main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends In Desperate Need of a Vacation (K2, Exile, OCs, Yoda)- a Ridiculously Specific/ I Dare You response

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Commander-DWH, Sep 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Okay, I may qualify for a special certificate in massochism, as I decided to combine my Dare challenge and the latest Ridiculously Specific challenge.

Fluffmeister- as for the 'guideline' about writing out of my era... just remember, you didn't say how much of it had to be out of my era. :p

For those of you following my timeline... you've just jumped into the middle of it. Remember those three kids who showed up in my first two Ridiculous challenges? Well, they came from somewhere and they're not quite born yet in this one. Just so you're all up to speed and stuff.

Well, on with the interesting information like items...

Title: In Desperate Need of a Vacation
    Author: DWH
    Genre: Humour
    Timeframe: KOTOR 2 (mostly)
    Characters: Arden Moore, Atton Rand, Disciple, Mira, Mandalore, HK-47, Yoda
    Summary: Sucks to be cooped up on a ship for too long, doesn't it?
    Notes: For the ?I Dare You? Challenge (1st post only) and the Ridiculously Specific Challenge v5.0.

And now... for the dare:

1) Disciple tries to get with Mira (That could be interesting...)
    2) Atton tries to fix T3, with humorous/disastrous consequences. Your choice.
    3) The Exile tries to take a nap, only to find evidence of an...interesting habit of Atton's.
    4) Mandalore challenges HK to a duel for insulting his "Mandalorian honor".
    5) A reference must be made somewhere in the story to "bananas". Anywhere.

[b]"This vacation... I will send postcards to my socks."
    -the OCCS Cookie File
    [/b]

?Out of my way, Moore, I?m going to deconstruct this ?droid once and for all!?

?Smug statement: Even if you tried, meatbag, you would be entirely unsuccessful in your attempts.?

?Will you two shut up already??

The hold of the [i]Ebon Hawk[/i] was a scene of barely controlled chaos. Most of the crew, by this time, had made it to the scene, and they were watching intently as Arden stood between Mandalore and HK-47, hands resting on her lightsaber and looking at both of them with a glare that could burn through the hull of a starfighter.

HK-47?s photoreceptors glowed red. ?Protest: The meatbag intends to destroy me. Me! The best assassin ?droid in the galaxy, if my humble opinion may be put forward. Determined statement: If he so much as looks at me like he?s going to shoot me, I will be forced to take drastic measures!?

Mandalore was inscrutable as ever beneath his helmet, but his voice left no mistake as to his intentions. ?That rusting hunk of metal insulted my honour. The audacity-?

?Your[i] honour?[/i]? Arden gaped. ?Is [i]that[/i] what this is all about??

?Honour is everything to a Mandalorian!? He drew himself to his full height, towering above her. ?If you knew half the things I?ve been through??

?Excuse me for not being impressed, but I fought on the other side- not to mention the winning side- of the same war as you,? she snorted derisively. ?So unless you?ve some great tale about your defeat of the three-legged banana sniffers on Hoppon I or some other such tripe, I think I have a pretty good idea of what you?ve been through.?

?If it were anyone else?? his voice stayed dangerously low. ?I want a duel with this heap of scrap, to settle this once and for all!?

HK-47 let out an electronic sigh. ?Reluctant statement: Very well, I shall have to make use of my assassination protocols??

?No, you won?t.? Arden reached over and snagged the blaster rifle from his hands. ?I?m not having my crew members shooting each other. Verbally abuse each other as you please, but there will be no killing of the crew on my watch!?

?I dunno,? Atton leaned against the doorway. ?It wouldn?t break my heart to see that bloodthirsty junkpile disintegrated.?

?Threatening statement: You?ll be the next to go, meatbag.?

Arden whirled around and looked at Atton in annoyance. ?I don?t think you?re allowed to make any commentary on the ?droids. Not after what you did to T3.?

Atton shrugged innocently. ?Did what? All I did was install

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I know nothing about KOTOR, but this story makes me want to learn more! Bravo! =D=

3. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    HK-47 let out an electronic sigh. ?Reluctant statement: Very well, I shall have to make use of my assassination protocols??

This made me laugh out loud.

Great challenge piece--yours are always so much better than mine. :p

4. Anakins_Force

Anakins_Force Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2005
    Great job! Fluff-Slayer is brutal, isn't she?

Atton sighed and looked back at the controls. ?Women. Pregnant women, and Jedi. Why did I agree to stick around again??

This was really cute!

?Everything about this scene is unusual,? Mira snorted. ?In case you hadn?t noticed, our resident Mandalorian is challenging a robot to an honour duel.?

?Injured protest: I am no mere robot!?

This was really funny!

5. kotorchick

kotorchick Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 11, 2005
    Wait! Which one is pregnant? When did that happen? If Leiaraya's here, CARTH must be... ;) And who in the heck is Mikal? I enjoyed it though!

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I'm slightly aware of KOTOR and this is really good. Leave us with lots of questions we now need answered!! Excellent entry for the challenges.

7. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    VaderLVR64: I keep hearing you say that about KOTOR stories. Keep this up, and you're not going to be able to say that anymore, since you'll pick up most of the important details. :p

oqidaun: You're so full of crap. Your entries are at least as good as mine are. That being said, I'm flattered you think so. But you're still full of crap. ;)

Anakins_Force: Ahh, the brutality of the Fluffmeister... is still more enticing than my homework. Glad you enjoyed!

kotorchick: Hate to disappoint... but Carth will not be making an appearance. It's a long story, only some of which has been written. But he's busy elsewhere, they'll meet back up later. As for Mical... you must be of the crowd that never got Disciple to tell them his name. I didn't either- I didn't know what his name was until I played as a guy, and then I yelled at him. I'm so not even joking. I pointed at the screen and called him mean names, and my sister looked at me real funny. :D

Healer_Leona: Thank you! I've actually only met a few of the Ridiculously Specific requirements, so there will be at least one more post, perhaps two. Haven't decided quite yet. All shall be revealed in time. :p

Well, I have some time between classes and my screening tonight, and nothing due immediately tomorrow... so I may or may not have a post for you later today. If not today, then probably tomorrow.

8. kotorchick

kotorchick Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 11, 2005
    I'll miss Carth... but I can handle not having him, I think. [face_worried]

So that was his name! Nope, never found it out. Didn't like him much i the first place though... Oh well. So, this is going to be multichapterd? YIPPEE!

9. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    Good God. I can sympathize...that iambic pentameter gets in your head. Ever taken a poetry class? Inevitably, you just think and speak in iambic pentameter for hours afterward...

Great short story - good, humorous dare response.

10. Fluff-Slayer

Fluff-Slayer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2005
    Injured pout: I resent that. Only half of this was my doing. :( It was also her dare response.

DWH, you're amazing. I'm sorry it took me so long to lug my sorry self over here.

Marvelously done, as always.

11. padawanlissa

padawanlissa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
  12. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    maybe they should make one of the star wars tv shows about something like that! that would be a sitcom i would actually watch! Very funny stuff. i'd list some of the quotes that made me laugh out loud but there are too many of them.. my favorite part was the operettas... atton saying something like that is like han solo saying something like that and that is just[face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.