main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

In ESB if Boba try to finish off Luke, would he have been successful?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by JMaster Luke, Apr 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JMaster Luke

JMaster Luke Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    After han is frozen, Boba and a few man take Hans carbinite body to Boba's ship. Well we've all seen the movie.

When Boba sees luke in the hall way he gives off a few shots to scare luke off, but he doesn't try to finish luke off.

What if Boba told the men to take han to his ship and boba stayed behind to fight luke. Would he have been successful in killing luke? If he's as skilled as Jango, then I think luke would of been in deep trouble.

But the one major thing that i think Boba would have againts him would be that he's in doors, therefor he can't use his jet pack like jango did to get away from Obi wan.

Luke can block Vaders attacks, so that shows that luke can block blaster shots too. But luke's not as skilled as he was in ROTJ. so would he have been able to fight off Boba, or would he have died?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Vanthorne_OX

Vanthorne_OX Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Well, as long as Luke didn't directly stop him from taking Solo, I don't think Fett cared to bother with Luke. He fired a few warning shots and went on for two reasons that benefited him.

First, Darth Vader, Dark Lord of the Sith, wanted Luke as his bounty. Fett knew this and wasn't going to get in the way.

Second, Fett's primary concern is to guard his bounty, because that's what he's getting paid for. Fett seems like the kind of guy to trust no one but himself. So I don't think he'd be comfortable sending guards that he doesn't even know on to see Solo safely to the ship.

But those circumstances aside, would Luke beat Fett? I think it would be a draw long enough for Vader to show up and kick Fett around for messing with his prey.

3. KING_ZIXOR

KING_ZIXOR Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2003
    Wow that is a tough one. Luke would survive somehow. He wouldn't necessarily win (because his skills weren't complete), but he would escape somehow if he had to. He wasn't a jedi, but he did have some training.

4. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
    Luke stood toe to toe with Vader and lived to tell about it. That's something worth mentioning. If Boba fought Luke, Luke would win because that is what Lucas would do.

5. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    "Luke can block Vaders attacks, so that shows that luke can block blaster shots too."

Inconclusive. There's a big difference between blocking lightsabers and bocking blasters. In case you didn't notice, he didn't block all of Vader's lightsaber attacks. ;)

Luke never shows this skill in ESB, but does show it in ROTJ, when he's had more practice.

"Luke stood toe to toe with Vader and lived to tell about it."

Yeah, you've really got to "hand" it to Luke. [face_plain]

Luke lived to fall away from Vader and tell about it. There's no telling if Vader would have let Luke live, had Luke refused to join him but remained on the catwalk. Luke was down to nothing, and running scared (as would we all in that situation.)

6. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
    I never said Luke was as good or better then Vader. He stood toe to toe with him. In fact, he hit Vader in the shoulder. If Vader hadn't been wearing armor, he would of been beaten. Hadn't Luke not been skilled enough with a lightsaber to a certain extent, he would of been killed by Vader. Especially the majority of the blows Vader took at Luke when he did the surprise attack on Luke.

7. Loyal-Guard

Loyal-Guard Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2002
    I LOVE "what if" scenarios like this one.

Hmmmm, maybe i should stage a Luke vs. Boba confrontaton with the EPIC DUELS board game and see what happens. :)

I think it would have been a fair fight between the two. Personally, i like to think about things beyond the raw stats of their various strengths and weaknesses, and look instead at the larger themes in the movies.

At this point in Ep V, Luke was kind of in a weird transitional phase between being a brash kid, and a wiser Jedi. In other words he was at the threshold of great power, but still too impulsive.

I dont think Boba would have started a fight with Luke because i belive that Darth probably took Boba aside and told him that if he encountered Luke on the station, Boba was absoultly NOT to kill Luke, for obvious reasons, of course. Instead, Boba's job would be to just throw Luke off the track and help scoot him into the freezing chamber.

As for Luke, throwing down vs boba would definatly be one of those impulsive moments. Luke's confusion, desperition, and general fear at the uncertinty of the situation would cloud his Jedi powers just enought to give Boba a fair fight.

So if they fought, I see it being a draw with Luke damaging most of Boba's equipment (this is usually the problem with the Fetts facing Jedi) but not before Boba gets in enough shots with various stuff before the battle gets interrupted by something stupid, after which Boba takes off, vowing revenge aginst another troublesome jedi and deciding to just be happy with the Han capture.

8. Lanky

Lanky Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Hmm, lets see, a 39 year old experienced Bounty Hunter (not to mention closest of all clones to the original Jango) versus, a 20 something fighter pilot/ half-trained Jedi.

My conclusion on the outcome: Luke would have survived but Boba would have been the clear victor.

whostheBossk likes this.
  9. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    ESB Luke would have been captured by Fett had he stayed and fought it out with him.

ROTJ Luke....No contest...Luke by a mile.

10. KING_ZIXOR

KING_ZIXOR Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2003
    I agree with devil

11. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    Great points Vanthorne.

If a battle had ensued, I believe Luke would have eventually pulled it out, though I do think Boba would have given him quite a battle.

12. Master_Byrd

Master_Byrd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    Luke DID learn to block blaster shots in ANH, but he probably didn't take the time to master it yet...

My prediction, in a closed area: Luke wins. Luke could block enough shots to get close to Boba. Once a Jedi (or one in training) gets within striking distance, goodbye.

In an open area (like if Boba had fallen back and went outside), I think Boba would have plenty of room to fire away until one of those shots hit it's mark (no pun intended). 8-} And I don't think Luke would have been skilled enough in that area to deflect Boba's blasts back towards him... (why else would he be carrying his blaster if that were the case?)

In ROTJ, Luke no longer carried the blaster, so, obviously he had trained in deflecting enough that he was confident without it...

Just my take on it :)

13. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    "Luke DID learn to block blaster shots in ANH, but he probably didn't take the time to master it yet... "

[Solo] Good against remotes is one thing... [/Solo] :p

14. Master_Byrd

Master_Byrd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    Exactly, good against remotes, but couldn't stand up against someone of Boba's caliber yet... not for long ;)

15. Emperors_Foot

Emperors_Foot Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2003
    Wow, this is a fantastic topic, and one I have contemplated for many years now!

IMO, Boba would have been well aware of Vader's intentions towards Luke, however if there had been a worth while bounty on Lukes head (being a Rebel officer), then Fett would have attempted to capture him regardless of any warning Vader may have given him (we see this almost contemptuous relationship dynamic between Vader and Boba whenever the two of them talk eg "He's no use to me dead", "the Empire will compensate you if he dies, put him in!"). Also Luke was relying on his blaster at this point (only puts it away when he faces Vader), and when faced with a experienced bounty hunter wearing full mandolorian battle armour and a astro-mech bumping your leg as you try to take aim (another thread - what the hell is R2 playing at by bumping Luke!?!), then you're entering a world of hurt!
    The only reason Boba didn't kill/capture Luke that I can see, is that Luke didn't pursue Boba, and Boba had no interest in wasting time on him.

But to sum it all up, ESB Boba Fett would have wiped the floor with ESB Luke hands down, regardless of the battle taking place inside or outside!

16. TheWombat

TheWombat Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    You also have to take into account that Fett had NO experience fighting Jedi, that I know of. Jango did. So I say it's a toss up.

17. La_Capitan

La_Capitan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 22, 2003
    Hmmmm, maybe i should stage a Luke vs. Boba confrontaton with the EPIC DUELS board game and see what happens.

i love that game. i have two copies (my first one is really worn out.)

I really think luke would win. He went against vader and even got a hit on him.

18. Trojan_Sock

Trojan_Sock Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    "You also have to take into account that Fett had NO experience fighting Jedi"

But he's still the best bounty hunter. Who else would Vader send after him, but someone who has shown great ability. Besides, who's to say that Vader hasn't shown Boba a thing or two?

19. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    It would've been a great fight...but Luke would've just managed to get the win.

In ROTJ, no contest.

20. Trojan_Sock

Feb 27, 2003
    Debatable on the first, agreeable on the second.

21. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    Well surely the force would be on Luke's side. Maybe a ceiling tile would come loose and hit Boba, knocking him out.

22. Trojan_Sock

Feb 27, 2003
    [face_laugh] Well, if the Force is anything like Final Destination, you could very well be right. ;)

whostheBossk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.