main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

In brightest day... In Blackest Night... Green Lantern 2010

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Koohii, Mar 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    I don't know, I figured the ring would be smart enough to know punching Kronalax into the sun would kill him. But if your right Krona might still come back. The next movie will need to make clear if lethal force is a no-no still.

And I'm pretty sure Paralax isn't dead. Krona got the yellow light and his head became huge, Hammond got the yellow light and his head got big. Sinestro got a yellow ring, so I'm guessing he won't mutate or whatever but may have Paralax influencing him. I'm thinking anyone using the yellow rings will have Paralax influencing them to a degree.

2. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Well, if it helps, only two guardians spoke. One was female and not Scar. Therefore, she was Sayd. And the other one was male and had a ponytail. Ganthet was the only one with that hairstyle, so the assumption is that was Ganthet.:p

3. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Either that or the yellow ring enables Sinestro to exercise some control over Parallax. In the Sinestro Corps War there is no doubt that it's Sinestro that's in control. Not Parallax.

4. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Yeah, I could see them playing with that though. Hal trying to redeem Sinestro because he thinks Paralax is controlling him only for Sinestro to tell him he's the one controlling Paralax.

I took my 7 year old cousin and mom to see Green Lantern today. I figured she'd be fine with it considering half the audience were 5 year olds. She didn't really like Paralax, or Hector, she thought they were scary. But she says she liked it. My mom liked it too.

it's kind of funny how desensitized I've become. A giant cloud monster sucking out your soul just gives me a 'Huh' while it gives my cousin 'AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!'

My sister went with two of her friends a few days ago. They didn't stay for the Sinestro ending scene. Amazingly they were surprised, they didn't know he becomes a villain.

5. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    I took my 5 year old son with me when I saw it. He loved it. We worn GL shirts and rings, and he was running down the theater hall afterwards making ring sound effects. I definitely primed the pump for the last couple years, between First Flight and JL/JLU. He's gone from John Stewart being his favorite to Hal Jordan. He likes Kilowog too, but he calls him "Killa-log." Haha.

I think the kiddies love GL, and that bodes very well for the animated series this fall.

6. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Yeah my aunt came over today and said my cousin loved the movie and talked about it all night. Guess she 'overcame her fears' and all. I really think it was the theater we went to, I mean it was just unreasonably loud, every time there was a deep sound the whole theater would shake made everyone seem like they were shouting. On the bright side I could actually hear the movie score though.

But Green Lantern does seem to be real popular with kids, they were all running around making sound effects to when I walked out saying it was 'THE MOST AWESOME MOVIE EVER!!!!!' So you're right it does bode well for the animated series which should bode well for a sequel. I think once Bruce Timm gets going on the series WB will be able to see how to do a good movie and see what fans like and don't like. After all Nolan having Batman and Bruce Wayne use separate voices was an idea he got from the animated series.

7. Magellan_the_Cat

Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    My guess was that after 12 years of DC cartoons, Bruce Timm needed a break. Which resulted in sucky cartoons for a couple of movies (and the Brave&Bold series).
    Now that he's back, I'm looking forward to the new cartoons, hopefully following the First Flight movie line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.