main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

In-Depth Teaser Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by DarthSapient, Nov 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yayo

yayo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 1999
    again....the mace saber strike is the same beggining stance that Anakin and Dooku both use in AOTC. When we see this scene in the movie, it will not look like Mace is so close up to his opponent.

2. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    Wow. Everything went quiet. Hopefully that's cause you all took a moment to remember the veterans.

3. Death-Vader

Death-Vader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2002
    can someone answer a few questions for me?
    First, does anyone think that in the shot where Anakin is choking Obi-Wan and we see Anakin's face as he lowers Obi-Wan down, that Anakin has been or is crying? It could be sweat but it looks like tears to me?
    Second, can you direct me to where this has been discussed, if anyone knows.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v376/timmar/tears.png]

No tears, just perspitation and a look of determination.

4. Hades2021

Hades2021 Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2003
    Looks like tears to me.

5. SuperStarDestroyer

SuperStarDestroyer Jedi Master star 3

Apr 8, 1999
    Does anyone agree with me that the trailer is too much like the "atmosphere" of TPM and AOTC? I was hoping that Ep III will really bridge the PT and the OT together (i.e. be darker and gloomier like the OT was (i.e. have more black, grey, and white instead of bright colors)) by looking and feeling more like the OT, but it looks just as colorful as what the PT has been so far.

Oh, and about the apparent mess-up with Obi's saber, maybe the person that Anakin is holding down in the second scene is not Obi but another Jedi, during the Jedi Temple raid.

6. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    I know this has probably been discussed before but,

When it shows the wookies celebrating, in the background it looks like an AT-ST, and then behind it is some vehicle with what looks to be wheels, like an AT-ST on wheels. Does anyone know what this is?

7. CitizenKane

CitizenKane Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 7, 2004
    Excellent trailer. Got it today. :)

I was frankly surpised by the amount of content in it. I guess I was expecting a 20 second clip with text on the screen and then a shot of Anakin to wrap it up. Needless to say, I was very pleasantly surpised.

Does anyone know what that planet is with all the volcanoes? Sullust? Geonosis?

8. Superlaser

Superlaser Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2004
    Volcano planet = Mustafar, site of the Obi-Wan/Anakin duel.

9. da_greatest_jedi23

da_greatest_jedi23 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2004
    Hi y'all

I vaguely remember reading something about a starship crashing on Coruscant.
    In the trailer it seems to me that there is a huge ship (the one that other ships are pouring water on) that is moving lower not toward the camera. Also, if you look at the smoke trail the ship is leaving you can see the ship is heading down. What do you guys think? [face_thinking]

10. ben_07

ben_07 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002

It's definetely the Trade Federation Cruiser, the "Invisible Hand", which is General Grievous's flagship during the space battle. It's the starship that Dooku, Grievous, and kidnapped Chancellor Palpatine are on, that Obi-wan and Anakin get onto.

11. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    Anyone need blown up pics from the trailer?

Tell me the time and description of what and I'll post it

:)

12. da_greatest_jedi23

Nov 14, 2004
    It's definetely the Trade Federation Cruiser, the "Invisible Hand", which is General Grievous's flagship during the space battle. It's the starship that Dooku, Grievous, and kidnapped Chancellor Palpatine are on, that Obi-wan and Anakin get onto.

Do you think that more than one ship will crash on Coruscant?

13. darth_of_the_night

darth_of_the_night Jedi Master star 2

Sep 21, 2004
    Can someone please tell me of the ship, that is right before the shot of Tion Meddan...The one spraying what appears to be water on the large object that is on fire??? I couldn't find a screencap for the life of me, so I just decided to ask...Is that the opening sequence or something else? Thanks!

14. da_greatest_jedi23

Nov 14, 2004
    Thats the ship that I'm talking about! lol
    I don't know the name of it though.

15. darth_of_the_night

darth_of_the_night Jedi Master star 2

Sep 21, 2004
    Oh! I didn't know! Well, hopefully there will be an answer out there!

16. jvberggren

jvberggren Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    Can we really assume that anakin has got ob1 on the floor in the trailer?

"Anakin has only three real costume changes, not counting weathering or damage to his 'standard' outfit" -PH

"Anakin's costume will become darker as the film moves forward" - TB

We know that the duel with ob1 is near the end, and we obviously see that his costumes are darker than ever. If he were to use the jedi robe he would use it at an earlier point... not near the end!

That leaves two options:

1) anakin fights ob1 before the "final" duel or
    2) someone else is fighting ob1.

17. SithDudeFIF

SithDudeFIF Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2004
    "Oh, and about the apparent mess-up with Obi's saber, maybe the person that Anakin is holding down in the second scene is not Obi but another Jedi, during the Jedi Temple raid. "

First off, I'm sorry I dont know how to properly quote someone, maybe someone could help me out with that sometime. But anyway, if I am understanding you correctly, you are saying that Obi's lightsaber is wrong. I highly disagree. I think it is brilliant.

If you remember, Luke's rebuilt lightsaber, is basically the same as seen in the trailer. I think this is a link between the PT, OT, and EU. Remember in Shadows of the Empire, Luke builds his lightsaber from the plans found in a book from old Ben's house. After the battle of Geonosis, Obi-Wan had no lightsaber that was truly his own. Some Jedi just threw him and Anakin some lightsabers. So obivously he had to build one! Thus, the lightsaber in the trailer.

18. jvberggren

Nov 8, 2004
    You really need to check this out!!!

Here is the the link: http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/imageattack/2003/11/imageattack20031104.html

take a close look at anakin's boots (from ep.II). Then watch the trailer again. Pause it when ob1 is on the floor. right beneath ob1's right hand you clearly see a different boot.

This could mean only two things. etiher that anakin now has new shoes, or that someone else is fighting ob1.

Would be great if someone had pictures from ep.III which could confirm or dismiss.

19. obianikdart

obianikdart Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    I agree that that scene looks like 2 different scenes , when we see obi wan ,the person standing next to him seeems to be waering something redish brown , i dunno

INDY a huge blown up picture of that sceen would actually come in handy .post the one where We see obi wan being choked on teh ground and this persons redbrown costume

20. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    It's Obi-wan and Anakin, and it's the same scene on the Separatist table on Mustafar. I believe it's a continuous shot. Observe that Obi-wan is holding both Anakin's lightsaber in one hand and his lightsaber in the other, while Anakin is choking him with his mechnical hand/arm (ouch!) and holding his arm with his other hand.

This would confirm why we see Anakin's lightsaber on the table in the one picture in SW Insider. This must be where Obi-wan first shows up, surprising the hell out of Anakin and knocking his lightsaber out of his hand. Then we see the above scene, with some powerful words like, "I don't need a lightsaber to defeat you my former Master."

21. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    [image=http://img108.exs.cx/img108/3952/obo.jpg]

Theres quite a big picture of that scene.

22. jvberggren

Nov 8, 2004
    Now (as long as irishd2's "anakin's saber"-pic really is from episode iii http://massassi.yavin4.com/sw_img/e3spac11.htm there should be no doubt that anakin wears the same boots as in episode II.

You can clearly see from this picture that the top part of the boots are the same as those he wears in episode II.

There is of course still a chance that he changes boots and meets ob1 at a later point in the movie, but still...

23. jvberggren

Nov 8, 2004
    to make the comparison easier:

http://massassi.yavin4.com/sw_img/e3spac11.htm

http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/imageattack/2003/11/imageattack20031104.html

http://img108.exs.cx/img108/3952/obo.jpg

No doubt that anakin wears the same boots in ep.II and ep.III. For those who don't see the difference from the trailer pic... There is a clear line on the boot which is not present on the ep.II photo.

24. jvberggren

Nov 8, 2004
    i'll admit there is another possibility. the only alternative left is if anakin changes clothes and meets OB1 again at a later point.

I guess he could of course during the duel change boots and slip on a robe...(yeah right!)

25. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    Didn't Pabs (or possibly someone else) say something about DUELS (plural) when referring to Anakin/Obi-Wan?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.