main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga In Love and War - ROTJ-AU - H/L, L/V - Completed!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LadyPadme, Jan 12, 2003.

1. FreighterPilot

FreighterPilot Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2003
    he spent several years as an intragalactic entrepreneur, running his own shipping business.

Loved that line! Easily the best euphemism for "smuggler" I've run across, in pro- or fan-fics. I've gotta say I loved the story, and will certainly stick around for the sequel (is this where it will be posted, btw?). You've prompted me to give Luke and Mara a chance, when I didn't think that was possible (I've always fast-forwarded through the "boring Luke parts" in the movies). Congrats and thanks for finishing the story (all too uncommon in many fandoms, sadly).

Thanks again,
    FreighterPilot, worshipper of parenthetical statements, apparently! ;)

2. NETTYTHEPRINCESS

NETTYTHEPRINCESS Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2002
    LP - I can't believe it's over!!! You posted your last post for this story!

I do have to admit I did get a bit teary when Han and Leia kissed at the end of the wedding.

You have and excellent gift for writing details. The wedding scene was LOVELY. I pictured everything in it's place, from the flowers to the alter, the flags in the wind, and also the empty stands for all the people of Leia's home world. WOW!!!! I just can't say enough about this story.

BRAVO!!!! BRAVO!!!!!

3. Matt Windu

Matt Windu Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2000
    Awesome!! :D

You posted early!! How on Gods green earth did I miss that!

I really enjoyed this story, I don't know what I'm going to read now, especially on Sunday, Tues, & Thur waiting for new updates. Now that this story & Han Alone are over, I'll have to rummage around the boards and see what else you've written.

I like that Leia saw her real parents at the end and that she had finally forgiven Anakin.

I think that H & L are both stubborn to the teeth, and that they both finally realized that they wanted each other, they just took the long way in getting there.

I kind of was hoping that Leia would have blown off Mon Mothma (I never liked her) at the end , especially since for what she said to Han, and just sort of faded into the background as maybe a Jedi ambassador while helping to rebuild the Jedi, oh well at least she is doing some teaching.

As for the new story, looks like an interesting beginning, so I'll have to keep an eye out for it,

I've rambled on too much, so again, great job, and I loved everything about the story.

Two thumbs up!! :)

4. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Sad to see this story end, but oh what a beautiful ending. Thank you so much for being a regular poster on your stories. This story was wonderfully written, and I'll definitely be reading the sequel. It may turn me into a Luke/Mara fan, but my favorite couple will always be Han and Leia. When I think of my favorite movie couples of all-time, only two come to mind, and it is no surprise that they are quite alike: Scarlett/Rhett and Han/Leia.

This has been mentioned more than once, but my absolute favorite line from the last post was:

he spent several years as an intragalactic entrepreneur, running his own shipping business

That is definitely the nice way of putting it. LOL!!

:) :) :)

5. Miska

Miska Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    :[face_sigh]: Weddings are so beautiful....that was absolutely perfect and I can't wait for "The Jade Prophecy"-- could you do me a favor and PM me when you post it? I'd really appreciate it!

6. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    [face_love] That has to be the sweetest thing I've read in a looong time!

Wow LP, you wrote an amazing fic! It sure kept me hooked all through the beggining till the end. Amazing! I realy liked the wedding post! I thought it was soo nice when Yoda, Obi, Vader and Padme appeard... [face_love]

As for your next story...umm..COUNT ME IN IMEADIATLY! sounds like an excellent one! And who knows maybe you can make me like Mara...(hmm...)
    FOUR SOLO KIDS! Han and Leia are going to go BESERK! jaja, Id love to see them handle them when they have a small "lets toss things around with the force to annoy dad" game! Sounsd like an awesome project keep it UP,

DM

CONGRATULATION ON FINISHING YOUR FIC, I have never finished one my self... :D ;) jejeje

7. Tycalibur

Tycalibur Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 26, 2001
    A VERY Star Wars ending to one of the greatest pieces of fan fiction that captured the spirit of the original trilogy, despite the fact that it was alternate universe.

Yes, I'm interested in the Jade Prophecy. Write on!

Bravo, LP...you sure know how to run a marathon like no other...I wish I had your tenacity.

;)

~Tycalibur

8. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I just remembered one more thing. ILAW had a very happy and satisfying ending. Does this mean that CONVALESCENCE is going to have a sad and tragic ending? Just curious, and I'm sure you'll have an evil grin in reply to this post.

9. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    I'm happy to have contributed to the fic.

I still think Leia should have done something to get back at Han, before giving him back the Falcon. My idea would have been to paint it pink on the outside, and "redecorate" inside. :D

Nice touch with Luke, Han and Lando in their dress uniforms. I don't think Luke would have needed special approval to wear his. As a veteran of his stature, I think he would have automatically been allowed to wear his dress uniform to a formal ceremony like that. Wonder how long it took Chewie to get himself groomed? I mean, what does he have to go through? He just heads for the shower with a blow dryer, a large comb, and an industrial sized bottle of shampoo and conditioner? :D Imagine what the shower drain would be like after Chewie's done? :D

I can't wait to read the sequel. When can we expect the first parts? :)

10. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    I think she said late summer, beginning fall, TJM.

11. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    ::stands up, clapping, whistling::

BRAVO! BRAVISSIMO!!

LadyPadme: You delivered a solid story with a full cast of characters. It had everything from love to action and back again. You had a beautiful royal wedding with lovely intricate details that was also moving. (I wouldn't have given the Falcon back if I were Leia, but again, the love thing ;) ) The entire thing was a great pleasure to read and you have a fan in me for whatever you write. I loved the idea of the wedding annoucement and it made me smile at points that others have already mentioned.

OOOh, look at all the pretty colors! Aw, thanks for such wonderful compliments. It is I that thanks you for writing and sharing a wonderful story. (although thanking your readers this way is an idea I would love to borrow from you, if my fic finds it way to the end.) I think I have great readers and I really want to show my appreciation.

The prologue: also a terrific idea and I am already hooked, considering I haven't really read a Mara fic before, that is saying something. I'm there.

Congratulations of you finishing and doing so with quite a flourish! :D

J_Girl

12. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    A beautiful end for a beautiful story LP! :)
    I have a great time reading it and for this I thank you. I love your writing, excellent portrayal of the characters, their internal conflicts, their feelings, their fears, their thoughts! From humour to tension, from sweet, tender or passion moments to wonderful fight scenes you have me looking forward to the next post till the end.
    Bravo!!!
    I would be very sorry that this story ends if there wasn?t ?Convalescence? in progress. So I?ll not miss your writing.
    And the news? we?ll have a sequel, a story about MARA! [face_love] :D
    Wow! I can?t wait! I can?t wait!
    And I promise I?ll not miss the beginning this time.

Thanks again my lady, be well and happy.

PS
    Shall we have a PM chapter in Mara?s story? [face_mischief]

13. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    LPPP! I LOVED it! Oh my gosh!! :::is giddy:::

I dont even know what to say! Where to start! Commenting on the post would be nice. ;)

A gorgeous wedding ceremony. Very posh and fun. I love Luke as the protective brother. Han thought he was serious for a bit? LOL :)

As much i as love Han and Leia, my fav part was def Anakin and Amidala, along with Obi and the Wise Old Sage of course ;) , appearing to bless the wedding. Very fun having Luke see them as well. This would be the first vision of his mother, yes? And i think Rydor is the most adorable baby. Pray tell, will he grow to be a savage? 8-}

A sequel? LP, i think i love you. Ooh, and its named after a certain femme female. Very fun.

:::giggles at the mention of thwacks:::

Shucks LP, you dont have to take it back, you'll just use it again sometime later anyway!! Seriously, the pleasure was ALL mine. I absolutely love this story, and its going to be so weird not waiting for an update. :::sniffles:::

You should be proud of yourself LP. I am, and so is Chris Carter ;)

::Windstar Out::

14. jedilady_th

jedilady_th Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2003
    I've been following this story for ages now and it was terrific, I'm sorry to see it end!I usually read L/M, but this one got me hooked. I will certainly keep a lookout for Prophesy!

15. KatarnLead

KatarnLead Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 5, 2002
    LP, they'll get cold if I let them out!

Oh! YOu finished! Must say, what a darn marvellous job you did! :D Congratsies!

16. zsuzsa

zsuzsa Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2003
    Finally I managed read your story to the end. Before holiday things blocked me from this important daily task!!! :mad:
    WOOOH! What could I say My Lady? I melted into the floor. I really enjoyed reading your wonderful story and your kind words. :)
    You could count me in whenever you start a new story.

Zsuzsa

17. Kab730

Kab730 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2001
    Wonderful ending-I'm sorry to see it end but I'm looking forward to the sequel.
    Kab

18. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    Wonderful ending to a wonderful story!

Merci beaucoup pour cette magnifique histoire, Dame Padmé!

AND, well, you can count on me to read your sequel about our favourite farmboy and our dearest Hand. If it's anything up to the standards of "In Love and War", I'm sure it's going to be pretty good, even if you think you're more comfortable with H/L relationship.

See you soon,

MTFBWY,

Laure

19. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    Wonderful ending to a wonderful story!

Merci beaucoup pour cette magnifique histoire, Dame Padmé!

AND, well, you can count on me to read your sequel about our favourite farmboy and our dearest Hand. If it's anything up to the standards of "In Love and War", I'm sure it's going to be pretty good, even if you think you're more comfortable with H/L relationship.

See you soon,

MTFBWY,

Laure

20. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

[face_love] I've definitely got the best readers in FanFic-dom! WOW! Thank you again!

And, now, I see that my description of Han's activities after he left the Imperial Navy raised a few eyebrows ... :D

crystalrain: Thank you, sweetie!

LovelyLea: Thank you. And I look forward to seeing you on the next fic. :D

TiaRaye: [face_blush] Thank you for your kind compliments. I'm so happy that you enjoyed the story.

Sunshine: Oh, dear, Sunny...you've got such an involved reply...well, all I can say is that I was frankly overwhelmed. You were such a fun and enthusiastic reader to this story, and I was so glad to have you along, and to have met you! And yes, if Han was my husband...why not have a passel of babies with him? ;)

Puggy: I have to post Jade Prophecy on Sun/Tue/Thur schedule? Well...* mulls this over * Okay. Just for you :)

- Again, thanks! It was really great to have you along for this story. And you are the most enthusiastic H/Ler I've ever met.

jade51999: Thank you! I look forward to seeing you in the future, too. MTFBWY, as well!

Jedi-2B: Thank you. I'm so glad you liked the story and it's ending. I look forward to seeing you on the next story, as well :D

GreatOne: Thank you! And ;) of course, Leia would have had to pay quite the bucketful for the glossing over Han got.

Gabri_Jade: * staggers unsteadily after being twirled * Ooh! Cheesecake! Diet Coke! And roses? For me? Thank you so much! Yes, and of course, I look forward to seeing you on JP, because you're going to be the one who makes sure that I have my characterization of Mara down properly. :)

VadeyFan2002: Thank you so much for reading.

Luke dreaming of confronting Mara, who wear a `white dress´ for that occasion, What a telling dream.

In the end he will not only be able to say he married the woman of his dreams, quite literately, but that of his nightmares too.

- I LOVED that idea! [face_laugh]

StonedRose: Again, I'm so flattered that you read this. Thank you so much...and * cough * might this inspire you to post some more on your fic? [face_innocent]

jedi-lelila: Thank you so much for coming into the thread and for your enthusiasm. The new story won't come on line for a while yet, but I look forward to seeing you there.

RebelMom: WOW! I've never seen you bounce before. [face_blush] Thank you. Look forward to seeing you on the new fic, too.

returnofthejeni: Welcome to the story! I know it's the last post, but I'm glad to have you along even so. Thank you for reading, and I look forward to seeing you in the next story.

EmilieDarklighter: My baby sister! * squeals delightedly * How happy I am that you came into this. And...yes! Mara Jade. I'll have to be very careful how I write her or else you and your J#2 will take turns thwacking me. ;)

- And...MORE plot bunnies :eek:

- Love ya, back!

FreighterPilot: Thanks again for reading. It was great to have you along. And, yes...I will definitely look forward to seeing you on the next fic.

NETTYTHEPRINCESS: * takes bow * Thank you so much! I'm so glad you liked the wedding scene. I had a lot of fun writing that one.

MattWindu: Thank you again for coming into the story. I'm so glad you liked it. And here's to the next fic...

Solo_Fan: Oddly enough, Scarlett and Rhett are also my favorite other couple! I just LOVED GWTW!

- In any case, I'm so glad you liked the story, and that it was regularly updated. Thank you for coming into the thread.

- As for the answer to your other question about Convalescence -- really, did you expect me to answer that any other way? [face_devil]

Miska: Thank you, and of course I'll be happy to PM you when the time comes.

DarthMasan: Thank you! I'm glad you liked the wedding scene! And I look forward to seeing you in the future!

Tycalibur: It was really great to have you along on this story. Thank you for your unfailing su

21. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    I have to say, when I got home from work today and saw Aunecah's PM, I screamed. :D

Thank you so much for the nominations! [face_love]

Best-AU
    Best Saga - In Progress
    Best Action
    Best Novel

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!

LP lays out a huge tray of cakes, cookies and ice cream to thank you all!

22. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    I totally understand the desire for breathing room. I look forward to analyzing it. :D

Heh-heh, yeah I figure they'd need some pretty good drain cleaner after Chewie's done in the shower. Maybe Han finds he has to use Leia's lightsaber to burn through to prevent a flood. :D

23. RebelPrincess

RebelPrincess Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2001
    I don't know where to start! I'M BACK!!! (Yes, I had a good trip!) I wanted to read yesterday, but my *insert swear word here* computer was not cooperating! Anyway, WOW! Took me a little while to catch up, and I was on the edge of my seat the whole time!

I nearly had a heart attack when you broke poor Han's back! Even though you're an evil author :p, I had a feeling he was going to get better. I was very glad I didn't have to write that sentence 1000 times :) You wouldn't permanently incapacitate Han. Hehe.

And the wedding!!! LOL, I loved the news article about the marriage. I also loved the appearance of Yoda, Obi-wan, Anakin, and Padme. And the wedding kiss! :D It was perfect!

And the sequel!! You made my day :) I'll definitely be looking for it! Good luck with Mara, she can be a feisty one. Well, guess I'll wrap this up. Thanks for giving all of us such a wonderfully entertaining tale! :)

24. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    Congrats on the noms, this fic deserves them! :D

J_Girl

25. malaika

malaika Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2001
    Thank you for making the third part of the OT so much better than the original script of RotJ! Looking forward to your next story.

And you are still invited to our beach house at the Kenyan coast ......