main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

In Love With Night (AU, Xani/Qui Angst, Drama) **NOTE: 2/4**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_Suzuran, Nov 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Sounds like Xani's having a really hard time readjusting. Sounds like Qui-Gon and Shar are too. I have no idea what's going to happen next.

Post more soon! :D

2. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    You're both so paranoid. :p :p

3. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    Master, PT, Cas:

You're the best. [face_love] [face_love]

Next post should be in a few days. I need to take special care for it.

And yes, Xani's gonna have an emotional explosion. [face_mischief]

You probably already knew that. :p

4. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Just a small UP!!!

PT

5. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    Thank you so much for the up, PT. You rule. [face_love]

*sends many Obi, Xani, Aragorn and Legolas clones to PT*

Okay, I know I said that Xani would have an emotional explosion in this post, but he doesn't. That comes in the one after this. This is necessary to set something up for the future.

Enjoy. :)

Chapter XXVII: Interview

They welcomed me back with a few words of sympathy, my year mates did. I accepted their gestures, though I was very annoyed by them. Their understanding seemed false to me. I knew, though, that I was nearly a stranger to them, as they were to me. So much had happened since I'd been gone; three padawans had been killed in missions, one of the masters had died of illness. I hadn't gone through that with them, so being out of touch isolated me from them somewhat.

I was thrown into classes with padawans a year or two younger than I. They were nice, but I wanted to be back with my friends. I pushed myself hard the first week I was back, eager to be at my rightful level. Only in Literature was I in familiar territory. Master Veni, who taught us, welcomed me back joyfully. I let her hug me, loath to disturb her happiness. I had always been her favorite pupil, since I loved poetry, her deep love.

My dreams began to slowly lose a little of their intensity. They were still there, grasping at the corners of my mind, but I shrugged it off as a necessary evil of what had happened.

Sparring had been delayed for a while, which gave me enough time to build myself a new lightsaber. My master was still hesitant about the whole thing, but I went ahead anyway. The grip, the color of the crystal, was different from my old lightsaber for good reason. This weapon had no bad memories attached to it. I would be starting anew, and that was exactly what I wanted. Qui-Gon kept my old lightsaber, though. I was furious. I wanted to destroy it, but I wasn't ready for the many questions that he would ask me. I asked him why he wouldn't destroy it. He said that it was always handy to have two lightsabers. It was a stupid thing to say (that would amount to having possessions, and we're not allowed to) and I told him so. He shrugged off my concern, stubbornly keeping my old weapon. My lips pressed tightly on my secret. I would probably never be ready to talk to him about what I'd done.

He'd probably hate me. I couldn't take that.

After three weeks, I was finally given permission to begin sparring again. I grinned foolishly when I got the news. I'd missed that part of my training a lot.

On the morning that I was set to start practicing again, Qui-Gon delayed my departure to class. His face had a grave look to it, and his whole bearing was hesitant. "Master?"

"Padawan, I need to talk to you."

I swallowed, my stomach fluttering. What could he want to talk about? Had he found out? Was he going to chastise me? Was he-- "Yes, master?"

Qui-Gon sat down on the couch, patting the place beside him. "Sit, please."

I did, not reassured by how serious he looked. "What is it?"

"I don't want to have to do this to you, Xanatos, but the galactic prosecutors want to talk to you."

Prosecutors? For a moment, I was very confused. What prosecutors?

My master must have sensed my confusion. "They're putting everything together to try Beyu and Farrar."

I understood then. The trial. "I see."

"They need to talk to you, Xani. They've been trying to get me to bring you to their office for the last month, but I've refused, as I felt you weren't ready to talk of it yet so soon. Now, I think you're ready. They want to see you today. You'll have to miss your classes for today. I've cleared it with the masters."

I hid my grimace of distaste. I didn't want to talk to them. At all. I'd have to dredge up bad memories that I wanted locked away. I was grateful, though, that Qui-Gon had given me a respite, even if it hadn't worked. "Thanks for trying to delay the talk, master."

"Not at all." Qui-Gon took my ha

6. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    I look forward to this outburst with a mixture of dread and excitement! :( As for todays posty? ;) [face_devil]

7. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Aww...

Me love the chapter my friend...I really feel for our young Xani..

I cant wait for more..good job..

PT

8. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Not looking good for Xani. :_| There is a sense of dread, that something bad is going to happen. I have a feeling that this trial is going to affect him very terribly.

Great job! :D

And, by the way, nana is very cute! [face_love]

9. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    hi there, sorry about the lurking thing.
    **bad froggy**

i feel sorry for Xani; he's not handling this as well as he could hope, and then to be put on display - ick.

At the same time, his ignoring the other boy, who suffered just as much, if not more, will not help him heal.

still a great story, very well done

10. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    Here me is hehehe

11. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    .O( )~~~

silent as a mouse....

12. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
  13. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    :( My Xan is being neglected!

14. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Ok Xani, you know that not telling about the girls will come back and bite you on the rear, dont you?

Basically I've spent today re-reading what I read before, and catching up and I have to say that this is absolutley wonderful, and where the hell have I been?

I love everything about this story, the agnstsyness, the depth of the emotions and character, and I hope that this is no where near done. There is so much more you can do, and thus far it is all wonderful!

More soon, please?

PM me the un rated parts please!

15. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    (_O.

.O_)

(_O.

three blind mice
    see how they run
    they all run after the suzy-q
    and tell her to post or they'll bbq
    three blind mice

16. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    .O____)

squeek!

^ ^
    O.O_)_)~~

meow?

17. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jun 6, 2002
  18. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    LOL! Thanks for the ups, Froggie. And JKH, thank you for catching up! [face_love]

There will be a post this week, even if it kills me. Xani is being stubborn at the moment, but I'm determined to update. :)

19. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I WANT MORE BEFORE I MOVE TO COLORADO IN 2 WEEKS!!!

20. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jun 6, 2002
    a stubborn xani is a fun Xani!

as long as you aren't writing with him.

21. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    I have a post! I have a post! Finally! :_|

Chapter XXIX: Sparring

The ride back home was spent in silence. Qui-Gon didn't try to engage me in conversation, something which I was grateful for. By the time the gleaming towers were in the horizon, I felt much better. I would not think of Darew. I had drawn my boundaries, and he had to respect that. He had known my wishes.

As we entered the cavernous hallways once more, my master gave me a very concerned look. "You'd best lie down for a bit, Xani."

I shook my head, fiercely. "No, master. I think I will keep my appointment with Shar. I've been looking forward to sparring again, and I shouldn't let this interview affect that."

He raised a dark eyebrow, but his eyes were soft with worry. "Are you sure?"

I pushed back the rebellious strands of hair that brushed my cheek, impatient. Annoyance flared in me. "Quit treating me like a baby, master. I'm fine. I need to practice."

For a moment he looked stung, and I felt a brief flare of guilt, which only grew when I saw his blue eyes darken with hurt. I bit my lip. He's only trying to help. You know that. I sighed. "I'm sorry, master."

Qui-Gon shook his head. "No, it's all right, Xani. You're right, I have been babying you. Thank you for pointing that out."

Oh great, nice way to lay a guilt trip on me, master.
    I could feel my cheeks burn. "I'm sorry," I mumbled again, not sure whether I was apologizing to him, myself, or Darew.

He smiled faintly. "It's all right. Go on, Xani. I'm sure Shi-Ara is very anxious to begin."

I nodded. "She probably is. You okay, master?"

"I am, go on." He squeezed my shoulder, then left.

I stared after him for a minute, then shrugged and headed to the practice salles. Shar had told me that we would start our session alone, so I was very surprised when I saw six other padawans with her. She was correcting the stance of one, Rudill, who was our age. As soon as she saw me, she came over, not bothering to excuse herself.

"Xani!" She smiled at me. "Where have you been? I was beginning to worry that you weren't going to come."

"Master and I had somewhere else to be, Shar." I told her, smiling back. "Sorry I'm late."

She took my hand, pulling me forward. "Don't worry about it. Let's start."

I lowered my voice. "I thought you said we were going to be alone." As soon as the words were out of my mouth, my cheeks began to burn. The last time we'd been alone in a practice salle had been nothing short of disastrous. "Uh, I mean-"

She tossed me another smile, her eyes showing she understood. "It's all right, Xani. Actually, I thought we would be too, but today's a busy day, and this was the only room we could get. The other padawans came here because all the others are full. I'm sorry."

"Don't worry about it, it only gives me more variety to practice with," I joked, trying to get rid of my uneasiness. I didn't want everyone else there. These padawans were all my own age; we'd known each other since we were babies. This was not going to be easy.

She came back to the mat she'd been standing on, Rudill a couple of feet behind her. "Glad to see you back, Xan," he said.

"Thanks." I took off my long cloak and tossed it aside.

Shar smiled at me. "Best begin with something simple, Xani." She began to stretch, her movements fluid and graceful.

I grinned, doing the same. "Yes, master."

She laughed. "And don't you forget it."

The next few minutes were spent in silence as I lost myself in my warm up. I could feel some of my tension ease. I was rusty, yes, but my body remembered, and that was all that mattered. As I came out of my exercise, I could feel the eyes on me. The other padawans had stopped what they were doing and were staring right at us. Damn.

Shar didn't notice. "How about 5th form, Xani?"

There was a muffled snicker. "That's for my grandfather or babies," someone said.

"You don't have a grandfather, you dolt." A girl countered.

"Who car

22. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    *gnaws on fingers*

I have no idea if I did that right! :_|

23. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Suz,

Good work, especially on the emotions. I wonder though, what made that Padawan behave so badly - jealousy because Xani's is, or was, so good, maybe?

And could this be the beginning of Xan's descent to the Dark Side?

Answers, dear, we need them! :D

Shaindl

24. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jun 6, 2002
    Awesome...thats the same woman as in your other fic that's hurting Obi, right?

So are these two fics on the same time line?

I think your Xani's reactions were perfect for the time and place!

Wonderful, awesome, amazing, excellent!

25. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Well, as much as that is not the Jedi way, I rather hope that Padawan realizes just how vicious he was being. Everyone is going to blame Xan for attacking him, but I think he more than asked for it.

of course, i'm operating on about two braincells right now, so take it for what it is worth.

Excellently done explosion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.