main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

In Love With Night (AU, Xani/Qui Angst, Drama) **NOTE: 2/4**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_Suzuran, Nov 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    ahh. the control of a jedi master- too cute

2. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    That was very funny, Suzuran! :D

3. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Very cute and funny post. Enjoyed it, I did. :D

4. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    ROTFLMAO

And that's all I have to say!

5. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    :) Ah my Xan! Too cute for words Padawan.

6. Marnie

Marnie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2001
    Great two posts there dealing with the traumatic effects of dealing with death. The first was -ew- nicely graphic ;) But very well done - no wonder he had a case of the horrors afterwards. And the comfort scene was very touching. They get on so well!
    I loved the scene in the Council Chamber :D very funny. But I wonder why Yoda doesn't like Xan. Is he having one of his self-fulfilling prophecies again? Alas, the thought of various Council members having sex is seriously putting me off my tea! Yareal Poof with his six skinny arms and swaying neck... Ew ;) LOL!

7. Drunk_on_Tang

Drunk_on_Tang Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2002
    Im soooooo sorrryyyyy... I've missed soooo muchh..... Its Darth Real-Life's fault!

Suzuran, you've done it again. In the last several posts, you've done everything from humor to angst to mush and beyond! You have such great talent, its just amazing! They're all so beautiful, like hand-crafter pieces of artwork!

~Dot

8. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    PK:
    ahh. the control of a jedi master- too cute

[face_laugh] Thanks.

Cas:
    That was very funny, Suzuran!

Thanks, Cas. :)

Sheila:
    Very cute and funny post. Enjoyed it, I did.

I'm glad you did. :D

JKH:
    ROTFLMAO

And that's all I have to say!

:D Glad you liked.

Master
    Ah my Xan! Too cute for words Padawan.

Thanks, master. It would have been more risque, but this is a PG board. ;)

Marnie:
    Great two posts there dealing with the traumatic effects of dealing with death. The first was -ew- nicely graphic But very well done - no wonder he had a case of the horrors afterwards. And the comfort scene was very touching. They get on so well!
    I loved the scene in the Council Chamber very funny. But I wonder why Yoda doesn't like Xan. Is he having one of his self-fulfilling prophecies again? Alas, the thought of various Council members having sex is seriously putting me off my tea! Yareal Poof with his six skinny arms and swaying neck... Ew LOL!

As I said, I have to develop Xani, and death is a way to do that. The lines that Qui-Gon recites come back to haunt both of them much later on in the story.

As to the Council... [face_laugh] I hope you were able to eat afterwards. ;)

DOT:
    Im soooooo sorrryyyyy... I've missed soooo muchh..... Its Darth Real-Life's fault!

Suzuran, you've done it again. In the last several posts, you've done everything from humor to angst to mush and beyond! You have such great talent, its just amazing! They're all so beautiful, like hand-crafter pieces of artwork!

DRL gets the best of us. :_|

[face_blush] [face_blush] You're far too kind. :D

I'm glad you all enjoyed the post. This is the last hilarity that you'll see in this story.

The shadows of angst and pain have fallen, and they're not leaving. [face_devil]

I'm trying to work on a post right now, but I don't know if I'll have it ready for tomorrow. Monday, for sure. :)

9. kikeriki

kikeriki Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2002
    This is WONDERFUL!! I nearly fell off my chair this last post. Hilarious! When Edir died, I sobbed. You're such a talented writer! This is an amazing story. I love Xani. :D :D

10. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Force Ghost star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    [face_shocked] [face_laugh]

Stars, that was... ow, my ribs... :p

11. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    Please post more!

:D

12. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    kikeriki:
    This is WONDERFUL!! I nearly fell off my chair this last post. Hilarious! When Edir died, I sobbed. You're such a talented writer! This is an amazing story. I love Xani.

[face_blush] Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it. :D

v_i:
    Stars, that was... ow, my ribs...

Hope you're allright there. [face_devil]

Cas:
    Please post more!

Well, there you go!

I couldn't go completely dark yet. This post was inspired by shan's little remark earlier. This scene was planned differently, but it was inappropriate here, and that little suggestion changed it, and here is the result. A bit of poetic philosophical :eek: ?[face_plain] [face_plain] ;)

Did any of that make sense? ?[face_plain]

I thought not. :p

Here is the post!

Chapter X: Stars and Shadows

Just as the Night keeps fetching Stars
    To our familiar eyes-

Maybe, we shouldn't mind them-
    Unless they didn't come-
    ---Emily Dickinson, Poem #224

"You'll be fine alone, padawan. It's only a few hours walk anyway, so if anything goes wrong, I'll be there quickly."

"Yes, master." I'd said, swelling with pride. I was being given a large chunk of responsibility on this mission, and it felt marvelous. It was about time, too. I was already seventeen, and I'd been chafing for more duties.

"Remember to contact me if you need anything."

"I won't, but if I do, I will, master." I 'd grinned.

He had laughed. "You'll do fine, Xani."

Fine. Yes, I suppose I had. Does death also count as doing "fine", master?

I sighed, pushing back my long bangs. I'd rebelled against the short padawan haircut; I thought it made my ears look big. My master had cajoled and threatened. It's a tradition, a padawan always has short hair.

I'd firmly, but gently refused. I wanted long hair. I'd had it short for five years, and it was long enough. I turned down all suggestions, and Qui-Gon had eventually given up, and it had grown. I loved its length, and after a while, my master did too. As long as I had my braid, I'd reasoned, to anyone who needed an explanation, I was fine. A shortcut does not a padawan make. It was generally accepted, now, and I was left alone.

Why was I thinking these silly thoughts? I didn't want to remember what had happened an hour ago, what I had just finished doing. I patted the last mound of earth with my boot, setting the small shovel down. There.

"It's as good a grave as you're gonna get, my lady." I whispered softly to the body lying several feet below me. "I wish I could do better."

I turned away, and picked up the bundle that was propped up against the tree. With a last look back at the grave, I continued my trek through the forest.

I sighed again. Another death. Would it never stop? My master had taught me well how to let go, how to accept, but it didn't make it any easier. This death had been particularly hard to deal with. She had been so young, and it had been pointless.

I picked my way carefully through the forest, avoiding the exposed roots and fallen debris that littered the path way. I wanted to go back home. I had thought that this mission would be an easy one. I was such an idiot of an optimist. Just drop off the medicine, wait until everyone's well, then go on your merry way. In, out, over. Wrong!

Kulann had been struck by a deadly virus, which had spread to over ninety percent of the population. They were a small planet, not very advanced technologically, and they had appealed to the Republic for help in dealing with the crisis. Medicine had been sent, in the care of four teams of Jedi, to the planet. My master and I had been one of those teams. We were there to see that it was distributed fairly among the people. Most had traveled long distances to reach the bigger cities, so they could get the medicine. Those who couldn't, had it brought to them, by the army.

Master had sent me to one of the more isolated villages, to make sure that th

13. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    [face_shocked] Introduction of Obi. You knew you'd get me hooked that way. 8-} (I am of course assuming that that little boy, who happens to be the son of a Lady Kenobi, is Obi-Wan Kenobi, of course.) Wonderfully written, Suzuran .

At least I have a picture. This kid'll have nothing. No memories, no momentoes, just emptiness.

:_| :( :_|

Aunecah

14. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    :( :( :( :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| =me

a real review when I'm not allready late for Play Practice :)

15. kikeriki

kikeriki Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2002
    Obi-Waaaan! And Xani! Oh, I love this. It's great how you subtly inserted little Obi into this, even for a brief moment. Strange, isn't it, how the destiny of all these men is so interconnected? Wonderful post! :D

16. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    Oh, this part was so beautifully crafted! The conversation about shadows and stars was exquisite. [face_love]

And the introduction of Obi-Wan was ingenious.

Please post more soon! :) [face_love]

17. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Very nice post introducing Obi-Wan and showing Xan as compassionate and caring. I wonder if he will have any interaction with Obi-Wan later in your story. :)

18. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    :) Beautiful Padawan!

19. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    Aunecah:
    Introduction of Obi. You knew you'd get me hooked that way. (I am of course assuming that that little boy, who happens to be the son of a Lady Kenobi, is Obi-Wan Kenobi, of course.) Wonderfully written, Suzuran .

Yes, that was Obi. :)

JKH:
    a real review when I'm not allready late for Play Practice

Whoops, hope you weren't late. :(

kikeriki:
    Obi-Waaaan! And Xani! Oh, I love this. It's great how you subtly inserted little Obi into this, even for a brief moment. Strange, isn't it, how the destiny of all these men is so interconnected? Wonderful post!

Yes, the three of them are intricately bound. :D

Cas:
    Oh, this part was so beautifully crafted! The conversation about shadows and stars was exquisite.

And the introduction of Obi-Wan was ingenious.

Thanks, Cas. I struggled with that. [face_love]

Sheila:
    Very nice post introducing Obi-Wan and showing Xan as compassionate and caring. I wonder if he will have any interaction with Obi-Wan later in your story.

:D More interaction? Uh... ?[face_plain]

Master:
    Beautiful Padawan!

Thankee, master. :D

Glad you all enjoyed that glimpse of Obi. Don't get used to having him in the story, though. He might appear. Maybe. Possibly. Perhaps. [face_devil]

Post is being finalized right now, and should be up soon. :D

20. Drunk_on_Tang

Drunk_on_Tang Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2002
    Oooo... that is so great! And yet, it is incredibly believable, too! You are awesome, Suzuran! More, please!

~Dot

21. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    DOT, thanks. :D

Stupid, stupid comp. :mad: :mad: Ate this twice. Grr.

This post was edited, as you shall soon see.

All the posts after this will be heavily edited, as some areas of this story go beyond the PG-13 realm. :_| :_| It won't ruin your enjoyment ?[face_plain] of the story though.

<To Master> If you want the unedited posts (you get the priviledge, being my master :p ) then let me know. Only if you want it, though. This may be so awful that you don't want the unedited stuff. :p

That said, let the complications begin...

Chapter XI: Breaking Boundaries

Left arm down, right leg just so...Up. 4th position standard...

"Xani?"

Frowning, I stopped and looked to the door of the private practice room. "Oh, hey, Shar," I said absently.

"You practicing?"

I sighed. "Trying to."

"Oh, sorry. How about we practice together?" she smiled hopefully.

"I'm supposed to be working on this aerial kata," I told her. "It's for my senior padawan trials next month."

"So am I." She shrugged out of her cloak, smoothing her dark dress.

I raised an eyebrow, disbelief coloring my words. "You need to work on the aerial kata? You? I find that hard to believe." Her master was acknowledged as a genius in that field. I hadn't sparred with Shar in a long time, but she was considered as the best in aerials by all the other padawans.

She raised an eyebrow back, grinning. "Yes, me. I always need practice, Xani, you should know that."

I smiled. "I almost forgot that."

"So, shall we?" she gestured to my lightsaber.

I could have told her to leave, I suppose. I had come into this practice room to work alone, but I was curious to spar with her. I had watched her, and she was impressive, but then again, so was I. "Sure."

We gave the ritualistic bow, then began. We traded blows for a while. Her swordsmanship was good, but she still had weak areas. I aimed for her shoulder, a simple tactic, and it nearly worked. She twirled away at the last minute, scowling.

"You should work on your defense, Shar," I told her, grinning.

"Oh, shut up, Xani!"

"Just trying to be a helpful padawan," I laughed. I swiped my blade at her feet, and as she jumped clear, I gave her a little Force push. She stumbled, and before I could give the "kill point" maneuver, she leaped to the side.

"Sneaky Xani!" she cried.

I laughed again. "Not sneaky, a challenge."

She took the bout into another level, leaping in the air. I joined her, twisting my body just so as we blocked each other's blows. I centered all of my concentration on her movements, as we spun quickly in the air. She's fast.

We landed on the ground, at opposite ends of the room. She began to make a series of twisting, sideways leaps, culminating in a back wards flip that took her over my head. She slashed down, hitting my shoulder, and landed a few feet behind me with a graceful thump.

Wow. I'd never seen that particular move before, though I knew it was possible. "That was great, Shar," I told her. My shoulder was stinging, but I didn't care. I was utterly impressed.

She grinned. "Don't think I'm letting my guard down just because of your sweet talk, Xani." She leaped into the air again.

I followed her, a tiny bit envious that she was so good at this.It had taken a great deal of work and time, but I was great at aerials. I had gotten my longed for growth spurt, and was almost as tall as Qui-Gon, with a great deal of muscle. Compensating for a bigger and heavier body had been a challenge, but I had done it. Shar was lighter, and shorter, more compact, so it was easier for her. I was beginning to understand just why so many of our friends and younger padawans wanted to get pointers from her.

Well, my strengths lie in a different area. I was called the best in lightsaber combat with good reason. I had proven that point in competition for the past three years. It helped that my master was Qui-Gon, regarded as one of the best in that discip

22. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    [face_shocked] [face_plain] I don't like Shar. I never thought I would like somebody less than Xani (in the Prequels) but I guess I was wrong.

Aunecah

23. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    It looks like Xanatos really has his ...um... hands full ;)

24. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    :D :p Do I want the unedited version? Hum let me think... YES!

25. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    [face_shocked]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.