main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

IMPS: The Relentless

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Shim13, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Shim13

Shim13 Jedi Knight

Jan 19, 2013
    Hey everyone,

I'm new to theforce.net, surprisingly enough, and I wanted to post up a Fan Series that I've been a part of just recently. It may of been posted on here before, but with over 900 thread pages its kind of hard to dig through all that.
    For those of you that don't know about this series, its about a Imperial carrier group that patrols through outer systems. Almost like a mockumentary. And for those of you that know of this show, it has been out for quite a while with insanely long periods between episodes. Only 2 chapters are out as of now, but I can say for a fact that we have things together, and chapter 3 is due this spring.

I'm also putting this up to help spread the word that we are trying to raise money through donations to help get the last episodes out in a timely manner. A.K.A. 5 months for an episode instead of close to 4 years. If you would like to help us out with this, please visit IMPS VFX Funding Campaign and check out the pitch video and cool perks for donations. Even the minimum donation will go a long way.

CH: 1

CH: 2

Check the website for update News, production pics, and behind the scenes. You can also download the chapters there.

2. Dags

Dags Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 3, 2000
    It's probably a shame that this has taken so long because if the 5 month timeframe between eps had've occurred a few years ago you probably would've had a bigger and more appreciative audience because there's no denying that the Fan Film fraternity these days isn't anywhere near as active as it was then.

I also thought it was funny that when ep 2 was released fans on this forum automatically asked "when's the next one coming out?" without even taking the time to appreciate what it had taken to make ep 2.

I think it's admirable that you guys are still sticking with this even though you must feel that the "fire has gone out of the universe" as far as Fan Films go. If I was you I'd look at releasing ep 3 since it's close to completion then start moving onto original projects.

Who knows, maybe a brand new breed of Fan Films will kick off in a few years time with the release of the ST ... assuming Disney allows them to be posted online.

3. Altureus

Altureus Jedi Knight

Jan 6, 2011
    I agree with Dags, there's not much going on in the world of Star Wars fan films these days. I mean there's what? Threads of Destiny, Versus 2, Armies of the Fallen, and Dark Resurrection 2.
    I've always liked the idea of I.M.P.S. The Relentless, but I thought that the first episode kind of threw me off because I thought it was going to be more serious. I guess it is like the spiritual successor to Troops though. I liked the second episode a lot more.
    Really the only thing keeping any sort of fan film alive these days, I feel is the Lightsaber Choreography Competition. Hopefully once the new movies come around, that will spark some new fire to breathe life into the hobby again. :)

4. Shim13

Shim13 Jedi Knight

Jan 19, 2013
    Sadly I would have to agree with you guys. Fan Films have definitely dropped off considerably. Only thing left is what's made for the Fan Challenge at the Celebrations and the choreography like you said. I guess you can consider the creators of this to be the Kenobis of the old style fan flicks/ parodies. Something other than just a lightsaber duel (granted, some of those are really well done) or one that's about random old republic Jedi. (once again some are done very well)

In reply to Dags: yes, it might be best to release 3 and go on to other things, but I can say that this show has been these guys lives (can't say we for that, as I've only been with them for about 6 months) for the past decade. With all the effort and sweat put into this, I would want to finish it, even if its just on principle. Plus considering they have all the live action shot, would be a considerable waste not to put it out.

I can definitely say that the upcoming chapters are going to be quite a site. Very VFX heavy. Hence the need for me and Pete (main VFX guy) to work on this full time, otherwise it'll be another long wait for Ch 4 and on. Speaking of which, only 3 days left till the end of our first Funding Campaign. We would love to hit at least $10,000. So close to that goal.

And when Ch 3 releases, I shall be sure to post it here :)