main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga In Love and War - ROTJ-AU - H/L, L/V - Completed!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LadyPadme, Jan 12, 2003.

1. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

LadyZ: Thank you so much for reading the story. I'm glad you liked it!

2. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    *looks at LadyPadme with such awe-filled eyes and takes a step back, melting from the emotional turmoil and the beautiful anti-climatic feeling of reading it all in less than 24 hours*

I did it, again, o great H/L writer that must be bowed to. I started from the beginning of one of your dastardly long stories and read it all. I started at about this time yesterday, read straight up to 2 AM again. (I'll be sure to take a picture of the bantha my mother had) But I wasn't done at 2!!! I read the next 40 pages today. And I fell in love.

You are truly amazing. The characters are so IN character. (The young one makes no sense... pardon me) I could hear all of them saying the things they said!!! Beautiful is the only word that describes it! The way you pulled everything in from the movies... *sighs* I am struggling so hard to say what I mean but nothing is coming out!

You

Are

Amazing.....

I....... I feel like such a bumbling fool trying to form a coherent thought in the presence of such a great.

Wow.

Thank you.

And something that touched me as well, while reading through all of these pages of posts, was the camraderie(sp?) between a lot of you. I am fairly new to these boards and it just made me smile to see that you have all such a great connection and friendship. It makes me hope someday I'll reach that sort of level. Right now I am fairly lonely. Hopefully time will help tell... Anyway! Enough about me, this is supposed to be about you!!!

The emotions were raw and exquisite and left me drained as they drained the characters and exhilirated along with the characters. Simply and amazingly, gorgeously close to perfect. Nothing is ever perfect. But you are close enough to brush your fingertips against it....

Once again, just thank you.

A. Windsor

*fades back out of the glory of the Great LadyPadme and curls up to ponder over the story.*

3. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

A-Windsor: Welcome to the story. I'm so flattered that you did this marathon read, and I'm so glad that you liked it. Thank you so much!

Be sure to keep an eye out for the sequel. Maybe in a couple of weeks if my muse stays with me...

4. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002
    Barring a natural disaster, my new fic, The Jade Prophecy will start on Sunday, August 17th on the Beyond the Saga board. See you all there!

5. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    I know I'll be there, even if I am not a big Mara fan (at least the way the NJO books have written her)

6. zsuzsa

zsuzsa Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2003
    I'll be there too. I'm not a Luke and Mara fan, but I'm wondering what you could do with them.
    (and a little H/L in the story too :)!! )

zsuzsa

7. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Ahhhhh.

<rubs hands in anticipation of minutely-detailed analysis> :D

8. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    Ahhh, you're coming to the board *I* hang out on.... Welcome... :) We shall enjoy having you. I can't wait! *giggles with excitement*

Since you'll be posting on the Beyond the Saga board, I'll have B.B. constantly bugging you with shameless plugs for his sissa (that would be me)
    JK!!!! Hehehe.... Whoa, I'm wayyyyy to hyper for getting up as early as I did and sitting in class all day. Sheesh.

Can't wait

A. Windsor and Baby Bantha

9. jedi-lelila

jedi-lelila Jedi Master star 3

Jun 14, 2003
    Great count me in LP

10. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

GreatOne, zsuzsa, TorontoJediMaster, A-Windsor and jedi-lelila:

Look forward to seeing you all on Sunday!

11. Lady_Moonbeam

Lady_Moonbeam Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    Yes!

I will definitely be there. I can't wait!

12. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    *bounces happily*

:D :D :D :D :D

13. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Huggies to LP for posting so soon

Huggies to Gabri for sharing the news with me!

14. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    *grins at Bri* Huggies to you too, darling. :p

CONGRATULATIONS, LP!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

Very well deserved, Jieh! I'm so proud of you! *hands talented evil twin New York cheesecake topped with strawberries, Diet Coke, and two dozen long-stemmed roses*

And of course I can't wait for The Jade Prophecy, which I know will be every bit as wonderful as this fic. :) [face_love]

15. PadmeSolo00

PadmeSolo00 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2003
    I just want to say how much I loved this story. Hmmm.... Midwife Yoda... I never laughed so hard in my life.... the right amount of Mush ( I LOVE MUSH, especially H/L mush!) and the perfect ammount of action. WOOOO! and Mara made an apperance! I love Mara, as much as I love Han and Leia, Mara rocks! Im sooooo looking forward to the sequel.

PS LadyPadme, you have inspired me to write my own H/L story. Thank you, and I'm looking forward to your new story.

16. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    I'm finished!

Wow! Stupendous! Awesome! Now if only you could blink your eyes and an alternate version (namely yours) would pop up on the ROTJ DVD! :D

I always felt that Leia's story was an afterthought to the SW saga. Of course later, in the books, they dealt with Leia's emotional battle to accept her father. In your story, that was not the case. Both siblings had their chance together. Although it was Leia's story primarily, Luke and Leia both made some initial peace with Anakin/Vader.

Yoda was written just as we love him. BRAVO! I don't think that is very easy.

Vader/Anakin's emotional struggle with the Dark/Light was real. In the movie, the unfortunate lack of facial features and certain elements of the story (mainly time constraints I feel) kept the real inner turmoil from coming into play. It had to have been a momentous event to turn Anakin and an even more momentous event to turn him back. I think we got that in this story. I have read some short stories dealing with Vader's initial dealings with Leia and his feeling of 'familiarity'. You were right in that mode, and it was really palpable to the reader.

Han, Han oh Han! He is such a man sometimes. Everything he did was right in my view of him. The reaction to the baby was right on, as was his dismissal of Leia after the injury. I thought Chewie had some great parts as well.

Luke - while not my favorite SW character, you wrote him true to form. He was Anakin's son, just like he is in the movies. It was nice to see alittle more what was going on in his head when he tried to turn Vader. The birth scene was priceless! Poor Luke! (As a side, I am slowly coming around on Luke, but too many books and even the movies portrayed him as somewhat of a dolt, bless his heart. He is finally getting a fair shake recently, but then I fear they are setting him up for the big ax or something.)

Leia, yeah! Leia! Finally Leia gets to be a kick butt Jedi! I always wanted that for her. That may be why I am drawn to Jaina. So your version really appealed to me. I always figured Leia was the strong one, Padme's strength so it would be hard to convince me that she would be the one to turn. You did an awesome job of making it believable though. Motherhood can do strange things to people.

I was amazed at your ability to draw the reader in and really make them feel the scene. Like I said earlier, I think childbirth is out of the question for me after the birth of Rydor. AYE! The best scene for me was when Anakin recognized Padme's necklace on Leia's neck. In turn Leia realized that Padme had held onto that as a remembrance of her love for Anakin. I was bawling in that scene...

Great job! Looking forward to catching up on the sequel! :D

TKL

17. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002
    Yikes! I hadn't realized I was so remiss in replies!

Okay, well, here goes:

Lady_Moonbeam, Bri_Windstar: Thanks, and I'm so glad to have seen you on the new thread.

Gabri_Jade: [face_blush] Thank you about the award.

- As for the new thread, I honestly couldn't have done it without you.

PadmeSolo00: Thank you so much for reading! And good luck with your story!

TKeira_Lea: Wow! Thanks for reading and for such comprehensive comments :eek: I'm so glad you liked it :)

Vader/Anakin's emotional struggle with the Dark/Light was real. In the movie, the unfortunate lack of facial features and certain elements of the story (mainly time constraints I feel) kept the real inner turmoil from coming into play. It had to have been a momentous event to turn Anakin and an even more momentous event to turn him back.

- I agree that this was a powerful point that the films couldn't explore more. One of my favorite parts of the RotJ novelization was when Luke takes Anakin's helmet off and he breathes air for the first time in nearly 25 years and he remembers his wife and his past life. I always thought that was so poignant and such a shame it wasn't explored more in the movies...but then, the SW movies always seemed (to me) to be somewhat geared toward 9 year old boys, because I don't think GL ever outgrew that stage ;)

The best scene for me was when Anakin recognized Padme's necklace on Leia's neck. In turn Leia realized that Padme had held onto that as a remembrance of her love for Anakin. I was bawling in that scene...

- Awww... [face_blush] I also thought it was sad that GL forgot about the jappor snippet in AotC. In one of my earlier stories, I had Leia wear the snippet as a remembrance of her mother, so I decided to bring it back for this, especially since I figured it would be very significant for Anakin to see it and to help Leia see that he wasn't always a monster.

Finally Leia gets to be a kick butt Jedi! I always wanted that for her. That may be why I am drawn to Jaina. So your version really appealed to me. I always figured Leia was the strong one, Padme's strength so it would be hard to convince me that she would be the one to turn. You did an awesome job of making it believable though. Motherhood can do strange things to people.

- Wasn't it a travesty that Leia didn't get to do more? I always thought she got the short end of the stick by not being trained as a Jedi...especially now that I'm reading the NJO. My original idea for ILAW didn't feature Leia as a Jedi, but once I made up the plot outline, it seemed to make sense for her to benefit from her heritage. :)

Like I said earlier, I think childbirth is out of the question for me after the birth of Rydor.

:eek: Just get an epidural. It's not so bad after that! :p

Thanks again for reading, everyone! :)

18. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Just found this today... almost forgot to eat! :D

This is just a note to remind me that I'm on Chapter 50 so I can read more when I get back after Thanksgiving. :p

YubYub and TG- Protecting fangirls from hormonally gifted fanboys since 2002

19. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

Wow. I'm slightly late in replying but thanks for reading, Yubsie!

20. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    I've read this story a week ago.. it's really great, you're a great writer , LP :) ;)

21. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

Another late reply, but thanks, LaYa!

22. Jagsgrl412

Jagsgrl412 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2004
    great story

23. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    *peeks in*

Um hello!

I just started reading this three days ago, (okay well I found the third one and followed the links to this one ;)) and I absolultely loved it! I don't normally read H\L, but you write them very well, and there was plenty of my dear sweet Lukie to keep me happy. :D

Rydor's adorable, rather makes me miss my nieces and nephew at that age. I was a little afraid though because I've seen the movie in Love and War but then I knew it must end happy becase it's Han and Leia and I have great faith in happy endings ;) (And I'm not really into OT AU's either, but you followed it closely enough that I still loved it)

Loved Yoda teaching both Leia and Lukie, you wrote him admirably well. He's yet another one of my favorite characters.

The wedding was beautiful, I loved the section left for the dead and Padme and Anakin showing up, wonderful. :D

Can't wait to go read The Jade Prophecy :D

24. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

jagsgrl412: Thanks for reading.

padawan_lunetta: Thank you so much for reading, especially if you're not into OT-AUs. I'm glad you liked it (and the way your Lukie was portrayed :) ) Thanks again for reviewing the story on the Fanfic boards [:D]

25. VadersMiharu

VadersMiharu Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2004
    So, here I am. Well, maybe you, LP, don't know who I am :p But that's another story, I will tell you later.

I have been reading this story since one week ago.. probably if I wasn't working, I would have read it faster.

Just finished to read it, and I loved it! I love the way you write, I love the way you portray the feelings of the characters and I love 'your' Mara :D

Rydor is adorable! It reminds me of my children when they were babies. Really, he does! :D He's so sweet! [face_love]

Great story! ;) Now I am going to read The Jade's Prophecy , which I am sure it's so good as this one is! :)

And well, you have to thank to my daughter, because I am reading this, because she said you are a wonderful writer! :) My daughter is LaYa_ .