main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC In memory of Sam (a cat)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Valairy Scot, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    [​IMG][​IMG]Yeah, I really would like to hope this thread doesn't degenerate, but as this is the JCC - sigh...

Anyway, my wonderful, talkative, affectionate companion of 18 years died this Halloween day a couple of years ago.

Of course I still miss him, but my two female cats fill the hole left. RIP Sam.

2. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Lost one of my cats around two years ago, had her since I was in kindergarten. Her brother is still alive. Hurts most I can barely remember her meow. Like every year she becomes more and more just a blur in my mind.

3. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    That's sad. I've buried so many cats in my life. Each one has come to represent a part of my life, a phase, an era. I remember them all.

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    He's beautiful. And it's hard to lose a pet anyway, especially so when he's been with you that long. :( @};-

5. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    i think it's time we invent cats and dogs that live forever

6. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I empathise as well. [:D]

7. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    There was a sci-fi story once where aliens came to earth and they were trying to find some technology they had that we didn't that they could give us. And they finally decided on a technology that would allow cats and dogs to live a normal human life span. I forget the story. But I was like, you know, that would be one of the most awesome things ever.

I'm a dog person, but I certainly sympathize. I remember losing my first dog and my current dog is laying on my bed chewing on something (my clothes!!) right now and I just can't. even. think. about. it. My sympathies.

Kenneth Morgan likes this.
  8. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    My sympathies to those others who have lost beloved pets, as well. I know it was soon, but getting first one cat 1/2 a week later and the second 2 weeks after that really helped me get through it, plus Sam's kidney issues were going to get him eventually and I almost lost him that August.

At least I was able to say goodbye to my fine boy.

Hope everyone is having a great Halloween.

9. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
  10. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    My condolences. (Sorry, but I never know what to say in situations like this.)

11. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
  12. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    My condolences.

13. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    :(

I am sorry for your loss. Poor kitty. I am sure it loved you as you loved as well.

CUO