main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga In Love and War - ROTJ-AU - H/L, L/V - Completed!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LadyPadme, Jan 12, 2003.

1. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I'm waiting for Han's excuse.

Seems Leia doesn't care at the moment. ;) Lovely mush, Doc.

2. KatarnLead

KatarnLead Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 5, 2002
    Aye! I is back! :D

Good work too! This fic is brilliant! :D

3. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    Han said "I love you!"--and this time, Leia was awake! *Grins*

When I read the line that went, Han Solo was standing in her living room. I thought that the post was over, LOL. I was thinking, "Of all her cliffies, this might be the worst..." But thankfully, I was wrong, hehe.

Oh, and as I've mentioned, I love it anytime Leia tries to/successes in decking Han... LOL. There's just something about that mental image that makes the whole scene quite humorous. :)

Great post, LadyPadme! I enjoyed the mush very much... But then again, like so many of us, I'm such a sucker for Han/Leia mush!

4. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Ah..... the long-awaited 'send Puggy into fits' post. *nudges Puggy* Good mush, dear? :p

Luke's still looking for Mara! Yay! :D And Han's back -- though how is something of a mystery. *shrugs* Not that Leia cares much right now...

Winter blushed. ?I should be back by about midnight.?

?Maybe not,? Leia said with a playful smile. ?Think positively.?

?Leia Organa!? Winter exclaimed, shocked out of propriety.

LOL, Jieh! :D I think that's the first bit I've ever read, pro or fan, that makes me see Leia and Winter simply as two ordinary, long-time girlfriends. About darned time, too. :D Lovely job, my dear. :D

5. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    Great post LP! :)

Han is back! :) Han at last says the magic three words! :)
    The no-treat penalty ends! ;)
    Cheese-pie (the one with Greek feta), Spinach-pie, Pumpkin-pie, Leek-pie, Milk-pie,
    Baklavas, Thiples, Nut-cake with ice-cream, Kadaifi with ice-cream, Ekmek
    All for you my lady.

But I think that idiot Corellian should have been tortured a little. He managed to get out all too easy. And you better not tell me about his problems. Typical male behaviour. He just thinks of himself and his misery. No concern about the others, the ones he says he loves.
    Will a woman do such a think? Will she? Never! I repeat never! Typical male behaviour! :mad:
    Our beloved princess has shown weak character. All the other times she was strong and now that it was necessary, she does what? She gives up with a kiss and the magic three words. Ha!
    Sometimes even the cleverest of us walk into the trap with our eyes wide open!
    A kiss and the magic three words! Ha! :mad:
    I understand that you love that ba? Corellian, my lady, but a little respect to the princess and the ladies wouldn?t harm. I am sure that my beloved Mara would never do such a mistake. She would cut that Jedi of hers in little pieces, if he dared to do such a thing. [face_devil] She probably would cut him for less. What do you say Gabri? Don?tyou think that the Princess needs desperately some lessons from our Mara? :D

JediArwen looks at the table with the pies and the sweets, angrily.
    Well, I promised that the no-treat penalty will ends when Han would have come back and I keep my word. :D

I just remember my degenerate feminist past. [face_devil] [face_laugh] :p

PS
    Luke is looking for Mara. Fine! That?s how things should be! She has already started training her Jedi. Not as some others... :p [face_laugh]

6. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    WOW LadyPadme! Great post! OF COURSE Leia would melt into his arms! LOL!!!! I don't think you are ever, ever going to make TJM understand! He is way beyond hope. He is a 'he' right? That is the only explanation to his complete and utter lack of understanding. :)

7. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    First of all..
    "I must have been insane to think that LadyPadme would ever permanently damage her beloved Han Solo."
    "I must have been insane to think that LadyPadme would ever permanently damage her beloved Han Solo."

ok now for the next post...

mush..always nice...
    but i do think he didn't give an adequate enough answer..
    it was too easy..she should make him beg..
    :)

all right..and what about Mara..come on she and Luke foreveR!

8. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    You may be right, JediArwen. Mara'd knock Luke silly and THEN she'd kiss him. But was the mush sweet anyway? *melts* *again*

9. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    ITA with JediArwen and Emilie. Han needs to be taught a lesson. If Leia allows him to walk over her now, how does Han learn to treat her with respect later on?

Mara would NEVER allow Luke to get away with treating her like that. Of course, Luke would never treat her like that in the first place.

It's great that Luke is actively searching for Mara. He should be careful though. She was still pretty ticked at him.

Is Leia doing anything with her Jedi training? Or has she fallen back into being Mon Mothma's protege and not following through on her potential? I'm surprised she didn't sense Han's presence in her liviing room through the Force.

However, she still has the Falcon, which gives her the best chance at payback. If she really wanted to make him squirm, she just needs to take it to the body shop and ask for a new exterior paint job...in pink. :D

10. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    As Winter didn't come back and disturb them, I'm guessing she scored. :D

11. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    TJM is right. Super Sweet Luke would never behave that way, and The Beautiful Red Head, Perfect Mommy, Wonderful Wife, Mara would never, ever behave that way... they are both just too Practically Perfect in Everyway....

(Give me Han any day!)

12. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    But I think that idiot Corellian should have been tortured a little.

LOL!!! JediArwen, I really like the way you think. :D :D :D Mara certainly has her weak moments (usually inspired by Luke), but you're right. Six months without a word and he'd be lightsaber bait. But this is LP, you know. She might just have succumbed to mush in order to dish out greater angst with the next post. There may not be many posts left, but I have great faith in my evil twin's ability to wring every last bit of drama out of a story. I'm hanging on to my seat. :D

*narrows eyes at GreatOne* Luke and Mara are hardly perfect, just different from Han and Leia. Be a pretty boring GFFA if all the characters were exactly the same.

As Winter didn't come back and disturb them, I'm guessing she scored.

*thwacks Toronto* Get your mind out of the gutter!

*unrepentantly snags one of LP's baklava and slips out of thread*

13. JediArwen

Dec 12, 2002
  14. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    I'm going to pretend you didn't say that, GreatOne. Obviously, you haven't read any of Gabri's work and are misinformed. :D Luke and Mara any day, but LP's Han and Leia...welll, it's the next best thing. And that's a HIGH compliment coming from me. ;)

15. JediArwen

Dec 12, 2002
    Stupid computer!

Emilie, my dear, I know I am right! :D Very sweet mush indeed, but be carefull of the *melt* thing, that's how idiot Corellians take the lead and you start chasing them.

TJM, I am glad to see that some males know their place. :p [face_laugh]
    Of course, Luke would never treat her like that in the first place.
    Of course, he is trained well. [face_devil]

Gabri I like the way you think too. :D You don't need to steel LP's baklava, here a whole plate for you. ;)

GreatOne, be carefull... :mad:

Where are you LP? You are afraid of what Mara's fans will do to your precious Corellian? The table is awaiting you my lady, hurry, or else Gabri will take everything. [face_laugh]

:eek: Oh, my god! Such a feminist delirium has to happen to me since my early twenties! :p [face_laugh]

16. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    LOL!!!!!!!!! You probably can tell I can't stand Mara!!!!!! LOL (Although I do like Luke, a little, except when he stole Han and Leia's kids away from them in EU books. He needed Leia to gut him with a lightsaber for that!)

PS.... You Luke and Mara fans are the ones saying Han and Leia should be like Luke and Mara, anyway..... see below:

JediArwen: I understand that you love that ba? Corellian, my lady, but a little respect to the princess and the ladies wouldn?t harm. I am sure that my beloved Mara would never do such a mistake. She would cut that Jedi of hers in little pieces

EmilieDarklighter: You may be right, JediArwen. Mara'd knock Luke silly and THEN she'd kiss him.

TJM: Mara would NEVER allow Luke to get away with treating her like that. Of course, Luke would never treat her like that in the first place

*puts up dukes, gets ready to fight Mara fans to the um.... well... puts up dukes*

17. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

FreighterPilot: :D Thanks! Glad you liked the mush!

Kab730: Thank you!

Solo_Fan: It definitely took Han long enough to utter those words, didn't it?

LovelyLea: Thanks!

NETTYTHEPRINCESS: If Han kissed you, wouldn't you be unable to speak for a week? I know I would... :p

TorontoJediMaster: Mara would have sliced Luke apart inch by inch with his own lightsaber, but I think that would be foolish and self defeating, since she would lose Luke in the end. Leia has already hauled off and whacked Han. And, don't worry, the Corellian isn't going to get off without an explanation before the end of the story...

- and Winter hasn't come back yet, because it wasn't midnight, yet. (And I totally agree with Gabri_Jade on this! Get your mind out of the gutter! :p )

Miska: How on earth am I supposed to reconstitute a Miska-mush-puddle? :eek:

EmilieDarklighter: * giggles * You know too much, honey...

DarthMasan: Thank you!

Tycalibur: Leia's not finished with Han, yet!!!

Kirana_Ti: Nice to see you again! :D Glad you liked the postie...

J_Girl: Ahhh, a veritable feast for my eyes! After wading through the boards for the trivia contest, this post is very welcome sight for sore eyes. And a Han and Leia mushy one , at that. [face_love]

* laughs * J_Girl, did I ever tell you how good you were for my ego?

- And I'm surprised you thought it was going to be a scary/creepy scene...I thought it would be too obvious that Han would be there ;)

RebelMom: I'm waiting for Han's excuse

- It's coming! It's coming!

KatarnLead: Thanks, Burkie!

Puggy: You know, I had thought about ending the post with Han in the livingroom, but I wanted to wrap up the fic by the end of this week, so I figured I'd just make the post a little long.

- Glad you liked it :D

Gabri_Jade: I think that's the first bit I've ever read, pro or fan, that makes me see Leia and Winter simply as two ordinary, long-time girlfriends. About darned time, too.

- Everyone jumped all over me for having Winter take care of Rydor, and acting like Leia's servant. Well, she does help out Leia, but I wanted to show that they had a different relationship from Mistress/Servant, and that they really were childhood friends. :)

But this is LP, you know. She might just have succumbed to mush in order to dish out greater angst with the next post. There may not be many posts left, but I have great faith in my evil twin's ability to wring every last bit of drama out of a story.

[face_devil]

JediArwen: Cheese-pie (the one with Greek feta), Spinach-pie, Pumpkin-pie, Leek-pie, Milk-pie,
    Baklavas, Thiples, Nut-cake with ice-cream, Kadaifi with ice-cream, Ekmek

[mouthfulloffood]I'm supposed to be on a diet, but thanks![/mouthfulloffood]

- And Leia's going to try to extract her pound of flesh NEXT post, okay?

GreatOne: * grins * After this, I'm sure no one doubts where you stand on L/M vs H/L :D I would warn you that you should be cautious speaking ill of Mara around my evil twin and my baby sister. They can get violent and start thwacking on a moment's notice.... :eek:

jade51999: 997 more to go, honey!

- Leia will make Han talk next time, okay?

18. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    Han had better have a good explanation. I mean, he just seems to fall back on his bad childhood, or his feeling he's not good enough....and all his insensitivities and hurts are instantly forgiven.

He should be made aware of what he's done and his so-called "charm" can't allow him to worm is way out of it.

I mean, what type of example is he setting for Rydor? That you can be insensitive to people and mistreat them as much as you like, but so long as you can charm them afterwards it's alright?

Han should go to Luke and get some lessons on how to treat a woman properly. Luke treats Mara with respect.

It's nice to see Winter is capable of saying things other than "Yes, your highness!" in Leia's presence. I honestly have a hard time seeing them as such old friends. If their relationship was so obviously centered on one being the superior of the other, I don't see how there could be a genuine friendship. Would Winter ever truly speak her mind to Leia? If Winter had wanted to do other work for the Alliance than to be Leia's nanny for Rydor, would she have dared to say so? Alderaan might have been a peaceful world, but it clearly had strict class boundaries.

I would've thought Leia and Winter would've talked about how Anakin had been the one to carve the jappor snippet.

So, does Winter come back at midnight and disturb them....or at dawn, with her hair a mess? :D

19. StonedRose

StonedRose Jedi Master star 2

Jan 20, 2001
    Yeah, I gotta here Han's explanation for this one.

Great post, though. Loved it. :)

20. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    *pops in to thwack Toronto*

*pops ou---*

*stops dead in her tracks*

Baklava? For me? :eek:

*blinks*

Baklava! For me! :D

*hugs JediArwen* [face_love]

Mmmmm, baklava....

*settles in to await next post while happily munching baklava* :D

21. RogueSticks

RogueSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2003
    ::claps happily:: splendid!!!! marvelous!!!! superb!!!! excellent!!!! terrific!!!! fan-bloody-tastic!!!!

22. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    *Gives dramatic sigh over TJM incorrect musings*

Han left Leia NOT because he had a bad childhood, but because he did not feel like he would be able to be a husband and a man, being paralyzed and all. He would want her to find a husband that could give her what he feels she deserves in life, even if seeing her with another man would tear his heart out! That not be the way LUKE would behave, true, but that is the way our Corellian thinks. He may not always be right but his heart is in the right place! He just goes about things a ...um.. little bit differently. Fortunately, Leia understands him!

*slaps TJM around a little and leaves*

23. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Yes, I am WAY behind on reading and reviewing.

30 years ago, Dr. Acktan was a Jedi Healer Padawan, but when the Purges came, his master was killed and friends of his master hid him. ... Does that explain Han's recovery?

Well, it made me laugh. I assume you weren't serious, cause then I'd be pestering you wondering why Luke didn't recognize his Force potential. I think I just like the 'Dr. Acktan is a quirky doctor, but good at what he does' explanation.

Onto the last post: Like Puggy, I thought you were going to leave us with a cliffhanger when Leia first saw Han. Then thought the same thing when Leia's towel fell off. But I'm glad you continued. I do believe there's hope for those two.

So can we M/L fans say that Luke is the hero for letting Han into the apartment? Maybe he even knew Leia was taking a shower, since she didn't come to the door.

And has Leia forgiven Mara for causing Han's injury? She seemed to be sympathetic to Luke's trying to find her.

Anyway, great chapter, and looking forward to the last two.

24. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    I never said he left her because of a bad childhood. He left her because of his own selfishness and insensitivity.

I'm saying he always falls back on his bad childhood and his insecurity about Leia as the excuse for his behaviour.

Han was helped by Force healing? Wow. How would he take that? I mean, he got the ability to walk again from "some hokey religon". Where does that fit in with his idea that a blaster solves every problem? :D

I'm guessing Luke didn't detect Acktan because he'd become so adept at hiding his Force signature. Luke is still relatively inexperienced as a Jedi, while Acktan has had decades to perfect hiding his Force signature.

25. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

TorontoJediMaster: Somehow I suspect that no matter what excuse Han has for his behavior, it won't be good enough for you, even if he was possessed by the spirit of Palapatine or something (I guess especially if he was possessed by the spirit of Palpatine, since I'm sure this would lead you to say that of course, Han would HAVE to accept the Force after that :p ). The operative issue becomes if Leia will accept his explanation...

- And yes, Acktan was a Jedi, but no one knows this except Acktan (and us :) )

StonedRose: Han's explanation is coming...

Gabri_Jade: :D

RogueSticks: Thanks!

GreatOne: * grins * Thanks for the defense!

Jedi-2B: Well, it made me laugh. I assume you weren't serious, cause then I'd be pestering you wondering why Luke didn't recognize his Force potential. I think I just like the 'Dr. Acktan is a quirky doctor, but good at what he does' explanation.

- :eek: Uh oh. I was dead serious. I did make up a back story for Acktan...

- As for why Luke didn't sense him, I was going to say because he never met Acktan when he visited Han, although I like Toronto's explanation better.

* giggles - Luke the hero because he let Han in? :D

Next post right away!