main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends In Master's Clothes - REVISION: 4-Sep-2007 -- one-shot, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan -- it's just so cute

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ardavenport, May 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Awww this was so cute!.. great job with Obi and Qui Gon's characterizations.. i could totally "see" them on this fic :)

=D=

2. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    aww, lovely - very cute...loved the ending...

Great job :D

3. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Oooops! Forgot to reply to these!

whatifisaidno: Qui Gon killed me. That was hysterical. *grin*

Thanks much! Qui-Gon is such a wise master. ;)

micky-nikki: Aww *melts* that was too cute.

I love how you set up the situation. It added so much to the whole story

Glad I made you melt.:) I like all the background; it just makes the story flow together so much better, even the parts that I don't actually use in the story.

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi: Aww that was indeed very cute!!! Awesome work!

Thanks! :)

LuvEwan: ardavenport, I've had problems posting on my own threads more than once, but always in the Saga. It's really weird, especially when other people can come in and post with no problem. I don't know what causes it, maybe the coding thing you mentioned. What worked for me was cutting the post in half, and posting them separately. It can be very irritating, that's for sure!

What I really like about your stories is that they have so much thought in them. It would be one thing to just write a story about Obi-Wan walking around in his Master's oversized clothes, but to add the backstory gave it so much depth, and made the ending that much sweeter. I read this one all the time.

I run the stories over in my head many times. And then it sometimes turns into something else when I write them down on the computer. But the details keep it going when I write and give me more options if I get stuck. Thanks so much for replying, it really adds to the whole fanfic experience! :D

About posting problems.....I can definitely make the board freeze up on my replies if I put too many bold face elements too close together. If they're spaced futher apart the board seems to be OK with them. But with only a non-bold comma between them, nine or more of them will make it lock up every time. I assume that this is true for underline or italisized things, too. Not that this is at all a useful thing to do, but maybe it will solve some mysteries for some people.

Veloz: Awww this was so cute!.. great job with Obi and Qui Gon's characterizations.. i could totally "see" them on this fic

Thanks! Yeah, young padawans in big robes are just automatically cute. They're such a good team.

Kestrel_Kenobi: aww, lovely - very cute...loved the ending...

Thank you!

4. KILIK

KILIK Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    Aww just what I needed to read, thanks for writing it.:)

I want to waer Qui-Gon's robe, that would be cool, Yeah I sound werid.:D But come on its a Jedi master robe.:)

=D= I loved it thank you for writing it.:)

5. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004
    KILIK: Aww just what I needed to read, thanks for writing it.

I want to waer Qui-Gon's robe, that would be cool, Yeah I sound werid. But come on its a Jedi master robe.

I loved it thank you for writing it.

Thanks! Wanting to wear Qui-Gon's robe isn't so weird, especially since I made one like it. :) Except shorter. I don't look nearly so cute in over-sized clothes as Obi-Wan does.

6. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Upping this, as I needed some warm, rich mush today. [face_love] :* This is such an amazing story. And Qui-Gon's comment right at the very end just makes me grin. It's so very Qui-Gon. Love the big lug.

7. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    This piece is just too cute for words. [face_love]

8. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004
    Princess_Arulmozhi: Upping this, as I needed some warm, rich mush today.

Aaaawwww, thanks for the reply.:) In the right situation, mush just comes naturally for Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan.

Opal: Obi-Wan can be so terribly cute when he gets into trouble, or thinks he has.[face_love] Thanks so much for reading!

9. azizah

azizah Jedi Master star 1

Sep 4, 2006
    Bad day. Needed mush.

I really had to dig for this one. Very cute.:)

azizah

10. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    i am in awe of your imagination

11. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004
    azizah: I'm very glad that this story could help with the bad day. :) But the link to it in my bio, and in the Prolific-Writer Thread in Resources were for the wrong story. I fixed it, so if you look for it again, you shouldn't have to dig. Thanks again.

ratna: Thanks! :) I don't know where the stories come from, but I'll keep writing them while they're there.

12. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004
    BUMP. I have made a revision. I forgot a tiny detail in JA continuity and I just had to fix it. A :) to anyone who notices what it is.

13. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    How could any of us find it when we're so busy "aw" and "oh" -ing over this story - again.

Loved it the first time, love it the second.

14. azizah

azizah Jedi Master star 1

Sep 4, 2006
    Well, I think I know the change, but only Ms detail would call in a continuity mistake.:)

Loved this story either way. It was just as good re-reading, so thanks for bumping it.

15. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004
    Valairy_Scot: Thanks much! The cuteness factor is a bit high. [:D] I guess this will be one of my favorites.

azizah: Thanks! Glad you enjoyed the revisit.

Actually, it's not a huge secret what the change is. In the original version of this story Obi-Wan didn't have any pockets in his clothes. But in the JA books, Obi-Wan carries the rock that Qui-Gon gave him in a pocket in his tunic. It's a small detail, but since pockets are so important in this story and it's specifically JA the discontinuity was just too annoying to leave there.

Thanks much for indulging my pickiness. :)

16. JazzFox

JazzFox Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2006
    lovely story, thank you for sharing this beautiful piece!

17. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004
    Ooops, I missed your reply. Thanks much for reading!

18. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Reading this again, I realized I never replied to it! :_|

I loved this story, it IS just too cute! [face_love]

Poor Obi-Wan, so worried about making mistakes, going through Qui-Gon's pockets to make sure he had nothing to apologize for. :(

That was so cute when he tried on Qui-Gon's robe, and got swallowed by it. I can just see Qui-Gon watching his padawan with amusement through the one-way door. [face_love]

And the end was terrific-

Qui-Gon held both robes by the collars, holding them up together. ?It is as important for me to look to my past as it is for you to look to your future.? Then he put his own robe down; it spilled out of his lap, down onto the floor. He took Obi-Wan's robe and put one arm though a sleeve. The end of it came down just past his elbow.

?But the past, it seems,? Qui-Gon said with a wry smile. ?Is very much harder to fit into.?
    [face_laugh] [face_love]

Thanks for sharing this, ardavenport! You always have such great stories. [face_love] :D

19. monkeykelci

monkeykelci Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2008
    This is the sweetest story I have ever read!
    I loved it!

It just seems like somthing that could have actually happened, one of those things that completly fit, you know?
    I enjoyed it a lot, and thanks for sharing, ardavenport.

20. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004
    Bastet: Oh, no problem on the reply--I'm just trying to catch up on replies myself--I'm quite, quite behind. Thanks for reading! Obi-Wan playing 'dress-up' and Qui-Gon catching him at it...yeah, that's cute. :)

monkeykelci: Thank-you! I'm glad you found it to be something could happen - that always makes a story more 'real' I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.