main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

In Defense of Things Beautiful

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Pixel Novastar, Dec 6, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [code][/code]

[code][/code] Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 1999
    This is an excellent angle. Post again soon!

2. Maija Darklighter

Maija Darklighter Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2000
    I'm likeing this story post please!
    Oh by the way I like your name.

3. Pixel Novastar

Pixel Novastar Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 1999
    The Captain of the space freighter Luftschiff stepped down the ramp of his ship onto the docking platform. Glancing at the ship, the bearded old man smiled slightly at the ragged, but dependable, vessel. "Flivar," he called to his first mate. The younger man came running from behind the ship, clutching a datapad under his arm.

?Yes, Captain?? the young man asked, breathless.

?Everything secured yet?? he queried. The boy shook his head.

?Not quite, Captain.? The younger man flinched visibly as his Captain glared at him. ?Some of the? ah?? Flivar looked around nervously and leaned in a bit closed, ?contraband coffee you smuggled in hasn?t been hidden yet,? he finished, glancing around again.

The old Captain laughed. ?All right. Tell your mates to hurry, though. I want to get back into space soon.? He made a grimace of distaste. ?I prefer the ventilated air of the ship to this,? he made a broad gesture with his arm. The younger man nodded quickly and rushed off again.

The Captain put his hands in the pockets of his jacket and rocked back on his heels. He frowned as he saw a young man walking toward him, a pack slung over his shoulder.

?Salutà,? he greeted the young man.

?Salutà,? the stranger replied, saying the word slowly, as though it were strange to him.

?What can I do for you?? the Captain asked impatiently.

?I need transportation off of Coruscant,? the young man said quickly. ?I am prepared to pay??

?Sorry. I don?t take passengers.?

The young man?s shoulders sagged. ?I can pay you?? he began again.

?I said ?I?m sorry?,? the Captain replied more forcefully. ?I don?t take passengers.?

The young man raised his hand as though he were wiping sweat from his eyebrow and said, ?You will take me aboard.?

The Captain shook his head and blinked. ?I?m sorry. Of course I take passengers. Where do you need to go??

?What is your destination??

?I?m making a supply run to an farming planet named Viscinea.?

?I?m going to Viscinea,? the stranger replied, again touching his eyebrow. The Captain nodded.

?Of course you are. Please, come aboard," he said, gesturing at the ramp. The young man thanked him, and stepped aboard.

4. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Back to the farm, Obi-Wan?

Let's have some more!

5. Son of Kenobi

Son of Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 1998
    Zee plot thickenz!

Looking forward to more,

6. Pixel Novastar

Apr 5, 1999
    You guys are all too nice...

Thank you for all the wonderful comments and encouragement! It really means a lot to me.

I'll try to have another post up today (sorry Jane, if you thought this was me making a story post ), but I just wanted to let you know that your comments are appreciated.

Thanks so much,
    - Pixel Novastar

7. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Well, apology accepted...this time. But how on earth did you know that's exactly what I was hoping for?

reads page from top to bottom

Oh.

8. Jedi Speewwy

Jedi Speewwy Jedi Master star 5

Dec 24, 1999
    Tsk! Page 4!

To the top.

9. Geoff Morton

Geoff Morton Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 1998
  10. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Pixel Novastar--I've only just read your story and found it quite exciting. This Obi-Wan seems quite the rogue, I like it. Keep posting, often.

11. Pixel Novastar

Apr 5, 1999
    In hyperspace, en route to the planet Viscinea

Obi-Wan sat at the small table in his bunk. A stack of datapads - all of the information the Captain had accumulated about Viscinea - covered the surface. Obi-Wan yawned, passing his hand over his eyes, and then shook his head and picked up the datapad on top.

From his brief study of the small planet, Obi-Wan had gathered a number of facts. Several centuries ago, Viscinea had been colonized by a few hundred Republic volunteers. Their efforts had been highly successful, and those few hundred had, over the generations, spread to populate the planet.

As a result of Viscinea's topographic and climatic features, nearly the entire planet was well suited for cultivation and its people had taken immediately to farming. Viscinea's agricultural tendencies had lent to self-sufficiency, and so the world depended on the Republic for very little. In fact, the Republic benefited more from Viscinea?s exports than anything, Obi-Wan thought wryly. Tea for the aristocracy of Coruscant, finely woven textiles, and many different grains had bought the planet sovereignty. The original colonists had shunned the technologies that had brought them to the planet, thus the people were more than content with houses of earth or wood hewn from the planets many timbers, and manual, not mechanical, forms of transportation.

?At least I?ll know if a transport lands,? Obi-Wan thought dryly. ?The whole world will stop to stare at it.?

He glanced at the chronometer on the wall near the door. They would be landing ? in Kirin, the Captain had explained, one of the largest towns on that hemisphere ? the next morning. They would need his help to unload.

Standing, Obi-Wan untied his belt and removed his tunic. Folding it carefully, and laying it over the chair he?d just vacated, he ran his hands over his head and yawned. His fingers brushed against his padawan braid. Obi-Wan pulled his hand away as though it burned.

?I?m not a padawan anymore,? he said forcefully. But slowly he raised his hand again and took hold of the plait of hair. He briefly contemplated the consequences of ripping it out and discarding it, but thoughts of his apprenticeship returned to him. The small lock of hair had been symbolic of his tie to Qui-Gon; of their bond as Master and apprentice, teacher and pupil, father and son. Obi-Wan dropped his hand back to his side, turned the light off, and lay down on his bunk. Thoughts of Qui-Gon came, unbidden, into his brain. Obi-Wan pushed the thoughts away, though it pained him to do so, and closed his eyes, willing himself to sleep.

12. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Well, I thought Obi-Wan was planning on catching another transport from Viscinea and starting a search for the Sith, but now it looks like he's planning on staying, at least for a while. Or have I misinterpreted this? What are his plans, anyway?

I know, I know, all will be revealed in the next post. Well, the next post had better come pretty soon, that's all I can say!

13. Jedi Speewwy

Dec 24, 1999
    Up, up, up!

14. Jedi Speewwy

Dec 24, 1999
    Once again, UP!

15. Kid Jedi

Kid Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2000
    Anyone know whatever happened to this thread? It's a great story, bit never finished....

16. GilesP

GilesP Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2000
    I have submitted my TF.N theater teaser to the boys.

I also have my first version, which I rejected because of size and the fact that I had put it to Limp Bizkit's "Break Stuff" which is a little high on the bad language scale.

But I did decide to stick it online at: http://users.erols.com/TF_N_Teaser_Limp_320.mov http://users.erols.com/TF_N_Teaser_Limp_320.mov

So parental discretion is advised.

-Brian P. Gefrich

17. tony the jedi

tony the jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2000
    Bad URl. File not found.

18. GilesP

Mar 20, 2000
    My bad...

Too much typing today.
    http://users.erols.com/bpgef/TF_N_Teaser_Limp_320.mov http://users.erols.com/bpgef/TF_N_Teaser_Limp_320.mov

-Brian P. Gefrich

19. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    hehehe I liked it man
    Not a big LB fan, and I didnt like all the swearing, but thats cool
    try "Sleep Now in the Fire" By rage against the machine!

20. GilesP

Mar 20, 2000
    That's why that's not the one I submitted. It was a test run. I didn't even take the time to clean it up.

The one I used has a Duel Of The Fates remix on it. It's pretty tight.

-Brian P. Gefrich

21. The Jedi Apprentice

The Jedi Apprentice Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 1999
    What type of software did you use to put that together?

22. GilesP

Mar 20, 2000
    Premiere and Axogon.

I didn't really do anything to clean it up. I should have, but I knew I couldn't have that song with something on TF.N. I just thought it fit pretty well.

-Brian P. Gefrich

23. Qui-Stay-Gon

Qui-Stay-Gon Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2000
    What exactly is this Teaser for? Where will it be shown or did you do it just for fun?

24. GilesP

Mar 20, 2000
    I did the one I posted here for fun. The other one I submitted (put to the Duel of the Fates: Fear Remix) would just be a teaser to show the type of stuff you could find in the theater.

Right now I am putting lightsaber effects on the Gladiator trailer. That's fun.

-Brian P. Gefrich

25. The Jedi Apprentice

The Jedi Apprentice Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 1999
    can you please post the URL to the short you submitted to TFN? I'd like to see it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.