main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

In-Depth Teaser Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by DarthSapient, Nov 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Gregory ... Artoo is holding a comlink which is in direct communication with Obi-Wan Kenobi aboard the Trade Federation Ship at the beginning.

Slytherin ... PM me

EDIT:

How about the pile of red next to Yoda when he goes into butt kicking mode?

Looks like he chopped up some guards.

The only thing is that Yoda brings his lightsaber out after they are down ... maybe he just Force Throws them together and knocks 'em out.

2. Helmet

Helmet Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 1, 2001
    Or throws something at them with the force.

3. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    We won't see Yoda dueling with the Imperial Guards. PH was hesitant to call what the Imperial Guards do as action. I think they move to block Yoda and he simply regulates on them without much trouble. He either knocks them out or does a force choke like Luke does in RotJ causing them to pass out.

4. jedifleet

jedifleet Jedi Master

Nov 5, 2004
    My two cents is that he probably force chokes them. With the fact that they were located on the floor at the exact same spots just opposite sides are an indication that they werent fighting all over the place. He most likely didnt force push them cause well they arent embedded in the walls, lol. Yes, plus the fact that yoda doesnt take his saber till after, adds only more fuel to that assumption.

5. Aristo-nobi

Aristo-nobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2002
    Hey guys. I've often listened to Duel of the Fates, because I think it's an awesome song. I've even looked up the lyrics to it. This is the opening line in the song:

Kor-ah, Mah-tah, Kor-ah, Rah-tah-mah.

I've watched the ROTS teaser trailer about 15 times now, but only today did I notice something that I've never noticed before. In the part of the trailer when Anakin/Vader turns his hooded head with the yellow eyes towards the camera, the singers-- the only singers you hear occumpaning music in the whole trailer-- whisper the word(s) "RAH-TAH-MAH".

o_O Sound familiar? [face_thinking]

The lyrics that John Williams came up with for The Duel of the Fates are of the language of Sanskrit. So I found a Sanskrit-English Dictionary online, and looked up the definitions:

ma3h
    Entry mah

Meaning 2 (f. {ma3h} & {mahI3}) great, mighty, powerful, strong, abundant; old, aged. f. {mahI3} the earth (as the great one), ground, soil, land, country, kingdom; space; host; cow; du. heaven and earth; pl. rivers, waters.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rah, rahati
    Entry rah, rahati

Meaning , pp. {rahita} (q.v.) leave, desert, abandon. C. [[,]] {rahayati} =S. or cause to leave etc. --{vi} C. abandon, desert. -- Cf. {virahita}.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mah, mahate, mahayati, -te
    Entry mah, mahate, mahayati, -te

Meaning , pp. {mahita} 1 (q.v.) A. (M.) gladden; [[-,]] delight, exalt, refresh, excite, impel; esteem highly, honour; M. be glad, rejoice at (instr. or acc.); grant, bestow. -- {sam} stir up, excite; honour, celebrate.

Something great/mighty/powerful (Anakin?)... who leaves/abadons/deserts something (Jedi Order?)... hmmmmm.

Is it a coincidence that a Sanskrit word, sung once again by a chorus, is heard in the trailer for another prequel movie?

o_O [face_thinking]

6. DreamlineSpuzzy

DreamlineSpuzzy Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2004
    Not to beat a very dead horse here, but "Yes, Master" is JEJ. The thought that it wasn't JEJ, regardless of similarities, was quite bothersome to me. Motivated by Trojan_Sock, I went hunting for the cleanest ESB .wav of JEJ speaking those two words. I didn't find it; however, I found something close enough: "Yes, my master." After cutting out "my," upsampling it, altering the time and pitch, removing noise and then filtering it, I compared the two samples and the waveforms were identical.

7. VanillaZinger

VanillaZinger Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Dang, Spuzzy, if that doesn't put the issue to rest, nothing will. :) Nice.

8. jedifleet

jedifleet Jedi Master

Nov 5, 2004
    I'm sorry Spuzzy but it sounds to me like you were tampering it to make the comparison fit in the first place. Using filters and upscaling and all that. If anything your just trying to prove that its Jones from a piece of work that ILM technicians have tampered to sound like Jones to begin with.

My point is if ILM is making it sound like Jones from Hayden then you will find no fault in it unless you had something that was original, before effects are added to sound like Vader.

To me it sounds like Jones except for that MasteR part but, even I can't be 100% sure.

9. DreamlineSpuzzy

DreamlineSpuzzy Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2004
    To be honest, I just used standard procedure when going from an 8-bit mono 11025Hz sample to a 16-bit stereo 44100Hz sample. Upsampling does not magically improve the audio quality; all of the tape hiss and background noise from the 8-bit sample is still very real in the 16-bit sample. Considering the resonable clarity of the Quick Time audio (if you listen very closely to the trailer, you will hear an audible level of distortion, which is a good indication that the audio stream is being filtered somewhere), comparison with a sample of inferior quality just doesn't make sense. You can apply noise reduction to 8-bit samples, but no more than -45dB, which by todays standards is the equivalent of not applying any noise reduction at all (ie: the noise is still there); therefor, I upsampled to filter out the noise. It was no surprise that after filtering, the waveform inhibited the same level of indirect distortion that could be heard in the Quick Time audio stream. On applying the stretch, I did not alter the pitch or tone in any way (note that I did accidently write "time and pitch" in my original post as both terms, in relation to the properties of audio, are commonly used in conjunction).

Besides sharing an identical waveform, the fact that both pronunciations of the "er" in "master" were exactly the same made it a dead give away.

10. jedifleet

jedifleet Jedi Master

Nov 5, 2004
    Did someone get the License number of that mac truck that ran me over. Must be some truck driver named Spuzzy, lol. Well done Spuzz, bravo on your conclusion.

ILM could use a person like you. The first assignment they'd give you would be fixing Jabba's voice in Episode I & Episode 4 (Dvd). Go.. Ahem Force knows they need it. Thats just for starters.

11. JediUno

JediUno Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2004
    Why is there a shot of Mace Windu in the Jedi Council Room in the trailer? I know he fights in Palpatines office, so why does he have his lightsaber on in the council room? Please give an answer!

12. BothofUs

BothofUs Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 5, 2003
    I'd like to talk about when Anakin is following Obi-Wan in his Jedi-Starfighter. It looks like Obi-Wan's vertical flaps on his starfighter are not opened up, but Anakin's are. I bet the wings change position like the X-Wings do. You can see this at 1:18 by the way..

13. ewok_Blackru

ewok_Blackru Jedi Youngling

Nov 20, 2004
    In need of some help here.

No-one yet it seems has mentioned a character from the trailer, c-3PO. But could the set in the background be none other than the rebel blockade runner from the start of ANH?
    OK I know it sounds ridiculous, because it isn't, but does anyone know?
    It could be the ship we see leaving the volcano planet, as seen later in the trailer, I suppose.
    Are all the droid scenes from the trailer from the same set?
    Do they have much to do in this film, apart from the awful memory erase plot? And why has no-one mentioned them?

14. Hades2021

Hades2021 Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2003
    Yes, they are in the blockade runner. It is definitely in the movie. There have been several pictures.

15. jedifleet

jedifleet Jedi Master

Nov 5, 2004
    Guys maybe you can clarify something for me. In frame 1:26 of the Trailer that is a Seperatist ship bottom left and a Republic Starship Top Left hand corner right? Well if so Then my question is, Isnt that an Imperial Insignia on the Seperatist Ship? If so can anyone explain why?

16. spacerocker

spacerocker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I cant explain that one.

17. sal9161

sal9161 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2004
    Edit nevermind

18. yayo

yayo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 1999
    "EP3: ROTS Trailer on Comcast Digital Cable

Posted By Britany on December 2, 2004
    There's good news for anyone who subscribes to Comcast Digital. Mike sends in this note:

I subscribe to Comcast Digital cable which includes your standard set of movies and TV shows on demand. In their movie section they also offer trailers currently playing in a theater near you. Last night the trailer for ROTS finally appeared...allowing you to watch the trailer as many times as you want with digital picture quality and sound!"

Can anyone give me some more detail on how to view this on Comcast cable? I have Comcast and have been unable to find the Trailer section.

19. jedi8959

jedi8959 Jedi Youngling

Nov 25, 2004
    When does the next trailor come out?

20. ___Obi-1___

___Obi-1___ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2004
    March...

It's rumored we'll have one THIS MONTH!

21. lysis

lysis Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 12, 2004
    http://www.starwars.com/clonewars/about/news/news20050127.html
    It looks as if we will get the super uber-high quality version of the teaser trailer on March 22 with the Clone Wars DVD. Hmmmm.... March 22. Could it be the new teaser/trailer?

22. Fallen_Jedi21

Fallen_Jedi21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2004
    Nope. Pabs said it was the old one.

23. lysis

lysis Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 12, 2004
    crap.

24. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I don't feel like reading all 80 pages, but is there an extra large version (720x310) of the trailer in avi format? I tried exporting the mov to an avi, but Quicktime wouldn't allow it. It worked with the 480x206 version though.

25. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    A little help?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.