main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends In Her Shoes - Part 2 (J/J, L/M, H/L, AU) Chapter 38, Sept 13th!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by MaraJade1225, Feb 4, 2011.

1. MaraJade1225

MaraJade1225 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 29, 2004
    Hey everyone! I kinda disappeared off the face of the earth for a few months, not really having time to write much with school and work. I decided to create a new thread because the last one got locked, and I want to continue working on this story when I have some spare time. If you are looking for the first 27 chapters of the story you can go to this thread
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...-ch-27-march-4th-2010.28040963/#post-28040963

So now, here is the continuation of In Her Shoes.

Chapter 28 (Its a long one...)

Being back at work was a refreshing change for Jaina Solo-Fel. Her consultant job with the GFFA military gave her the chance to work in a field she excelled in, while also being able to care for her almost year old twins.

Of course another perk of the job was that her husband only worked one floor below her in the Military headquarters building. This made things very easy for them to see each other at lunch, and at other various times throughout the day.

She looked up from her data pad as her inter office commlink buzzed.

“Colonel Solo-Fel,” her assistant greeted, “your mother is here.”

“Send her in.” Jaina said she got out of her chair, and walked in front of her desk.

The door opened moments later, and her mother entered the office.

“Hello dear.”

“Hi mom.”

“Have you started planning the twins’ birthday party yet?”

“A little, I’ve been a little swamped here lately though.”

“Well don’t worry, I have taken the liberty of arranging everything myself. Everything is planned
    and confirmed.”

“Oh boy.”

“I don’t think I like your attitude Jaina.”

“Sorry mom, I just remember all the things you’ve arranged in the past year and a half and they have all been pretty extravagant.”

“You’re right, however I think that the twins need some normalcy in their lives. So this birthday party will only have friends and family.”

“Define friends and family.”

“Your father and I, Luke, Mara, Ben, the Antilles’, the Horns’, Winter and Tycho, Soontir, Syal, Wyn, Jacen…”

“And Tenel Ka.”

“You don’t know that Jaina.”

“I know more than you think actually.”

“Well in any case, Kyp, Tahiri, Lowie, Tesar, Kam and Tionne, Saba, and if you wish Zekk.”

“That sounds like a very good guest list actually.”

“Excellent. The party is this weekend.”

“On their actual birthday?”

“Absolutely. We’re going to do this right. I already sent out the invitations and everything.
    Actually I sent them out weeks ago.”

“Okay, well I will put my trust in you. I have no doubt it will be perfect.”

“I’m glad honey. I do however see that you are swamped, so I won’t waste anymore of your time.” Leia said walking out of the room in her psycho coordinator mode.

Wedge walked in right as Leia was leaving, he turned around quickly and then turned back around the face Jaina.

“Was that your mother?” he asked

“Yep.”

“What is she up to now?”

“The twins’ birthday party.”

“Oh yes, I did get the invitation for that.”

“Well she planned everything.”

“Oh boy.”

“My thoughts exactly. Enough about that, I assume you aren’t here for a social call.”

“No I’m not. I can’t really tell you exactly why I am here, but Jag is going to have to talk to you
    when you get home.”

Jaina looked at him with a puzzled look on her face.

“That is all I can tell you. I just thought that you should know something is up before Jag talks to you tonight.”

“Thank you for that extremely cryptic heads up.”

“You’ll either thank me later, or you won’t. Either way I felt that I needed to give you a heads up.”

“Well thanks anyways.”

“I should let you get back to your paperwork.”

“Thanks Wedge.”

By the time Jaina finished rifling through the unusually large mound of paperwork on her desk her eyes were in desperate need of a rest. She lifted her head from its position and glanced at the chrono on the wall, it was time to head home. She guessed that Jag would be staying late again, so she headed to pick up the twins at Luke and Mara’s who had graciously offered to babysit them a couple days a week if needed. The walk to Luke and Mara’s appartment building was short and pleasant, with not a holo-reporter in sight. She entered the building and made her way to the turbolift. Luke and Mara had the penthouse suite of the building, which was large but nowhere near as large as the one Jag and Jaina occupied. Jaina stepped off of the turbolift after scanning her biometrics.

As soon as the door opened she saw Mara sitting on the floor playing with Halia. When Halia saw her mother enter the suite her little face lit up.

“Mamma!” she exclaimed.

“I didn’t think you were coming to pick them up until later.” Mara commented

“Really? Why would you think that?”
    “Jag had commed me earlier and asked if I minded watching the twins for a few more hours today.”

“He must have thought that I had a meeting or was staying late.”

“No, he said that you guys would need some time to discuss some things at home.”

“It sure would have been nice for him to have told me this.”

“He did mention that he was having trouble getting a hold of you when he was on a break from his meetings.”

“Because I work so far from where he does.”

“Was your personal commlink on?”

Jaina reached in her pocket to retrieve her commlink, she studied it. “Apparently it wasn’t. Now that you mention it, he had told me that he was going to be in meetings all day and wouldn’t be able to meet me for lunch.”

“Well, there you go.”

“I wonder if what we apparently need to discuss has anything to do with what Wedge came to give me a very cryptic heads up about.”

“It is entirely possible. I didn’t ask any details when Jag commed because I didn’t want to be caught in the middle or know anything that I wasn’t privy to.”

Jaina snorted, “There’s a first.”

Mara glared at her, “I’m starting to mellow Jaina.”

“Right, keep telling yourself that.”

Mara laughed, “Well I doubt that Jag would have requested that we keep the twins unless there really was something important. So you should probably go home.”

“Alright,” Jaina leaned down to kiss Halia on the top of the head. “Momma will be back Hala.”

Jaina blew her daughter a kiss as Halia waved her chubby little arm.

To say that Jaina’s mind was going a mile a minute was a slight understatement. As she walked from Luke and Mara’s building to her own she wondered what Jag would need to discuss with her. She knew that it couldn’t have anything to do with infidelity, because he would never be able to hide that from her. The only possibility was something having to do with his position in the CEDF hierarchy. That would make the most sense seeing as Wedge warned her about Jag needing to talk to her. Her mind was working so much that she didn’t even notice when she arrived at her building and entered the turbolift. She snapped back to reality when the turbolift stopped on the second floor of their condo.

When the turbolift doors opened, Jaina saw Jag sitting on the couch in the small sitting area.

She could feel some tension in the force. He looked up when she walked into the room.

“Hi.” He said shortly.

“Hi.” Jaina replied moving to sit on the couch opposite him.

“How was your day?” he asked.

“I’m guessing that it wasn’t as bad as yours.”

Jag’s eyed widened, “What makes you think that my day was bad?”

“Well first of all Wedge came to warn me that we would need to talk, and secondly I stopped to pick up the twins and Mara informed me that you had commed her and asked her to watch them for a few extra hours. Besides Jag, I’m a Jedi…I can feel changes in your mood.”

“I tried contacting you on your comm between my meetings, but your comm must have been
    off.”

“Actually it was.”

“I’m sorry you stopped to pick up the kids for no reason.”

“Jag, its okay. Tell me what is wrong.”

“I got a call from the Aristocra first thing this morning before I went into meetings. One of the Chiss Generals has disappeared from a very classified mission. They have been unable to hail him for a few days, which is really unlike him. They were able to find his ship, but they didn’t find him. The mission was so classified that they are worried that he is being tortured for information.”

“Are we in danger?”

Jag’s expression softened slightly as he shook his head, “Not at all.”

“Then what is it?”

“I have been called back to Csilla to participate in the mission to locate the General.”

“Was this a request, or an order?” Jaina asked worry creeping into her voice.

“It was an order.”

Jaina pinched the bridge of her nose, “How long?”

“Until they find him.”

“When do you leave?”

“This weekend.”

Jaina’s eyes widened, “You’re going to miss the twins’ birthday party?”

“No, when they told me what day I was supposed to leave I was able to negotiate. They are allowing me to leave the next morning.”

“Have you contacted your father?”

“He wasn’t able to help if that is what you’re asking.”

“I figured as much, but I just wanted to double check.” Jaina said.

“You’re surprisingly calm about this.” Jag commented

“Why would I make a scene over it? It wouldn’t help the situation any.” Jaina said

“You’re right.”

“I know I’m right.”

“So, what are we going to do?”

“You are going to go on your mission, and I will find a way to make everything work on this end.” Jaina said.

“You’re sure?”

“Of course I’m sure. You have been given an order by a superior officer, you have to comply.” Jaina said.

“Have I told you lately how much I love you?” Jag asked.

“You don’t have to tell me, I already know.”

“Should we maybe start making a plan for how we’re going to deal with this?” Jag asked

“If you want.” Jaina added

They started working through how Jaina was going to be a single mother for an unknown length of time.

Mara sat in the kitchen with the twins while they ate. She suddenly felt a flurry of emotions entering her appartment.

“Luke? Can you watch the twins for a few minutes?”

“Sure.” Luke’s voice said from the study.

Mara got up out of her chair and walked into the sitting room where Jaina was seated.

“What’s wrong?” Mara asked

“Sorry, I’m just a little pissed.”

“I got that as soon as you walked in. What I didn’t get was why.”

“Well other than the fact that my husband is going on a reconnaissance mission indefinitely.”

“What?” Mara exclaimed, “That doesn’t seem to be in the job description of an Ambassador.”

“My thinking exactly. There is a General on a mission of particular importance who has disappeared into thin air. They apparently want Jag to be a part of the mission to find him.”

“How soon does he leave?”

“In three days.”

“Well that explains why you’re so thrilled.” Mara said sarcastically

“Well I’m trying not to be mad at him because I know its not his fault, but at the same time..”

“Everything is their fault.” Mara said finishing Jaina’s sentence for her.

Jaina smiled a small smile. “That’s true.”

“So what are you going to do?”

“Well Jag and I tried to work out a plan of how I am going to handle this. He’s at home making
    calls right now to try get everything in order.”

“Well you know that I am more than happy to help you out in anyway that I can.”

Jaina smiled, “I know, and I appreciate that. I have a feeling that I am going to need all the help I can get.”

The next couple days leading up to the twins’ birthday party were very silent in the Solo-Fel household. Jaina was trying to bury herself in paperwork to avoid the subject of Jag leaving, and Jag was busy trying to get everything in order. If it hadn’t been for Leia popping in and out trying to decorate for the twins’s birthday party there probably would have been no
    conversation at all.

Luke and Mara had been wonderful watching the twins while Jaina and Jag were at work.
    Jag stopped by to pick up the twins on his way home from work. He pressed the door chime, and Luke answered the door.

“Hi Jag.” Luke greeted., “Your turn to pick up the twins?”

“Yea, Jaina is at work late again.”

“Isn’t that usually your territory?”

Jag chuckled, “Usually it is. Ever since I found out that I’m leaving Jaina has been burying herself in work.”

“That’s always been her coping mechanism. She has always tried to distract herself from what is bothering her, especially when she doesn’t want to face it.”

“I really don’t blame her for acting like she is. I would be none too pleased if I was in her situation.”

“While she is probably upset, she also understands that you don’t really have a choice.” Luke added.

“Oh I’m sure she knows that, but at the same time she’s probably peeved that I’m being sent away to do something that we thought could be avoided when I took the position of Ambassador to the GFFA.” Jag said.

“She’ll be okay Jag. We’re all around to help out for as long as she needs us.” Luke said

“I know, and we both appreciate that. If it weren’t for me, you guys wouldn’t have to be helping out like this.”

“Jag, if there is any family in the galaxy who understands duty, its us.”

The morning of the twins’ first birthday was an early one for everyone in the Solo-Fel household. Jaina rose early to get the twins ready and finish wrapping any gifts. Leia arrived before anyone was awake to set everything up and finish decorating. Jag had strict instructions from Leia to go and pick up the cake at a local bakery after picking his parents up from the docking bay they were assigned to. He was not allowed to discuss anything about his impending trip. Leia had forbidden any sad talk on a day that was supposed to be a celebration.

Jag arrived cake in hand, followed closely by his parents, and his sister. Soontir and Syal hung up their jackets, while Wyn ran around the condo trying to get the grand tour before the party started. Everyone was starting to arrive for the birthday party, and as such the pile of presents was growing fast. Jag placed the cake on the kitchen counter while his parents began to mingle with the increasing number of guests. Jag made his way upstairs to his bedroom, where he was sure Jaina was getting ready.

He walked into their bedroom, and found her fixing her hair in the bathroom.

“Are you coming downstairs?” he asked

“Yes.” She answered shortly

“Okay, well everyone is starting to arrive, and I’m sure your mother will be coming up here soon to see why you aren’t socializing.”

“I’m sure she will. I won’t take too long.” Jaina answered distractedly.

“Jaina, are you okay? You’ve barely said anything to me since I told you about the mission.”

“I’m fine.”

“Are you sure?” Jag asked

“I am currently trying to suppress any feelings about the mission that I have because my mother will have my head if I ruin our childrens’ first birthday party with my brooding. Yes I am a little pissed, but not really at you. I am trying to cope with the fact that you are leaving and the fact that I don’t know when you are coming back. I am trying to figure out what I am supposed to tell our children when they ask where daddy is, why daddy isn’t home, and when daddy will be home. I’m not mad at you, I’m mad that the government you work for decided to make you do something that isn’t even close to your job description. I’m mad that I’m being a selfish wife about everything whining about how my husband is leaving when a lot of people don’t have a husband who will ever be coming back to them. That is what is bothering me right now. Of course, my mother being outside the door ready to break it down due to her impatience isn’t helping either.”

“You know I wouldn’t be going on this mission if I had a choice.” Jag explained.

“Yes, I know.” She said as she felt her mother enter the room.

“Jaina, there are people waiting for the festivities to begin. Most of them don’t know about the situation that you guys are facing, so lets keep our cards close to our chests shall we?”

Jaina and Jag walked down the stairs into the living area where the party was taking place. Among the guests present was the entire Solo family, Luke, Mara, and Ben, the Horns’, the Celchus’, the Antilles’, Tahiri, Kyp Durron, Zekk, Soontir, Syal, and Wyn, a few of Jaina’s jedi friends including Tesar, Lowie, Kam and Tionne, and of course Tenel Ka.

The guests sat in the living area in a big circle around the twins as well as Jag and Jaina. They were getting ready to bring the cake in when there was a knock at the door.

Leia rose quickly to go open the door. She ushered someone in quickly who Jaina recognized as the photographer who had covered their wedding.

Jaina looked at her mother, “You hired a photographer?”

Leia looked surprised at her daughter’s reaction, “Well of course I did. There are people who will be wanting to see holos from this day. Also, I’m sure that some of the people in attendance will want copies as well. These holos can also be useful in future years.”

“Are the holos going to be released to the public?” Jaina asked

“Not if you don’t want them to be.” Leia said

“Oh alright.” Jaina said conceding.

The twins covered in cake, toddled towards their large pile of presents. Jaina and Jag sat on the floor in front of the pile of presents, getting ready to hand the twins presents to be opened. There were presents from every person in attendance, including extra special gifts for the twins from their respective hold parents. The photographer hovered around the group taking pictures of the twins while they ripped the paper off of the boxes.

Mara chuckled as she watched her hold daughter rip the wrapping paper. “I’m surprised that she knows what to do.” She commented, “Ben had no idea what to do when it was his first birthday.”

“He must take after his father then.” Mirax commented.

“Ouch.” Luke said reacting to Miraxs’ one liner.

Mara snickered, “Unfortunately I think our son did inherit his intellect from his father, but I’d bet that he will get his whit from me.”

“That’s a scary thought.” Han commented.

“One of these days Solo, I will get you.”

“Yea right, is it going to be anytime this millenia?”

“Children, can we please stop bickering? In case you haven’t noticed there is a party going on.” Tahiri said to the adults.

Han was about to comment until he saw his grandson getting up to walk over to where Jacen was moving the boxes.

“Isn’t that typical. You buy the kid a nice present, and all he wants is to play in the box.” Han commented

“Had we known that, we all could have saved ourselves some money.” Jag added.

“Instead here we are with a mound of presents, which won’t get played with as long as we have the boxes.” Jaina said

“I think it just looks like a mound of presents because there are two very large ones at the bottom of the pile.”

“Are you telling me that someone was actually smart enough to pool their resources?” Han commented

“It almost insults me that you think we aren’t smart enough to do that.” Kyp commented

“Now I have to see what these big presents are.” Jaina said as she moved over to the pile to pull the two larges boxes out of it.

She started opened the first box.

“Is that really what I think it is?” she asked astounded.

“Depends what you think it is.”

“I think that looks very much like a smaller scale replica of an x-wing….one that looks rideable.”

“Sometimes you’re sharper than you look Jaina.” Kyp said while ignoring the blasterbolts stare he got from her.

“That says to me that the second box contains…”

“A rideable, small scale model of a chiss clawcraft. Don’t Jedi ever work? You must have entirely too much time on your hands to be able to get these. “

“Well seeing as we’ve been spending the last few months working on them.”
    Jaina examined the buttons, displays, and controls on the x-wing. She reached out to press an alarm button. She shut her eyes when the alarm sounded.

“Oh force, you didn’t build them with functioning controls, alarms, and displays did you?”
    Kyp grinned.

“You know, if you’re going to make my children gifts for the sole purpose of annoying us then I think I’m going to have to find new hold parents for my kids.”

Mara looked indignant.

“Oh don’t look at me like that, I know you had as big a role in this as they did.” Jaina told her aunt.

“It was Durron’s idea. I merely agreed with him for the first time in 20 years.” Mara explained.

“If these things have repulsors or some sort of contraption that allows movement you’re all dead.”

“No, we didn’t go that far. We figured that the noise would be enough.” Zekk said.

“Good, because I’d hate to ruin our friendship over a moveable small scale, noisemaking replica of an x-wing and clawcraft.”

Jag saw Hadrian walking towards the big box. Jag opened it all the way to allow Hadrian to see the clawcraft. Somehow he found the way into the cockpit of the clawcraft and began pressing buttons.

Kyp and the gang – including Jag – could barely contain their laughter as Hadrian gleefully pressed the buttons, squealing in delight as the clawcraft made noise.

“You’re all going to get it. I don’t know when, and I don’t know how. One day, I will get all of you back.”

“Jaina, at least Halia doesn’t have an interest in it at the moment. I think she has more of a desire to go for a nap.”

Jaina and Jag looked over at their daughter who was falling asleep in Mara’s arms.

“I’ll bring her upstairs.” Jag said walking over to Mara to pick up Halia.

“If Hala’s tired, I’m sure Had will be soon too. We might as well try to get them asleep at the same time.”

Han got up off the sofa, “I’ll get him Jaina. He can’t resist grandpa Han.”

Jaina smiled at her Dad, “Thanks.” She said.

The party wrapped up relatively quickly after the twins were put to bed. Jaina left the few unopened gifts for them to open when they woke up. Kyp, Jacen, Tenel Ka, Tahiri, as well as Han and Leia stuck around to help them get everything cleaned up and organized. Jag still had some packing to do.

Kyp walked over to Jaina and pulled her aside. “What’s going on?”

“I’ll be fine.”

“I’m sure you will, but what’s going on? You’re very emotional right now.”

“Well it is the first birthday of my children, and the last day I’ll be seeing my husband in a long time.”

Kyp looked taken aback, “What? Where is he going?”

“You didn’t know? Jag got called to the Unknown Regions on a classified mission of unknown length.”

“Well isn’t that kriffing convenient?”

“My thoughts exactly.” Jaina said rolling her eyes

“I’m guessing he already tried talking to his father?” Kyp asked

“Sure did, as expected it was an epic fail.”

“Well that explains why you are really emotional today.” Kyp observed.

“Yea, not having him around is going to take a lot of getting used to.” Jaina admitted.

“You know I’m always here to help you.”

“Trust me, I will no doubt be taking you up on that offer.” Jaina said chuckling.

The next morning, Jaina and Jag left the twins with Leia before heading to the GFFA docking bay. Jag was on his way out to his mission in the Unknown Regions. Jag watched as the Chiss ship landed in the docking bay. The ramp came down, and the General signalled that it was
    time to go.

Jag turned around to look at Jaina.

“I love you Jaina. Tell the twins everyday that Daddy loves them.”

“I will Jag. Be safe, because if you get killed I’ll kick your butt. I love you.”

Jag leaned down to kiss his wife. Jaina melted against him as he wrapped his arms around her.

Jaina stepped back from Jag. “If I don’t let you go now, you won’t be going at all.”

Jag smirked, “That’s fine by me.”

“Somehow I think the CEDF won’t agree.” Jaina said trying to make a joke.

Jag nodded, picked up his bag, and walked toward the waiting transport.

Jaina tried her hardest not to cry.

mulberry and Gemma like this.
  2. Jedi_QueenBee

Jedi_QueenBee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2008
    YAY! this is back up!!!

Can't wait for more on How Jaina is going to be a mother without Jag...

3. MaraJade1225

Mar 29, 2004
    Here is my next chapter, as always I own nothing. Enjoy![\b]

Chapter 29

Jaina had left work early with a bout of the flu. She hadn’t really been feeling well since Jag left, but she attributed that to stress. She hadn’t exactly had much time to get used to the idea of being a single mother before it was thrust upon her. Her job was supposed to be part time, and her source of stress relief. Instead they seemed to keep piling data files on her desk meaning she was working as much overtime as she could manage in order to try and keep up.

Wedge had been shocked when she had told him that she was going home.

“Really? You never get sick. I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve seen you sick in your life.”

“Well, add one to the count, although I’m sure that stress might have something to do with it.”

Wedge nodded, “If you need someone to take the twins, just give us a call.”

Jaina smiled, “Thanks Wedge, I’ll see you tomorrow.”

Jaina commed Mara quickly to tell her that she was going home, and to ask if the twins could stay at their place until after Jaina had a nap.

“I think I’m is desperate need of a nap.” Jaina explained

“No problem, the kids are sleeping anyways. Just comm me when you wake up.”

The walk from work to her apartment seemed longer than usual. No one really cared that she was walking around Mon Cal anymore, they got over that shortly after her anniversary. It made walking to work each morning a little easier, and slightly more bearable.

The apartment was empty, that in itself was a rarity. The twins’ toys were strewn all over the nursery and third level. It at least looked like someone lived in those areas. Leia who usually stopped by mid-day to do some tidying up had kept the rest of the apartment clean while Jaina was at work.

Jaina stopped in the doorway of Jags’ office. The desk was neat. Everything was stored in its proper place, which only happened before Jag took off on a business trip. He had already been gone a week. Jaina hadn’t really focused on the fact that Jag was gone, she was simply trying to get herself through each day. She had expected to be handling his absence better, but she was really having a hard time emotionally with him being gone. This wasn’t like before, she couldn’t bury herself in work to avoid dealing with her emotions, and she had toddlers to take care of.

She closed the door and walked into her bedroom. She changed out of her work clothes and crawled into bed.

When Jaina awoke several hours later, she glanced at the chrono. It was 1700 hours; she had been asleep for over 5 hours. She then remembered that the twins were at Luke and Mara’s place. She immediately went to her office on the second level to use the comm station. She was startled when she heard the sounds from one of the kids’ noisy birthday presents. She followed the sound and saw Mara sitting in the living room with the twins and their toys.

“Jaina, did Had wake you?”

“No actually, I didn’t hear a thing until I came down the stairs. I was just going to call you.”

“I figured that it would likely be better for me to bring them back over here, that way if you weren’t feeling well after your nap then I could feed and bathe them for you.” Mara explained

“That’s very thoughtful of you.”

“I know how difficult this is Jaina, and I only had one skycrawler.” Mara said smirking.

Jaina chuckled, “Yea, I guess you’re right. Have they eaten yet?”

“I was giving you another half an hour to wakeup, or I was going to be feeding them myself.”

“I’ll make supper for us. Would you mind getting their clean clothes and bibs from downstairs? I haven’t had much of a chance to get the laundry organized.”

Mara chuckled, “No problem.”

Mara started walking downstairs, and Jaina started towards the kitchen.

She was pulling the ingredients for supper out of the cooling unit, and the twins were doing an awesome job of making sure that her headache got worse.

“Hadrian honey, could you stop playing in the clawcraft? Momma’s got a headache.”

Halia took this as an invitation to start playing in the x-wing as well.

Jaina’s head began to pound worse than it had been all day. She placed the food on the counter and pinched the bridge of her nose. She started walking over to the kitchen table to sit down.

She suddenly felt light headed, and everything went black.

Mara was folding the twins pyjamas on the first level when she heard the twins making noise in their birthday presents. She smirked knowing how annoyed Jaina was when they opened the boxes the week before. Suddenly she felt something seriously wrong with Jaina. She bolted up the steps to the second level, turned the corner and saw Jaina lying in the kitchen.

She grabbed her commlink off her belt. “Skywalker, get over here right now. I’m not kidding.”

She ran over to Jaina and knelt down beside her. She placed her hand on Jaina’s forehead in an attempt to rouse her.

“C’mon Jaina, wake up.”

Jaina began to stir just as Luke burst through the door.

Mara turned to look at Luke who had as close to a panic stricken look as would be seen on the face of Luke Skywalker. “That was fast!” Mara commented

“When you say my last name, get over here right now, and not kidding in the same breath….I move.”

“Jaina, c’mon sweetie.” Mara encouraged her.

Luke jogged over to her, “What the kriff happened here?”

“I was downstairs getting some clean clothes for the twins and I felt something wrong. I came upstairs and I found her lying here.”

“Mara…” Jaina said weakly

“Welcome back Jaina.” Luke said.

Jaina’s eyes opened quickly when she heard Luke’s voice. “What are you doing here?”

“Well your aunt called me over when she found you lying in the middle of the kitchen floor. What happened?”

Luke and Mara helped Jaina sit up on the floor, “Well I haven’t really been feeling good for the past few days. I came home at lunch because I had a monster headache and an upset stomach. Well apparently the twins birthday presents were just in that right frequency to make my head pound worse. Last thing I remember was feeling lightheaded.”

Luke looked a little perplexed. “Do you mind if I call Tekli over here? She’s on planet this week to help with some new healer students.”

“Sure, no problem.” Jaina said watching Luke as he walked away to use his comm.

“Do you want anything to drink?” Mara asked.

“No, I’m fine.” Jaina answered.

“You can just stay seated until Tekli gets here,” Mara said bringing a chair over to where Jaina was, “I’ll take care of dinner for the twins.”

Jaina did what she was told and stayed seated at the kitchen table until Tekli arrived. She didn’t exactly feel like moving much after what had just happened. The twins were being fed beside her by Luke and Mara, and thankfully were behaving like angels. Mara did double duty as soon as the doorbell rang and Luke went to let Tekli in.

Tekli took Jaina over to the sofa to run some simple tests. She had her portable analyzer with her making it possible to give results almost immediately.

The twins were just finishing up their supper when the alarm on Tekli’s machine rang. She glanced at the screen and back at Jaina.

“What is it?” Jaina asked sounding a little concerned.

“Is it what I think it is?” Luke asked.

“Not at all Master Skywalker.” Tekli answered.

“What is it then?” Jaina asked again, sounding a little more impatient.

Tekli looked at the results screen again.

“Jaina, you’re pregnant.”

Jaina’s face sank visibly. Mara ran over to her and put her arm around her. Jaina buried her head in her aunts’ shoulder and began to cry.

“Thank you Tekli.” Luke said to the Chadra-fan healer before walking her to the door.

Luke commed Leia, “Hello?” Leia answered.

“Leia, I don’t mean to worry you but you need to come over to Jaina’s right away.”

“What? What’s wrong?” Leia asked concerned

“She just got some pretty big news, and you need to be here.” Luke said.

“Is it about Jag?” Leia asked guessing.

“Not directly. I think Jaina is going to need all of us, so I am going to get Ben and pack an overnight bag.”

“Alright, I’ll be right over.”

When Leia arrived, Jaina still hadn’t moved from the spot she had been in when Tekli had given her the news. Mara was sitting beside her rubbing her back while the twins were sleeping in their playpens.

Mara turned her head to look at Leia when she walked through the door.

Leia walked over to the sofa and sat on the opposite side of her daughter.

“Luke just called me. What’s going on?”

“Well I passed out in the kitchen earlier, so uncle Luke had Tekli come over to run some tests.”

“And, what did the results say?”

Jaina wiped her eyes and looked at her mother, “I’m pregnant.”

Leia’s eyes widened in happiness, and then she realized why Jaina was upset.

“Oh baby, it’s going to be alright. We’re all here for you, and we’ll do anything you want.”

“I think the stress from everything just got to be too much.”

“I have a suggestion.” Mara said.

“What’s that?” Leia asked

“She got put on bedrest last time because of stress, and she will be in a very stressful environment if she stays here. Once the holo-reporters get a hold of this story it’s going to be hell for her. Maybe we should consider moving her back to Ossus for the remainder of her pregnancy.”

“What do you think Jaina?”

“I’m not looking forward to what will happen once the holo-press finds out. Ossus is a much better environment for me to be in.”

“How quickly should we move?” Leia asked

“We should pool our resources and try to get off planet as soon as possible.” Mara answered

“There would be minimal amounts of things to move from here to Ossus. We have duplicates of almost everything. We can grab what we need, and everything else can stay here.” Han added

“We should really call Wedge and let him know what is happening.”

“Who else should we call to help with this?”

“Kyp, Jacen, Tahiri, Iella?”

“I’ll make some calls.” Mara said, as Jacen burst through the door.

Everyone looked up when Jacen came in.

“What happened? I felt something wrong with Jaina.”

“What the kriff took you so long?” Mara asked.

“I was pretty far away. Then I needed to find a speeder since it was much more practical than running all the way here.” Jacen explained.

“Well, that makes one less call I have to make.” Mara said as she headed for the comm unit.

“No one answered my question.” Jacen pointed out.

“Let’s just put it this way Jacen, something happened and as a result we found out that you’re going to be an uncle again.”

Jacen’s eyes widened, “No way.”

“Yes way. Only this time instead of the diagnosis causing fainting, fainting caused the diagnosis.”

“Okay, so why is Mara making calls?”

“We’re rounding up the troops. We’re getting Jaina off Mon Cal.”

“That’s a very good idea. We don’t need her walking around with a security detail all the time.”

“I think being back on Ossus will be a good change for us.” Jaina admitted.

“Okay, so how pregnant are you?” Jacen asked.

“No idea. I’m sure once we get back on Ossus that Cilghal will be able to tell me. I wasn’t really up for more tests once Tekli dropped this news in my lap.”

“I would imagine it came as a shock.”

“I had no idea. That’s two pregnancies that I had no idea existed until I was diagnosed. At least this time I had some symptoms, last time there were no signs.”

Mara came back into the living room in the middle of their conversation.
    “I thought it was odd that you hadn’t been feeling well for a couple days in a row. I’ve never seen you sick more than one day in your life.”

“She gets that from her old man.” Han said as he and Luke entered the apartment.

“Our bags are packed, we can leave whenever we need to.”

Jaina looked puzzled, “Why would you need to pack your bags too?”

“We’re all coming with you. I can’t speak for Jacen, but your father and myself, as well as Luke and Mara are going with you.”

“Count me in too.” Kyp said coming through the door.

“Me too.” Tahiri said from behind Kyp.

“What is this secretive meeting about?” Wedge asked as he lead Iella through the door.

“Well sir, I need to ask for some leave.” Jaina said.

“Why would that be Colonel?” Wedge asked in his best military voice.

“Well, I’m going to be leaving the planet for a while.”

Wedges’ eyebrow raised, “How long?”

“Well, approximately nine months.”

Iella gasped, “No! You’re pregnant?”

“Was this planned? Because if it was I’m going to go all the way to Csilla and find some way to get my nephew home.”

“No, it was as much of a surprise as the twins were.”

“So he has no idea that…”

“None. I myself just found out an hour ago.” Jaina explained.

“Well, leave granted. What’s this about leaving the planet?”

“This is where we need your help.” Mara explained. “We need to get her off planet fairly quickly, and relatively undetected. The holo-press will have a field day if they find out about this, and seeing as Jaina has already had a stress episode she doesn’t need the additional stress.”

Iella was the first to add; “I think that getting her off planet relatively undetected will be easy. We can just do the old bait and switch a few blocks from the docking bay in case anyone is watching.”

“As far as getting stuff ready to leave,” Kyp added, “what stuff do we need to pack?”

“Clothes for the twins, some toys, a few essentials for myself, some clothes, things for work.”

“The clawcraft and x-wing toys?”

“No kriffing way Durron.”

Gemma likes this.
  4. MaraJade1225

Mar 29, 2004
    Hey everyone! Here is the next chapter. Might be a while before I get to post next, I just started Chiropractic College last week....so I'm pretty busy. I do have other chapters in the works, it's just a matter of getting to sit down and type them all out. For now, enjoy Chapter 30!

Chapter 30

The next morning everyone was up early. The planning hadn’t taken as long as expected, thanks in part to the brilliant minds that were Mara Jade-Skywalker, and Iella Wessiri-Antilles. Everything that was going to be taken was packed up, and the whole family was given their specific instructions. Kyp and Jacen made sure to sporadically move cargo to the respective ships throughout the night so they didn’t attract any attention. After a short trance, they were ready to proceed with the mission.

“Alright, so here is the plan that Iella and I came up with.” Mara began

Iella continued, “The first ship that is going to take off is the Goddess, no one knows that it belongs to you, so it is very likely to get by without a second glance. Jaina, you and the twins will be accompanied on the Goddess by Jacen, Tahiri, and Kyp. You will all use your disguises to get to the docking bay just in case. Ghent once again supplied us with transponder codes just in case, and we know that his work is quite reliable.”

“You will fly straight to Ossus, whereas the Falcon, and the Shadow will lay false trails by flying towards Munto Codru, and changing directions after a short hyperspace jump in that direction. The Falcon and Shadow will leave as soon as you are out of Mon Cal’s atmosphere. The media should take notice then, if they take notice at all.”

“I hope they don’t” Kyp said.

“Don’t worry,” Iella told them, “I’ll be watching the Holo-net feeds. If they start to realize or think that Jaina is gone off planet, I’ll deploy her decoy.”

“We already know that even if they do try to find us on Ossus, they’ll never be able to find where it is. The force illusions are far to strong for anyone who is not trained to see through.”

“I think we have covered everything. So if the crew who is going on the Goddess would don their disguises, we’ll be ready to get off this rock.” Mara told them.

Jaina, Jacen, Kyp, Tahiri, and the twins made their way down to the first level of the building. Luckily, the owners of the building had been slow with any renovations. This meant that the change rooms that were used when Jaina and Jag first moved to Mon Cal were still available. This made it possible for them to enter at one end of the room looking like themselves, and exit at the other end looking like completely different people.

The emerged from the room, and no one seemed to pay them any mind. The walk to the docking bay was fairly short, and there was no suspicious activity. Jaina flashed her I.D. badge when she reached the docking bay, which prompted the guard to scan her biometrics.

“Have a pleasant trip Colonel.” The guard said briefly after confirming her identity.

“That seemed too easy.” Kyp commented.

“They don’t have any reason to think that Jaina will be leaving the planet. If they have all their spies out they will know that she was out and about as recently as yesterday afternoon.”

“They won’t start to think I’ve left until after mom and dad leave. Then Iella will have to work her magic.”

“She’ll do whatever she has to Jaina, we all know that.”

“Yes, and we love her for it.” Jaina added walking up the boarding ramp with the twins.

Kyp and Jacen were instructed to make sure everything was packed up while Jaina ran through the pre-flight. Once she was done, it was time to leave.

Jacen walked up behind her and put his hand on her shoulder. “You okay?” he asked

“You know I’m not.” She said.

“Everything is going to be alright you know.” He commented

“I don’t know that, and neither do you.”

“We are all here for you, and I know that Jag will be here when the baby is born. Call it my brotherly intuition.”

“I hope you are right.” Jaina said softly, lifting the ship off the ground.

Mara watched the ship lift out of the docking bay, and make its way out of the Mon Calamari atmosphere. That was their cue.

The remaining members of the Skywalker-Solo clan made their way to their more public docking bay together. Mirax, and Wedge decided not to accompany them to the docking bay, so they didn’t make anyone suspicious.

They didn’t seem to attract much attention on the way, only a few second glances from curious residents.

“Reporter dead ahead.” Mara whispered.

Luke looked up to see a holo reporter walking toward them.

He smiled at them, “Hello everyone! Where are we going today?” he asked cheerfully.

Leia answered, “We have some business to take care of off planet.”

“And we are going on a vacation.” Luke added

“Where to?” the reporter asked.

“As much as I love admirers, I think I’d prefer to not be stalked while I’m on my vacation.” Mara commented

“We attract enough attention without the holo-net warning planets of our impending arrival.” Han added.

“Where are your children this fine morning?”

“In case you haven’t noticed, mine is right here.” Mara said dryly.

“I was referring to the Solo twins.”

“Jaina is at home with the twins, and Jacen is probably working.”

“So this isn’t a full family mission?” he prodded.

“No, I think it would be slightly difficult to complete a mission with 1 year old twins.”

“I hate to cut this interview short, but we really must be going. I have a resort reservation calling my name.” Mara said before walking off toward the docking bay.

“We also must be going, we have a tight schedule.” Leia added, heading off in the same direction.

Once they boarded their ships, Mara sent Iella the signal to ready Jaina’s decoy.

Jaina woke from her trance shortly before the Goddess reverted back to sublight speed. She began hailing Ossus for an approach vector.

Jaina guided the ship into the atmosphere, and set it down with the rest of the personal spacecraft. She looked behind her, where Jacen and Kyp were getting the twins ready to disembark. She cut the engines, lowered the ramp, and made her way outside.

Tionne and Kam were waiting for her in the hangar. Her speeder remained parked where she had left it almost a year ago. Jacen and Kyp unloaded the cargo, while Tahiri took the twins down to the speeder.

Tionne approached Jaina, “Welcome back Jedi Solo.” She said wrapping Jaina in a hug.

“Thanks Tionne. I think I wish it were under better circumstances.”

“Nonsense, you know this is the best place for a new life to develop. Congratulations by the way.”

“Thanks. I’m still processing the news.”

“I have Cilghal standing by. She is able to see you whenever you are ready.”

“You can comm her and tell her that I’ll be right over. I think I have enough help with the twins for now.” Jaina told Tionne.

It was going to take multiple trips to the house before everything was transported, but Jaina knew that there would be enough help. She also felt confident that she would be able to leave the twins with Tahiri for an hour or so. Knowing everything was taken care of, Jaina made her way to the healers ward.

When Jaina arrived, she was welcomed by Cilghal’s presence.

“Welcome back Jaina. I hear congratulations are in order!”

“They are, even though I’m still not quite used to the idea yet.”

“Tekli sent me over the results of the tests she performed on Mon Cal, and everything seems to be in order. I will perform those tests again to ensure that they are correct, and then we’ll find out how far along you are.”

“Sounds good.” Jaina said as Cilghal motioned her inside the exam room.

Cilghal took no time to confirm Tekli’s diagnosis. Jaina was indeed expecting again.

“Does Jag know?” the Mon Cal healer inquired

“No, he left on a mission the week before I found out.

“When is he due back?”

“No idea.”

“Hmmm.” Cilghal said.

“My reaction was a little more colourful than that.”

“Well, you have a very healthy little baby by the looks of it. Looks like you are about 12 weeks along.”

“I’ll be Kesseled.”

Cilghal looked at Jaina curiously.

“We were on Csilla 12 weeks ago. Jag’s mom joked about building the guest house and possibly getting more grandchildren out of it.”

“Looks like Syal Fel knew something we didn’t.”

“I guess she did. I wish that her predictive skills could have let me know that I was going to be alone and pregnant for who knows how long. ”

“Have you told them yet?” Cilghal asked.

“No, I haven’t had a chance to speak with them yet. I’m sure they’ll be in touch soon. They’ll call my place on Mon Cal, and they’ll reach me here. I have the comm unit forwarded from Mon Cal to here. They won’t realize that I’m on Ossus unless I call them.”

“How often do they try and reach you?”

“Once a week or so, but I’m sure if Jag is away then Soontir is busy.”

“I’m sure they will be overjoyed when you decide to tell them.” Cilghal said reassuringly.

“I’m sure they will be.”

“Are we finished?” Jaina asked

“I think so. I’ll give you some prenatal vitamins to take, and I’ll want to see you for a checkup every few weeks. You know that if you have any problems, just come and see me.”

“Thank you Cilghal.”

Jaina stopped by the docking bay on her way back to her house. She saw her parents, her aunt, uncle, and cousin standing near their ships. Leia looked up as she felt her daughter enter the hangar.

“How was your trip?” Leia asked

“Uneventful, and yours?” Jaina answered.

“We got some holo net attention.” Mara informed her.

Jaina looked curious. “How much attention?”

“Enough that they asked us where you were, and where we were going.” Han added.

“I got Iella to put your decoy on standby just in case.” Mara added.

“We’ll have to keep an eye on the holo-net report later on.” Leia pointed out

“Where are the twins?” Han asked.

“With Jacen, Kyp, and Tahiri. I just went for a checkup.”

“And?” Mara asked

“Healthy baby by the looks of it. I’m already into my second trimester.”

“You were that pregnant and didn’t notice?” Leia commented.

“Well, I hadn’t really been feeling good lately but I never thought to check that.”

“I can’t believe that you didn’t realize you were missing an old friend every...”Mara asked.

“Trust me, I didn’t notice.” Jaina said cutting her off.

“Well, the good news is, you have a healthy baby so far.”

“Now we just have to hope that Jag is back before I pop.” Jaina commented

“He’ll be back,” Han said, “even if I have to go out to the unknown regions and drag him back myself.”

“Dad, somehow I think the Chiss wouldn’t like you if you did that.”

“They already don’t like me, so what’s the big difference?”

Mara snorted trying to keep in her laughter.

Jaina made her way back to her house with the rest of her family. They were all heading to their respective houses, so they dropped Jaina off at her house on the way.

Jaina walked in the house, and didn’t hear a sound. She looked around for any sign of the kids. She walked into the living room, and let out the breath she didn’t know she was holding. On one of the couches lay Jacen sleeping with Hadrian beside him. The other couch had Tahiri cuddled up with Halia. Jaina looked around for Kyp. She reached out through the force, and felt him upstairs.

Jaina made her way to where his presence was. She walked up the stairs, and rounded the corner to where the nursery was. She saw Kyp in the room assembling a crib.

He turned around almost startled.

“How was your appointment?” he asked trying to calm himself down.

“Good I guess.”

“How is the baby?” he asked

“Healthy as can be, and a third of the way done in the oven.”

“So in 6 more months there will be another little Fel running around?”

“Looks that way.”

Kyp smiled.

“May I ask what you are doing?” Jaina said

“Well I figured that since the twins aren’t used to sleeping in here anymore, that you might want to move them to a different room before they get too accustomed to this one.”

“Okay, and what is the crib for?”

“You’ve got enough on your plate now, especially with Jag gone. So I thought that I would do you a favour and set up the new nursery for you.”

Jaina looked like she was about to cry.

“Don’t cry Jaina. If you don’t like it, I won’t do it.” Kyp said trying to keep her from sobbing.

“No, it’s not that Kyp. I love it, and I love that you are doing this for me.”

Kyp smiled, “Well hell, that’s my holdson’s little sibling in there. I need to make sure that it gets the right digs.”

“That is wonderful of you Kyp, and don’t mind the tears…. it’s the hormones.”

“Sure it is.” Kyp said smirking.

“Let me know if you need help.” Jaina said rolling her eyes as she left him alone to do some work.

Jaina walked back to the top of the staircase and saw that the twins were still asleep. She decided that it would be a good time to take a nap. The stress of the last couple days was really draining her of any extra energy, and the baby wasn’t helping either.

She walked to her bedroom, and opened the door. She hadn’t seen this room in nearly a year, but she felt like she was home. The condo on Mon Cal was a beautiful place -albeit extravagant in size and set up- but she never really felt at home there. Her home on Ossus truly felt like home. It was the home she brought her newborn twins to after giving birth; it was her first home after becoming Jaina Solo-Fel, and it was the one place in the planet where she felt like she was untouchable.

She walked in the room, and looked at the bed. Her luggage was sitting at the foot of the bed. She opened up her dufflebag and pulled out her sleeping clothes. She changed into them, and crawled into bed.

Jaina awoke a few hours later thanks to the feeling that there was something warm beside her. She opened her eyes and was looking straight into the eyes of her daughter.

“Mama!” Halia squealed.

“Hi baby.” Jaina said still sleepy. “Where’s your brother?”

She heard the door open a little. She looked over to see Jacen standing in the doorway with Hadrian on his hip.

“Halia wanted to see her mom, so I let her in a few minutes ago. I hope she didn’t wake you.”

“It’s okay Jace. I needed to get up anyways.”

“How’s the baby?” he asked

“Healthy.”

“Any idea what you’re having yet?” Jacen asked

“Nope.” Jaina answered curtly, “Although last time I didn’t feel it until after I got back to Mon Cal.”

“Well as long as he or she is healthy, I’m happy.”

“I couldn’t agree more.” Jaina said.

“Mom came over while you were napping. She brought a whole load of food for you.”

“Food? Does she think I’m an invalid? I can cook for myself.”

“I think she is just trying to make sure that you stay as stress free as possible.”

“I’ll be stress free when Jag is on the same planet as I am.”

“I’m telling you, don’t worry about it! He’ll be back in time!” Jacen assured her.

“Did my little monsters keep you and Tahiri entertained while I was napping?”

“They always keep me entertained.”

“Did you know what Kyp was planning in the nursery?”

“Of course I did. We planned it out on the way from Mon Cal.”

“Oh. Thanks for that.” Jaina said smiling softly.

“Have you called your in-laws yet?” Jacen asked

“Have you called your girlfriend yet?” Jaina retorted.

“I won’t even make a hormone comment right now, because I would like to keep my limbs.”

Jaina glared at him, “Smart.”

“I am really just concerned about you. Maybe if they knew about the baby they could do something.”

“I don’t want him back because they feel sorry for me. I don’t need their pity. If Jag is out there on a mission it is because he is needed.”

“They wouldn’t necessarily be taking pity on you.”

“I know that Jacen, but there is a reason he is out there. I may not like it, but there has to be a reason. I already made him feel like dirt for leaving, I’m not going to be a whiny wife selfishly trying to get her husband back.”

“You and duty have become far too acquainted lately you know.” Jacen commented

“You make it sound like we’ve had a conscious choice throughout our lives.”

“We did, we had our choice and we made it.” He pointed out.

“Now we just have to live with it.” She added. “Although, none of us have it as bad as Tenel Ka.”

“I knew that you would be mentioning her sometime. You’ve left me alone for too long.”

“How are you guys doing?”

“I suppose we’re doing as well as a secret forbidden relationship can.” Jacen mused

“You two are definitely caught between a rock and a hard place.”

“Tell me about it. It would all just be easier if I wasn’t a Jedi, or if she wasn’t the Queen.”

“And my life would be simpler if I wasn’t a Military Jedi, and Jag’s would be simpler if he wasn’t a Chiss ambassador. We all just have to make light of our difficult situations.”

Jacen smirked at his twin, “Here you are, pregnant, and caring for 1 year old twins without a husband around and you’re making me feel better? I think it should be the other way around.”

“Well, I suppose we can attribute it to my older sibling wisdom.” Jaina said watching her twins wander around her bedroom.

“Right.” Jacen answered sarcastically.

Gemma likes this.
  5. MaraJade1225

Mar 29, 2004
    Hey everyone!

I know it's been a while since I have updated this thread, and thanks to those who have stuck with me thus far. I am working on more chapters currently, however the timetable for their release is up in the air. I'm in grad school, so I have very little time to be writing...that being said I am taking every opportunity to write as much as I can. So please please bear with me while I take forever writing new chapters.

Thanks all!

MaraJ

6. TwinsinsThlee

TwinsinsThlee Jedi Padawan

Jul 1, 2011
    :) This is such a great story! I can't wait for more! If you have a PM list, I'd really like to be added to it!

7. JaDes_FiRe1225

JaDes_FiRe1225 Jedi Master

Nov 8, 2003
  8. MaraJade1225

Mar 29, 2004
    Okay...so yes, I have been completely and totally MIA since the move was completed. So to anyone who was following the story I apologize immensely. I have been up to my eyeballs in school work for the past 3 years, with very little opportunity to sleep, let alone write anything other than papers. That being said, school is winding down now...and I have more that I feel like writing. So if there is further demand for updates I can definitely try and get those out. If not I'll be posting the rest of what I have written over on fanfiction.net. I'll be writing more regardless, just depends if anyone wants to read it or not. :)

MaraJ1225

9. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    From what you've got here - I'm hooked. Please tag me in. I love how the whole family is pitching in to help Jaina. I loved the scene with toys (x-wing and clawcraft) and when Kyp was working on the crib. Sweet times!

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh delight! Delight! I'll catch up over at ff.net. Then continue from here. Ooooh, J/J goodness. [face_dancing] MaraJade1225 - could you please PM me the story link? :)

11. MaraJade1225

Mar 29, 2004
    Alright, for those of you who haven't read most of the story, there is another thread with the first 26 chapters...however for some reason there is a formatting issue and the complete chapter hasn't been showing. I am working on getting that fixed so you guys can read it. That forum is here http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...-march-4th-2010.28040963/page-2#post-30795446 . For those who want to follow on ff.net, here is the link for that : https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1453245/1/In-Her-Shoes . I only have the first 16 chapters up on there, but I'm working on posting the other ones. So between the first forum here and ff.net, you guys should be able to catch up.

Thanks All!

MJ1225

12. MaraJade1225

Mar 29, 2004
    So an update on the first thread that houses the first 27 chapters of this story....all the formatting has been fixed so every chapter should be available in its entirety. So if you are looking to read the first 27 chapters, check out the post above for the link.

Thanks everyone!

13. IceFire27

IceFire27 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 16, 2007
    So after a marathon read I have re-caught up :) I love the story and can't wait to read more! I hope school has improved and your work load has decreased. Stress/lack of sleep are not our friends. Hope to see more sooner rather then later. [face_praying]

14. mulberry

mulberry Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 20, 2009
    This is fun and I am enjoying it.

In the entry at the top of the page, "“Of course I’m sure. You have been given an order by a subordinate officer, you have to comply.” Jaina said."

Should that not be "superior officer"? At first I though Jaine was teasing him about weak rank of the person who recalled him but then I realized it was a typo.

I hope it is OK to point that out. :)

MaraJade1225 likes this.
  15. MaraJade1225

Mar 29, 2004
    Hey all,

I'm working on getting another post up soon. I moved back home a few months ago, and have been trying to get myself organized ever since. So, I'm still working on new content whenever I get the chance. So to everyone who is still reading, thank you! Sit tight, and I should have some stuff ready very soon.

MJ1225

mulberry likes this.
  16. MaraJade1225

Mar 29, 2004
    So here, at long last is the next chapter in the story. I'm slowly working on more. So enjoy!

Chapter 31

The first month and a half that Jag had been gone had been interesting to say the least. After finding out she was expecting again, Jaina was whisked off to Ossus to get away from the potential media zoo that surely would present itself on Mon Cal.

Since arriving on Ossus nearly a month prior, Jaina had been quite occupied trying to raise her 1-year-old force sensitive twins.

The media on Mon Cal had been rather oblivious to her departure, although they were quite aware of the fact that the rest of her family had left the planet. Iella had left the Jaina look-a-like on standby in case the media began to notice.

Jaina had begun teaching classes to the younger Jedi while she was still not showing. The younger Jedi didn’t quite have the ability to sense a developing life in utero, and this meant that Jaina didn’t run the risk of exposure. The older Jedi knew that she was on planet, but were as of yet unaware of the situation. She knew that eventually she was going to have to reveal everything to the younger knights, but had not discussed the subject with her uncle, aunt, and mother yet. She still had a month of so before she would begin to show.

In the meantime she was working on her lesson plan for classes for the next week when her mother entered her office.

“Hi mom, coming over to check on me?” Jaina asked.

“Yes and no.”

“Oh?” Jaina said curiously.

“I was actually coming to ask you if you wanted to release the pictures that were taken at Halia and Hadrian’s birthday last month.”

“Why now?” Jaina asked.

“Well I thought that there had been a decent gap since the party, and the interest would be at a very high level.”

“Mom, we’re trying to keep the press off our backs and here you are almost inviting them to jump on.”

“Winter is predicting that there won’t be much said about you and Jag, but that there will be more of a fuss made over the twins.”

“How exactly is that supposed to make me feel better?”

“Jaina, GFFA weekly has offered to release the photographs again. This could give the public the footage that they want, and prevent any large media storm.”

“Or it could do the complete opposite.” Jaina added “I love Winter and I hate to second guess her, but in this case I think she is wrong. I have a feeling that there will be a huge backlash over the release of these pictures.”

“Or it could do the complete opposite.” Leia agreed. “In any case, no one knows where the Jedi Temple is. This means that they won’t be able to find you. Besides, if for some reason the media goes ape over this, Iella has your look-a-likes on standby.”

Jaina sighed, “I know that you’re going to do it anyways, so you might as well go ahead and do it with my approval.”

“Don’t sound so enthusiastic Jaina.” Leia said.

“I’m just waiting for the next shoe to drop, that’s all.”

“There won’t be another shoe Jaina.” Leia assured her.

“There is always another shoe mom.”

When Jaina arrived home, she was tired and hungry. She walked in the door and was greeted with a very pleasant aroma. Hadrian waddled over to the door. She bent down to pick him up, and walked into the kitchen.

“Do you always let my children run rampant while I’m not home?” Jaina said, directing her inquiry to the red headed woman standing in front of the cooling unit.

Mara turned around, red-gold eyebrow arched. “Only when I know they can get in heaps of trouble like their mother.”

“Well I’m sure they’re learning a thing or two from their Aunt Mara.”

“Nope. I’m not the one who gets in trouble. That would be their Uncle Luke. I merely follow him around and clean up any messes that he gets himself into.” Mara informed her.

“Supper time?” Jaina asked hopefully.

“Yes, you came home at almost exactly the right time.”

“That’s what I like to hear.”

“Halia is upstairs with Jacen.” Mara said answering Jaina’s unanswered question.

“Did my mom ask you your opinion on the release of birthday photographs to the media?” Jaina asked curiously.

Mara’s eyes narrowed slightly. “No, why?”

“Apparently the offers are rolling in, and Winter is entertaining accepting one from GFFA Weekly.”

“And you sound worried.”

“I’m just a little concerned that releasing these pictures will give us the kind of attention that we don’t want.”

“Jaina, what it’s going to end up being is a complete roll of the dice. It’ll either go perfect and it will get a normal amount of attention, or everyone will go crazy. We know that no one is going to find you here, no one other than top military officials and our close family know that Jag is gone, and we can get you back on planet undetected in a second if need be.”

“So you think I’m basically just being a paranoid android?”

“Not at all. I think your concerns are quite valid. However, I do think that it is a risk that we need to take.”

Jaina sighed.

“I understand your reservations Jaina. I also know that you are safe here. We can let them go crazy on Mon Cal if that is what’s going to happen, but nothing is going to happen here.”

“I think I’m just on edge.”

Mara laughed, “Hormones will do that to you.”

“You’re right.” Jaina said sighing.

“Oh I know I’m right. When Iella and I concoct a plan, it is virtually fool proof. Releasing the photos eventually was part of our plan. They are just being released a little earlier than expected.”

“Do you think that the pictures will start another media storm?”

“I don’t think they will. If the media sees your decoy walking around all the time then they have no reason to go crazy.” Mara said.

“Well Winter says that they are being released so they can be part of the nightly news. So I guess we should watch the broadcast and monitor the situation.”

“You aren’t monitoring anything Jaina. You are stressed enough with how the situation is unfolding without knowing what the climate is like on Mon Cal. You leave this to the experts and take care of the new skycrawler in the making.” Mara advised her.

“You know that I hate this right?” Jaina conceded.

“We are well aware, however Iella and I love it. We don’t get nearly as much action as we used to so dammit, we’re going to enjoy ourselves.”

“Well then, who am I to ruin your fun.”

“Oh don’t worry. We wouldn’t let you ruin our fun even if you tried.” Mara said winking.

“What’s for dinner? My child is apparently in the mood for something that may still be bleeding.”

“Your daughter you mean.” Mara commented

“I haven’t even peeked to see what’s in there yet, and you better not have either.”

Mara held her hands up, “I know I’m a fan of having information, but even I wouldn’t dare peek. Others however may not value their lives that much.”

“Like my brother.” Jaina added watching her kids play on the kitchen floor.

“Hey, I’m just saying he peeked when I was pregnant with Ben. He was the first person other than Luke and myself who knew. Just lay the ground rules with him, and I’m sure he’ll listen.”

“Well, I don’t think I’ll have to worry much about it. He’s off visiting his girlfriend again.”

“He’s going to marry her.”

“He probably will.” Jaina agreed.

“How much would you freak if he came back from a trip and they just happened to be married?”

“That would be amazing. For once the focus wouldn’t be on my love life.”

“You’re right, but your mother would still kill him.” Mara pointed out.

“Yep. He’d be dead.”

The door chime rang just as Jaina was getting Hadrian dressed for the night. She and Mara had just finished bathing the twins. Not that Jaina needed the help as much anymore, but she wasn’t stupid enough to turn down a helping hand when one was offered.

“Want me to get it?” Mara asked with Halia on her hip.

“Sure. It’s Kyp.”

“If the holo rags could see you now.” Mara kidded.

Jaina snorted, “Don’t start that nonsense again.” She picked Hadrian up from the change table and positioned him on her hip. She came around the corner to the top of the stairs just as Kyp was walking through the door.

Mara handed Halia off to him. “Now that the shift change is here, I’d better go see what kind of trouble my husband and son have gotten themselves into.”

“Well, they are Skywalkers.” Jaina remarked.

“That’s exactly what I’m afraid of.” Mara said, giving Halia a kiss on the cheek and striding out the door.”

“How is Mama Bear feeling today?” Kyp asked

“Mama Bear is tired, but somehow managing to hold down the fort.”

“Were you aware that the pictures were being released today?”

“Yes, my mother came to ‘consult’ with me.” Jaina said, making a fake quotation mark gesture and taking a seat on the sofa.

“Even if you said no she was going to release them?” Kyp asked quizzically, joining her.

“That’s the impression that I got. Though I’m sure if I had major reservations she would have held off.”

“I’m guessing you saw the news report?” Kyp asked

“I did. It didn’t seem as bad as I thought.”

“Any word from Iella? What’s the situation been like on Mon Cal?”

“They are keeping a close eye on things. I don’t expect an issue, and I’m really hoping there isn’t one. I don’t really want to be going back there right now.”

“Oh c’mon Jay. You don’t miss having an elevator in your place?”

She snorted. “No, I much prefer to have to walk up the stairs to the only other floor that I have here.”

“Any word from Csilla.” Kyp asked cautiously, looking down at Halia sleeping against his chest.

Jaina sobered, “Nothing yet. I haven’t even talked to his parents yet. With the hormones I don’t think I’d be able to handle that conversation.”

“So they still have no idea that you’re no longer on Mon Cal?”

Jaina shook her head, “Or that I’m pregnant again. I’m sure they’ll be calling soon.”

“Or maybe they think you’re miffed that Jag is gone and don’t want to rub salt in the wound.”

“Oh, they know I’m miffed. It has only been 6 weeks, and it isn’t like he left me destitute. He’ll come back when he is able, which hopefully will happen soon. Until then I have more help than I could imagine. So in that respect I am pretty lucky.”

“My my Jaina Solo. That might be the most mature answer I have gotten out of you in a while.”

Jaina smiled. “I have my moments.”

“Guess having the twins really helps to put things in perspective.”

Jaina looked at Halia sleeping in Kyp’s arms, and down at Hadrian sleeping in hers. “It really does. I know they miss their daddy, and I miss him too. They’ll understand that he is out doing something that is important, otherwise he’d be home with us.”

“I have to say that all those years ago back on Hapes, I never thought that we’d be where we are now.”

“The force does have a funny way of leading us where we need to go.”

“Speaking of Hapes…how long until you are in-laws of the Royal Family.”

Jaina snorted, “Only Jacen and Tenel Ka know that one for sure.”

17. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    This is so adorable and so Mara. I enjoyed the conversation that follows with Mara and Jaina about her peaking to see the baby's sex - so cute. And about Jacen returning married that Leia would kill him.

I like seeing Kyp being one of the people helping Jaina out.

Please tag me for this. I found this entry tonight by pure accident.

18. MaraJade1225

Mar 29, 2004
    Oh Hey! Look! New Stuff!!

Tag List -
    Gemma

Chapter 32

Jaina stood in front of the mirror staring at herself. Now, into her 25th week of pregnancy, she had an obvious baby bump. One that nothing other than Jedi robes would be able to hide. She let out a frustrated yell.

“You okay honey?” Leia asked from the doorway to the master bedroom.

“Why is it that of all the clothes that I own, maternity wear included that nothing I own will make me look like less of a hutt?”

“You do not look like a hutt Jaina!”

“Well I feel like one, and my clothes barely fit. I’m an overgrown hutt!”

Leia chuckled softly. Jaina turned around to glare daggers at her laughing mother.

“I don’t see what’s funny about this.”

“What’s funny is that you barely had any of these moments while you were pregnant with the twins, and I was exactly the same way. When I was pregnant with Anakin though, completely different smashball game.”

“If you would recall, I was also on bedrest for what felt like an eternity so all I needed was clothes to lounge around in. Now I’m up at the Academy teaching classes.”

“Well it isn’t like you are trying to hide anything anymore. The bantha is out of the bag in that respect.”

“I just want to feel pretty in what I wear.” Jaina lamented.

Leia moved out of the door way and stood behind her daughter, “Jaina, believe me when I tell you that there is nothing more beautiful than someone who is growing another life inside of them. You may not feel beautiful right now, but you are glowing.”

“No offense mom, but it would be much nicer if I were hearing that statement from my husband.”

“You still haven’t heard anything?”

“Not a peep.”

“I’m sure you’ll hear something soon.” Leia assured her.

“We’ve been saying that for almost 3 months.”

“Well, on the bright side it will have to eventually be true.” Leia pointed out. Jaina gave her mother a sideways glance.

“How positive of you mother.” Jaina said sarcastically.

“Your brother is supposed to be back today.” Leia commented, attempting to change the subject.

“Is he bringing his girlfriend with him?” Jaina asked

“Well, I’m assuming not, since I am sure he doesn’t have one.”

“You know what they say about assume.” Jaina added.

“Jaina!” Leia exclaimed.

“I’m just saying mom. We all know there is something going on between those two. You might have new grandbabies that have Hapan lineage.”

“I don’t know about that one Jaina.”

“Mara and I are all over it. It’s going to happen before you know it.” Jaina pointed out. “Speaking of Jacen and Tenel Ka, what would you do if they eloped?”

“I’d be happy for them, after I wrung his neck for not allowing me to plan his wedding.”

Jaina grinned.

Later that day, Jaina watched as Jacen’s ship touched down on Ossus. She made her way up the ramp as soon as it opened. Jaina made her way to where her brother was standing. She walked into the cargo hold, just as he was removing a small object from his left ring finger.

“Shut the front door!” She yelled, causing an aloof Jacen to nearly jump out of his skin.

“Jaina! You scared the kriff out of me!” he said trying to calm himself back down.

“What did you just take off of your finger? Tell me you and Tee Kay didn’t elope!”

Jacen sighed, “It’s complicated.”

“Oh please. You either eloped or you didn’t.”

“It really is more complicated than that.” Jacen tried to convince her.

Jaina crossed her arms over her chest. “Well then, you’d better start explaining it to me.”

“Can we please discuss this somewhere other than my ship?” Jacen asked, close to pleading.

Jaina sighed, “Well I suppose that we can go to my house and hang out. Since I haven’t seen you in a few weeks. You had just better hope that Mom doesn’t come over.”

Jacen took a seat in Jaina’s living room. The twins were down for a nap, which gave them some time to talk.

“Okay, so what exactly is so complicated about this situation?”

“Well, I proposed to Tenel Ka.” Jacen began

“I can’t say that I’m surprised.” Jaina said dryly

“Am I that predicatable?” Jacen asked.

“Yes you are. Now go on.”

“I proposed to her, and she said yes. Now the complication is that Hapans are crazy. So she is afraid that something might happen. She knows that I can handle myself, but like I said, Hapans are crazy.”

“So that means what exactly?”

“That means that we are trying to find a rather hush hush way of making it legal.”

“Okay, so the ring I saw you taking off of that very important finger is premature.”

“Well….” Jacen said

“Well what?” Jaina demanded

“Well, we kinda had a ceremony like the first one Luke and Mara had.”

“Where in the force forsaken galaxy would you be able to have a ceremony like that without everyone knowing the bride is the Queen of Hapes??” Jaina asked incredulously.

“Some planet near the outer rim.”

“So you got married on Dagobah? What, did Yoda’s ghost do the honours?” Jaina kidded.

“It was actually a rather nice planet.” Jacen said defensively.

“Jacen, relax. I was only kidding. So you guys are kinda married, but not really married.”

“Pretty much.”

“Mom is so going to kick your butt.” Jaina remarked.

“Well, the good thing is that we aren’t legally married yet.” Jacen pointed out.

“Still, you had half a wedding, one that she wasn’t invited to or even informed of. She’s going to take it personally.”

“What am I supposed to do about that?”

“You Jacen Solo, are going to tell her.” Jaina said.

Jacen blanched visibly, “I don’t think I’m ready for that.”

“And I wasn’t ready to tell them that I was pregnant right after I got engaged, but I did. You don’t think Mom would have chased my hide around the galaxy if I had avoided telling her?”

“I know she would have.” Jacen confirmed

“Well then what makes you so special that you should be immune from her wrath?”

“Nothing.”

“Exactly. So you’re telling her, and everyone else in the family for that matter.”

“And how exactly do you suggest I inform everyone simultaneously?” Jacen asked curiously.

“The only way besides a galactic crisis and a wedding that we can get everyone in the same place at once, dinner. Since we don’t have anyone in the loop yet, we’ll have to have it here.”

“You can’t possibly be expected to cook for the entire family.” Jacen commented

“Damn skippy I’m not. You got yourself into this mess, the least you can do is help me cook. It’s either that, or I comm Mara to concoct a plan. Which means that she will rib you about this all afternoon.”

“How does nerf steak work?” Jacen queried

Jaina put her hands on her belly, “Your future niece or nephew likes that idea.”

“You mean my future n...” Jacen started

Jaina cut him off, “If you want this night to start off on the right foot, you will stop that comment right there.” Jaina warned him.

“Oh that’s right. Boundaries.”

If anyone wants to be added to the Tag list, just let me know!

Gemma likes this.
  19. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    This made me laugh -- don't mess with Leia and wedding planning - it's something she loves. And I adored the section when Jaina sees Jacen removing his ring -- too cute. And the last part about Jacen revealing the sex of the baby -- cute about the boundaries thing. Keep me tagged in, please.

20. MaraJade1225

Mar 29, 2004
    Yay for new stuff! I have a few more chapters basically written, so I should have more up soon-ish. Enjoy!
    Tag List-
    Gemma

Chapter 33

“Alright, I will see you guys in an hour.” Jaina said before terminating the comm transmission. She walked back into the kitchen where her brother was slaving over dinner.

He looked at her as she sat down on a stool. “Are you going to help?”

“I called Mom and Mara. What more help do you expect?” Jaina asked smartly.

“I seem to recall something about us making dinner together.” Jacen pointed out.

“That was just a lie to get you to agree to dinner. All I’m here for is organization and charisma.”

Jacen looked at her deadpan, “It’s a wonder you’re married.”

“Some people actually look for those qualities in a wife you know.” Jaina pointed out indignantly.

“Clearly.” Jacen said dryly.

“How long will the nerf steaks take?”

“Not too long. I should have them almost ready to go by the time the gang gets here.”

“You know, my motives for tonight weren’t limited to wanting to see the look on mom’s face.” Jaina commented

“Oh, that’s so kind of you.” He said dryly.

“I’m serious Jacen. They may be able to help you guys out.”

“How so?” Jacen asked curiously

“Have you met our Aunt?”

“Point.”

“Or our mother?”

“Point, again.”

Jaina was just coming down the stairs from her bedroom with Halia on her hip when the door chimed.

Hadrian was running to the door.

“Hold on little buddy. Let mamma open the door.” She said trying to stop her excitable 16 month old son.

Jaina opened the door to see her mother and father standing on the other side.

“Gamma!” Hadrian yelled nearly vaulting into her arms.

“Hello my darling!” Leia greeted, hugging her grandson tightly.

“Where’s junior?” Han asked

“In the kitchen.”

“He’s cooking?” Han asked shocked

“He is.” Jaina confirmed, internally laughing at the skeptical look on Han’s face.

“Did you blackmail him into cooking?” Han asked curiously.

“You might say that.” Jaina replied slyly.

“Now Solo, just because Jacen never cooks doesn’t mean that he can’t.” Mara said walking through the door with her son on her hip.

“Yes, but he usually has to have a reason.”

“Well I think having a very pregnant sister who has her hands full already is a great reason.” Jaina commented.

“Yes dear is it.” Leia agreed.

Mara put Ben down on the floor. “Ben, you go play with your cousins while Jaya and I go upstairs.” Mara said, leading Jaina up to the nursery.

Mara walked into the nursery and turned around to face Jaina.

“Okay, so what’s the deal?” she asked anxiously.

“You’ll find out soon enough.”

“Well it can’t possibly be that you are having triplets or anything.” Mara said dryly.

“Oh force no. I’d think there was something in the water if there were anymore Skywalker family babies. I think a single baby will be enough for me right now.”

Mara laughed out loud, “Well, it’s funny that you should mention Skywalker babies.”

Jaina’s head whipped around so quickly that she thought her head was going to fly off. “Why exactly is that funny?” She asked cautiously.

“Well, because I’m pretty sure that Ben is going to be a big brother.” Mara stated.

Jaina’s eyed widened. “No way! I thought that you guys were done?”

Mara smiled, “Well, we did always want two. We just weren’t sure how well that was going to workout. So I think we resigned ourselves to only having one.”

“Does Uncle Luke know?” Jaina asked excitedly.

“Not yet.” Mara said. “I haven’t even gone to see Cilghal.”

“That’s amazing Aunt Mara!”

“I was pretty surprised since it clearly wasn’t planned, but Ben is 3 already so I figure it’s as good a time as any.” Mara said smiling from ear to ear.

Jaina moved to hug her aunt. “I am so happy for you!”

Mara hugged her back, “Thanks Jaina. Now, we should probably get downstairs before your brother burns the place down.”

The entire family was seated around Jaina’s large kitchen table. Jacen and Luke were bringing the food out.

“Jacen, did you make all of this yourself?”

“Yep. Though, when Jaina called you I was under the impression that I might be getting some help.”

“Jacen, I told you. All the help that I was giving involved inviting the rest of the family over.”

“Did you forget to call Tahiri?” Leia asked passing the nerf steak around.

Jaina looked indignant. “Of course not. She had some stuff to get done this evening and said that she would make it over later on if she was able.”

“Well Junior,” Han began, “not that I’m not glad you’re home or have cooked for us, but I feel as though we’re missing something here.”

Jaina smirked.

“Let’s just eat our wonderful meal, and we can discuss things later.” Leia said putting a stop to any non-dinner related talk.

“Oh alright Highnessness.” Han conceded.

After dinner was over, Jaina put the twins down for the night. Mara had accompanied her, and had put a tired Ben to bed in Jaina’s room. They walked down the stairs to join the rest of the family who were sitting in the living room.

She heard her father start to talk, “Okay, so now can we find out what the reason for the nerf steak was. And don’t say because you missed us, because we all know that is only half the truth.”

Jaina sat on the couch, watching her brother and waiting for him to start his explanation.

“So, as most of you know I was gone for a few weeks. What I didn’t tell you was where I have been.” Jacen started, trying to ease into the story.

“I was on Hapes for most of that time.” Jacen confirmed.

“Jacen, we figured that.” Mara admitted as she sat down beside Luke. Jaina laughed under her breath.

“For the past year or so Tenel Ka and I have been secretly dating.”

“Or not so secretly.” Mara said under her breath. Luke merely chuckled.

“Hey Jade, my kid is trying to tell a story. Can ya cut it out with the comments?” Han asked jokingly. Leia kicked him.

“Well, while I was away I proposed.”

Leia’s eyes widened as Jacen continued to speak.

“She said yes.” Jacen confirmed to everyone.

“I have another wedding to plan!” Leia exclaimed delightfully.

“Well…” Jacen started.

Leia’s eyes narrowed for a brief moment before Jacen continued.

“We actually kind of had-a-small-spiritual-ceremony-on-an-outer-rim-planet.” Jacen blurted out.

“You did what??” Leia demanded for him to repeat. Jaina was internally squealing with delight.

“We had a small ceremony like the one that Uncle Luke and Aunt Mara had before their wedding.” Jacen admitted preparing himself for the onslaught.

“Where in the kriff did you find someone who wouldn’t recognize the Queen of the Hapes Cluster?” Han asked incredulously.

“So basically you got married on Dagobah.” Mara commented. “Hope Yoda’s ghost gave you a discount.”

Jaina nearly burst out laughing at the look on Jacen’s face. “You know,” Jacen said, “you and my sister have issues.”

“Jaina, did you make a Yoda comment too?” Mara asked smirking.

“What can I say, you taught me well.”

“Can we please get back to the issue at hand here?” Leia demanded. The room went eerily quiet.

“Mom, I wanted to tell you before I proposed. I just didn’t know how this was going to work. As it is we aren’t legally married, just kind of unofficially.”

“Are you both afraid of the backlash this may cause on Hapes?” Luke asked.

“Exactly. That was why we opted for the spiritual ceremony first. We don’t even know if a legal ceremony is possible.”

“Have you met us?” Mara asked indignantly. “If we can get your sister on and off of a planet completely undetected multiple times then we can certainly get you and the Queen of Hapes legally married without detection.”

“That’s setting the bar pretty high don’t you think Jade?” Han asked.

“I like a challenge. Besides, if we pulled this off, no one would ever question my skills again.”

Han thought about it for a second, and agreed.

“So mom, can you please not be mad at me.” Jacen pleaded.

“Oh honey, I could never stay mad at you over this. I’m just sad that I wasn’t there.”

Jacen smiled slightly, “Well if Mara has her way, then you’ll be there for the next one.”

“I’m guessing your sister already knew.” Leia commented.

“I pretty much had to tell her when she caught me taking my wedding band off.” Jacen admitted.

“I’m fairly certain that if I hadn’t caught you that you wouldn’t have told anyone.” Jaina pointed out.

“We are much happier that you did.” Luke admitted.

“I’m just happy that I get to scheme.” Mara commented.

“We know Mara.” Leia confirmed

“Now, before we move on to having a nice normal family evening does anyone else have any surprises to spring on us?” Han asked the family.

Jaina tried to sneak a look at Mara, who she could tell was debating whether or not she should drop her news.

“Well….”

:D

21. MaraJade1225

Mar 29, 2004
    Another Update, because....why not?

Tag List:
    Gemma

Chapter 34

“Well….” Mara began

Everyone whipped their heads around to look at Mara, who was clearly trying to formulate a sentence.

“Well what Jade?” Han asked, a little taken aback.

“Hey Skywalker, remember when I was pregnant with Ben and I mentioned that if you ever did that to me again I would vape you where you stand?”

Luke’s eyes widened, and his mouth fell open. “You’re not serious.” He said.

“Surprise!” Mara exclaimed quasi nervously, watching the wide eyes and open mouthed expressions around the room.

Leia immediately jumped off the sofa she was sitting on to wrap Mara in a big hug. “I had no idea you guys were still trying!”

“Way to steal my kids’ thunder Jade.” Han quipped.

“Hey, you guys asked if there was anything else. I didn’t think there would be a better time to tell you.” Mara said shrugging.

“Luke, you’re fairly quiet over there.” Leia commented.

Luke appeared as though his mind was moving a mile a minute.

“Kid, you okay?” Han asked.

“Oh c’mon Skywalker, it isn’t like this is our first kid.” Mara commented dryly squeezing his hand.

Suddenly the door chimed and Jaina peeled herself away from the conversation unfolding in front of her to answer it. Tahiri was on the other side of the door.

“Hey everyone, sorry I got a little tied up. Hopefully I didn’t miss anything.” She said as she sat next to Jacen.

“You have no idea what you just missed.”

“Someone going to give me the gist of it?”

“Basically, Jacen got married and Mara is pregnant.” Jaina said matter of factly.

Tahiri’s eyes widened.

“I think I hit the high points.” Jaina added confidently.

“What in the name of Hoth kind of alternate universe did I just walk into?” Tahiri asked shocked.

“No idea kid. When we figure it out we’ll let you know.” Han stated.

“Since Luke is apparently in a catatonic state right now I feel obligated to ask the tough questions.” Leia said. “When did you find out, and how far along?”

“I noticed about a couple weeks ago. I haven’t gone to see Cilghal yet, but I would say I’m about 10 weeks or so. Everything feels good so far.” Mara informed them all, still waiting for Luke to say anything. “Skywalker, can you please at least signal to me that you can actually still hear?”

“I can’t believe I didn’t put two and two together.” He commented to no one in particular. “I noticed some things were a little weird, but the last time there was so many other variables that I couldn’t tell what was normal Mara pregnancy symptoms and what was part of the disease.”

“So you’re okay?” Mara prodded.

“Mara my love, I am thrilled beyond belief.” He said before lovingly embracing his wife.

“Mara, I have an appointment with Cilghal tomorrow if you would like to tag along to get looked at.” Jaina suggested.

“Might as well now that all the important people have been told.” Luke commented.

“You know, you are the best family ever.” Jaina pointed out.

Mara’s red gold eyebrow arched, “Not that we needed that confirmation, but why exactly do you think that?”

“You guys are a do it yourself media stunt. Between my brothers’ secret wedding to Hapan Royalty, and your pregnancy. One look at either of you and no one will give me a second glance.”

Mara snorted, “Yes Jaina, I got myself knocked up again simply to keep the press of your back.”

Jaina laughed and held her hands up defensively, “I’m just saying, the optics here are fantastic.”

Jacen laughed, “Iella would be so proud.”

“Listen buster.” Mara said, pointing her finger threateningly “You still need me to hatch the perfect plan for a secret legal wedding. Has your sister had to remind you about boundaries lately?”

“I actually had to remind him earlier today.” Jaina confirmed

Leia appeared confused, “Boundaries for what?”

“Let’s just say one day I accidentally peeked, and I know what your new grandchild is.”

“And if you value your life you will keep a lid on that.” Leia added.

“Precisely. Boundaries.”

All Tahiri could do was shake her head at what she had just walked into.

The next day Mara and Jaina made their way to the healers’ wing together. Jaina and Mara were both done their instructor duties for the day. They walked through the temple talking quietly to each other.

“So have you told Ben yet?” Jaina asked.

“Kind of. We tried to make him feel the baby. We aren’t really sure if he was successful or not. In any case, I’m sure we will be able to explain it to him a little more when I start to show.”

Jaina shook her head incredulously, “I can’t believe you’re pregnant again.”

“No one was as surprised as me. I thought that we were pretty much done. Force knows we’ve been trying since the war ended.”

“And here I am on pregnancy number 2.”

Mara chuckled, “Well, you are much younger than me, and neither of yours were planned either.” She pointed out.

“True enough. Though, they weren’t unwelcome.” Jaina observed.

“Much like mine. Though it would be much easier if I was your age.”

“Maybe you’ll actually get to enjoy being pregnant this time.”

Mara snorted, “From what I remember there isn’t much to enjoy.”

Cilghal greeted both women at the door. She was visibly surprised to see Mara.

“Coming for some moral support Master Mara?”

“Actually Cilghal, I need a check up of my own.”

Cilghal blinked a few times, “Of course Master. May I inquire as to the nature of the check up?”

“Prenatal.” Mara said.

Cilghal’s eyes widened, and her face broke out in a rather large Mon Calamarian grin. “Congratulations Mara!”

Mara smiled, “Thank you Cilghal. Luke and I are very excited.”

“Jaina, will you be finding out the sex today?”

“I think I’m going to wait a little bit longer.” She informed the Mon Calamari healer. She would prefer to wait until Jag was home to find out what they were having.

“Very well. Let’s get started.” She said ushering both women into her healers’ ward.

Cilghal had completed her assessment, assuring Jaina that all was well with her baby who was in its’ 25th week of gestation. As requested, Cilghal did not reveal the gender.

It was Mara who was up next for her assessment.

“I’m surprised that Master Luke isn’t here.” Cilghal commented.

“He didn’t feel it was necessary to be here for a check-up. He says he can check on the baby anytime he wants.”

Cilghal smiled, “And I have no doubt that he will do just that every chance he gets.”

“I basically just want to get a better estimate of how far along I am, and ensure that nothing is going on that might concern you.” Mara said.

“Of course, I should have an approximate timeline shortly.” She said entering data into her scan.

Jaina sat beside Mara and waited patiently. It wasn’t very long before the scan was alerting Cilghal that there was information available.

“According to the scan, you are almost 12 weeks along.”

“I knew I was at least 10 weeks along. So I’m almost done the first trimester. Anything show up on the scan that might be cause for concern?”

Cilghal shook her head, “Nothing worrisome at this point. Though I do want to keep a bit of a closer eye on you because of your age.”

Mara smirked, “Understandable. I’m an old lady.”

“You might be an old lady in number, but believe me when I say I have met individuals 20 years younger than you who are in nowhere near as good shape.” Cilghal reassured her.

Jaina laughed, “Old and pregnant, but yet I would still want her on my team in a scrap.”

“I feel so loved.”

Jaina and Mara slowly made their way back to Jaina’s house, making a couple pit stops to Mara’s office, and then to Lukes’.

As they walked toward their houses, Jaina and Mara continued their conversation about recent events in the lives of their family.

“I still can’t believe you talked Jacen into babysitting Ben and the twins.”

“Listen, if he wants my help pulling off this feat of his, he’s going to owe me a few things. I think babysitting our respective children so we can go to the healers’ ward is the least he can do.”

“Why do we all get ourselves into these situations?” Jaina asked

“You have Skywalker trouble genes in you. I’ve spent the last however many years trying to keep your uncle out of trouble, now let’s add two kids to that equation.”

“We are clearly gluttons for punishment.” Jaina said smirking.

“I willingly married Luke Skywalker, which means that I signed up for everything that comes with it. Clearly he did some sweet talking on Nirauan.”

“I wonder what kind of sweet talking Jacen did.” Jaina pondered outloud.

Mara snorted, “Oh c’mon Jaina. I’m fairly certain that there was no sweet-talking required. They’ve been going around in circles for years.”

“That doesn’t mean that she would say yes to him.” Jaina said as they approached her front door.

“Well clearly it does, and now we’ve got to do some serious work so that your mother doesn’t kill him.” Mara said as she opened the door.

They peered in and saw Jacen sitting on the couch watching the holonet. The kids were nowhere to be seen.

“Jacen, please tell me that my child is not lost, or aimlessly wandering around Ossus.” Mara said.

Jacen shook his head and smiled, “Nope. All three little rascals are upstairs sleeping. The twins are in their nursery, and Ben is sleeping in Jaina’s bed.”

“You got them all to sleep at once?” Jaina asked amazed, Jacen nodded.

“I think I’m impressed.” Mara said sitting down on the sofa.

“I am a responsible adult you know.” Jacen said indignantly, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

“It really has very little to do with being responsible.” Mara pointed out.

“Well, like a responsible adult I also cleaned your kitchen.”

“Don’t try and suck up now. You’ve already dug yourself in pretty deep.” Jaina commented as she hung up her jacket.

“Besides, if you were really trying to suck up you would be over at my house cleaning it from top to bottom.” Mara pointed out, one red gold eyebrow arched.

“I get the feeling that I will be on babysitter duty far more often now.”

“You made this mess buddy, I’m just trying to make myself look good by getting you out of it relatively unscathed.” Mara informed her nephew.

“Trying to make yourself look good trumps my eternal happiness?”

Mara shrugged, “I have a reputation to protect here.”

If anyone would like to be added to the Tag list, please let me know. As always, reviews are appreciated.

mulberry likes this.
  22. MaraJade1225

Mar 29, 2004
    A/N: There was a goof with my chapters, so I had to do some fixing.

Chapter 35

Jaina awoke to the sound of her bedroom door opening. She opened her eyes, and was assaulted by the sunshine coming in her window. She barely had time to process what was going on before she felt something on her bed. She rolled over to see her Aunt sitting on the edge of her bed with a large smile on her face.

“Good morning!” She greeted beaming.

Jaina rolled back over and groaned, “Shouldn’t you be having morning sickness or something?”

“Aren’t we pleasant this morning.” Mara commented dryly.

“Sorry. The twins had me up later than normal last night, and the bun was doing somersaults all night. Needless to say that I didn’t really get much beauty sleep.” Jaina said apologetically.

“You should have given me a call. I would have come over and taken care of the twins while you slept.” Mara said.

Jaina smiled, and shrugged. “I likely still would have had to deal with the
    somersaults, so it’s really not a big deal. I’ll just have to try get the twins to take an extra long nap today.”

Mara grimaced, “Well, I don’t think that will be getting done today.”

Jaina looked at her sideways, “I think I may have misunderstood you. I think I heard you squash my napping plans for today.”

“Well, it turns out that Wedge and Iella are going to be here today.”

“Oh?”

“I had called last week after our family dinner and told her about the whole Jacen situation. Turns out that she and Wedge had some vacation they could take, so they decided to take it here.”

“Did you tell her about the other situation?” Jaina asked looking at Mara’s abdomen.

“That isn’t exactly something you tell your partner in crime over the comm.”

“I figured. So when exactly are they getting here?” Jaina asked sitting up in bed.

Mara looked at the chrono on the wall, “Any time actually.”

“And you’re here because?”

“I’m here to help you get the kids ready, since I know that Iella and Wedge will want to see them.”

“Well thank you. I appreciate all the help that I can get.”

“So I will go take care of the rascals, while you have some much needed mommy time.” Mara said as she rose from the bed and strode next door to the twins’ room.

Jaina threw the covers off, and padded over to the fresher. She turned on the sanisteam, and waited for the water to warm up. She looked in the mirror at her burgeoning baby bump. She had accidentally discovered what her third child would be, but wasn’t telling any of her family just yet. Jaina hoped that she wouldn’t have to keep her secret much longer, and that her husband would be coming home soon. She sighed as she discarded her clothes and stepped under the warm stream of water.

Jaina emerged after what felt like the longest sanisteam of her life. She looked at the chrono, she had been in the fresher for a half an hour. She threw on her robe, and made her way to the closet. It was a rare day off of teaching classes, so Jedi robes would not be required. Her mother had also made a recent maternity wear purchase for her. She found the outfit she was looking for and put it on. She threw her hair up in a ponytail, before making her way over to the twins’ room.

Mara was sitting on the floor playing with the twins’, who were fully dressed and appeared to be ready for an outing.

“Are we meeting them at the hangar, or are they coming here?”

“Well that depends on if you feel like leaving the house today.” Mara pointed out.

“It’s always fun to meet guests when they land, and the twins haven’t had the chance to venture out to the hangar in a while.”

“Then it’s settled. They should be here very shortly, so we might as well make our way over there now.” Mara said as she stood up.

Jaina saw her first glimpse of Mara’s baby bump, “Iella is so going to figure things out before you say anything. You’re already starting to show!”

“Yes, but if you didn’t know that I was pregnant you probably wouldn’t have thought anything of it. That’s what I’m going for.” Mara said as she picked up Halia, and grabbed Bens’ hand.

Jaina bent over to pick up Hadrian, “You know, it’s getting harder and harder to do that.”

Mara laughed as she walked downstairs with her holddaughter on her hip.

Mara and Jaina walked into the hangar, just as the ship that Iella and Wedge traveled in touched down. They waited with three anxious children for their guests to emerge. They watched as the ramp lowered. Jaina smiled as she saw Iella walk down the ramp, with Wedge close behind her.

Their guests approached them with outstretched arms. Iella bent down to give Ben a hug, as Wedge greeted Jaina and Hadrian. He placed his hand on her growing belly and smiled.

“Jaina, you look fantastic.” Wedge commented, “Clearly pregnancy suits you.”

She smiled, “Thanks Wedge.”

Iella turned her attention from Ben, to Mara and Halia.

“Hey partner, long time no see.” She said before hugging her friend. “You look awesome, Luke spoiling you?”

“Something like that.” Mara said smirking.

“These little ones of yours are getting pretty darn cute Jaina.” Iella commented.

“Cute and bratty.” Jaina added.

“Nice to see they got some of the Solo genes.” Wedge commented.

“You guys can load your bags into the speeder parked out front. We can continue this little shin dig at our place.” Mara said.

Mara parked her speeder outside of her house, and helped Jaina unload the kids. Mara felt Luke’s presence inside, and saw the front door open. He helped Wedge bring the luggage inside.

Luke set the luggage down and shook Wedge’s hand. “Nice to see you old friend.”

Wedge smiled, “Thank you for having us.”

“Well, I couldn’t exactly say no when my wife said she needed her partner in crime here.” Luke kidding.

“It would just be too much to deal with.” Wedge said smirking.

Mara rolled her eyes, “You make us sound so difficult.”

Luke put his hands up, “I never said you were difficult.”

Iella arched her eyebrow, “You insinuated it.”

“I don’t think we can win this argument Luke.” Wedge conceded.

Mara and Jaina set the twins on the floor.

“Well, space travel is rough. How about a drink?” Iella suggested.

“I’m in.” Wedge said.

“Why not?” Luke added.

“I’m on water.” Jaina commented smirking.

“No thanks.” Mara said.

Iella whipped her head around. “Mara Jade-Skywalker, did you just say no to a drink?”

“It’s Whyrens.” Wedge added.

“That’s okay.” Mara assured them as she sat next to Luke.

“What? You pregnant Jade?” Wedge joked.

Iella laughed, “Just because a woman doesn’t want a drink doesn’t mean she is pregnant.”

Mara smirked.

Iella looked back at her curiously. Her eyes widened when she realized that no sarcastic rebuke had come from Mara’s lips.

“I didn’t really think that it fit in the news cycle along with Jacen’s secret wedding.” Mara said shrugging.

“You’re kidding!” Iella said at a louder than normal volume.

“Would I really make that up?” Mara asked indignantly.

Iella looked over at Jaina for confirmation. Jaina simply nodded.

“We’re pregnancy buddies.” She commented.

“When did you find out?” Iella asked excitedly.

“I noticed it about 6 weeks ago, but only had it confirmed before I called you.” Mara explained.

“I should probably be mad that you didn’t tell me before I got here,” she said giving Mara an icy glare, “but I’m just so excited for you that I couldn’t possibly stay mad!”.

“Surprise I would imagine?” Wedge asked.

Luke nodded, “Very much, like Ben was.”

“Except this time I won’t be on the verge of death the entire pregnancy.” Mara added.

“Luke might be though.” Iella said.

“If he is, then he has done something to deserve it.” Mara added with a smirk.

Iella turned her attention back to Jaina. “Have you told your in-laws about the upcoming event?”

Jaina shook her head.

“Do they even know you aren’t on Mon Cal?” Wedge asked.

“I haven’t even had many opportunities to speak to them since Jag left.”

“You’re a stronger woman that I am.” Iella said, “I would have thrown in the towel and demanded he come home a long time ago.”

“Believe me, the thought has crossed my mind several times. I just usually am able to talk myself out of it.”

“I can’t believe they have kept him out there this long.” Wedge commented.

“No one can.” Mara added.

“Speaking of not being able to believe, Jacen and Tenel Ka?” Iella said

“No one around here was surprised.” Jaina pointed out.

“It’s been one of those things they have been dancing around for years.” Luke added.

“To actually get married though?” Iella asked.

“They might have gone off the deep end there.” Mara confirmed

“I guess we’ll just have to flex our scheming muscles.” Iella conceded.

“It’s always so fun when we do.” Mara said grinning mischievously.

The chime of the front door sounded.

Luke rose from the sofa, “I figured that if Wedge and Iella were visiting, we might as well have Corran and Mirax over.”

“Mirax is on Ossus? We’ll have to save our scheming for later then.” Mara said.

“It would be much more fun if you could drink.” Iella said half pouting.

Luke opened the front door, and invited the Horns in.

Wedge and Iella rose from the sofa to greet their friends.

“I had no idea you were on planet!” Wedge said as he hugged his dear friend.

“I’ve been stopping in a little more frequently lately.” Mirax said.

“Care for a drink?” Luke asked his guests.

“Whyrens?” Corran asked seeing the bottle on the counter.

“We only bring the best when we visit.” Wedge commented.

“Except Mara can’t have any.” Iella said, shooting her red headed friend a look.

“Wait, what?” both Mirax and Corran said simultaneously.

Mara sat back on the sofa and shrugged.

“Are you telling us what I think you’re telling us?” Mirax asked incredulously

Mara smiled, and nodded.

“Whyrens for everyone!” Mirax exclaimed, “Well, except for the pregnant ones in the room.”

Enjoy!

23. MaraJade1225

Mar 29, 2004
    A/N: Somehow I screwed up the order, so for those who think this chapter looks familiar...it is. I changed Chapter 35 so that things are in the right order. Hopefully this doesn't cause too much confusion.

Chapter 36

Sleep wasn’t coming easy these days, and the dreams were as vivid as ever. It made for long nights, and even longer days for Jaina Solo-Fel.

Jaina awoke to the creaking of her bedroom door. She stretched her arm out to the empty spot where Jag would sleep and sighed. She opened her eyes and saw her daughter looking at her, vivid green eyes just visible above the edge of the bed.

“Good morning my little one.” Jaina greeted, not quite awake yet. “And just how did you get out of your crib?”

“Jasa.” Halia answered shortly.

“Oh, uncle Jacen is here is he?” Jaina said throwing the covers off.

Halia nodded.

“Well then, I guess we had better go see what kind of trouble he and your brother have gotten themselves into.” Jaina said scooping her daughter up and placing her on her hip. *I won’t be able to do this for much longer.* She thought.

They made their way down the hall to the twins’ new bedroom. She saw her brother had already changed Hadrian, and was working on getting him dressed.

“You know, I think I’m going to need to change my locks.” Jaina commented as she walked into the room. She was startled to see another person out of the corner of her eye, sitting in the rocking chair.

“Tenel Ka!” Jaina exclaimed, putting her daughter down on the floor. “When did you get here?” She asked hugging the Hapan queen, who was nearly her sister-in-law.

The Hapan queen hugged her longtime friend back, “I arrived late last night. It wasn’t really a planned trip, but I jumped at the chance to get away when it presented itself.”

“How long are you here for?” Jaina asked curiously.

“I’m hoping that I will be able to stay for a month.” Tenel Ka answered.

“Does Mara know she is here?” Jaina asked her brother.

“She will later. I didn’t exactly want to comm her and inform her last night. You pregnant women will kill for sleep.” He answered as he put Hadrian down on the floor.

Tenel Ka laughed at the glare Jacen was getting from his twin.

“You look fantastic Jaina!” Tenel Ka complimented her sister in law. “How much longer until you deliver?”

“I’m about 29 weeks right now. So I still have a while to go yet.” Jaina said keeping an eye on the twins.

“Still no word about Jag?” Tenel Ka asked carefully.

“Nothing yet. Syal commed me a few weeks ago, but she has no idea that I’m pregnant or on Ossus.”

“You didn’t tell her?” Jacen asked surprised.

“I didn’t want to worry her. I’m sure one day I’ll lose it and demand they bring him home for all the good that will do, but for now I’m playing the role of patient wife and mother.”

Jacen tried not to snort, “Yes, because patience is one word that is synonymous with the name Jaina Solo-Fel.”

She pinned her brother with a blasterbolts stare, “Are you sure you want to marry this nerf?” Jaina asked Tenel Ka.

Tenel Ka smirked, and chuckled. “I’ve never been more sure of anything in my whole life.”

“Well, don’t say we didn’t warn you.” Jaina said shrugging.

“We should probably tell Mara that Tenel Ka is on planet.” Jacen conceded.

Jaina nodded, “Force knows she is having fun trying to scheme.”

“Aunt Mara scheming always leaves me a little concerned.” Jacen commented.

Jaina glanced at the chrono on the wall, “She should be awake by now. Ben doesn’t let her sleep in too often.”

Jacen nodded, and scooped up Hadrian. “Alright little man, let’s go see aunt Mara.”

Jaina went to pick up Halia, but Tenel Ka stopped her.

“I’ll get her. You have enough heavy lifting to do.” She said scooping up a willing Halia with her one arm and placing the toddler on her hip.

Jaina looked impressed, “Please tell me you’ve been practicing that skill.”

Jacen laughed, “Auntie Tee-Kay to the rescue.”

They made the short trek next door to Luke and Mara’s house. Jacen pressed the door chime, and waited for the door to open.

Mara opened the door, and was pleasantly surprised when she saw who was on the other side.

“Come in!” she greeted, ushering the gang into the house.

Jacen and Tenel Ka put the twins down on the floor, who proceeded to toddle over to their older cousin Ben who was playing in the living room.

Mara hugged Tenel Ka, “Jacen didn’t tell me you were coming.”

“It was a very impromptu trip. I arrived late last night.”

“Well, we are happy to see you nonetheless.”

“I must offer my congratulations on the baby! You must be excited!”

Mara smiled and rubbed her barely-there baby bump, “Thank you, we are very excited. Especially Ben now that he can feel the baby in the force.”

“All we need now is for you guys to have babies and we’ll have the Skywalker trifecta.” Jaina said winking

Tenel Ka laughed, and Jacen blushed. “Not something we are planning anytime soon.” He said taking a seat on the sofa, Tenel Ka soon followed.

“Not to burst your bubble, but there are three kids running around and two more in the oven that weren’t planned.” Mara added dryly.

Jacen looked at her deadpan, “Thanks for that.”

“I’m just sayin.”

“If I’m not mistaken, you have been doing some scheming for about a month.” Jacen asked awaiting confirmation from his aunt.

“That’s assuming that I have actually been devoting most of my time to this.” Mara countered.

“We all know you have been, so let’s hear the progress.”

Mara sighed, “Well, ever since you dropped your news on us I have been trying to work some magic. Iella took a quick trip here, I was hoping she could provide some insight, or any ideas.”

“Did she?”

“Not as much as I would have hoped. Though, she does think that I can make it happen.”

“Well, I appreciate that you are trying. I know it’s a lot to ask of anyone, let alone someone who is expecting.” Tenel Ka said.

“I’m not going to lie, this may end up taking a while.” Mara admitted.

“I think we would all rather it was done correctly than quickly.” Tenel Ka added.

“Jacen’s already been waiting since he was thirteen to marry her, what’s a couple more months?” Jaina quipped, evoking an eye-narrowing glare from her brother.

Mara laughed, “Well, in any case I will tell you what I have so far.” She said, delving into her increasingly elaborate plan to get her nephew hitched.

A few hours later, Luke arrived home from the temple. He was surprised to see his living room occupied. He smiled when he saw Tenel Ka.

“Your Majesty! It’s so nice of you to visit.”

“It’s very nice to see you again Master Skywalker.”

“I’m imagining that you are all working on the plan that has kept Mara busy over the past few weeks.” Luke said.

“I’ve just been telling them about my progress so far.”

“We’ll be happy when all of this is over and done with, and Mom will be happy too.” Jacen stated.

“Speaking of Mom,” Jaina started, “does she know her future daughter-in-law is here?”

Jacen blanched, “Kriff.”

“How about you go use the comm station right now.” Luke suggested.

Jacen looked at Tenel Ka, “Coming?” he asked.

She smiled as she rose from her seat on the couch. “Of course.”

Luke walked over to the couch where his wife was sitting. He leaned down to give her a kiss. “Ben upstairs?” he asked

Mara nodded. “He’s playing with the twins. Nana is keeping an eye on them.”

He sat down beside her and put his arm around her shoulders, “If you’re satisfied that they aren’t doing anything they aren’t supposed to, then I am too.”

Mara’s eyes twinkled with mischief, “I never said they were behaving Skywalker. The ringleader is your son after all.”

Luke got up back up from his seat, “Maybe I’ll just go take a peek.”

Enjoy!

24. MaraJade1225

Mar 29, 2004
    A/N - It's been a while, so time for another update!

Chapter 37

5 months.

Jag had been gone for 5 months.

It seemed like just yesterday that she watched him board the CEDF vessel, just yesterday that the twins had their first birthday. So much has changed in the past five months, she thought as she glanced down at her ever-expanding belly.

She rubbed her belly as she felt the baby kicking. Now at almost 31 weeks in her pregnancy, she felt more than ready to deliver save for one small detail. Jag still hadn’t returned from the Unknown Regions.

The past five months had been full of ups and downs. From the moments where she felt as though she couldn’t do it alone, to the moments where she breezed through the day. She didn’t have the time to be wallowing and she knew it, though some days the prospect had a little more appeal than others.

Her family and friends had been wonderful over the past five months. They helped her out, even when she didn’t ask for it. They were the people who helped her keep it all together when she felt as though things were a nanosecond away from falling apart.

It had been a welcome change of pace over the past week or so. Her soon to be sister in law Queen Mother Tenel Ka had been visiting, and was clearly as enamoured with her twins as they were with her. ‘Auntie Tee-Kay’ and ‘Unca Jasa’ had become near permanent fixtures in the house, spoiling her little rascals every chance they got. Jaina couldn’t help but feel as though there would babies in the very near future for those two.

As luck would have it the twins were out at her mothers’ with her brother and Tenel Ka, giving Jaina some rare alone time. Unfortunately, with 17-month-old force sensitive twins in the house, alone time usually resulted in cleaning time. Although she had enough help so that the house was generally pretty clean, her office on the second level was a complete disaster.

The majority of the day had been spent trying to find some semblance of order in the rarely used space. She rifled through papers trying to organize things, but somehow seemed to be failing miserably. Jaina found it incredibly hard to focus on anything today, but she was determined to make progress. She sat down in the chair at her desk and took a calming breath. She opened the desk drawer to her right, and began trying to tidy things up. She paused when she saw something she hadn’t been expecting. She smiled as she picked up the wedding book from the drawer, running her hand over the cover to wipe away the dust. She opened it, and began to flip through all the well wishes from the hundreds of guests who attended. Her brow furrowed as she flipped to a page that had a loose piece of flimsy. She turned it over, and saw Jags’ handwriting.

Jaina Solo, from the moment I met you I knew you were the one. You make my life complete in ways that I could only have dreamed of. I can’t wait to create a family with you, and grow old with you. You are the love of my life, and I am so honoured that you became my wife. I will live every day to see the beautiful smile on your face, knowing that without you my life would not be complete. You own my heart forever.

Love,

Jag.

Jaina held her hand to her mouth, as the tears flowed freely from her brandy brown eyes. She closed her eyes, and took a deep breath trying to settle herself. She ran her fingers over the piece of flimsy, and blinked away more tears. She wiped the tears from her eyes, steeled herself, and made her decision.

She placed the piece of flimsy on her desk, and headed toward the comm unit.

She sat down in front of the comm unit upstairs, and took a deep cleansing breath before punching in a very familiar code for the Unknown Regions. Before several moments had passed the connection was made, and a familiar looking face greeted her on the other end.

“Hello?” The gruff voice of her father in law greeted.

“Soontir..” Jaina said softly, feeling the tears pricking at her eyes.

“Jaina?” Soontir said, eyes widening. “What’s wrong? Are the kids okay? Are you okay? What are you doing on Ossus?” he asked rapid fire, clearly concerned.

“The kids are fine; they’re at my mom’s.”

His brow furrowed as he continued, “Are you okay?”

“I…” Jaina said, unable to keep the tears at bay any longer.

“Jaina, honey what’s wrong?” her father in law asked, sounding very concerned. Jaina heard a female voice in the background, and saw Syal in the background. “You’re worrying Syal.”

“I need Jag to come home. I can’t bear it anymore. You need to find him and get him home.” She said, tears running down her face.

“Jaina, what’s wrong? I know you, and you of all people wouldn’t want me to call Jag away from a mission if there wasn’t a good reason for it.”

Jaina sighed, “I’m pregnant.” She said softly.

“Pregnant? How far along? When did you find out?” Soontir asked eyes wide.

“I’m a little over 30 weeks along. I found out the week after Jag left. I was pregnant before he left and I didn’t even know it. I don’t want to tear him away from a mission, but I hoped he wouldn’t be gone this long.” She said through her tears. Jaina could see the look on her mother in laws’ face as she digested the news.

“Jaina, I’m going to make a few calls. I promise you he’s coming home, and soon. Even if I have to hop in a ship and drag him home myself. Everything will be just fine sweetheart.” Soontir assured her.

Syal approached the comm station, as Soontir rose from his seat. He put his hand on his shoulder before he hurried away.

Syal appeared to be fighting back tears. “30 weeks? How come you didn’t tell us?”

Jaina sighed, “I didn’t want you to worry. I was actually doing pretty well until today. I start cleaning the house, and all of a sudden I can’t keep it together.”

Syal chuckled, “That’s the hormones for you.”

“I think the gravity of everything just hit me like a ton of ferrocrete today. I miss Jag.” Jaina admitted.

Syals’ lips formed a thin line before she spoke. “I understand sweetheart. I’ve been there too. I promise you, everything will be alright.”

“I hope so.” Jaina said sadly.

“Do you need me on Ossus?” Syal asked.

Jaina cracked a small smile, “I appreciate the offer. I think I should be okay though. My whole family has been around almost constantly.”

Syal nodded, “Well then, how about I save our visit until my son is home?”

Jaina smiled, “I would like that.”

“I’m going to let you go, so I can see if Soontir is making any progress. If you need anything, you just let me know.”

Jaina nodded.

“I need you to keep your head up okay?” Syal added.

Jaina nodded again.

“I will be seeing you soon sweetheart, I promise you.”

The transmission ended, and Jaina let the tears flow freely once again.

“Jaina?” A voice sounded from the front door.

“In the kitchen Mom!” She hollered back. She smiled as she heard giggles, and rapid footsteps.

The footsteps came closer, and she turned to see her twins running over toward her. They had only gone a day without seeing their mother, but they were nonetheless excited to be home. Leia followed them into the kitchen.

Jaina stooped to give her toddlers a hug and a kiss. She ruffled Hadrians’ hair, and stroked Halias’ cheek. “I missed you so much.” She told them.

“I think they missed their mommy too, though I must say Uncle Jacen and Auntie Tee-Kay kept them very entertained.” Leia said as she watched the twins take off into the living room.

Jaina smiled, “Well I’m glad that they had fun. Thank you so much for taking them.”

Leia smiled at her daughter, “You know that we are always more than willing to help you out.”

“I appreciate that Mom. I really do.” Jaina said as she started making some hot chocolate.

“You look tired.” Leia commented.

Jaina sighed, “Yesterday was a long day. Want some hot chocolate?” Jaina said, attempting to change the subject.

Leia smiled, “I would love some. I will go make sure the twins haven’t destroyed the place, and I will be right back.” She walked out into the living room.

Jaina poured the hot chocolate into two mugs, and placed them on the counter.

She took a sip, as her mother walked back into the kitchen.

“They are playing with the new toys that Tenel Ka brought them.”

Jaina laughed, “I feel like my kids are going to be super spoiled now.”

Leia smiled and shrugged.

Jaina took another sip of her hot chocolate, “I called Soontir.” She said looking over the rim of the mug.

“What? When did you call him?” Leia asked shocked

“Yesterday.” Jaina stated

“I thought that you were going to give it more time.”

“I’ve given it plenty of time. I want him home. I’m almost 8 months pregnant mom, and I have 17-month-old force sensitive twins. I appreciate everything that you guys have done for me since we left Mon Cal, but it just isn’t the same. I never thought that I would miss him this much, or feel like I needed him this much.”

“It’s only natural honey. Your hormones are amped up, so any feelings you might have had if you weren’t pregnant are exaggerated ten fold.”

“I guess.” Jaina replied

“What did Soontir say?” Leia asked curiously

“Well I worried him and Syal, so I told them that I was pregnant. He assured me that he was making calls to try and get Jag home. I’m getting close to go time now, and I don’t want him missing anymore than he has already missed.” Jaina stopped herself “What if he can’t do it mom?” She asked starting to tear up

“He’s Soontir Fel, he’ll find a way. Everything will be alright honey.” Leia said moving to the opposite side of the counter, to hold her daughter while she cried.

25. MaraJade1225

Mar 29, 2004
    *de-lurks* Oh, Hey guys! Look! An update!

Chapter 38

Jaina Solo-Fel sat in her office at the Jedi Temple on Ossus. Her maternity leave was set to begin at the end of the week, leaving her with only a few days to tie up any loose ends.

She tore herself away from the task at hand when she heard a knock at the door. She smiled when she saw her aunt standing there.

“Mind if I come in?” Mara asked.

“Of course not. I’m just finishing up.” Jaina said, motioning for her aunt to enter.

Mara sat down in the chair on the other side of Jaina’s desk. “So you didn’t tell me that you contacted your in laws.”

Jaina sighed, “I see you’ve been speaking with my mother.”

Mara looked at her, red gold eyebrow arched. “Actually no. I have however been speaking to my husband who recently spoke to his sister.”

“Ah.” Jaina said, understanding.

“So what was the straw that broke the rancors back?” Mara inquired.

“I was cleaning my office at home a few days ago, and I found a note from Jag in our wedding book.” Jaina admitted.

“And naturally, being that you are over 30 weeks pregnant the hormones went into overdrive.” Mara added.

Jaina nodded.

“If it makes you feel any better, I think I have done more crying in the last week than I have in the last 3 years.”

“The joys of pregnancy.”

Mara smirked, “I wouldn’t exactly call it ‘joy’.”

“I’m a little disappointed that I haven’t heard anything back from Soontir yet.” Jaina commented.

“It’s only been three days. In all likelihood, it will take him at least that long to get word up the chain of command.” Mara pointed out.

“I guess.” Jaina said sounding a little disheartened.

“Just keep your head up.” Mara advised her. Jaina sighed sadly.

Jaina took a couple more items off of her desk, and placed them in a bag. “Are you on your way home soon?”

“Not quite yet. I have a couple things I need to finish up myself. Ben is currently in a class, so I don’t have to worry about him for a bit.”

“That’s good at least, you get a break. I’m lucky; the twins absolutely love Tenel Ka. She’s been my unexpected babysitter recently. She offered to take them again today, which means that I might actually be able to go home and have a nap. The past couple days have been rough.” Jaina admitted.

“In that case, don’t let me keep you.” Mara said as she rose from her chair.

“Talk to you later?” Jaina asked as she slung her back over her shoulder.

“You bet.” Mara confirmed.

“Jaina, wake up.” A voice said.

Jaina’s eyes opened a little, just enough to stare at the chrono on the wall. She had been asleep for about two hours.

“Jaina, get dressed. We’re going out.” Mara said as she poked her head through the doorway.

“No. I’m not going anywhere.” Jaina mumbled into her pillow. “And I’m taking your key away.”

Before the last word had left her lips, the curtains had been opened.

“Oh yes you are.” Mara said, throwing the covers off Jaina and pulling her out of bed.

“Mara? Can’t you just let me sleep?”

“No, you are not staying in bed all day because you didn’t hear back from Soontir. I refuse to let you mope.” Mara said defiantly. “You are getting your tush up and moving. You are not laying here and letting that kid suck on oorp all day. Right now Luke needs to see you.”

Jaina finally let her feet touch the floor. “Alright, let me get dressed.” She conceded.

She walked over to her dresser and pulled out some comfortable clothes.

“Did Uncle Luke say what he wanted?” Jaina asked as she changed in the fresher.

“I think he has some things to iron out about your maternity leave.” Mara said.

Jaina walked out of the fresher, “Alright, let’s not have this take any longer than it has to.”

“Atta girl.”

They made the short walk over to the Jedi Temple, and proceeded to Luke’s office.

Mara opened the door and ushered Jaina in. Luke looked up from his data pad.

“Ahh, Jaina. I hope I didn’t ruin your nap.” He said smiling.

“I wasn’t exactly thrilled to be woken up, but I’ll get over it.” She admitted.

Luke’s lips formed a thin line, “I’m sorry, I know the last few days have been a little taxing.”

“That’s putting it mildly.” Jaina pointed out.

“Well, I actually was hoping that you’d be able to help me out with a couple things.” Luke explained.

“Sure. What do you need?”

“There is actually a new trainee that I want you to meet. I know you are set to start your maternity leave tomorrow, but I wanted to get your thoughts.” He said.

Jaina shrugged. “Okay.”

The three of them walked through the temple, and Luke ushered them into the hangar.

“The hangar?” Mara asked.

“They just arrived.” Luke confirmed.

They walked into the main hangar bay, where an unfamiliar looking ship was berthed. They arrived just in time to see the landing ramp start to lower. A figure emerged from the ship, and Jaina’s heart stopped.

Her husband dropped his bags and ran down the landing ramp full tilt, right toward his wife.

Before she could take another breath, she was in his arms lifted off the floor. He embraced her and spun her around.

She noticed his eyes widen as he looked down at the bump between them. When his eyes finally met hers, they were wide as saucers.

Jaina finally found the ability to speak, “I guess your father couldn’t leave you out there and deprive you of witnessing the birth of your daughter.” She said, smiling brighter than she had in months.

“You’re pregnant? It’s a girl?” He stammered, still not quite believing his eyes.

“I’m pregnant, and it’s a girl.” She said, the tears finally forming in her eyes.

He bent down, and kissed her deeply.

Luke had walked to where Jag had dropped his bag, and picked it up bringing it closer to the Chiss Colonel. He walked back toward his wife, who had a very strange look on her face. When he got close, she smacked his arm.

“Skywalker! You kept this from me?”

“I just found out a couple hours ago!” He said trying to defend his actions.

Her eyes narrowed. “If this wasn’t a happy occasion, you’d be in serious trouble.” They looked over to where their niece stood with her husband. His arms were wrapped tight around her, his face buried in her long brown hair.

“I think we should leave them alone for a bit.” Luke suggested.

“That’s the best idea you’ve had in nine years farmboy.” Mara said grabbing Lukes’ hand to pull him out of the hangar.

“I love you so much.” Jag said to his wife, arms wrapped firmly around her.

“I love you too.” She replied, tears still running down her face.

He looked around, “Where are the twins?”

“With Auntie Tee-Kay.” She answered.

“Wait. What?” Jag asked, looking confused.

Jaina chuckled, “It’s a long story. I’m just so relieved that you are back.” She said, head resting on his chest.

“I guess I’ve missed quite a bit.” He said, looking down and resting his hand on her baby bump.”

“You have no idea. How about I fill you in on the walk home.”

He smiled, “Let’s go home.” He said, picking up his duffle bag. She reached out, and grabbed his free hand, giving it a squeeze. The exited the hangar together, for what promised to be an informative walk home.

“Okay, so let me get this straight.” Jag started, “You’re due basically anytime, Jacen got ‘married’, and Mara is pregnant again?”

“See, it wasn’t that hard was it?” Jaina said opening the front door.

Jag pinched the bridge of his nose as he walked into his house, “It hurts my head.”

“We’ve all been pretty busy while you were away.” A voice said from across the living room. Jag and Jaina looked up to see Jacen and Tenel Ka, who were standing with the twins.

“Daddy!!!!” Hadrian and Halia said in unison running toward their father.

Jag dropped his bag, and was immediately on his knees with arms open to hug his infant children.

Jaina smiled at the sight, with tears once again flowing from her eyes. She looked over at her brother and sister-in-law, who were wiping tears from their eyes.

Jag was still on his knees with the kids, marveling at how big they had gotten since he left.

“What have you been feeding them?” he asked Jaina.

“It must be the treats that Aunt Mara has been sneaking them.” She said laughing.

“Well, just look at how big she has gotten since you left.” Jacen said, referring to his very pregnant sister.

Jaina looked half offended, “I’m growing another life here!”

“Which is absolutely incredible.” Jag said, “I can’t believe we’re having another one.”

“Well, you’ve got about a month to get used to it.” Jaina added.

“Mom and Dad would love to have you over for dinner, if you both feel up to it. Everyone else will be there.”

Jag stood up from the floor, “We wouldn’t miss it.”

Jacen nodded, “Well in that case, we will see you four later.” He said as Tenel Ka opened the front door.

“The baby is kicking.” Jaina said as she sat down on the couch, “Want to feel?”

Jag sat down beside her and placed his hand on her belly, and was amazed at the feeling. “It’s not like I haven’t felt this before, but it still just blows my mind.”

“All it does is hurt my ribs, and make me have to run to the fresher.” Jaina said dryly.

“I’m so sorry that I was gone for so long.” He apologized.

Jaina scoffed, “As if you had anything to do with it. You were ordered there.”

“You were pregnant…” he started, looking down at the twins who were latched to his legs.

“Which I didn’t know until after. I doubt it would have changed anything regardless.”

“My father must have been some surprised.” Jag commented.

“Considering they were both of the opinion that I was still on Mon Cal, and that they weren’t going to be grandparents again, I would say that is quite the understatement.”

“So the pregnancy news isn’t out?”

Jaina shook her head, “I wanted it kept out of the news until you were home. I’m sure once my mother gets over the fact that you are home, that will be her next task.”

“What about Mara’s news?”

“That hasn’t been released yet either, though they were planning on making the news public soon.”

“That will be quite the family press release.”

Jaina laughed, “The only thing that would make it better, is if we got to release the Jacen and Tenel Ka part. That would start a complete media circus.”

“Do you have a name picked out?” Jag inquired.

Jaina shook her head. “I thought that was something that we should do together.”

Jag smiled, “If we are going to be at dinner shortly, I should probably make myself presentable.”

Jaina stroked the beard he was sporting, “I haven’t ever seen you with facial hair, I kind of like it.”

“I’m keeping it then.” He said, “I should however, tidy it up a little. I can’t very well go to dinner looking like a complete scruffy rebel.”

“Why not? If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em.” She said, shooting him a wink.