main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga In Love and War - ROTJ-AU - H/L, L/V - Completed!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LadyPadme, Jan 12, 2003.

1. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Well I...

nevermind. ;)

2. KatarnLead

KatarnLead Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 5, 2002
    Phew! I just caught up on about 4 or 5 chapters worth!

Good work! Damn, but I never expected to see Han get paralized, but I never doubted that he would recover.

Great work, though! Waiting for the conclusion!!!

3. Tycalibur

Tycalibur Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 26, 2001
    *snorts*....I was the one that walked in quietly, handed you cookies, and ignored all the Han bickering.

:)

Han is still being a stick in the mud. A couple of what...months have passed now? I bet even Chewie's tired of it by now.

Now, what is this business about the Falcon being given back to Lando???
    :mad:

On second thought, I've changed my mind. Han has every right to be foul and bitter.

4. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    I wasn't worried, LadyPadme. I knew you would never do permanent damage to our beloved scoundrel. ;) But I also knew you couldn't resist torturing your readers a little while longer. [face_devil] Now if Han will just come to his senses before it's too late and permanently drives Leia away...

5. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

J_Girl: I have shivering to use as my yard stick. Wow, this is gonna be tough.

- Knowing you, you'll come through beautifully!

TJM: How close am I?

- Let's suffice to say, Leia won't be happy to see Han come back, and if she did have a lightsaber on hand, certain body parts would be in jeopardy.

EmilieDarklighter: * giggles * You're so funny!

KatarnLead: Burkie!!! Woohoo! How nice to see you back again!

Tycalibur: Han sold the Falcon to Lando who has just sold it to Leia.

Sologal: * grins * You know me well enough... ;)

More tomorrow night!

6. StonedRose

StonedRose Jedi Master star 2

Jan 20, 2001
    I double dare you to go up to Han and do that! I'd bet anything you'd just melt into his arms and whisper, "Take me!"

No, I--! Well, er....um...okay, fine, you got me there. [face_blush]

7. Tycalibur

Dec 26, 2001
    LP: Gotcha...I stand corrected. :)

8. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    *finished writing on the board* May I go to recess Teacher Lady Padme?
    ;)
    jejej

Cant wait for tomorrows post!!!

DM

9. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Um, oops [face_blush]

I DO like the idea of selling the Falcon to Leia.

typo, maybe? ::grumbles::: Darn you, DT. First chats, now posts.

:::sighs:::

Sorry bout that! :)

Three posts?! :_|

::Windstar Out::

10. FreighterPilot

FreighterPilot Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2003
    Hello!
    I've just stumbled onto this story (well, four days ago, actually, it took me that long to catch up!) and I must say I'm impressed. Not just with the story itself (which is amazing, btw), but also with the frequency of updates and the camaraderie of the thread in general.
    In addition to praise, I'd like to offer all you wonderful writers my beta-reading services. While fairly new to it, I find I enjoy it immensely, and I think I do a decent job of it.
    Whatever you decide to do to our beloved H&L, LP, please just keep the story coming!

11. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Hmmmm

So, Leia owns the Falcon now? That was nice of Lando. Although, even if he hadn't doen so, we know Lando would've taken good care of the ship.

But, now Leia has it.....and Han has been a jerk.

Perhaps Leia should take advantage of her now owning the Falcon for a little...revenge. :D Nothing that would damage the ship, or anything. Maybe just some...redecorating ideas. You know, she outs some (pink) carpeting down in the lounge area. She could redo the bedrooms with some more frilly, Alderaan style afghans. In the cockpit, she puts some new slip covers over the seats...with a flowered motif, and places some pot pouri around the cockpit.

Then, if Han complains, Leia can just say that it's her ship now. He made his choice to sell it. If he hadn't have been so stubborn, the ship wouldn't have pink interiors...and he has to wipe his boots now when he comes up the entrance ramp. :D

Ahhhh...Han torture.....Good for what ails you. :)

12. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

StonedRose: ;) See, since I know I could never smack Han upside the head, I'm sure none of the other H/Lers could, either. :D

Tycalibur: :)

DarthMasan: * sighs * All right. You may go out and play, now. But remember...

Bri_Windstar: Yeah, isn't it nice that Leia now has the keys to the car?

FreighterPilot: Welcome to the thread! Thank you for coming in, and I'm glad you like the story, thus far. Unfortunately, after today's post, only 2 are left... :(

TJM: * grins * I have to say, out of all the wacko ideas you've come up with for Han torture, this one is my absolute favorite.

...goes off into another spate of giggles...

Next post coming right up!

13. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

Chapter Seventy-Five

Leia sighed and leaned back in her chair, tiredly closing her eyes. She had been awake since before dawn, preparing for various meetings scheduled for the day. She?d met with dozens of people over scores of issues, and now in late afternoon still had a mountain of data discs piled on her desk waiting for her evaluation.

Since the fall of the Empire, the monstrous burden of transferring and transforming the enormous bureaucracy left behind under Palpatine fell to the small fledgling government, which had Mon Mothma at its helm. Initially, Leia had wanted no part in this. She had been deeply disillusioned after her clash with Mon Mothma, was mentally and physically exhausted by the mission to rescue Rydor, and had been profoundly hurt by Han?s defection; she wanted nothing more than to find a quiet place where she could live with Winter and Rydor and Luke and she could relax, and lick her wounds.

But within two days of Han?s departure to Raazynia, Leia had been approached by a small delegation that had come on behalf of Mon Mothma. A truce was being offered, and Leia was asked to return to her work. Leia understood that Mothma would never really forgive her after their argument over the Battle of Endor, but she knew that Mothma was too savvy and canny a political operative not to know that she needed to utilize every resource at hand. Reluctantly, Leia had agreed to return to her work, first in the capacity of consultant, which rapidly morphed into her current position as de facto second in command after Mon Mothma, who was provisionary President of the New Republic.

Leia?s days became transformed into a series of council meetings, subcommittee meetings, fact-finding meetings, and reams and reams of documents to review. All of that in between dealing with continued Imperial threats while navigating the tricky intergalactic political waters and fighting off intrigue and backstabbing by others of the newly formed government, such as the Bothan, Borsk Fey?lya.

Her nights became a whirlwind of diplomatic activity. She was constantly expected to appear at one social function after another. Leia attended dinners, cocktail parties, galas, art exhibits, musicales and balls in dizzying succession. At each event, Leia was paired with someone: a diplomat, a functionary or head of state. She guessed, although it was never officially mentioned, that Mon Mothma was trying to find a diplomatic or political match for Leia?a pursuit in which Leia herself had no interest.

There was one candidate in particular, whom Mothma seemed to be hinting at the most: Prince Isolder of the Hapes Consortium. The Hapes Consortium was a group of sixty-three planets ruled over by the Hapan royal family, a matriarchy currently headed by the aging Queen Ta?a Chume. The Queen had one son, Isolder, and she appeared to be very interested in pursuing a match between her son and Leia. Isolder was a tall, handsome blond-haired man, who was cultured, well educated, and very courtly in manner. However, their meetings left Leia cold. She was perfectly capable of being polite and charming when it was necessary for diplomatic purposes, but she didn?t find Isolder remotely interesting. Whenever hints were thrown out about a possible match between them, Leia always pretended obtuseness, or laughed them off.

This is not what I fought the Rebellion for, Leia thought, wistfully recalling her years in the service of the Alliance. Back then, life had a tang of adventure, danger and excitement and she could feel a zest for living every day.

Back then, she also had a Corellian scoundrel to liven up her days.

Leia opened her eyes and leaned forward, opening a drawer under her desk. She pulled out a small holographic picture of Han. It showed Han sitting at the sabacc table, leaning back in the chair in an easy, relaxed pose, with his characteristically charming smile and cocky tilt of his head. Leia had taken that picture years ago?she had been cataloguing and photographing some pieces of new military hardware th

14. FreighterPilot

FreighterPilot Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2003
    Wonderful update, LP! Don't mind the "once is enough" stuff at all, and especially not if it leads to mush!

15. Kab730

Kab730 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2001
    Wonderful Post and I enjoyed the once is enough bit

16. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    That was some fabulous mush at the end! :) And all it took was for Han to finally utter those three little words. I cannot blame Leia one bit for following her instincts after that. Now, all she has to do is break the news to Han about the Falcon. What shall she ask for!

17. LovelyLea

LovelyLea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2001
    FINALLY! :D Great post! :)

18. NETTYTHEPRINCESS

NETTYTHEPRINCESS Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2002
    I think I said this before... the best way to shut the princess up is for Han to kiss her. Well, I think I'm right. Great post LP!!!

19. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Shouldn't Han offer some sort of real apology and explanation for his reason?

He just seems to rely on his "charm" to allow himself to act that way and then just walk back in to repair the damage.

But...Leia does have the Falcon now. She can definitely hold the hammer over Han with that. As I said....she should go with pink and lots of pot pouri. Here's an added touch: remove all of Han's magazines about starships and new engines from the refresher...and replace them with women's magazines. :D

20. Miska

Miska Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    ::melts into puddle of mush::

Now why can't real life be like this??

21. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    What about Mara Jade?

Yes, Luke, what about her? ;)

Yay. Yay. Yay. Yay. Yay.

I am SO HAPPY.

He's BACK! I don't know how, but HE IS!! And what mush that was...YIPEE! You are MARVELOUS, Jieh!

22. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    Adowable.... [face_love]

nice post cant wait for next post!

23. Tycalibur

Dec 26, 2001
    Wow.

Hmph.

Hmmmmm.

Well, I will say this. Han's lucky all she did was slap him.

:)

~Ty

24. Kirana_Ti

Kirana_Ti Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2002
    Woooooo!
    That's my favourite post of this entire story, LP!!! I've been following along and, unfortunately, haven't had much time to comment, but this post I just have to say is amazing!!!!
    Not only is Han back, getting the wonderful, fiery Leia temper, but Winter's even getting some!
    hehehehehehe...
    Ahhhhhhh I've forgotten where I am in the post countdown... :( I don't want this to end!

25. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    ::sighs contentedly:: Ahhh, a veritable feast for my eyes! After wading through the boards for the trivia contest, this post is very welcome sight for sore eyes. And a Han and Leia mushy one , at that. [face_love]

I always enjoy Leia giving that Corellian a smack when he deserves one. I am definitely thinking he is going to be doing a whole lotta 'splainin' the next day, however. Oh, the towel falling off thing was brilliant.

And I nearly shrieked along with Leia when I read that Han was standing there in her living room. I knew something was about to happen, the alone in the apartment, heating up dinner, long shower - eventually I thought of those horror movies where everything is 'la de da, ho hum,' then WHAM! So, I was on the edge og my seat by the time she was combing out her hair.

I do hope we get to see the part where he finds out about Leia owning the Falcon. Hee hee, I can just see Han now: "Whaddaya mean your ship?" ;) It's probably not gonna happen like that, but it would serve him right for dissing Leia like he did.

Ahh, all is right with the GFFA now that Han and Leia are blissful (for the moment, anyway). Thanks for making my day, LadyPadme

J_Girl