main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends In Another's Footsteps - (Qui/Obi, JA) *Updated 6/30*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kadi, Jun 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seven

Seven Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2000
    Another great update!

Obi scoulding Qui though, that was wonderful.

And the council better not be anything dangerous for Obi, or Qui. Dang them.

~growls~

More please.

Seven

2. ithesock

ithesock Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2005
    Oy! Is the Council going to do what I think they're going to do??? [and exactly what am I thinking??]

Obi waking up with a hypo descending on him is a nice touch. :D . He's more composed than I am - I'd have yelled the place down, I think. And poor Qui...internal bleeding??!! :eek:

Nice work, Kadi-Wan. Hope to see more. :)

3. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    another great chapter :)

4. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Obi-Wan sure is composed when he wakes up! I would've freaked out :p He forgot to take care of himself, worrying about Qui-Gon, just like him to do that. Hee hee, rumors rampant in the temple. And Obi just being knocked out again instead of telling him what to do. [face_laugh]

Oh man, hope the COuncil doesn't just send Obi and Qui to find Bel-Rog, but thats what it sounds like. :(

Love the conversation between Obi and Qui! especially Obi scolding Qui. Obi's always taking the blame for everything too. :(

Great post! :D

5. JEDI-KNIGHTS_R_L

JEDI-KNIGHTS_R_L Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2004
    Just found this stroy and think that its amazing. please keep up the great stroy. I can't wait for more.

6. Kadi

Kadi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2004
    Layren - You might want to save your hugs and kisses for after this chapter.

Kynstar - Well, that's the Council for you.

jeday - That was one of my favorite lines to write. :D Here's more!

LilQui-Gon - Happy Camper = New post. :D :D :D

Jedi Obi-Wan - Here's an end to some of your intrigue. ;)

Bastet - Lol. Trouble is coming up. Alot of it. ;)

Seven - If Qui and Obi stayed safe all the time, where would we get our stories? :D

ithesock - And exactly what you are thinking? (If your thinking what I'm thinking, you'd be correct. ;) Lol.)

PadawanKitara - Thanks! :)

Jedi_Tigris - Well, after 7 years as Qui-Gon's apprentice, they've learned how to deal with Obi-Wan. Lol.

JEDI-KNIGHTS_R_L - Welcome. I'm glad you found this. :)

Here's the next update. Just a warning, I cannot write fight scenes. :p

Chapter 4

A week earlier

Perat. Why Qui-Gon had chosen this planet for their retreat had Obi-Wan completely baffled. It possessed plenty of forests and fields, but Alderaan or Naboo could easily overshadow its beauty. It was peaceful enough, but so were many planets in the galaxy. The Padawan spent the two days in hyperspace trying to grasp what he was obviously missing. At first, he subtly questioned his Master about the planet, hoping to glean some hint. Qui-Gon?s eyes had twinkled with amusement as he calmly repeated the information from the Archives?everything Obi-Wan had already memorized. Finally, he had asked his Master outright. ?Why not, Padawan?? was the reply. A smile appeared on Qui-Gon?s face this time. The simple question had left him stumped. Technically there weren?t any reasons to not visit Perat. But, in his eyes, there weren?t any reasons to visit Perat either.

?Obi-Wan?? The Padawan looked up to find his Master looking down at him in amusement.

?Yes Master?? Obi-Wan asked, embarrassed at his loss of focus.

?You?re troubled.? Qui-Gon commented as they crossed a bridge, which safely carried them over the noonday traffic. His blue eyes danced with mirth.

?Not troubled, exactly.? Obi-Wan glanced up, noticing his Master?s silent laughter. ?You are enjoying this.? The charge would have held more weight if he?d kept his stoicism. However, Qui-Gon?s good mood filtering over the bond made him grin in spite of himself. As field Jedi, especially since he?d attained the rank of Senior Padawan, their life allowed little time for lighthearted moments such as this.

?I?m afraid I am.? Qui-Gon chuckled, eyes appreciatively surveying the scenery before them. Most of the buildings resembled the primitive buildings of old, built from mud bricks. Interspersed around the red structures were assorted trees and flowers. A multitude of scents filled the air, ranging from baked goods to blooming flowers. Obi-Wan had to admit Perat was beautiful in its own way.

?Isn?t it against the code to torture one?s Padawan??

?Who said anything about torture, Obi-Wan? Remember, there is a lesson to be learned in everything.? The Jedi moved to the side of the bridge, waiting as a school group passed by. The younglings of every shape and size laughed and shouted as they watched the various speeders and shuttles passing underfoot. They all seemed to appreciate time away from the classroom. A rather harried looking teacher chased after them, eyes constantly counting the young ones in her charge.

?Precisely what is this lesson, Master?? Obi-Wan asked, once the way was clear. They descended the bridge into the main shopping district of the city, which also held the name Perat. ?And please do not say patience.?

?I will do what I must, impatient Padawan of mine.? Qui-Gon laughed as he guided the young man into a nearby diner. ?Ah, here we are.?

Obi-Wan looked around the hole-in-the-wall skeptically as they sat down in one of the vacant booths. Once they were seated, he fixed his Master with a curious look.

Qui-Gon seemed completely oblivious as a waitress droid wheeled over to

7. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Eeek! :eek: Great flashback! I'm glad we're starting to find out what happened on their retreat. Now I'm curious, why did Qui pick that planet? And that Bel-rog person is evil, drugging and hurting my precious Jedi! Grrr. [face_frustrated]
    Can't wait for more!

8. Seven

Jul 20, 2000
    ~mouth falls open in shock~

That was wonderful!

~giggles~

And Obi-Wan being dragged across the galaxy for a certain meal!

That was wonderful!!

More soon please!

Seven

PS. Hi Master!

9. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    If the Council's thinking what I'm thinking its thinking...eh. :) But I'm fairly sure I know.

Ow. Obi and Qui's meals are drugged!

The fight-scene was well done. Loved the idea of Qui twirling his sabre, a la Dook. :). Argh, what a place to leave us at. Cliffie!!!

<teaches K a cliffie-dance>

More soon??

PS: Hello, little One. Assuming it was I-me-I..eh, that you were talking to. :)

10. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
  11. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Poor Qui-Gon... so much for enjoying his steak!

Oh man! Drugged them too? :( poor guys... And Qui kept telling Obi to leave but he wouldn't! How loyal! [face_love] So sweet!

Great flashback indeed!

12. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Bad padawan! you neglected to tell me you updated!!

This was wonderful! The fight scene was so well done and poor Qui.. all he wanted was a good steak... I can sympathize :p

Poor guy.. he needs a hug... [face_worried] I have the feeling this is only the beginning...

13. Jedi_Tigris

Mar 7, 2005
    I feel like I'm repeating, but...

LOL at Qui going for the steak! And not confirming or denying Obi's accusations. [face_laugh] He's definitely having too much fun teasing Obi. :)

I'm glad we're finding out what happened that day. Being drugged through their food, they were enjoying it so much too! Poor Obi and Qui :( Aww, Obi is so devoted, refusing to leave Qui! [face_love]

14. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    I just found this story, and I must say, it's wondeful, Kadi. So sweet and well written! I am now a loyal fan.

15. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    oh no- cliffie time again!

16. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Wow, action packed flashback there! And another cliffie!! *sobs* Awesome work, more soon!!

17. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jedi Obi-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2000
    Awesomeness!! I especially loved the bit about it being against the code to torture one's padawan. [face_laugh]

That was an evil cliffie... ;)

18. Obi_Kenobi_Devotee

Obi_Kenobi_Devotee Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2004
    That's it, I'm never eating meat again. lol Great post. Now I'm curious!

19. Kadi

Mar 24, 2004
    Bastet - Now I'm curious, why did Qui pick that planet? You'll find out later... ;)

Seven - And Obi-Wan being dragged across the galaxy for a certain meal! That was wonderful!! Thank you. :D I almost made Dex the owner...but then that led to a whole different plot bunny. Lol.

Princess_Arulmozhi - Or should I say ithesock? [face_thinking] Lol. If the Council's thinking what I'm thinking its thinking...eh. If you're thinking what I'm thinking the Council is thinking, then you most definitely know. ;) Lol. *Does cliffie-dance*

LilQui-Gon - Whoa! :D That's the reaction I was hoping for.

Kynstar - Great flashback indeed! Thank you! [:D]

Layren - [face_whistling] Sorry Master. I have the feeling this is only the beginning... :D You would be correct.

Jedi_Tigris - He's definitely having too much fun teasing Obi. Who doesn't? [face_laugh]

-Darksaber- - I am now a loyal fan. [face_dancing] Yay! I have a loyal fan. :D [:D]

PadawanKitara - oh no- cliffie time again! I really didn't think that a flashback would be taken as a cliffie. [face_thinking] Guess I was wrong. Lol. :)

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi - Thank you. :D

Jedi Obi-Wan - That was an evil cliffie... [face_worried] Sorry, didn't mean to be evil...ok, well maybe a little. [face_devil]

Obi_Kenobi_Devotee - That's it, I'm never eating meat again. Lol. Not exactly the reaction I was expecting. [face_laugh]

Sorry, I don't have a new post yet. This past week has been ridiculously full, so I haven't had a chance to write. I'm hoping to write and post the next chapter tomorrow, but if not, it'll be up at the beginning of next week. I'll have my life back then. [face_peace]

20. Kadi

Mar 24, 2004
    Here you go...

Chapter 5

Peaceful oblivion was harshly replaced by pain-filled consciousness with a sharp pinprick to the neck. Qui-Gon?s eyes peeled open, still slightly drugged. It took several moments for his eyes to focus, and then for what he was seeing to register. The room was small and smelled faintly of sweat and?something that he couldn?t quite place. His wrists and ankles were attached to the wall opposite the door. Raucous sounds came from above. Several beings filled the room before them, glowsticks on their belts adding to the light that filtered in through the door. What had happened? He couldn?t remember. One of the beings approached him again, and harshly gripped his face. Fingers roughly opened one half-closed, blue eye.

?Give him another dose. He?s still under.? The voice sounded familiar. The hand fell away, and was soon followed by another sharp prick in his neck. ?That should do it.?

The haze was beginning to fall away. Banta steak?they?d been at the old diner. Then, the ambush?Obi-Wan?

Blue eyes flew open. Obi-Wan! He searched the room, but there was no sign of his Padawan. From the Force, he could only get a faint sense that the boy was unconscious, but basically well. The drug in his system kept him from grasping the Force completely. That, and, from the rather cold sensation in his hands, the binders around his wrists were force-resistant.

?Master Jinn.? The human before him bowed mockingly.

?Bel-Rog.? Qui-Gon replied, forcing a mask of calm onto his face. Obi-Wan was fine, for now. As long as the pirate remained in the room, his Padawan would be safe. Bel-Rog preferred to rely on himself, rather than his crew. Especially when it came to prisoners?they?d learned that all too well during their first encounter.

?Surprised to see me? I warned you I?d be back.? The pirate said, closing the space between them until their faces were only inches apart. Qui-Gon could smell Corellian whisky on the man?s breath. ?I gave fair warning, and by the gods of Arnoth, I can now inflict due punishment.?

The Master did not give any response as he gazed calmly at the pirate. Bel-Rog merely laughed. ?Let?s see how long that Jedi serenity lasts.? A slight motion summoned one of his crew to his side. An instrument traded hands in the shadows. ?Shall we begin??

?He?s waking up.? The voice was muffled and distorted, pulling him from his dreamless sleep. The warm liquid surrounding him tempted him to give up consciousness once again, but his mind was beginning to question. Stormy eyes cracked open, answering the question foremost in his mind.

Bacta. He was in a bacta tank. On the other side of the glass stood a humanoid figure, a healer no doubt. Her bright purple eyes studied him curiously. ?Pull him out.? Metal arms descended into the tank as two droids pulled him out. The breathing apparatus was removed before he was helped to a waiting gurney. Already his body was demanding more sleep, the haze of fatigue beginning to cloud his mind. As he lay down, Obi-Wan instinctively reached across the bond. No doubt the older man was pacing on the other side of the door like usual.

The Padawan sat straight up, drawing protests from both the healer and his own body. His sense of his Master was somewhat obscure, but two things were made clear. Qui-Gon was not in the same place as Obi-Wan, and he was in terrible pain. //Master!// Whether his desperate cry got through, he did not know. Either way, he received no reply.

?Where is my Master?? He demanded of the healer, exhaustion forgotten.

?Who?? The healer questioned, pushing him back down on the gurney.

?Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn.? Obi-Wan?s eyes were cold with worry. He didn?t notice as he was carried to a recovery room.

The healer held his gaze. ?No such person was brought here.? She replied in an annoyingly soothing tone. ?Perhaps security took him in for questioning.? Obi-Wan automatically rejected that idea. No amount of questioning from the local security force could result in the pain coming ac

21. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh so Qui escaped at one time at least? Poor man :(

Loved Obi's determination to get up and find his Master. Yep...them bloody med droids ;) always got something handy!

Great job! :D

22. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    Ahhhhhh! A Postie! I loved the action scene. WHOAH, DUDE!!! :eek:

23. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Whoa, nice job there! Awesome action!

More soon!

24. Seven

Jul 20, 2000
    Again, very nice.

I can't wait for the next one.

Seven

25. Jedi_Tigris

Mar 7, 2005
    Ooh, Qui-Gon got away! I guess he's too weak to go far though. :( Poor Qui!

I love Obi-Wan's determination to find Qui as soon as he found out his master was in trouble. Ah, those healers are so strict. ;)

Nice job! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.