main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends In Darkness, Bind Them: The Story of Palpatine - FINALLY updated 6/23!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Tim, Mar 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Tim

Darth_Tim Jedi Master star 4

Feb 26, 2002
    Whoa! Danni! Thanks! Glad to see ya here.

-Tim

2. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Is it soon yet? ;)

3. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    *checks on post status* No more yet? You better make it worth the wait! :D I am learning patience, but I'm not quite there yet! More, please!
    --later--

4. Darth_Tim

Feb 26, 2002
    WEll, finally, I updated. Sorry, no Palpatine in this post, but here's some Important Political Stuff (I hope it's not TOO boring)...and yes, I hint at quite a few things, but all will be revealed to you in time...

Also, thanks to tatooinewizard for nominating this story for Pre-Saga in progress in the Awards thread. Sure, this might be a shameless plug, but if you're tired of the notion that pre-saga means "JA stories," if you've had Obi and Qui up to your eyebrows... (no offense to Aun, Suzuran, and Cyn...LOL) out here, consider my humble offering...and yes, you can nominate up to three stories for one category :D

-Tim

?The Supreme Chancellor will see you now,? the Guard captain said, ushering the visitor inside.

Several figures occupied the office of Supreme Chancellor Rogarum. The Republic?s Chief of State, a male human in his mid-sixties, stood from behind his large desk and walked forward to greet his guest.

V?lor Faschan, male human from Teslo IV and emissary from the planet?s Ryshakkan ? Liberation Army ? bowed like a practiced courtesan.

?Your Excellency,? he said.

?Something to drink, Ambassador?? Rogarum offered.

?No, thank you, your Excellency. With your permission, I wish to discuss the business that has brought me here.?

Admiral Sabin, the Republic Navy?s Chief of Staff, and a Devonarian with a nature to match the ferocious-looking visage of his species, spoke angrily. ?You?re lucky to even be allowed an audience, Ambassador. Your impoliteness insults His Excellency?s hospitality!?

Faschan knew the type..typical officer, who believed armed rebellion, no matter what the cause, was nothing more than treason.

Rogarum, not offended, held up a hand to silence Sabin. ?No, Admiral. I?m sure the Ambassador has been patient long enough.? He turned his attention to Faschan. ?Very well. I shall be equally blunt. We cannot intervene in the internal affairs of your planet. We are only empowered to do so in disputes between sovereign stystems, or if the Republic?s Constitution is being violated. Surely you know the situation??

V?lor but down hard on his tongue and forced his fists to unclench. The Royalists had violated every law of their own government and civilization in their desire to crush dissent and retain their own power, at any price. He willed himself to control his fury. To attack the Supreme Chancellor would mean ruin for him ? and his people.

?I am fully aware of the legalities, Your Excellency. I do not ask for a formal alliance or military assistance. I merely wish to bring this destructive conflict to an end.?

?And what is it that you propose, Ambassador??

?An honorable peace. This war is about to spread. Losses are heavy on both sides and the strategic situation remains in a stalemate. The Royalists control the cities and the factories, we the jungles, farmlands, and the resource deposits. There is hardly anyone capable of running the farms, and even if there were, processing the food on a large scale would be near-impossible. Without raw materials, our planet?s factories have sat idle and the workers sent to the front lines. As desperation increases, atrocities have become worse ? on both sides. Even if one side were to prevail, the victor would only succeed in becoming master of a wasteland. Manpower is running low, and it is only a matter of time before allies ? most likely not of a legal nature ? are brought in. Our intelligence reports the Royalists have begun negotiations with pirate forces and even Mandalorian mercenary Generals. Our own leaders will no doubt be doing the same, soon.

?What I propose is for a compromise. Our original goals were to liberate the entire population from the corrupt, avaricious monarchy ? but this is not possible without assistance and much greater bloodshed. However, there is an alternative: the formation of our own independent state.?

He brought out a small holoprojector from his robes and displayed a map of the planet?s sole habitable landmass. A line appeared, roughly divi

5. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Well, I'm impressed - and not bored - and even managing - somehow - to deal with the absence of Obi/Qui/etc.

I seem to recall - back in the dim gloom of my early years (when dinosaurs walked the earth, you know) - that I managed to read a few stories in which no one had ever heard of Obi-Wan Kenobi. :eek:

No kidding, Kiddo - nicely done. A good set up for what is to come, with much foreboding but little disclosure.

Intriguing!

EDIT: And despite my resolution - ATD(after the debacle) - to stay as far away from awards ceremonies as possible - I will still offer my congratulations, on an honor you most definitely deserve - and my assurance that I WILL participate in ONE way; I WILL vote - and you've definitely got mine.

CYN

6. Darth_Leia_6669

Apr 26, 2003
    I didn't find that boring at all. Rather, now I'm interested in seeing how this ties in with the rest of the story. I'm sure that is going to make things very interesting. Thanks for the update, and I'm hoping for more soon!
    --later--

7. tatooinewizard

tatooinewizard Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2003
    Definitely worth the wait. Hoping for more soon.

8. Darth_Tim

Feb 26, 2002
    Thanks all. I intend for the wait next time to be MUCH shorter.

-Tim

9. Darth_Tim

Feb 26, 2002
    Yikes! This sank fast....

-Tim

10. Darth_Tim

Feb 26, 2002
    Hmm...so everyone waits for a new post, I post, and only three people reply...go figure. LOL.

New one is coming along well. The good news (more for my readers than me...hehe) is that I think this story will be longer than I originally thought...there's a lot of stuff going on, and a lot of background to set up.

-Tim

11. Darth_Leia_6669

Apr 26, 2003
    I'm still hanging around. I keep reminding myself to be patient, but I am eagerly awaiting the next post!

--later--

12. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    AHEM!!!!! Where ARE you?

CYN

13. Darth_Tim

Feb 26, 2002
    Gettin' there. There are a few technical details I need to work out regarding everyday life aboard Audacious and some of my OC officers and giving them personalities.

-Tim

14. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    Sorry I wasn't here earlier. The addition was good. :)

15. Darth_Tim

Feb 26, 2002
    Thanks, Mariah!

-Tim

16. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    Hi, just wondering if we'll see any more? :)

17. Darth_Tim

Feb 26, 2002
    Yes, we will. However, this story, the DOTF repost, and Unforgiven make a 3-ring circus for me.
    Plus, I'm still not sure exactly what direction I want to take this in... political thriller, or Stephen King novel...

LOL

-Tim

18. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    Stephen King! Stephen King! Stephen King!

Was I clear about my opinion? ;)

19. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    Hehehe, Well, I'll vote for the Stephen King novel. :D I need something to distract me right now. ;)

20. Darth_Tim

Feb 26, 2002
    Well, the first part of the story will mostly be the political stuff, then it'll be Stephen King, crank-up-Metallica's "Call of Ktulu" on the stereo time... :D

Speaking of King and Lovecraft...how 'bout Palps as Flagg in The Stand...or Cthulu vs. the Vong...

:D

-Tim (in a weird mood today)

21. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    Speaking of King and Lovecraft...how 'bout Palps as Flagg in The Stand...or Cthulu vs. the Vong... That'd be cool.

Once I had a dream that Princess Leia and I were trying to escape Darth Vader, and when we got off of one of the elevators we ran into Randall Flagg.

22. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    Palps is Flagg in a sense. :D Oh, now I'm getting the creeps. Wonder if Palps likes Metallica. ;) Hmmmm, A fan fic with a music score. Could be interesting. It's funny how I was thinking about the "Stand" when I saw all those people streaming out of NY across that bridge because of the blackout.

23. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    Wonder if Palps likes Metallica. I don't know what it is, but every time I hear the song Master of the Puppets I think of him. Just like I think of Vader everytime I hear Black Sabbath's Iron Man.

It's funny how I was thinking about the "Stand" when I saw all those people streaming out of NY across that bridge because of the blackout Me too!

24. Darth_Leia_6669

Apr 26, 2003
    I don't know what it is, but every time I hear the song Master of the Puppets I think of him. Wow TW, at least I'm not the only one! I must say I like the taste in music here!

And Tim, I'm still waiting ever so patiently... :D

--later--

25. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    Wow TW, at least I'm not the only one! I must say I like the taste in music here! Cool, DL, well you know they say great minds think a like ;) , and thanks for complimenting my taste in music!

And Tim, I'm still waiting ever so patiently... Me too, on this and all the other stories as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.