main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Improvise - Han and Leia - romance - vignette

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Apr 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Title: Improvise
    Author: VaderLVR64
    Characters: Han, Leia

Improvise

?Dance with me.?

Leia looked up in surprise to see Han standing there, a crooked smile on his face and one hand extended out toward her invitingly.

?What?? she asked in a dazed voice. Blinking up at him, she found herself wanting to return that smile. Ruthlessly, she quelled the impulse.

Han Solo confused her, made her desire things she didn?t want to desire. Around Han it was easy to forget that she was a woman with obligations that could not be easily set aside. She had more important things to worry about than a handsome smuggler. She didn?t have time for a person life. And besides ?

Oh hell, did he have to look so damned good?

?Dance with me,? he repeated in a husky whisper. He wriggled his fingers and winked at her. He looked entirely too sure of himself.

?Why?? Her voice was suspicious, her gaze narrow.

?Because I want to dance,? he answered as if it was the most obvious thing in the galaxy.

?There?s no music,? she pointed out reasonably.

?Is that all that?s bothering you?? Han asked with a shrug of his broad shoulders. ?We could improvise,? he suggested.

She merely scowled at him. He?s not nearly as charming as he thinks he is, she told herself sternly.

?All right then,? he murmured, then reached into his pocket and pulled out a tiny control and pressed a button. Immediately, the soft strains of a jizz tune filled the small galley. ?See? All fixed.? He gave her a gallant bow. ?Music for your listening pleasure, your highnessness.?

?I?m eating,? Leia protested, waving her hand at the small table in front of her.

?You?re almost done,? Han corrected.

Leia looked down at her plate mutinously, prepared to make the few remaining bites last hours if she had to. That would show him. Then, despite all of her good and noble intentions, she found her hand reaching for his and she slid out from her seat. Damn. What just happened here?

Han folded her into his embrace with his usual effortless grace and then moved them into the first steps of whatever dance he had chosen. She followed him without thinking. She was tired of thinking.

Leia rested her head on his chest, not really paying attention to the music or their movement. Instead, she found herself listening intently to the sound of Han?s heart beneath her, measuring each solid thump of it in time with her own pulse.

Gods help me, she thought. He smells as good as he looks.

The first tune ended and a faster one took its place, but Han?s slow, easy steps never faltered or changed. Briefly, she considered pushing away from him and going to her cabin. The effort, however, seemed beyond her and she let herself float away on the warm sensation of being next to him.

One of his hands moved from its more appropriate position at her waist to gently cradle the small of her back. It felt so good, so right that she did not even scold him for his boldness. It?s nothing really, she assured herself.

With a contented sigh, she moved her hands from his shoulders and wrapped her arms around his lean waist. Han shifted slightly, adjusting their positions so that they were more comfortable. Again, Leia thought about ending the ridiculous dance, but in the end she thought, What?s the harm, really? It?s just a dance.

Yet another tune started up, a slower beat this time, one that fit perfectly with the leisurely rhythm he had set. She felt his fingers brush against her jaw and then lightly grasp her chin, urging her face up. Bemused, she merely stared at him, watched as his lips got closer to hers.

Somehow, even though she meant to slip away before he made contact (just who did he think he was anyway?), his mouth was covering hers and she heard one of them draw in a sharp breath. His kiss was soft, almost hesitant, as if he sensed her skittishness.

It was his gentleness that was her undoing. The hand on her back began a languorous circular motion and she was

2. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    *sighs contentedly* Just beautiful. [face_love] [face_love]

3. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Ah... So lovely and romantic! [face_love]

4. verybusy

verybusy Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 18, 2006
    I am addicted to your H/L romance by now...[face_love]

Even as she told herself she really should leave, she stood on her toes and pressed her lips to the leaping pulse of his throat. Han groaned and his arms tightened around her. ?Ah?Leia?? he breathed. His voice was husky and broken and it was his very lack of control that emboldened her.

With a sultry smile, she kissed up the strong length of his throat and nibbled at his ear. He shuddered and took a deep breath, searching for the same calm she had so desperately wanted just moments ago.

But if she couldn?t have it, then neither could he.

This is reflecting their dynamics perfectly. ;) Exactly the kind of romance I want to readin the morning....and it is Leia at her best.

=D= =D=

cheers,

Verybusy

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    MMMM! Toasty!!! [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]
    Whee!!! You're officially one of my mush O:) now. :D [:D] Ah!!!
    I'm loving it! =D=

6. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    (has become a fuzzy mush pile)

Great story for a foggy monday morning! :D

Ahem.... Isn't this in the wrong era? [face_worried]

7. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I struggled with what era to put it in. They don't seem to have been intimate with each other yet in ESB. Han's been out of action for most of ROTJ and there really wasn't time between his rescue and defeating the Empire. Yet, by Truce at Bakura (which starts the next day) it seems they might have been. Very confusing. So I just thought maybe they had not yet QUITE had time to act on their feelings but were sort of dancing around the subject.

It just seemed they were more likely to become intimate AFTER ROTJ than before, especially given her conflicted feelings about Luke (and not knowing he was her brother). I can't picture Leia as the type to give her body to one man while still trying to decide how she felt about another. She loved Han yes, but ready to make him her lover? I wasn't sure she'd be ready until after ROTJ. But that's just MY interpretation. :p

8. EmpressJade

EmpressJade Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 9, 2005
    Ah, that was beautifully written and a romantic insight to the Solo couple V!
    [face_love] [face_love]
    A lovely setting for a dreamy vignette!O:):D

Han folded her into his embrace with his usual effortless grace and then moved them into the first steps of whatever dance he had chosen. She followed him without thinking. She was tired of thinking.

Leia rested her head on his chest, not really paying attention to the music or their movement. Instead, she found herself listening intently to the sound of Han?s heart beneath her, measuring each solid thump of it in time with her own pulse.

Gods help me, she thought. He smells as good as he looks.

Excellent job with captivating Han and Leia as a loving couple.=D=

9. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    [face_love]lovely. I like such vignettes :)

10. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005

Hm... Ok! As I said... Foggy monday morning... :D :rolleyes:

11. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
  12. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    That was great. I loved how they were moving to music and yet their bodies were making their onw music. Loved that Han actually asked if she was sure. What a guy! Romantic and very sensual.

Great job. Loved it.

13. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006
    [face_blush] I need a cold shower.

14. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    That was sheer perfection

[face_love][face_love][face_love][face_love]

Absolutely beautiful

=D==D==D==D=

15. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    that was a really good fic. :)

16. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    That was wonderful, and sweet. I love Leia taking control at the end. It figures that she would want him to lose as much control as she did, and she gives as good as she gets!

17. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    Lovely work, as always. =D= Thanks for sharing.

18. DarthGIR

DarthGIR Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2007
    Very nice story, but why would post-"I love you" Leia be so unwilling to dance with the man she loves?

19. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Gina I know, you're a mushaholic just like me! :D

PonyTricks Thank you! [:D]

verybusyThey're such great characters to write! They make me smile while I type! :p

Jade_eyes Thank you! [face_blush] I love a little mush!

Golden_Jedi No, I think it belongs here for several reasons. And I figure it can't have been all settled between them if she even considered marrying Isolder! :eek: And I have foggy mornings EVERY morning! 8-}

EmpressJade I'm glad you liked it!

morrison85 Thanks for reading! :D

Blue_Milkshake Me too! [face_shhh]

dianethx Thank you so much for reading! That always makes my day!

Darth_Marrs I hope that's a good thing. [face_thinking]

KELIA Aw, thank you! :D

Alishu06 Thanks! [:D]

dm1 It just seemed how Leia would react. ;)

Knight_Aragorn Thank YOU for reading!

DarthGIR I don't think saying I love you means everything works out immediately. Sometimes it just complicates things for a while. And if it had all been settled, Isolder wouldn't have even been a blip on the radar! Leia would have already been married. But it seemed they kept dancing around the issue and I think a scene like this is possible. :) Thanks for reading!

20. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    Wow, this was great! I really like the way you portrayed their post-Endor relationship--not easy, because nothing with Han and Leia is ever easy. I could really see them heading eventually into The Courtship of Princess Leia. And your characterization was great--Leia's impatience with herself and desire to stop thinking, Han's insistence and slight vulnerabililty.

With a sigh of longing, his fingers trembling, he did just that.

She held out her hand, mirroring the invitation he had given her.

?There?s no music,? he quipped in a low voice.

Laughing, Leia kissed him. ?Improvise.?

?I?ve got a pretty vivid imagination,? he warned her.

So do I.

?I?m counting on it,? she replied and opened her arms.

Great ending! Perfect! :)

21. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003

With a sigh of longing, his fingers trembling, he did just that.

She held out her hand, mirroring the invitation he had given her.

?There?s no music,? he quipped in a low voice.

Laughing, Leia kissed him. ?Improvise.?

?I?ve got a pretty vivid imagination,? he warned her.

So do I.

?I?m counting on it,? she replied and opened her arms.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww [face_love] I just love Han/Leia mush :)

22. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    I was startled by this vig, I have to confess, only because it didn't seem to be quite "on" at first. Then I read your response to Darth GIR up there, and putting it in perspective of events taking place within the EU, then this vig actually does fit perfectly. And echoing what Sakkura said, it does act as a logical bridge piece heading towards COPL. Your vig works, and you do to provide *some* logic to the illogical state of the Solo/Organa relationship as written by the masochists of the EU.

And I do agree they waited till after ROTJ for the vaunted "first time". That part makes sense without any complications.

Overall, this is lovely (as usual for you). :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.