main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

In Love With Night (AU, Xani/Qui Angst, Drama) **NOTE: 2/4**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_Suzuran, Nov 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    ** froggy sprinkles water and plant food on the story and waits for it to grow **

hey, it works with my flowers!

2. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    Sorry I haven't replied til now- your story is just soooo good.

I feel like I feel Xani's pain, and understand him better than I do most Jedi.

Why do I think I sense an apperance from Obi coming soon?

3. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Force Ghost star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    *bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce*

[face_blush] [face_blush] I'm sugary. :D Up with ye! :cool:

4. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    And here is the post. At last!!!!!!

Chapter XXXI: Starlight Reclaimed

I had no expectations when I started my new duties at the Crèche; I would do what they wanted me to and be glad if it was done correctly. That was probably not the right attitude to take, considering this was a punishment, but I didn't let that stop me. Qui-Gon and I were given our basic responsibilities in our section of the Crèche (the place was huge and split into wards), which consisted mostly of cleaning up after the children, who seemed a lot messier than Shar and I had ever been. We were not, however, needed to change diapers; I think we were both relieved by that.

The days began to pass in our little ward. I started to relax and enjoy myself, and the antics of the children around me. My master, I found out, was very good with the little ones. I'd expected awkwardness from him, but he fit in nicely; he could have been a great Crèche master.

Every day as we worked, he would look at me expectantly, waiting. In the beginning, I'd wondered what he wanted, and I still wasn't sure. Did he want me to talk about what I'd done? If so, why didn't he ask me directly? It would be difficult, but I would tell him about the feelings I'd felt through the fight. He deserved to know, he was my master. Qui-Gon was solely responsible for my still being a Jedi; I'd begun to hear from the Temple rumor mill that the ugly troll had wanted me gone. I knew that Qui-Gon had argued for my future, for which I was more than grateful. I was determined to tell him about the fight, if he asked. I owed him that much.

He didn't ask though, so I never brought it up. I was also frightened that speaking of the fight would make me divulge my secret. I wasn't ready for that.

After a month, we were rotated to a new ward of the Crèche.

"Xanatos, I'll be in the other ward, picking up the stray toys, then we can go to the dining hall. All right?"

"Yes, master."

Qui-Gon gave me a smile as he left. I looked around the vast playroom.The children's bedtime had come a few minutes ago, and they had all gone to their rooms to sleep. There were toys strewn about the floor so I started to pick them up. I put the large colored blocks, play sticks, and miniature models in their designated shelves. It didn't take very long. I looked around the play room once more, to see if I'd missed anything. No, everything was back in its place. Walking to the huge windows that showcased a serene view of Coruscant, I nearly tripped. Frowning, I looked down at my feet. I'd nearly fallen on a Confetti Orb.

I picked up the ball, smiling. This had always been one of my favorite toys when I'd been small. I sat down on the huge stuffed chair by the window, staring at the colored grains of sand in the crystalline ball. The object of the toy was to use the Force to draw pictures or move the sand around; it was uniquely designed for Jedi children, and was always a great favorite. I'd been fascinated for hours with it. I hadn't held one in many years.

Cradling the ball in my hand, I levitated it with the Force and began to make swirly patterns; the blue, marigold, and green grains inside undulated sensuously. Master Ino'ke, I remembered, had demonstrated this to us when I'd been five, and I'd spent a lot time trying to imitate him. Shar had never cared for the orb; she'd become very frustrated at her inability to "draw pretty". Ironically, despite flying through the air herself with ease, Shar's greatest weakness was levitation. She'd always been terrible at it.

I shifted my focus, moving the crimson grains now, making the colors dance. My eyes went to the view outside. The moon was beginning to gleam in the darkening sky. This panoramic view had been designed with the children in mind; it showed the skies of Coruscant, with the tall buildings in the far horizon. It was supposed to soothe, to calm. Many masters, and padawans too, came to the Crèche frequently just to drink in this sight. The

5. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    Confession Time.

This is one of my favorite scenes in the whole story, probably because I came up with it first (after the prologue, end, and Xani's emotional break). Writing it took forever. It aggravated, frustrated, and made me despair.

In the end, it was a real labor of love. :) I only hope that that love is translated even briefly into the chapter you read. :)

The next post will probably be next week.

6. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    [face_plain] :( :_| Oh Padawan! That was so heartwrenchingly beautiful! It took my breath away and made me cry! You are so talented! Qui-Gon and I won't let you fall into darkness. Ever. :( * runs off sobbing*

7. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    absolutely wow!

*speechless*

8. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    That was incredibly well written and very much worth the wait. The catharsis Xan felt as he was finally able to release his torment was almost visible.

Excellent job, JS. You took an extremely difficult scene and make it real and touching.

9. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    **runs away crying**

*comes back and read post again**

**run away bawling like a baby once again**

Legolas comes in:

Sorry about that JS...but it seems that your post really got to her...We wanted to say that this was one of the best posts we have ever written.

Loved the emotion and feeling that you brought out in this post. Love the interaction that you had between everyone..esp Xan and Obi...

We cant wait to read more...Keep up the good work!

**sounds of sobs can be heard off to the side**

Now excuse me, I must go and comfort her..

Legolas-PT

10. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    LOVE LIFTS US UP WHERE WE BELONG!!!

11. female_obi_wan

female_obi_wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    Something is telling me I won't ever be able to read JA#2 in quite the same way again.

This is great. :)

12. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Oh, Suz, that was magnificent. So much emotion and you handled it so deftly. What could have been completely over the top and melodramatic was instead a moving, emotionally-wrenching scene. Very well done.

In the end, it was a real labor of love. I only hope that that love is translated even briefly into the chapter you read.

It completely comes through. The care and time you put into this are incredibly apparent, and as one of your readers - thank you.

Shaindl

13. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    * sits sobbing a full 24 hours later *

14. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    Master:
    Oh Padawan! That was so heartwrenchingly beautiful! It took my breath away and made me cry! You are so talented! * runs off sobbing*

Master!!! :_|

JKH:
    absolutely wow!

*speechless*

[face_blush] [face_blush]

Froggy:
    That was incredibly well written and very much worth the wait. The catharsis Xan felt as he was finally able to release his torment was almost visible.

Excellent job, JS. You took an extremely difficult scene and make it real and touching.

Thank you, Froggie. I was afraid that his crying might be unbelievable. I'm glad it turned out well. :)

PT:
    **runs away crying**

*comes back and read post again**

**run away bawling like a baby once again**

Legolas comes in:

Sorry about that JS...but it seems that your post really got to her...We wanted to say that this was one of the best posts we have ever written.

Loved the emotion and feeling that you brought out in this post. Love the interaction that you had between everyone..esp Xan and Obi...

We cant wait to read more...Keep up the good work!

**sounds of sobs can be heard off to the side**

Now excuse me, I must go and comfort her..

Sorry, PT! :_| And don't you dare hog Legolas, missy!!!! :mad:

:p

And thankee for the UP!

female_obi_wan:
    Something is telling me I won't ever be able to read JA#2 in quite the same way again.

This is great.

[face_blush] Thanks.

Shaindl:
    Oh, Suz, that was magnificent. So much emotion and you handled it so deftly. What could have been completely over the top and melodramatic was instead a moving, emotionally-wrenching scene. Very well done.

:_| Thank you. I agonized over this for so long.

It completely comes through. The care and time you put into this are incredibly apparent, and as one of your readers - thank you.

And thank you for still reading. [face_love]

Master:
    * sits sobbing a full 24 hours later *

*huggies Master* :( :_|

You guys are the best. This was a critical chapter to write, and your comments were invaluable, as always. [face_love]

15. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    That was so beautifully written. I'm glad I hunted this down before going to sleep.

16. Darth_Bog

Darth_Bog Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    hi Jedi_Suzuran...your "shameless plug" on your other story got me over here, so now I've read a few chapters here and I'm hooked. ;)

I feel like I'm reading a Prequel to the other story right now...it feels really strange, especially with the way the characters are in the future.

And great work as usual with the actual literary storytelling that you're doing. It's not easy to describe a scene in detail, and you're doing a good job of that.

But I have one question for you...where's Mara? :D

17. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Empress Amsie had a photo of a sailor
    Whose apparel was nothin but an Orange barrel
    Emmi did hate it
    She said something about it
    And now she wishes she hadn't

EDIT: Psst, hey you that asked about Mara! Don't ask her that! She's a *hiss, boo* (*winks at Su*) Mara-hater! She might make Mara dead and then I'll cry and have writers' block for two weeks! Oba did it to me once, I can't take it again, I can't..;):):):)

18. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Wow! Great job with the emotion. And beautifully written, too! :D

19. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    *delurks*

Hello, Jedi_Suzuran. I have been lurking on your story for a while now. [face_blush] But I must say I am quite enjoying it, although your warnings about the part with Savador nearly scared me off!

That last post was beautiful; it really moved me, nearly to tears. :_| You're a wonderful writer! :)

20. Darth_Bog

Darth_Bog Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    Hi Jedi_Suzuran. I just spent the last FIVE hours catching up with this story...and I had NO idea it was so much different than your other ones.

I probably would have agreed and wondered why you chose certain subject matter earlier in your story, mainly because it's still the Star Wars universe...but it got me thinking. I'm really curious to know why you chose such topics, especially with the torture and the way the girls died, maybe in a PM if you're willing to share? If not, that's okay too.

And as for the last chapter... best chapter I've read anywhere, in any story, period.

In all seriousness, if I were a publisher I would actually consider YOU as someone to write a book for the Expanded Universe...I might ask that you keep it a little more Star-Warsey (if that's a word :D), but your ability to write in detail and develop characters is something that is worth testing in the "real" world, in my humble opinion. You're the best writer I've seen on these boards. [face_love]

PS - EmilieDarklighter, don't worry about Mara...Jedi_Suzuran and I have a very, um, special relationship together over our beloved Mara. If you don't believe me, just check out my fanfic...link is in my signature. ;) EDIT - Oh wait!!! You LIKE Mara? :eek: Maybe you shouldn't read my story then...although if you do you'll see that Mara is one tough cookie to get rid of. :p (and I do like Mara's character by the way...but it IS fun having fun with her as well...muhahahaha!)

21. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    Emmi, *HUGS* And don't worry, I won't mention you know who. If I cause you writer's block, your readers and Empress will have my head. :p

Cas, thank you for the kind words. [face_love]

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan: Thank you for coming out of lurkdom! I'm happy that you decided to stay with the story, despite the subject matter. :) And I'm terribly flattered about your response to the latest post. [face_love]

DB, no worrying Emmi! :p

Regarding the subject matter, I honestly can't say why I write it. It may not seem SWish, but then again, the GFFA is a varied place.

And I keep making you lose sleep! :p I'm sorry and highly flattered. :) And you flatter me too much, but thank you.

Working on the post, hopefully it'll be up this week. :)

22. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    That was beautiful. I love your take on Xanatos. He's the vulnerable, stubborn, scared jedi with an attitude we all love.

23. vader_incarnate

Jul 29, 2002
    Beautiful, Su! You've outdone yourself!

Reactions: [face_shocked] :_| :( [face_shocked] [face_love] :) :D

;) :p [face_mischief]

24. vader_incarnate

Jul 29, 2002
  25. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    padawan3 [face_blush] [face_blush] Thank you.

Elli: *bounce* *bounce* ;) :p And thank you!

Post is coming up. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.