main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

In-Depth Teaser Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by DarthSapient, Nov 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Please use this thread for more of an in-depth discussion of things you observed in the teaser trailer and would like to discuss. Use the other official thread for all the 'omg this will rock' or 'Sidious owns this film' type of comments. Thanks so much in advance for your cooperation. :)

2. DARKSTARFISH

DARKSTARFISH Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 2004
    I haven't seen it yet.

3. NateDanger

NateDanger Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 16, 2002
    And so it begins... [face_devil] :D

4. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    One question that I have ... in the Access Hollywood Tidbit we see the camera moving towards a Hanger Door that is closing ... what scene is this? Why is the door closing? And why is the camera moving towards it like someone is running at the door?

5. YOUDONTKNOWTHAT

YOUDONTKNOWTHAT Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2004
    "The eye color thing is simply something added in for the trailer. It won't be shown in the actual movie."

Did Lucas take you to the circus after he showed you the movie?

6. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004

I think the Sidious image took away from one of the very cool images we saw in the small snipit of the trailer- The Space Battle.

We havent seen a massive Space Battle in a LONG time (TPM one blew, and AOTC really didnt have one).

Im happy to see a massive space battle again, because that's what really makes Star Wars- Star Wars!

besides sabers.

EDIT
    506, i wondered the same thing. not to sure. the door closed, and there was no explosion or Jedi starfighter escaping from it. Color me confused.

CLone

7. NateDanger

NateDanger Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 16, 2002
    In that clip, it appears that a starfighter is leaving through the door, not entering. That's what makes me curious too. At first I assumed it was Anakin or Obi-Wan entering the capital ship where Palpatine is being held, but after noticing which way the fighter is flying I'm not so sure anymore! :eek:

8. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    "One question that I have ... in the Access Hollywood Tidbit we see the camera moving towards a Hanger Door that is closing ... what scene is this? Why is the door closing? And why is the camera moving towards it like someone is running at the door?"

I'm thinking that the door is probably an Emergency airlock door being closed because the regular airlock has been blown away in the battle,and exposed to vacuum. I don't know that for sure though,that's just what I'm guessing. :)

9. ILoveLeia

ILoveLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2004
    ^ in just a couple of hours you'll know young padawans

10. obianikdart

obianikdart Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    Well obivously you cant say , Thats why you need to see the full thing in order to at least get a idea of what might be happening in that scene , possibly 2 hours away ...

11. JMRycheBa-Gai

JMRycheBa-Gai Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2004
    Patiently waiting until 12:30, that's 1.5 hours, when AH comes on here.......

12. racerx

racerx Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2002
    Sidious made me soil myself.

:eek:

13. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    i doubt it, i dont think we'll see too much more from that scene until May.

But its still fun to speculate- isnt that why were here?

CLone

14. TEXAS

TEXAS Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    In Depth... ? man Sap' you're putting pressure on us, we got to be deep... all right, let me try... hu... well, sincerly, guys, try to enjoy this moment because this is your last time ever anticipating a starwars teaser trailer, i remember in 1998 and 2001 (it was two months after 9/11) i had goose bumps, i would just watch them over and over for a couple of days. As far as this bad boy's going, it seems like Lucas put everything in it, it will be to Starwars what ROTK was to LOTR, the pay off, the climax, the part when everything makes sense and thinking that we're three hours away from getting a glimpse out of ROTS "brings warm feelings to my heart"... was that deep ? hum.............. well trust me, as soon as i watch that teaser i'll be back here with some juicy comments !!!

15. Robnhud

Robnhud Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 24, 2002
    2 MORE HOURS!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, AOL's teaser will probably be 320x280 and then letterboxed in THAT... piss poor quality to be sure. So even *if* we AOLers get it first, the rest of you will have the better version.

16. SlytherinHouse

SlytherinHouse Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2000

It definitely looks like the fighters are flying into the docking bay. They disappear as the doors close.

I can't wait to have the full thing so I can make out details in the space scene.

Sly

17. MovieTrailerMusic

MovieTrailerMusic Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 17, 2004
    (sighs) 2 more hours people go watch a movie lol

18. crackvader

crackvader Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    (deleted post...roger that G-FETT) :)

19. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Hey guys, just a quick reminder that this thread is for in-depth discussion when we have seen the trailer a few times.

For counting down to the arrival of the trailer and posting your initial reactions, please keep to the Initial Reactions Thread. Thanks. :)

20. J3-M8

J3-M8 Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2004
    Man I hate waiting.

21. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Well, Obi-Wan is on his knees and Anakin apparently is deflecting his lightsaber swing by grabbing his arm. Now ... the question would be where is Anakin's Lightsaber? If Anakin doesn't have a lightsaber would Obi-Wan really still swing at him?

22. Flask

Flask Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 22, 2000
    (no message)

23. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    man, the OS is hammered right now LOL

24. Falzar

Falzar Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 29, 2002
    So where is the trailer then???

25. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Everyone with these little in and out snippet posts, go to the initial reaction thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.