main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

IMPS The Relentess Teaser Online (formerly TROOPS 2)

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Azeem, Mar 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IMPSTheRelentless

IMPSTheRelentless Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2005
    Thanks Fig. How are your various projects going? Coming out to LA again any time soon?

2. Vidina

Vidina Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2006
    Just saw this film a couple of days ago, and may I say DAMN!!!! that's seriously nice cg and music! the story didn't bother me so much, as it didn't stay true to the star wars scene, but everything else was really mindblowing! keep it up blacksheep and give us more chapters!

3. FruityTooty

FruityTooty Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2005
    Coming along well, got a short film coming up I've been focusing on, and effects stuff for Return of Pink Five. I usually make it out to LA a time or two a year, for various reasons, so it's conceivable that I'll be out thataway sometime soon.

4. Tiko

Tiko Jedi Youngling

Mar 19, 2006
    I know it's been asked probably a thousand times (and I respect you guys for keeping your calm each time it's asked, I wouldn't be able to) but...

Whats the status on Chapter 2? What needs to be done, exactly? What has been done?

I don't want to sound impatient...and maybe for future chapters, you could do a production blog of some type?

The ever impatient, yet doesn't want to be, Tiko

5. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    I saw this yesterday and figured I'd pass it along to those who are wondering but don't get the newsletter. This is an update from the official IMPS website:

03.25.2006:

IMPS The Relentless is wrapping up post production for Chapter 2. Voice-over recording has just been completed and final renders are in the works. We will be tying in the effects, editing the dialogue, and after this is finished, the chapter is slated for music and then a final mix down. There is no tentative date for actual release at this time but we'll let everyone know when the time gets closer. We will release Chapter 2 artwork, production stills, etc. with other tid-bits a couple weeks before release!

In the meantime, there are some updates to the site. You can check out additions to the General FAQ. Also added is some Technical Q&A (for those having issues with downloading and viewing the chapter) along with the release of Chapter 1 FAQ.
    Thanks to everyone who sent in questions. We will add more as they come in.

Blacksheep Productions Team.

6. durbnpoisn

durbnpoisn TFN Staff Cast & Crew Database star 5 VIP

May 20, 2002
    I'm sorry but, this is just laughable. What's it been a year since they said "a new chapter every few months", or something?

I dunno... Whatever... The only guy from the team that posts here is the guy who does the music. And he's areally cool dude. And, really, I don't mean anything personal by any of this anyway... But these guys basically hijacked the "Troops" name, released something mediocre, with tremendous specialFX, no story that was worth anything really... And it seems that much of the fan film community has fallen for it.

On top of that, when I spoke up about the CODEC being a real problem in viewing the file, instead of releasing a more universal format, they told me I needed to upgrade my system. Right... That's the right way to do a film release. Make people modify their systems to suit the producers lack of releasing a universal format.

For me... I couldn't care less when the next chapter is released. I'm quite sure I won't be watching it anyway.

7. CountDoosheee

CountDoosheee Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 15, 2002
    Hahaha, that sounds bitter.
    I mean, I happen to agree that IMPS was nothing special in any area other than FX. And it frustrates me that something I think isn't so great, gets such massive coverage... especially next to the pindrops that have been the two things I've put on the internet.

But oh well.

8. Zarm_Rkeeg

Zarm_Rkeeg Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2003
    Massive coverage?!?!? Dude, IMPS was ROBBED all over the place in the fan film awards because of the incredibly-hyped Revelations and Movie Spoof 2- even though IMPS effects were probably the best of the group! So I don't know how you can look at those films and claim IMPS has undeserved 'massive coverage!'

Anyway, you got to admit, that narrator was pretty awesome, too...

9. durbnpoisn

May 20, 2002
    Yeah, well, when you get one of the best known trailer voices to work on your film, he's gonna sound good. Industry professionals do tend to raise the bar just a little bit.

Anyway... No one denies that the FX were realy awesome. But, if we've learned nothing from the PT, awesome FX do not a movie make.

10. CountDoosheee

Dec 15, 2002
    Hahaha, I meant it purely in comparitive terms dude. For instance, a movie that I put up had 50 downloads. A ytmnd I made had 500 views. IMPS had substantially more... to you, IMPS audience might be chump change but it's a little bigger than what I'm used to. :D

11. Zarm_Rkeeg

Jan 9, 2003
    It could be worse- I got approximately 2 downloads, and RocketGirl said I had the dorkiest beard in the world... :rolleyes:

12. FruityTooty

Aug 29, 2005
    Well, you might just suck.

13. CountDoosheee

Dec 15, 2002
    *You* might just suck! In fact I have it on good authority!

14. durbnpoisn

May 20, 2002
    Is there some internet law like Godwin's Law*, that says a thread is over once it degrades to people making insulting "you're gay" cracks at one another?

*Godwin's Law states that once you mention Hitler or Nazis in a thread, it's pretty much over.

15. HSJFILM

HSJFILM Jedi Master star 2

Jul 6, 2005
    wasn't goodwins law that it is inevitable that a discussion gets compared to the nazis? As in: A discussion, after a while it WILL have a comparison to the nazis. I thought that was it..

could be wrong though.

16. durbnpoisn

May 20, 2002
    If you believe Wikipedia, then I was correct.

EDIT: also, I spelled it wrong and have now corrected my original post.

17. HSJFILM

Jul 6, 2005
    then so you were :) And everyone makes mistakes ;)

18. FruityTooty

Aug 29, 2005
    I do suck. I'm not the one comparing myself to IMPS.

19. durbnpoisn

May 20, 2002
    Okay... Well... You told me I was wrong, even though you weren't sure. I showed you I was not wrong. There is no need to be snippy about anything.

I hereby declare this thread:
    [image=http://www.durbnpoisn.com/images/faces/IGN-trainwreck.gif]

20. HSJFILM

Jul 6, 2005
    I wasn't being snippy, I admitted my mistake and told you I was wrong. probably lost in translation or something (not from america or england, so I may make mistakes in grammar)

21. Zarm_Rkeeg

Jan 9, 2003
    Durbnpoisn, of course the thread is a train wreck... you mentioned Hitler! It turned into some sort of self-fulfilling Goodwin's Law! ;)

22. durbnpoisn

May 20, 2002
    Mentioning it as a reference to an established law is not the same as using it as a corner stone of an argument. But, you're right. In some way, shape, or form, I invoked Godwin's law and effectively blew up the thread.

23. CountDoosheee

Dec 15, 2002
    Say WWHHHHAAAAT?????

I said they had a bigger audience, I never said I was better.

But when you watch a movie, don't you sometimes say "I wouldn't have done that thing there?". I see no distinction between doing that during a real movie or one that gets seen on the internet.

And how good was it, really? An *excellent* opening shot and Optimus Prime. Yay.
    All I was getting at is that I envied them their exposure, but since you've brought it up - how is it a crime for anyone on this forum to compare themselves to the IMPS people? I find this laughable - we all have to start somewhere, and just because they've got someone onside who knows a hell of a lot about CGI does not make them any more an auteur than anyone else. I think you've placed them on too high a pedestal if it's a case of "don't compare yourself to IMPS".

24. durbnpoisn

May 20, 2002
    Most of the crew are industry professionals. So, actually, there is NO comparison at all. They have an unfair advantage compared to the likes of those who created Revelations. And therefore, the DO have to match up to a higher standard.

My biggest contention, regardless of the final outcome, was that they rode the coattails of the most famous fan film of all, in order to gain an audience. Look at the title of this thread, if you don't believe that statement.

25. DarthBane77

DarthBane77 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2003
    IMPS is a joke. Count me in the crowd who doesn't care if the second episode is ever released.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.