kill without touching you, and he had an overprotective streak as long as a Superstar Destroyer. That just seemed like a bad combination to Han.

c) He kept calling the Falcon The Hunk of Shavit That Belongs in a Tatooine Dump. That really rubbed Han the wrong way.

d) Anakin Skywalker seemed to be under the impression that he could out fly Han. They had never tried to test this claim, but Han knew, Force be damned, who would win. Nobody beats Han Solo, Chewbacca, and the Millennium Falcon. Nobody.

and

e) He made Leia unhappy.

But since the whole Hapes incident, Han had managed to get over his distaste. For one thing, Luke trusted him, and Han trusted Luke. Besides, it was obvious that Anakin loved?adored?Leia. Leia just needed to come around, forgive him, and accept that love. And Anakin had decided he?d rather have Han for a son-in-law than Isolder, so Han let bygones be bygones. If he could tell that Isolder was no good for Leia, then he wasn?t that bad.

?Dad?? Leia asked, sitting beside Anakin. ?What?s wrong??

?I want to discuss your security,? Anakin said without preamble. ?What have you got in mind for the twins? protection??

Leia g

10. whateveritis12

whateveritis12 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 29, 2008
    Very good, though I'm hoping for the Anakin and Mara interactions soon. I'm still inclined to believe that Luke and Mara would've gotten together before HOT if someone was there to tell them to stop being stupid. I'm all for them not getting married until they did in canon (they did lead very active and very different lives) but it'd be better for them to have at least a semi stable relationship before jumping into marriage.

I know you're going to be focusing most on Anakin and Jaina's relationship but up until the Young Jedi Knight series, their interactions, while good, wouldn't be more thrilling than what you can get from Luke, Leia, Han, and the rest.

The chapter was filled with good points and I really enjoyed Anakin and Jaina replaying the run on the Death Star and Jaina just being a overall terror.

11. jaina-Fett

jaina-Fett Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 11, 2008
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Jaina is a handful. [face_devil] I loved how you portrayed the interaction between Anakin and Jaina, and Jaina trying to use Jacen's head as the Death Star was hilarious.

Can't wait for more. And I agree with whateveritis12, it would be cool to see some interaction between Luke and Mara.

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  13. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Wow. Such emotions are carried out throughout these chapters and its amazing. I love the fact you saved Anakin Skywalker and he's a part of the twins life.

I also loved the entire Han/Jaina part where she fell asleep in his arms because...duh she's a daddy's girl. Jaina has poor Han wrapped around her finger already.

[face_laugh] Of course Jaina was the instigator of anything that she managed to get her hands on. I loved both Han's and Anakin POV on this one. Especially him chasing after the twins. And Jacen acting like he did nothing. [face_laugh]

But the most poignant part was Leia telling Anakin Skywalker that she named her son after him.

And the end of the past chapter...

:_| Amazing. Perfectly captured. Cannot wait for more!

14. lost_lauries_grapes

lost_lauries_grapes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2006
    I figured I shouldn't badger you any longer on facebook, so I waited patiently. And you surprise me with an update!

This was great!

15. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Baby Jaina was so cute!!!

It was funny to read about Jaina trying to use Jacen's head as the Death Star. Although I would think that as parents Leia and Han wouldn't show their nearly two year old children footage where over a million people died. But that's just me. It is a nice look into what's to come though in terms of Jaina killing Darth Cadeus.

It sounds like Jaina will have a strong relationship with her grandfather though.

16. whateveritis12

whateveritis12 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 29, 2008
    Any news for the next update?

17. tahiriveilax

tahiriveilax Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2008
    You have got to PM me with an update. I'm loving this [face_love]

Brilliant story :)

18. Brown-Eyed_Girl

Brown-Eyed_Girl Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2009
    Been lurking around this story for a while. I've been enjoying it, but not got round to saying anything. However, I've been reading that authors like to know people are reading their stuff, makes sense really.

So I wanted to say I'm enjoying this and I keep looking to see if you've added the next instalment. Hope to be pleasantly surprised soon.

19. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Please update!

20. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    This is great. Han and Anakin's relationship is interesting to read. Toddler Jaina is too funny. Poor Jacen's head!

=D=

21. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    I hope that we didn't scare you off.

22. PalarasAndhek

PalarasAndhek Jedi Knight

Apr 20, 2010
    I just read this and really enjoy it :D The characterizations are really good and make me eager for more of the story. Add me to the PM list, please!

23. Sticks

Sticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    I don't normally go for the "Anakin survived ROTJ" flavor of AU stories, but I'm officially obsessed with this. Please give us more soon! [face_praying]

24. Jaya_Jag_Ben

Jaya_Jag_Ben Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 5, 2009
    I'm with Sticks on this one.
    Can we please have some more soon! I really like this story!

-JJB

25. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    Sorry, guys! I really haven't been on at all lately! I've been at school, and working on my novel about the prince of the American Empire - don't ask - and now I'm studying in Prague! But I actually have quite a few chapters of this written, so I'll try to start posting again.

How about this: since it's been so long, let's start the PM list over. Let me know if you want a PM, you know the drill.