main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

In brightest day... In Blackest Night... Green Lantern 2010

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Koohii, Mar 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    OK, it's been announced, or at least rumors are flying, that there will be a GL movie released in 2010.
    Who would you like to see cast? Direct?
    Thoughts? Wild speculations?

J'ouvre le débat encore; j'aime beaucoup Green Lantern, et j'espere que le filme sont bien.

2. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    I thought Martin Campbell was named to direct. My choice for Green Lantern would be Nathan Fillion. And for Sinestro, this maybe an out there choice but give Nic Cage a call.

3. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998

Green Lantern has been one of the best comics around since Rebirth. If this is done right, it's Star Wars level of awesome. The trick is to realize that it's in the same genre as Flash Gordan and Star Wars and such, not the same genre as Batman or Spider-Man.

4. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Only internet rumor I could find is that David Borneaz was interested in the part. Who knows if the part is interested in him, however.

5. sith_rhino

sith_rhino Jedi Master star 2

Jul 9, 2007
    Color me guardedly optimistic. Countless comic book movies have been developed, only to fall apart at some point before reaching the theater.

6. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    If it does, at least I have the animated movie to look forward to.

7. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    It's "Blackest Night".

God I hope by a sequel we get a full on GL versus Sinestro Corps War. Also Kyle.

8. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Well, actually it's been changed several times over the years. Check wikipedia. You are correct, in that "Blackest Night" was the original version. Worried about possible racism, it was changed.

9. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Well, according to IMDB, some spikey-haired blondish guy is now rumored to be playing Hal Jordan the test pilot...

Any other contenders?

10. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    If we're not talking John Stewart, Kyle Rayner, Guy Gardner, or Gnort, count me out.

Yes, Gnort.

11. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    It would have been cool if it was chris pine, but i guess it's a bit much being kirk and green lantern.

12. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    Me 2 [face_praying]

13. Jedi Vince

Jedi Vince Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 1999
    In case anyone doubted that Nathan Fillion would be great as Green Lantern, there's an AMAZING fan-made trailer on Youtube.

Find it -- you will NOT be disappointed.

14. Serena-Kenobi

Serena-Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2008
    I found the trailer and instantly favorited it - it's absolutely fantastic. If they made the movie as good as the trailer, I'd definitely go see it. :D

15. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    There seem to be a lot of fan trailers on youtube, but actually it's just the same 3 or 4 over and over and over and over again and again and again...

this one was pretty decent.

16. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
  17. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    I'm not convinced Ryan Reynolds is right for the part, but it looks like it's a done deal. I think he would have made a better Barry Allen/Flash (as he was considered for a while back), with Jared Leto or Nathan Fillion (I almost typed "Malcolm Reynolds" ;)) as Hal Jordan/Green Lantern.

Reynolds is too blonde and too upbeat to play Hal. I can't put my finger on it, but he doesn't feel right.

18. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    First, Wally West was the one that Ryenolds was being considered for. Not Barry Allen. Second, Hal is upbeat. He's just not the eternal optimist that Barry and Clark are.

19. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    I think that he would have made a good Kyle Rainer. As a Hal Jordan, I'm not sold.

Having said that, I'm really excited about the film. The corner of the DCU that belongs to Green Lantern has been awesome lately, and looks to be getting even more awesome with Blackest Night. The only thing sad about Blackest Night is that I really can't see what can come after that'd be a largest threat. I mean, this is bigger than the Anti-Monitor! I imagine that it'll become how they deal with six other Corps running around.

20. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    What the hell? I mean, Ryan is all kinds of awesome, but can he be both Green Lantern AND Deadpool? because, well, he MUST be Deadpool and is already on that movi AFAIK. I'm looking forward to Green Lantern a lot but if Ryan has to choose one or the other, I hope he sticks with the 'Pool.

21. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Why is it so important the Ryan play Deadpool? I'm not so familiar with the character, but doesn't he wear a full-face-mask, underneath which he's hideously disfigured? Why get a handsome leading-man if you have to cover his good looks for the whole movie?

You might as well get Ray Park to wear the costume, and someone else to dub his lines.

22. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    [image=http://www.fancast.com/blogs/files/2009/03/deadpool.jpg]

23. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I'm really not sure that's a good enough reason, but then I'm not a fan. I do hope that whoever they get to play him, the fans don't feel ripped-off like they have for so many comic-to-screen adaptations.

24. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    Great, Reynolds would make a better Wally or Barry than Hal, IMO. He already makes a better Deadpool and a better vampire hunter guy. How many superhero parts does one man merit? He shouldn't have even been considered for the role, IMO.

Maybe the word isn't "upbeat"; I think the word I'm looking for with Reynolds is "snarky". Furthermore, he's cutesy-bootsy and chipmunk-like. He's a terrific romantic lead in various, hilarious romantic comedies of the 2000s. I think I've seen at least three, and loved him in all of them. I have nothing against the guy.

But he ain't Hal Jordan and that's flat.

25. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Personality-wise, he's perfect. Ever since he was the only watchable thing about Blade Trinity, most fans have felt he was absolutely perfect for the role. Likewise, the actor himself is a fan of the character, and has been pushing for the Deadpool movie to be as close to the comics as they can get it- fourth-wall breaking, mask, disfigurement, maybe a team up with Cable- the works. And he has at least some clout to do that.

I mean, how pissed off will fans be if the actor they've wanted to see in the role for more than half a decade is finally cast for it, but they then pull him out of it due to another role? Especially a DC one.

Fans were annoyed when it was rumored Ryan was being considered for The Flash (when it was still being worked on by Blade's Goyer), feeling it likely he could never play both Deadpool and The Flash. Then he gets the Deadpool role to acclaim, and suddenlly we're back at another potential DC/Marvel choice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.