In light of Islam, Christianity IS NOT universal

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Darth Kruel, Apr 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Kruel Jedi Master

star 4
    CHRISTIANITY NOT A UNIVERSAL RELIGION

The Christianity of Jesus Christ was not meant to be universal. Though as far as its message and basic teachings were concerned, the religion of Jesus was not different from Islam, yet it did not contain complete guidance for all aspects of life and for all nations and ages. During the countless centuries of human history, when the different races of mankind were living in more or less complete isolation and there was no quick means of communication between one nation and another, God was sending different prophets to the different nations. Jesus was one of these national prophets. He was the Messiah of the Israelites.

This is what Dr. C. J. Cadoux, an authority in Christianity writes in The Life of Jesus with regard to the limited or national scope of Jesus? mission.

?The office of Messiahship with which Jesus believed himself to be invested marked him out for a distinctly national role; and accordingly we find him more and less confining his preaching and healing ministry and that of his disciples to Jewish territory, and feeling hesitant when on one occasion he was asked to heal a Gentile girl.?

Each nation having been separately guided to the truth by the national prophets, the time was ultimately ripe in the plan of God to raise the World-Prophet and reveal through him the Universal Religion. And so, when the world was on the eve of becoming one, God raised the Holy Prophet Muhammad [PBUH] to represent the essential message of all the prophets, shorn of all that was a temporary or limited nature and purged of all the later accretions and misinterpretations. He amalgamated the religions and traditions of the different nations into a single universal faith and culture and united the peoples of all the races and lands into a single world-wide brotherhood.

In considering the preposition whether Jesus is a Universal teacher or as an alternative whether Christianity is a Universal religion, the reader must bear in mind the facts disclosed in the Bible itself.

Jesus says:

?Think not that I come to destroy the law, or the prophets. I am not come to destroy but to fulfil. For, verily I say unto you, till heaven and earth pass one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.? [Matthew 5:17-18]

What Moses and the earlier prophets have taught in this respect forms part of the history of the religions of the world; but Jesus himself had no such plan to change the history of the world. The question to ask is what was the intention of Jesus himself? What was the design of God Who sent Jesus? This, nobody can express better than Jesus himself and Jesus said clearly:

?I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.? [Matthew 15:24]

?For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.? [Matthew 18:11]

The teachings of Jesus, therefore, is only for Israel, not for others. It is said by some Christians that Jesus exhorted his followers to go to other people:

?Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost.? [Matthew 28:19]

But to argue from this that Jesus had commanded his followers to take his message to people other than Israel is not correct. It means only this that the followers of Jesus were commanded by him to preach his message to all tribes of Israel and not to all nations and people as such. Jesus speaks in clear terms:

?Verily I say unto you, that ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of His glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.? [Matthew 19:28]

?I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. It is not meet to take the children?s bread, and to cast it to dogs.? [Matthew 15:26]

Again we read:

?These twelve Jesus sent forth and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not; but go rather to the lost shee
  2. Ghost Chosen One

star 6
    What do you think of Jesus' command at his Ascension, to spread the good news to everyone? And what of Jesus healing the friend of the Roman Centurion, declaring the Centurion's faith was greater than any he has found in all of Israel?
  3. Jedi Merkurian Episode VII Thread-Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    Spam is not allowed in the Senate Floor...This includes the direct posting of news stories or other articles without providing a basis for discussion.

This opening post is verbatim cut and paste from a website. However, feel free to discuss the themes brought up by this web page, either in the Christianity Thread or the Inter-Faith Chapel.

*click*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.