main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

In Love With Night (AU, Xani/Qui Angst, Drama) **NOTE: 2/4**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_Suzuran, Nov 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drunk_on_Tang

Drunk_on_Tang Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2002
    Finally caught up on this story... I like how this is progressing...

~Dot

2. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    *peeks in*

Eeep.

Please, don't hurt me! I know it's been a horribly long time since I updated. :_| Darth Real Life kept me insanely busy, as I said before. When I finally had time to write, I was completely blocked on both my fics. I posted on my other story, now it's time for this one. :)

I have about two pages written. I also have to go back to school this Monday, but I will write the post a little bit each day, instead of all at once like I used to do. It's going to be long, I'm aiming for 15-20 pages. *falls on knees* Please, please stick with me until I finish it.

I'll post it as soon as I'm done, regardless of the time. I'll even PM all of you, if you want. :) This story is NOT dead! It will be updated, as soon as possible!

Thanks for your patience so far. *hands out roses and chocolates to readers* Hope you can still stick with this story. :)

3. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
  4. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    * sits down in lawn chair with Pepsi and chips, opens notebook and begins to write* Glances up briefly to see if anything has happened. * goes back to writing*

Waiting patiently Padawan . :)

5. Darth_Bog

Darth_Bog Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    takes roses from Jedi_Suzuran

(confused) Shoot, does this mean we're dating now? Oh well...

begins eating the chocolates to pass the time until the next update...

6. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    **joins obi_ew** Hey what ya writing on? Somewhere or what?

Aww dont hide it...let me see..pleaseeeeeeeee..

**looks back at thread** Nope no post...

** goes back to trying to see what oe is writing**

7. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    * shoves PT over * Goes back to writing. :D

8. Padawan_Travina

Aug 5, 2002
    ACK!!!!

**falls over**

Hey thats not fair....

**sneaks up on Obi_ew and steals pad**

**runs away**

And now to see what you have in store for our heros...

Wait your going to do WHAT to WHO?

Oh you wouldnt would you...wait yes you would...

**glares at OE**

9. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    * sends Des and Ji after PT and the stolen notebook * Take that! :p

* o_e laughs as she watches PT try to outrun two massive warriors * [face_laugh]

10. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Why would PT want to run from them. If I were her, I would want to get caught ;)

11. Padawan_Travina

Aug 5, 2002
    See I agree here with PK on that one..

**stops running as she sees the two handsome men chasing her**

Take me away I am all yours...

**evil grin**

Thank you OE for these WONDERFUL presents you gave me....:)

PT

12. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Hey now! I'm going to need them back! :D

13. Padawan_Travina

Aug 5, 2002
    No I dont think you need them back..cause you will only hurt them, and we cant have that ya know...

**turns to the guys**

You all want to leave?

**they shake their heads no**

See told ya...

14. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    That's just because you're holding them at lightsabre point! [face_laugh]

15. Padawan_Travina

Aug 5, 2002
    Me hold them at lightsaber point....Never!!

**puts saber away**

SEEE NOTHING?!!!

16. Darth_Bog

Darth_Bog Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    *sigh*

I'm going to have to re-read this entire story if/when JS ever posts again because I've forgotten the whole thing by now... :(

17. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    *whimpers*

I'm still writing the post, btw :_| Xan is being very stubborn. :_|

18. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    Wow, dead story. :eek:

Kidding, although it's understandable if no one is reading this anymore :p it has been six months since the last update. :_| Bad me. :(

I said this would be about 20 pages, but not true. I was at fifteen, and the finished post would have been over 40. :p Soooo, I'm cutting it in two. Makes more sense that way.

WARNING!!!: This has some heavy kissing and petting, mentions of sex and a bit of nakedness. Just thought I'd let you know. I think I'm staying in PG territory for this one, but it's close. :p

Okay, enough jabbering. On with the story!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter XXXIV: Power Shift

"Xani, help me out with this problem, would you? How would the hyper drive be repaired if the navigation circuits were melted?"

I didn't look up from my datapad. "Why are you asking me? You're the one who's great at applied quantum mechanics."

"Don't give me that, Xani. You're better at this than I am! Please, help me."

"No. You'll figure it out, Shar. The answer's in your notes. Master Erost specifically mentioned it in his lecture two days ago."

She sighed. "I wasn't paying that much attention."

"And why not?" I said, trying to keep my amusement in check.

"You were doing that thing with your hand, touching my neck! I can't concentrate when you do that, and you know it."

"It's not my fault you lost focus."

"Oh yes it is."

I shrugged, not bothering to defend myself. "It was a way to pass the time."

Shar reached out from across the table and touched my chin. I looked up. "Most of the class was watching us, Xani."

"I know." I grinned.

She shook her head. "You're evil, Xani."

I stiffened a little at that. I didn't like hearing those words. "No, I'm not." I never will be.

Her mouth twisted into a small smile. "Just try to keep your hands off me when we're class, please? My master expects me to be near the top in quantum mechanics, and I can't do that if you keep distracting me. I'm sure Master Jinn also wants you to be at the head of the class."

"Of course he does, and I'll do my good little padawan routine and be the best for him. It is, after all, a Jedi's way," I spat.

Shar's gray eyes darkened with concern. "You still haven't told me what happened three weeks ago, Xani."

I did not look away. "Nothing."

She frowned. "Don't lie to me, Xanatos deCrion. I've known you since I can remember, and I know something happened when you came to me that night. You made it quite clear when we were teen agers that a sexual relationship between us would be a mistake, and yet three weeks ago you come to me for sex. It's awfully intriguing, isn't it, Xani?"

"There's no great mystery to it," I said. I didn't want to tell her what the council in all their wisdom (I mentally snorted) had done to me; it was too raw, too humiliating. I had a feeling it always would be. "And why are you complaining? I know you want this, I know you want to sleep with me."

Her eyes changed, filling with hurt. "Am I so transparent?"

"I never said that." I told her.

She looked around. We were in the library. It was early in the day, before classes were set to start, and only the two of us were in the vast chamber, apart from Madam Jocasta. She began to whisper, which I thought was a futile effort. There was no one to watch or hear us. "I know I'm very clear about my relationship with you, Xani. I don't want to pry, but what happened? I'm your best friend."

"You're also my lover," I reminded her. "You can't be wholly objective about this."

"Does that even matter? I've never judged you. I've always supported you."

"I know that, Shar. But I'm not ready to talk about it yet."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive." I want to forget it.

She sighed, not pleased. "All right, Xani. I won't pry, but please, please consider telling me. I'll always be here."

I smiled at her. "I'll always be here too."

She smiled back, then laughed. "I hope you tell me befo

19. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    The second part of this? Not done writing it yet. :p That'll be loooooooooong also.

I'll have it up as soon as I possibly can. :)

20. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Oh my! Xani is certainly a bad boy! [face_devil] Wonderful to see you writing again Padawan !

21. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    Master! Thankee! I'm glad you're still reading this. :p

It's just you and I now. :p

Working on post.... [/sotto voice]

22. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I'm still reading, too! :)

Thoroughly enjoyable chapter. You have such talent.

Said librarian began to sputter in indignation. "The library has never been a place for this! You have always come here to learn, it's-"

I laughed. "But Madame, I am learning. I'm learning how much she likes it when I kiss her."

"That is not a valid lesson, Xanatos deCrion, and you know it!"

"Of course it is." I kissed my best friend again. "Would you like to watch, Madame? You're welcome to."

[face_laugh] Can't help but laugh at that. Xan certainly is a bad boy.

Poor Darew, being confused and all. (And Xan too).

The last scene was very ominous. I don't like how he treated Shar, but I understand where it comes from. :(

23. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Still reading. ;)

I found that rather dark, actually. The way Xanatos treated her, and how Qui-Gon thought he was too emotionally dependent on her. His attempts to distance himself, to the extent of hurting Shi-Ara, and Qui-Gon's musing on how he must separate because it's the rules. No one came out of that situation unhurt, is the feeling I'm getting. Qui-Gon turns into I-won't-feel-anything man, Xan turns, Shi-Ara . . .

Still, lovely post, especially after so long! :D *huggles*

24. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    Still reading this....... 8-}

25. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    shar got what she deserved, stupid little..... grrrrr.... i can understand xani he doesn't ever wanna feel owned or controled again..... poor baby.......and quigon well he's quigon 8-}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.