main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx In home WI-FI networks

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Darth_Myles, Feb 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Myles

Darth_Myles Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2002
    I was just curious how many people here are running a wireless network in their houses, and of those people is anyone having trouble with it right now?

2. Jedi_Webb

Jedi_Webb Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    I have WiFi at home. Works great for me. If you set one up, PLEASE enable WEP!

3. KREATOR

KREATOR Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2003
    I do although I am not currently running any wireless devices. What kind of trouble are you having?

I do know that if you are using any cordless phones less than 5.8 Ghz can cause interfence. I think that 2.4 Ghz phones cause the most. In my last place I ran one of my computers on a wireless and it worked great.

4. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    Hold on, I'll get a pringles can and my laptop...

5. Darth_Myles

Aug 1, 2002
    Yeah, I have Wireless-B at home and I am 3 computers on it. I have a 5.8GHz phone system now, but all of the sudden the other day, my wireless bandwidth during internet browsing just dumped out on me. I haven't enable WEP yet, but I'll do that tonight. I am NOT broadcasting my SSID however. When I plugged a line into the router and went through my NIC, it worked fine. I think that Greedo's computer had something to do with it...

:D

6. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    I ran into that exact issue when a housemate's PC became infected with a virus, my speed returned to perfectly normal when I disconnected them from my router. I'd suggest you shut computers down 1 at a time and run speed tests to determine the culprit if that happens to be the issue.

Otherwise it could be the router, try resetting it to factory defaults to see if that whips it into shape. Make sure that the SSID is off, even go as far as defining what MAC addresses are allowed on if you have that ability.

7. Darth_Myles

Aug 1, 2002
    It's got to be Greedo's pc then. I ran Ad-aware on did a live update & virus scan on Darth Mommy's pc and it checked out fine. And there is of course NO spyware or viruses on my box or my laptop. Greedo blames Zam for the spyware and crap on their machine...hmmm...looks like the honeymoon is over...

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.