main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga In Love and War - ROTJ-AU - H/L, L/V - Completed!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LadyPadme, Jan 12, 2003.

1. Shloz

Shloz Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2001
    Very interesting, so far. You definitely have a way with getting into the characters' heads. And Yoda falling over in surprise was just perfect.

You didn't really explain Luke's return to Yoda, which is a serious AU diversion. What convinced him to return, which he didn't do in the canon films?

Anyway, I like so far, and I'll be along for the ride.

2. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    excellent post! wonderfull!
    jejeje I want to see Luke trying to convince Leia... jejejejejeje

3. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    Gabri_Jade: Glad you enjoyed it! I always loved the scene in ESB when Luke loses concentration and Yoda falls to the ground going, "Concentrate!". I'm so flattered that I could move someone to tears of laughter. Thanks!

RebelMom: In answer to your question, this will be my rough posting schedule: For this week, I will post tonight, Wednesday night and Thursday night at midnight. After this week, I will post twice a week, probably Sunday and Wednesday nights at midnight. If I finish the story, I'll probably increase the frequency of posts. At this rate, I probably have enough posts written already to last until the second half of March, but I'm only about 1/3 of the way done writing. (It will be quite a bit longer than OSAS)

Vader_incarnate: Glad to have you join, Milord. I don't mind if you add insufferably annoying comments as long as you get cracking on your own fics, young lady!

Leela: Thanks! :)

Shloz: Welcome aboard. In answer to your question, I'm actually kind of surprised; everybody else flipped because Leia was pregnant, but you thought that Luke going back to Dagobah was AU! I always thought that fit well with canon, because the time frame from ESB to RotJ was approximately 1 year. What was Luke doing in all that time? I always thought he spent that time training with Yoda, because (a) he promised Yoda he'd return, and (b) because he seemed so much more self-assured and graceful in his movements and skills. As it is, I'm surprised Luke was ready to become a Jedi with what little training he had. Look how long it took Obi-Wan and Anakin to get ready for their trials. :)

Darth_Masan: Thanks! Yes, Luke will have his work cut out for him... [face_devil]

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    LOL!! [face_laugh] That bit with Yoda falling over backwards was great! The mental picture I got in my mind was absolutely hillarious! Great post! :)

5. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

Thanks HanSolo29. Wow, I'm surprised how many people liked the Yoda thing! Glad you liked it, though. :)

Anyway, I'm a little sleepy, so I'm going to put the next post up a little early...

Chapter Three

?Are you insane?? Leia asked incredulously. ?I can?t leave now! There must be a thousand things on my plate right now! I?ve got six meetings just this afternoon, and a stack of data discs taller than me to go through. I was supposed to have been assigned an aide but we barely have personnel to do essential work?anything else is just a pipe dream. I??

?Slow down, Leia,? Luke remonstrated. ?When was the last time you had any sleep or anything to eat??

?I?? Leia?s comforting lie slipped away. She paused, realizing she couldn?t remember the last time she had anything to eat. She had a cup of terrylberry juice for breakfast, and remembered sparing the time to wish she could drink some Caf in her pregnant state. Then, she had been so busy?

?You?re killing yourself like this,? Luke said. ?Even if you weren?t??

?Shhh!? Leia hissed, forestalling Luke?s next words. They were walking along the main corridor of Lightning toward her suite, and there were dozens of people in the hallway around them going about their various tasks; it was about as public a place as they could be.

?You haven?t told anyone?? Luke asked, lowering his voice.

Leia shook her head. ?It?s none of anyone else?s business. I?ve got enough to do without having to deal with gossip and speculation.?

?You?you haven?t changed your mind, have you?? Luke asked, a little anxiously, worried over Leia?s tone of voice.

?About what?? They had reached the doorway to Leia?s suite. Leia pressed the controls and the door slid open.

?About having the??

?Of course not!? Leia?s words were vehement as she drew back into her suite. She?d go against any odds, fight to the last breath if necessary to have this child. Han?s child.

?Then you have to listen to me,? Luke said urgently, following her into her suite. The door slid shut behind them. ?I didn?t ask you to come with me to Dagobah from some crazy impulse or to bring you along for a little vacation?although stars know you could use one. If you want to protect this baby, you need to come with me?for your safety and for the baby?s safety.?

?What are you talking about?? Leia asked, sharply. Luke?s last words had certainly gotten her attention.

?Yoda?he told me you are in danger.?

?Yoda? The Jedi Master you told me about?? Leia asked, starting to feel her native skepticism rise despite her vow to stay open-minded about the Jedi.

?Yes. He said he sensed that I was troubled, and I told him about you, that I??

?You did what?? Leia was furious, the anger making color rise into her cheeks. ?How dare you tell anyone?you knew I wanted this confidential! That this was no one else?s business!?

?This wasn?t a gossip session,? Luke answered in a clipped voice, surprising Leia. Usually Luke was quite diffident in his attitude toward her and rarely argued. She was startled into silence. Luke continued: ?If I hadn?t been worried about you I would never have said anything. The problem was, once I said it, Yoda?s reaction worried me even more. He?I?ve never seen him this way. He?s usually very calm and collected, but when I told him about you, he seemed?I mean, there was an urgency to his voice that I?d never heard before. You know me, Leia. I know you always thought of me as that naïve farm boy from Tatooine??

?I don?t think of you that way,? Leia interjected.

??I?m not that same person, now,? Luke said, adding: ?Please let me finish. What I?m trying to say is that I?m not some wide-eyed kid who believes everything he?s told, and I wouldn?t come to you with this if I didn?t think this was important. If Yoda thinks you?re in danger, you should take what he says very seriously.?

Leia was quiet for a moment, digesting Luke?s statements. After a few moments, she said, ?I?ve heard what you have to say, Luke, and I u

6. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    *grins* You tell her, Luke.

Excellent dialogue. Sounds just like them -- I could just see the whole scene unfolding. Will Leia come around like a reasonable person, I wonder, or will it take something a little more dramatic to convince her?

7. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Yep, she's about as interested in leaving as I thought she would be. ;)

thanks for the early post.

8. LovelyLea

LovelyLea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2001
    Great post LP! Keep up the great work! :)

9. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Great post, LadyPadme. :)

10. DarthMasan

Sep 20, 2002
    wow! great way to make the L/L disscussion.. keep it up!
    Uppers!

11. starwoid

starwoid Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2002
    Nice dialogue between Luke & Leia. I can only hope that she agrees to go to Dagobah!

Will they find out that they're twins? That would definitely complicate everything.

Great post!

starwoid

12. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Great posts, LP. :)

I laughed at Yoda's reaction to the news of Leia's pregnancy, too.

13. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002
    Gabri_Jade: Thanks. :)
    As for Leia agreeing to go to Dagobah--you know it would take a thunderbolt to make her go, right?

RebelMom: Yep, she's about as interested in leaving as I thought she would be - Nothing comes between Leia and her work...even her bvd's ;)

LovelyLea and Sologal: Thanks!

Darth_Masan: Glad you liked the L/L discussion

starwoid: Will they find out that they're twins? - tune in...well, can't say tune in tomorrow, because it's going to be many, many tomorrows, but--eventually, yes. :)

Knight-Ander: Glad you liked the Yoda scene. :D

More later tonight, folks!

14. Diabla

Diabla Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2002
    * hits forehead*
    Dang, missed a post :(. Anyway, great post, very nice L/L interaction. More soon (and hopefully, I won't miss it ;))

- Dia

15. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Force Ghost star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    Aw, Luke and Leia are so cute together. [face_love] ;) *giggles* I can just picture that -- they're adorable. :)

Insufferably annoying is very, VERY insufferably annoying. :p Just wait till we get to the part where I can start rooting for milord and run in here with daily cheers and pompoms. [face_devil] ;)

And my fics? *cough* I'm working... while I do homework, but who cares if random roses or bottles of Corellian brandy pop up in an English essay? :p

16. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002
    Diabla: Glad you liked the L/L, too. More to come...in 5 minutes. :) ;)

vader_incarnate: Ahh...those good old days of homework--not. Although, my New Year's resolution was to do more reading/studying--sigh. Haven't really gotten to it (bad, bad, bad LadyPadme). Our favorite Dark Lord will not show up for a while--although I promise before the fic ends, he will show up. (Dunh-dunh-dunh-DUNH-da-dunh-DUNH-da-duhn...strains of the Imperial March Theme...)

More as soon as I can load the next post. :)

17. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002
    Okay, folks, bear with me. It's another transition post, and then quite the doozy coming tomorrow. :)

Chapter Four

?Anything else to add, your Highness?? Frendon Ackban, senior aide to Mon Mothma asked.

Leia looked up from the notes on her datapad, and shook her head. The meeting was the last for the day?the last of twelve meetings she had attended during the day. She was feeling very tired, and having a hard time concentrating. ?Nothing to add at this time.?

?Shall we call this meeting adjourned, then?? Mon Mothma asked, rising to her feet.

The other attendees all nodded their agreement. It was late in the day by Standard Time, and nearly everyone was tired and hungry, wanting to return to their quarters to rest. Mon Mothma signaled to adjourn and with a sigh of gratitude, the fifteen attendees got up to leave.

?Your Highness,? Mon Mothma caught Leia?s attention as the tired Princess was shuffling her way to the door. ?I need to speak with you.?

Suppressing a groan of annoyance, Leia calmly turned to the leader of the Rebel Alliance. ?What?s the matter??

?Are you all right?? the older woman asked, with real concern in her eyes. ?I don?t mean to pry, your Highness, but you?ve lost weight and there are dark circles under your eyes. You don?t look well, at all.?

Despite her weariness, Leia still retained enough acuity of intellect to wonder what was coming next. It was unlike Mon Mothma to notice little details like the fatigue on her subordinates? faces. Mon Mothma was a superlative organizer and deal-maker, but tended to leave little details to her aides. The fact that the older woman was being so solicitous made Leia suddenly very alert. She didn?t think of Mothma as someone generally underhanded or manipulative, but Leia knew no one could become the leader of the Rebellion without knowing how to play the game.

?I?m well enough,? Leia said, cautiously. ?Thank you for asking.?

?Are you well enough to undertake a mission I have for you??

Leia hesitated. Although she had denied feeling exhausted and over-worked to Luke, Leia privately agreed that she needed a little rest. She was seven weeks along, and almost daily, had to fight off the morning sickness that plagued her. Actually, the term ?morning sickness? was a bit of a misnomer, since the sensation lasted pretty much all day. She rarely vomited, but spent most of the day feeling a faint queasiness, an utter lack of appetite, and a vague malaise that bothered her, and?something she would never admit out loud?frightened her a little.

?Your much vaunted enthusiasm seems a little off, your Highness,? Frendon Ackban said, coming up behind Mon Mothma. His cold, fishy, Mon Calamari eyes turned to regard the Princess.

Leia heard the disapproval and the baiting in Frendon?s voice and ignored it. They had once been at odds over the identity of an Imperial spy who had infiltrated Alliance ranks. Ackban insisted the spy was Han, and Leia defended Han, eventually discovering the true identity of the infiltrator. For some reason, Ackban seemed to act as though he had been personally affronted ever since that incident, and had treated Leia coldly since then.

Just lighten up, you crustacean-head. The words popped unbidden into Leia?s mind, and she could almost hear Han?s voice saying those words. She smothered a smile at the thought, and then sobered instantly, as her mind turned to Han with a soul-deep longing that never seemed to go away.

?I?m sorry if I can?t seem to mount enthusiasm to suit you,? Leia said, coldly. ?I?m a human, and I am a little tired.? She turned back to Mon Mothma. ?What?s the mission??

?We have reason to believe that the Emperor has plans for a very large scale assault on the Alliance. We?ve been getting reports that are unsubstantiated, but worrisome about a secret weapon he?s building.?

?What type of weapon?? Leia asked, her mind racing over the implications.

?We just don?t know,? Mon Mothma said. ?As I said, we only have unsubstanti

18. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    No! Don't go to Coruscant Leia! It's a set-up!

I don't like/trust this Ackban piece of seafood. :mad: Leia should go to Dagobah!

Can't wait for tomorrow's post, LP. :)

19. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Force Ghost star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    Oh Palpy won't be able to sneak up behind the Rebels to annihilate them. [face_plain] They'll be able to smell him coming long before. [face_mischief] *tries to envision Palpatine brushing his teeth...*

*coughs* Sorry. Had to add that. :p

But, stars, this is shaping into a very AU story... is there a second Death Star over Endor, I wonder? :confused: Because... that would be not good if the Alliance doesn't know. *thinks*

Oh stars, my brain is still in off mode... :_|

20. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    As for Leia agreeing to go to Dagobah -- you know it would take a thunderbolt to make her go, right?

Well, she'd better prepare herself for a thunderbolt then, because I have a feeling that one (and probably more than that) is coming her way. Hopefully before this very risky sounding mission to Coruscant that her sense of duty will probably compel her to accept even though she ought to listen to a Jedi Master when he warns her of danger.... *sigh*

And now to count the hours before that doozy of a post. :D

21. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Something tells me that Leia is going to ignore Luke's advice and take a mission. Then again, she might surprise me and go to Dagobah. Guess I'll have to wait for that doozy of a post. ;)

22. Leela

Leela Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    Oh, no! I'm offline for a week! :( (taking kids to beach and having comp rebuilt while I'm away.)

But I guess I'll have lot's to read on the 24th!! :D

Really, really liked the talk between Luke and Leia, LadyPadme!

See you in a week! ;)

23. inez_the_swampgirl

inez_the_swampgirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    I just wanted you to know that, due to DRL, I have been reduced to lurking, but I am really loving this fic. :D

inez

24. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Two great posts, LadyPadme! :)

25. DarthMasan

Sep 20, 2002
    wonderfull post!!!