Before In Another's Footsteps - (Qui/Obi, JA) *Updated 6/30*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kadi, Jun 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Qui-Gina-Jinn Force Ghost

star 4
    Yay - Qui-Gon broke free! :D
    But for how long will it last? [face_worried]

Aww, loved how Obi-Wan wanted to find Qui-Gon right away - so typical him, isn't it? :)

More soon, please??
  2. -Darksaber- Jedi Knight

star 3
    Run Quiggy, Run!!!

Qui-Gon is in no shape to be escaping. He should hide out somewhere and recover his strength.
  3. PadawanEstel Force Ghost

star 1
    Poor Obi! :(
    Poor Qui! :_|
    Bad Bel-Rog! :mad: [face_shame_on_you]

Hmmm, though, I wonder why Bel-Rog and Co. let Obi off? [face_thinking]
  4. JediVeloJinn Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hi, Kadi.

I really am not supposed to be here, but I love your fic.

I found the scene where Obi tries to reason with Healer Shay funny.

I think that the only reason why I can read through all the Qui-torture and suspense is because I know that Obi'll break him out alive.

I'll be reading when you post, even if I don't drop a note.

~Velo
  5. Princess_Arulmozhi Force Ghost

star 4
    Ooh, nice work. So Qui escapes...using the Force. Cool. :D

Poor Obi, though. Healers are the same everywhere, aren't they?

Congrats on your nom for Best New Author! :)
  6. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
  7. judsta36 Jedi Padawan

The steak part was cute! Go Qui-Gon, Go!
  8. Jedi Obi-Wan Jedi Master

star 3
    Healers. :rolleyes: :D Run fast, Qui-Gon!!

Awesome post, Kadi!!
  9. Padawan_Anne Jedi Master

star 4
    Great story so far Kadi. :) I like it a lot. [face_peace] Keep writing!
  10. Bastet Jedi Master

star 4
    Ahh! Poor Qui-Gon, hurry, run! And poor Obi, everyone keeps knocking him out, hee hee. :) Can't wait for more!
  11. Kadi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Look! I actually got the next chapter written! [face_dancing]

Sorry it took so long.[face_blush] This post did not want to be written.

Thank you everyone for replying. You're the best. [:D]

Chapter 6

Yet another turn in the corridor brought Qui-Gon to a dead end. The Jedi Master looked at the solid wall in disbelief. How had this happened? His grasp on the Force was tentative, at most, yet how could he misinterpret where the Force was leading so terribly? He leaned heavily against the wall as a wave of dizziness hit him. Even calling on the Force for strength, he wouldn?t be able to make it much longer. Only his stubborn will kept him from collapsing to the ground.

Heavy footsteps echoed down the hall, steadily growing closer. Qui-Gon sighed and closed his eyes. There was nothing to be done, for now. With triumphant shouts, the pirates descended on him. The Jedi did not struggle, choosing instead to save his strength. His injuries, not to mention his complete exhaustion, meant there was little chance for escape. Most likely, he would just aggravate them. Even a Jedi had limits as to how much his body could withstand before giving way.

Bel-Rog?s thugs roughly hauled him back towards his prison. Little in the way came in beatings from them. Any unnecessary damage to him would only anger Bel-Rog. Qui-Gon?s escape had no doubt angered him.

?Not so smug now, are we Master Jedi?? Bel-Rog taunted, his face tight with rage.

Qui-Gon did not reply as he was bound in the center of the room. A rodian locked a Force-suppressing collar around his neck. The room suddenly felt cold and empty. Qui-Gon took a deep breath, fighting the sudden prick of fear. His mind automatically recalled one of Master Yoda?s favorite mantras.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

With some chagrin he reasoned suffering would come, with or without fear.

Bel-Rog turned, his knuckles white from gripping the whip in his hands. ?I just received word from Itel that Ke-Har was executed on this morning.?

Qui-Gon remained silent. For the people of Terahnd to act so quickly was unusual, but, sadly, not unexpected. They?d sought retribution for their loss in the only way they could.

The pirate glanced over his shoulder, his voice calm. ?I know what you?re thinking. My son deserved to die.? He stood silent for several moments. ?You and I both know Terahnd is never hasty in anything. However, recommendation by the Jedi would push their hand.? Bel-Rog turned around, his gaze deadly. ?This is a very unfortunate day. For the both of us.?

The cell door slammed open, bringing some relief in the hell his life had become. Bel-Rog spun around, shouting out at his comrade in Huttese. Somewhat more quietly, the man replied in the same language. The words blurred in Qui-Gon?s ear, keeping him from interpreting it, but whatever was said made Bel-Rog pause. Then, he laughed, before replying. The man disappeared with a grin.

?You?re in luck, Master Jedi. It seems you?ve been granted a reprieve.?

Two beings came through the door, dragging a third between them. Qui-Gon was forced into the bonds on the wall, as the new captive was positioned in the center of the room. His heart stopped when he was finally able to focus on the figure.

?Obi-Wan.? He gasped, his throat hoarse. The boy hung there, bruised and bleeding, both legs broken. ?No.?

Bel-Rog seemed pleased with the sudden change in the Master. He happily started on his newest prisoner. Qui-Gon struggled against the binders, but they held him firmly in place. In the back of his mind, something told him this was wrong. All wrong.

Obi-Wan painfully lifted his head, meeting his Master?s panicked gaze. ?Master, it?s all right. You?re safe.?

What?

?Master.? Obi-Wan repeated. ?Wake up.?

Qui-Gon sat straight up, gasping for breath. He frantically surveyed the room as the nightmare released him. A firm hand gently pushed him back down.

?Master, it?s all right.? The soothing voice of his Padaw
  12. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    This time it is Obi_wan keeping constant vigil. Are we going to learn how he rescued his master?
  13. ithesock Jedi Knight

star 2
    Bravo. A beautiful chapter. I loved the description of Qui's thoughts about suffering coming with or with no fear. And then his nightmares. Ow, powerful. Also loved how obi-Wan took his place in a silent vigil. Lovely.

Great work! [face_love]
  14. Seven Jedi Knight

star 3
    Another great chapter!

Oh, but you can't leave us hanging so! You must give us more!

Seven
  15. Gkilkenny Force Ghost

star 4

I just had to add my name to the list of readers
    and stop lurking.
    Excellent story
    More soon.=D=
  16. -Darksaber- Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oh, Obi-Wan, you're gonna be in trouble...
  17. Layren Force Ghost

star 5
    Yay!!!!!!!!!!!! you finally updated!!!! And what an update!! :eek::eek:

Poor Qui-Gon ... thought that Obi-Wan had suffered the same things he had.. that was excellent!!!
  18. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Awww poor Qui :( Nasty nightmare! And so believable for the guy. Then again dreams can be like that sometimes.

Sweet and loyal Obi! [face_love] Wasn't that so sweet! He's gonna stay with his Master! :D
  19. Padawan_Anne Jedi Master

star 4
    Great post!You almost made me like Qui. :D This is getting very interesting...so keep updating! For the sake of all your pathetic loyal followers who wait on your next post night and day just to get another cliffer. 8-}

Padawan Anne[face_good_luck]
  20. maychorian Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, what a lovely story, Kadi! I just recently caught up--great new post, two. I was a little surprised when Obi-Wan left, but then he came back. [face_love] He's taking his new role as comforter and protector very seriously. What a sweetheart. It was also touching that the worst thing for Qui-Gon was the image of his Padawan suffering the same pain. [face_love] again.

Great job! Keep it up!
  21. Jedi Obi-Wan Jedi Master

star 3
    Absolutely touching!! It was so sweet how Qui-Gon is lying flat on his back and still trying to take care of his apprentice. Brilliant post!!
  22. Jedi_Tigris Force Ghost

star 4
    Poor Qui! That is such a horrible dream, seeing Obi-Wan with his own injuries. :( Its so sweet how he tries to take care of Obi even when he's still recovering. And Obi is so dedicated to Qui, staying by his side. [face_love]
  23. LilQui-Gon Jedi Knight

star 2
    [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] What else could I say?
  24. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Intense once again, more soon!
  25. Sarah_uk Jedi Padawan

Hey, thought I'd stop lurking and let you know how good this story is. More please.

=D=
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.