main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga In Love and War - ROTJ-AU - H/L, L/V - Completed!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LadyPadme, Jan 12, 2003.

1. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    Knight_Ander: Don't worry, Leia's not going anywhere near Coruscant. :D

vader_incarnate: tries to envision Palpatine brushing his teeth - after reading your reply, it reminded me of a one-post I read a while back. I went back and checked out Grand Admiral Jaxx's fic "Nostril of Palpatine" again--then found it's great sequel "Armpit of Palpatine" -- in case anyone is interested, those are brilliant!

Gabri_Jade: Thunderbolt coming later... [face_devil]

RebelMom: Well, you're partially right, but--well, you'll just have to wait and see. :)

Leela: Have a great time at the beach. See you back on the 24th. :)

inez: don't worry about posting here--take care of DRL first, so we can see your postie sooner. Can't wait till Monday!

HanSolo29 and Darth_Masan: Thanks!

More later tonight. :)

2. Diabla

Diabla Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2002
    Sorry, I'm late. I hate homework. Great posts. Still can't write well in english when I only have thirty seconds to write. Sorry.

- Dia

3. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Don't worry, Leia's not going anywhere near Coruscant.

Thanks the Force.

::Knight-Ander settles before his computer and patiently waits for new post::

4. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

Diabla: Thanks.
    (Just curious--being French Canadian and all, are you a Canadiens fan? I used to have the biggest crush on Guy Carbonneau--although I guess the last time they won the Stanley Cup, you were probably still in nursery school. ;) )

Knight_Ander: Next post coming a little early (right away, in fact!)--I need to get to bed so I can look semi-intelligent at work tomorrow. :)

5. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002
    Chapter Five

?She wants you to do what?? Luke was incredulous, and nearly knocked over his helmet, which he?d rested on the table next to him. Luke had been training again with Rogue Squadron since he returned from Dagobah and had just concluded a series of training maneuvers that afternoon. He and Leia were eating dinner in her suite to which Leia had returned as soon as her meeting was concluded.

Leia rolled her eyes. ?Don?t be so melodramatic, Luke. This is what I do. It?s what I?ve been doing for years. What else is new??

Luke flipped his eyes briefly at her stomach, which was still flat.

?All right,? Leia conceded. ?That?s something new, but she doesn?t know about that. Besides, it wouldn?t stop me from doing this type of work. My end of it would really involve sitting in a command center somewhere giving orders.?

?Well, you?re pretty good at doing that,? Luke interjected slyly, as he took another bite of his Ithorian grain bread.

Leia was startled for a moment, and then gave Luke a wry grin. ?You?re awful, Luke!?

Luke smiled back, but then sobered. He finished chewing, and said, ?Sitting in a command center somewhere is what that job sounds like on the surface. Knowing you, it?ll end up being some mission where your life will be on the line a dozen times over?there?ll be blaster fights and space chases and you?ll be running out in front leading everyone all the way.?

?It wouldn?t be like that,? Leia protested. ?But in any case, I haven?t made up my mind about it.?

?I think it?s too dangerous,? Luke said, bringing up his arguments again. ?But, you already know what I think about it. So just add that into your thoughts before you say ?yes?. I know you want to do your duty, but you have more than one obligation, now.?

?All right,? Leia leaned back from the table, too tired to sustain another argument. ?I said I?ll think about it, and I will.?

Luke eyed her skeptically. To change the subject, Leia said, quickly, ?I received a message from Chewbacca today.?

Luke swallowed his blue milk, his eyes alert. ?What did Chewie say? Have they found Han??

?No,? Leia said, trying to keep the bitterness out of her voice. ?They have made contact with Jabba the Hutt, and Lando has apparently gotten himself a position inside Jabba?s palace as a guard, but has not been allowed in from the outer portals, yet. They?re sure Han?s in Jabba?s palace or that Jabba at least knows where Han is. Chewbacca is investigating the area around Mos Eisley, just gathering some more information.?

?Chewie?s wasting his time,? Luke said, dismissively. ?There?s nothing to see around Mos Eisley except sand and dust?trust me, I spent more time there than any human being should.?

Alone in her suite after Luke had left, Leia sank down into the sha?ak leather couch in her sitting room, and swung her feet up on the couch. Much as she missed Luke during his time away on Dagobah, she didn?t want to be with him, now. She didn?t want to have to think about the dangers he mentioned. She didn?t want to think over Mon Mothma?s proposal. She just wanted to have a little time without turmoil to allow herself to rest.

Leia took a sip of steaming Chandrila tea, allowing its heat to soothe her and then put the mug down, sinking her head back into the soft leather cushions.

?Han,? she whispered, softly, ?I miss you so much.?

The whisper seemed to carry a fraction of a second longer than it should, lingering in the quiet stillness of the room. Leia closed her eyes, almost hearing Han's response: ?I know.?

Leia pictured Han's handsome face, the sharp features relaxed in a lazy grin, the way he looked as he leaned over her as she rested on the battered chaise lounge in his cabin. She gave herself over to the luxury of remembering:

The ship's course had been set for Bespin, and most of the systems had been powered down, except for the sublight drive and low level emergency lights. Chewbacca had gone to his cabin to rest, and C-3PO had been powered down somewhere in the

6. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

You're evil! Evil, evil, evil! And that's all I have to say about that.

7. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    *sulks for a minute about evil cliffhangers, then remembers something*

Oh, all right, so it was well written, but that doesn't mean it wasn't evil. And if that was Palpatine cackling, how does he know about Leia? And if it wasn't Palpatine, who was it? Aaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhh! The curiosity is going to kill me. Or at least give me high blood pressure. ;)

8. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Yeah, what Gabri Jade said. :p

Hope you look at least somewhat intelligent at work in the morning. :)

9. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Oh yeah, that was a doozy. You sure your name isn't really LadyPalpy? ;)

Well done.

10. malaika

malaika Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2001
    Oh no, you can't stop now and let us wait until next week !!!???

11. LovelyLea

LovelyLea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2001
    Great job! But must you make us wait so long? :)

12. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    *beats self with broomstick* I?ve been allowing the Australian Open (tennis) to distract me from reading. Shameful!

*blushes slightly* What a nice welcome to the thread, LP. I?ve always wanted to hop on the bandwagon of one of your fics, but never got the chance to do so due to time restraints. Ah, beautiful, beautiful holidays. Something which Heaven designed, I?m sure.

Anyway, back to this wonderful story. She?s losing the child? Definitely not good. Luke, quick, pull you arm out! Save the child! I?m guessing it?s too late to go to Yoda, tsk, tsk. You know, out of all the fish I?ve known thanks to Elli (vader_incarnate), Mr. Alliance Fishy seems quite spiteful. I wonder how he would feel if he was plagued by sickness. We would probably find his eyes popping out of his sockets.

Let the wait begin! May I just say that torturing us is such a mean sport? ;)

LP: 1. Readers: 0.

*grumble*

Am [face_love]

13. Miska

Miska Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

great post LP!!!

14. Diabla

Sep 30, 2002
    ...I...you?...how?....*sigh*...and I thought that my story had major cliffhangers.

Just curious--being French Canadian and all, are you a Canadiens fan? I used to have the biggest crush on Guy Carbonneau--although I guess the last time they won the Stanley Cup, you were probably still in nursery school.

How dare you?! j/k. Even if I'm french-canadian, I was born a Leafs fan and will die as one lol... (I'm desivily ignoring that fact that Toronto hasn't won the Stanley Cup in like, sixty years *sigh*) Guy Carbonneau who's he? Yeah, I don't even think I was born the last time the MCs won lol. Martin Brodeur on the other hand... :D

Post more soon!

- Dia

15. Dancing_Jansons

Dancing_Jansons Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    Wow, I just found this. I really like it, LadyPadme, good job! Please post soon, you meanie! ;)

How dare you?! j/k. Even if I'm french-canadian, I was born a Leafs fan and will die as one lol... (I'm desivily ignoring that fact that Toronto hasn't won the Stanley Cup in like, sixty years *sigh*)

Don't worry, Diabla, it's only been 39 years. ;) And they were close to the Finals last year, so take heart. Um, GO WINGS!

EDIT: smiley face gone wrong....twice

16. Diabla

Sep 30, 2002
    Don't worry, Diabla, it's only been 39 years. And they were close to the Finals last year, so take heart.

Yeah... the the key word is close we're always close...but never win.

Um, GO WINGS!

WINGS?! YOU STOLE CURTIS JOSEPH! *sobbs* LoL.

Isn't he the best?... well at least he has more of a chance winning with you, then us... *mumbles about Pat Quin's stupidity*...

- Dia

17. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    *gasp* oh dear! you cant do that to us! no no no no no no no no noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!
    this is going to be a long weekend...
    :( :_|

18. Silent_Jedi

Silent_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 2, 2001
    I'm a sucker for well-written Han/Leia stories and an even bigger sucker for cliffhangers!!!!!!!

This is really good! And if Leela (fantastic author, btw) is reading, then you KNOW it rocks!!

For all us suckers out there, remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd fall off!

Good work!

19. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002
    All right, boys and girls, I did warn you that last one would be a doozy!

Gabri_Jade: You're evil! Evil, evil, evil! And that's all I have to say about that - Hee, hee! LP gives gleeful laugh of naughty child :D

As far as that cackling laugh goes, it wasn't Palpatine--it's more of an overactive imagination on Leia's part, coupled with her being in pain and in sheer terror.

Knight_Ander: Hope you look at least somewhat intelligent at work in the morning - Thanks

RebelMom: You sure your name isn't really LadyPalpy? - [face_devil]

malaika: Welcome to the story! Another post on Sunday night at midnight (EST).

LovelyLea: must you make us wait so long? - I'm trying to write as much of the story as I can, but I fear that DRL or writer's block would make things come to a crashing halt, so I'm spacing things out a little to give me breathing room.

- and to be a little evil :D

Amidala_Skywalker: All will be revealed soon about Leia's baby. As for Mr. Fishy--I used him once before in another fic, so I thought it would be fun to bring him back (for me, anyway :) ).

LP: 1. Readers: 0. - what happens when the readers score? Do I get pelted with rotten vegetables? ;)

Miska: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! - YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! - Nice to see you again!

Diabla: WHO IS GUY CARBONNEAU???? - AARGHHH! This just reminds me how old I am! Guy Carbonneau was captain of the Canadiens when they last won the Stanely Cup in '93. When he retired last year, he had the distinction of being the oldest active player in the NHL, although by then, he was on the Dallas Stars. And as for being a traitor, I don't live in Quebec, or even Canada. I live in NJ, although I still consider myself to be a New Yorker. Why I'm not a Rangers, Islanders or Devils fan is another story...

Dancing_Jansons: Please post soon, you meanie! - Welcome to the story! I just got through explaining to my husband that I considered your remark to be a compliment!

Darth_Masan: this is going to be a long weekend... - Cheer up! It's halfway over!

-BTW, dying of curiousity--are you male or female? I can't figure this out. :D

Silent_Jedi: For all us suckers out there, remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd fall off! - Hmmm...never quite thought of things that way.
    Anyway, welcome to the story.

More after midnight Sunday, folks! Hope to see you then.

20. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Oh no! Leia can't be losing Han's baby. She'll be heartbroken if she does. :_| And nice flashback, LadyPadme. :)

21. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    im a female.. sounds like i should update my file...

Cheer up! It's halfway over!
    pacience is not my virtue...
    ;)

22. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Force Ghost star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    Oh good Force, that was cruel. :_| I'm going over there to sulk. *points* And... what happens when the readers score, you ask? That'd probably happen with some kind of particularly witty comeback or... well, unlikely, but I saw it on oba's stories before. *shrug* She had to agree not to post another cliffie in exchange for a cliffie-less post from one of her readers...

*wonders...* [face_devil] ;)

*wanders off to pout and sulk*

23. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    *laughs* Would you like to join me in my sulking corner, V_I? We may need to use it a lot with this fic.

As far as that cackling laugh goes, it wasn't Palpatine--it's more of an overactive imagination on Leia's part, coupled with her being in pain and sheer terror.

Well, I'm relieved. Not that she's in pain and terror, of course, but that's it's not Palpatine; because my overactive imagination thought it was. Okay, maybe I won't get high blood pressure from that particular issue, but I'm sure you'll more than make up for it in future posts. Speaking of which..... *begins the countdown until next post*

24. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002
    Just saw "The Two Towers" last night. I must say, that Legolas is very, very dishy...

Sologal: All will be revealed in good time. :)

DarthMasan: Thanks for clarifying that! I hope I haven't offended, I was just curious

vader_incarnate: No pouting or sulking, milord! Is that any way for a Dark Lord to behave?

Gabri_Jade: Next post coming in 7 hours...or 420 minutes...or 2520 seconds. ;) (I went to MIT, a.k.a. Nerd U.) :)

Author's note: My muse has been sitting over my shoulder this week, and I've managed to pound out 8 more posties. As a result, I think I can increase the schedule of posts to 3x per week - Sunday night, Tuesday night and Thursday night. Hope to see you then!

25. StonedRose

StonedRose Jedi Master star 2

Jan 20, 2001
    *rubs hands together eagerly* Oh, wow! What a deliciously wonderful fic! I'm loving it so far. I'll definitely have to keep an eye on this. :)