main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga In My Father's Shadow (Update 8/8) (PT, OC, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Padme)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jedi_bounty, Jun 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_bounty

jedi_bounty Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2002
    Title: In My Father's Shadow

Author(s): Jedi Bounty

Timeframe: PT, AOTC

Characters: Many OCs (Tiari Enam Kenobi and Amé Enam are main characters), Obi-Wan Kenobi

Genre: OC, Romance, Angst, Action

Keywords: OC, Obi-Wan

Summary: Tiari is a girl who thinks she knows who she is, but doesn't know why she yearns for something more. Then the secret of her parentage is revealed and her life is turned upside down by her grandmother when she sends Tiari and her mother to Coruscant. Living in a galaxy on the brink of war Tiari and her mother must find their place in it all if they're to survive. The Clone Wars are about to begin.

Notes/Disclaimer: Please look for any additional notes above posts. All canon characters belong to George Lucas, otherwise they belong to me. If you want to borrow them, ask first please. I like to share. I got this idea from reading the story Stars in the Darkness by Arwyn Whitesun, so many thanks to her for writing such a good story.

A HUGE THANKS goes to my beta readers, PadmeSolo and Calayka_Bele.

Thanks to PadmeSolo for the title.

Preface

Obi-Wan awoke, the still darkness surrounding him. For a second he couldn't remember where he was, or why there was a woman in his arms. Then it all came back to him; he was with Amé, beautiful Amé. He gently stroked her silky, dark brown tresses, reflecting on her intoxicating beauty. Waves of hair encircled her head, and her long dark lashes concealed deep brown eyes. Her full, red lip parted gently with each breath, her slender body, covered in seemingly flawless skin, was soft against his, and he loved her all the more.

Obi-Wan didn't want to ever leave her, but tomorrow brought a new day and with it a new mission. Earlier that day Obi-Wan's master, Qui-Gon Jinn, had received word from the Jedi Council, assigning him and Obi-Wan to another mission. Knowing it would be for the best for both him and Amé, Obi-Wan would follow his master. He gently caressed Amé's soft cheek with his fingertips, dreading the coming of the new day. Amé slowly stirred, responding to his touch.

"Hello love."

He smiled at the sound of her voice; it was so soft, rich, and perfect. Amé smiled with Obi-Wan. They sat like that for what seemed like eternity, just staring into each other?s eyes. The silence lay heavily around them, as if feeling for the lovers who now spent their last night together. Amé suddenly laughed, breaking the thick silence.

"What's so funny?" Obi-Wan asked her, a confused look on his face. Was she laughing at him?

"Oh, Obi-Wan!" Amé exclaimed, wrapping her arms around him, "I just realized how much I truly, deeply love you."

With that, she burst into tears. "After tomorrow I'll never see you again," she sobbed, "how will I ever live without you?"

Obi-Wan held her chin in his hand, looking deep into her dark, dreamy eyes, "You may never see me again Amé, but I'll always be with you," Obi-Wan pointed to her heart, "I'll always be right here."

She nodded, "It's for the best; you are a Jedi through and through. I couldn't live with myself if I took you from that."

Obi-Wan held her as she buried her face into his shoulder. Slowly he lowered his head to rest it atop hers. There they sat, his hot tears running down her hair.

Chapter 1

Tiari watched as her mother gently wiped specks of dust from the glass picture frames. They were old frames, ones made of either wood or metal with complex designs wrought in them. In the middle was a picture, covered by a sheet of glass. Her mother had collected them for as long as Tiari could remember. She kept all of her special pictures in the frames, though she also kept a holographic copy of each as a back up. Each frame was different and every picture showed the same people at their various ages, Tiari, Mother, Grandfather and Grandmother, and Father. Each picture was the same, except one. Hidden in the back, closest t

2. jedi_bounty

Jul 26, 2002
  3. Matthew_Wolverine

Matthew_Wolverine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    Nice title. I like it better than the one I suggested.

4. Calayka_Bele

Calayka_Bele Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2000
  5. PadmeSolo

PadmeSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    *bounces in*

Yaynes!!! :D You posted while evil internet was gone for me, so I missed!! *Likes the title you chose* :p Okay, I'll get to finishing and sending that other stuff as soon as happy internet is back on my computer!

_PSK_

6. Calayka_Bele

Nov 7, 2000
    I agree with PadmeSolo, the title's great!

7. Matthew_Wolverine

Nov 25, 2002
    *pushes thread up*

8. Calayka_Bele

Nov 7, 2000
  9. PadmeSolo

PadmeSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    *giggles a little at praise for title* ;)

Upness and now I have a bit of internet, I've been working on those last chapters...

_PSK_

10. jedi_bounty

Jul 26, 2002
    Up!

Thanks for all the support guys! I hope to have another post up soon!

JB

11. jedi_bounty

Jul 26, 2002
    Up!

For any readers out there that aren't replying, and the ones that are, I'm done with the next post and just waiting for my beta to get done with it. She promises it will be soon. :)

JB

12. Calayka_Bele

Nov 7, 2000
    Just stopped by to up the thread. :)

UP!!

13. jedi_bounty

Jul 26, 2002
    Thank you for all the ups and support guys! There's a new post coming.

14. jedi_bounty

Jul 26, 2002
    Chapter 2

The tension in the room was thick. Queen Kina of Manket sat upon her throne, her eyes staring into nothingness. All around her aids and scribes stood or sat, waiting for her to speak. She had a problem, in order to keep her throne and the good will of the people she needed to go to Coruscant to fight the proposed Army of the Republic. She didn't want to go, in fact, she refused to go. Her claim was that her people here needed her, but her real reason was she didn't want to leave her planet for a second. It was here that all of her wealth and power was, without it she would be nothing. If she was to leave and the people rose up with her presence gone she would be left with nothing.

Her aids had provided her with a way to not have to leave, and still keep the people happy. She could appoint someone to go in her place, someone to represent Manket in the vote. Now her only problem was finding someone to do that. It had to be someone the people would trust, but someone who she knew would do what she told them too. It needed to be a person who didn't know a lot about Manket, and would take her word for anything. Names flew through her head, but none fit all the requirements.

"Your Highness?" the braver of the aids spoke up.

"What?" Kina snapped, angry at having her thoughts interrupted.

"Your Highness, could your daughter, Amé go for you?"

"What do you think?" Kina screamed at him, rising out of her chair. Then the idea really hit her, why couldn't Amé go for her. She fit all the requirements, the people would trust her because she was Kina's daughter, she hadn't touched foot on Manket in ten years, and, because Amé was her daughter, Kina was confident she would trust her word.

Looking at the cringing men and women around her Kina smiled, she loved the power she had over these weak-minded people. They feared her, but worshipped her. She had brought prosperity to Manket, if only through her own dealings. Illegal trades were nothing to her, as long as they helped her to gain power, and to gain power one needed to bring prosperity to the people.

"Yes, she would work," Kina spoke in a soft, soothing voice. Then looking at the head aid, the woman, Violé, she demanded, "Go find her, I will contact her tonight."

The woman bowed and hurried out of the room. Kina sat back in her chair and contentedly stroked the arm of her throne, a conniving smile on her face.

Amé sat at the table, content after eating a large breakfast. She leaned back and watched Tiari clear their breakfast dishes. Tiari had almost reached the sink when one of the dishes fell from her hands, but instead of shattering on the floor the plate stopped only inches away, as if grabbed by an invisible hand. Then it floated toward the sink, unharmed. Amé gasped, despite herself.

"What is it Mother?" The concern in Tiari's voice was visible as she asked.

Amé took a deep, calming breath. "I had just forgotten about your force powers, that's all. You haven't used them for so long, not since Linu left."

Tiari nodded, a dreamy look clouding her eyes. Amé knew she was thinking about Linu, the humanoid woman who had taught Tiari to use her force powers. After she had left Tiari had thought that it didn't seem right to use them anymore, and she hadn't since then; at least, not until now. Her mother had become fast friends with Linu at one point in her life. Linu had offered her services in helping Amé with Tiari, which included training her in the basics of the force, for the first ten years of her life in between her sparsely assigned missions.

"Mother," Tiari asked while sitting in the chair across from her, "will you finish telling me about the Jedi?"

Amé paused, taken aback by the question. Slowly an idea formed in her head, a sort of bargain for her story.

"I'll tell you the story, if you tell me what you did last night."

Tiari gazed at her, her eye's wide with shock. Amé smiled, her daughter should know by now that mothers had eyes in the back of their heads. T

15. Calayka_Bele

Nov 7, 2000
    Yeah....you posted it! Wonderfully done! :)

~Calayka

16. jedi_bounty

Jul 26, 2002
    Up! Is anyone reading this?

JB

17. DarthSmurf

DarthSmurf Jedi Master star 5

May 10, 2003
    Yes, I am! Sorry I haven't posted before but I really like this story and you should post more soon. :D

18. Calayka_Bele

Nov 7, 2000
  19. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Wow. This is wonderful! You portrayed Amé's emotions and troubles amazingly! I know I could never write anything like that! Keep going!

20. jedi_bounty

Jul 26, 2002
    DarthSmurf Thank you! You don't know what it means to me to know that someone is reading this. I'm working on the next post and will have it up soon. In a few days at most.

diamond_pony2002 Thanks for the, dare I say, praise. It's wonderful to hear someone compliment your writing. And thanks for reading, it means a lot!

Another post is soon coming.

JB

21. jedi_bounty

Jul 26, 2002
    Thanks for the up Calayka!

Here's another post. This one is just what it says, a memory.

Memories 1

Obi-Wan wandered through the halls of the large ship, thinking back on the past twenty-five days. It seemed only a week ago that he and his master, Qui-Gon Jinn, had arrived on Manket, having been assigned to protect the royal diplomatic party on their journey to Coruscant. High Princess Kina had been the one chosen to make the journey on behalf of her planet, and with her she dragged along over two units of the royal guard, five other diplomats, and her own personal guard. Obi-Wan smiled at the thought of her personal guard. It consisted of only one person, and she ran everything that had anything to do with Kina. Her name was Amé and she was the most annoying girl he had ever met. In all his five years of being a Jedi Padawan he had never met anyone so headstrong and irritating. Over the past three and a half weeks he had gotten to know her better though.

When they had first taken off towards Coruscant Qui-Gon had told him to work with the girl when matters concerned the security of the High Princess. For every suggestion Obi-Wan made, Amé had blown him off and let him know that it was her way or the highway. He had thought he would go crazy working with her! When the ship reached Coruscant he believed that finally he would be rid of her; that Qui-Gon and he would be assigned to another mission.

Of course, as fate would have it, this had not happened. They spent three weeks on Coruscant, all of which seemed to be with Amé for him. Qui-Gon had been busy consulting with the High Princess, Jedi Council, and Supreme Chancellor, and every time he was gone it was up to Obi-Wan to stay and protect Kina and her entourage.

Then during the second week he and Amé had reached an unofficial truce concerning how they did things. They agreed to consult each other, at least listening to the other's ideas, even if they didn't accept them, before doing anything. That week had run smoothly for him thanks to their truce. The third week had gone much the same, with the exception of him noticing her beauty for the first time. She didn't have just a physical beauty, but a spiritual one too. In fact, she reminded him of another girl he had known, the only other girl he had ever felt anything other than friendship for, Cerci.

Now Obi-Wan was sad to leave her. He knew this would be the last time he'd ever see her, for tomorrow they would reach Manket. He took a deep breath to steady himself and rethought what he was about to do. He wanted to say goodbye to her, privately. Qui-Gon wouldn't be happy if he knew; he would think Obi-Wan's intentions less than admirable. It was late at night and Obi-Wan knew the only place he would find her would be in her room on the large luxury ship.

He knocked on the sleek door and listened for any movement behind it. After only a moment of waiting the door swooshed open to reveal a young girl, clad only in a sheer robe and a sleeveless, above the knee, nightgown. Her hair was let down, the brown waves reaching far down her back, but on her youthful, lovely face a look of worry resided.

"What is it? Is someone hurt?"

"No," Obi-Wan answered. "I'm sorry I disturbed you, but I needed to say goodbye."

Amé's face immediately relaxed and she stepped to the side. "If that's the case, please come in."

Obi-Wan smiled and stepped inside. He was amazed by the spaciousness of her room. Only Kina and the other diplomats had rooms this large on the ship! Amé saw him staring and looked at the ground, embarrassed.

"Please sit down Obi-Wan," she gestured to the bed. He sat down, his mind running through possibilities of the size of the room, but only for a moment. Of course she had a large room,. she was the High Princess's personal guard after all. Then he remembered the real reason he had come. He looked at Amé and smiled a sad smile. Amé sat next to him and returned the s

22. Matthew_Wolverine

Nov 25, 2002
    Great posts jb.

Nice addition to the second chapter.

23. jedi_bounty

Jul 26, 2002
    Matthew_Wolverine Thank you! It's great to know that someone likes it. And, can I just a call you Wolverine in the future? I think it is cool. :p

For anyone else who is reading this, I am working on the next post, it just isn' working for me. I promise, I haven't quit, it just might be a few more days before I'm satisfied with it.

Thanks to all that are reading, and even more thanks to those who have replied. (More replies might be good. :hint hint:)

JB

24. DarthSmurf

DarthSmurf Jedi Master star 5

May 10, 2003
    Are you hinting at something jedi_bounty? :p Hey I like this story but I just prefer to lurk. I'll try to post replies more often :D

25. jedi_bounty

Jul 26, 2002
    DarthSmurf Thank you! And if you prefer to lurk, that's ok. If I feel like I need you to reply I'll let you know. :) Thanks for reading.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.