main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga In Name Only (H/L-AU Post-ANH) - Updated 7/19/07 - Demons in the Nighttime

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LadyPadme, Feb 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/naimeiy/Chpt3.jpg]

?Leia, His Majesty has requested that you and Han sit at his table for dinner tonight,? Mon Mothma said as Leia entered the officer?s mess that evening. With her hand, the leader of the Rebellion guided Leia across the mess toward the small private dining room off the side. ?Again, Leia, I must thank you for doing this.?

Leia nodded, still feeling a little dizzy and dazed over the events of the afternoon. When she reached the threshold of the private dining room she glanced inside. Only General Rieekan, General Dodonna and the king were inside. She turned to Mon Mothma and said: ?Listen. I?ve agreed to do this to aid the Alliance, but I?d like to ask that you please keep this a secret.?

Mon Mothma nodded as they entered the dining room and the door closed behind them. ?I understand.?

?When do I leave?I mean?when do we leave??

?There?s the issue that you must be married, first. We dare not risk having you and Captain Solo come to the attention of the local authorities here, but His Majesty as sovereign of Visuvius is able to perform the wedding ceremony for you. It would be legal anywhere in the galaxy and most certainly within the Visuvius Cluster.

Leia suppressed a groan. ?And when will that be??

?The day after tomorrow. The king can only stay here until then, after which he has pressing matters of state to attend to. He suggested having the ceremony the day after tomorrow, and then the two of you could accompany the king back to Visuvius that same night and begin the investigation right away.?

?All right,? Leia said, as she tried to come to terms with the idea of marrying Han in two days. Somehow, she couldn?t make herself believe that this would really happen. Surely she would wake up soon and laugh at herself for having such a preposterous dream?

?So, the plan is this: tomorrow you and Han will meet with us and with the king and we?ll go over the mission parameters and what you need to do to prepare. Then there will be some paperwork that you need to sign before he can perform the marriage. And then the day after tomorrow we?ll have the wedding.?

?My dear, I?m delighted to hear that you?ve accepted this mission,? King Zorel said as soon as Leia reached his table and sat down across from him.

?I?m glad to be of help,? Leia said. She forced a smile as she reminded herself of the capital ships that the king had promised.

The king patted her hand sympathetically. ?I know what you?ve agreed to for this mission, and your dedication to the cause is quite commendable. It?s people like you that make me believe that the Alliance must succeed against the Emperor.?

Leia nodded. Although the king?s words were of praise, she still felt somewhat uneasy remembering how Han had accused her of having no limits when it came to the Rebellion.

The king continued, ?In any case, marriage with that handsome Captain Solo shouldn?t be too hard to bear. It?s so plain to see that you two have feelings for each other.?

Exasperation and annoyance. Those were the immediate feelings that came to mind, but Leia bit back the flippant words and managed a sour smile. ?We?re?friends, Your Majesty. That?s all.?

?And from friendship often greater things may arise,? the king said. He smiled and then looked up toward Han, who had come in behind Leia and was sitting down next to her. ?And Captain Solo! My I offer congratulations on your forthcoming nuptials??

?Thank you, Your Majesty,? Han said. He turned to Leia and gave her a roguish grin as he put his arm around her. ?Hello, sweetheart.? He gave her a light peck on her forehead.

That gentle kiss seemed to burn against the skin of her forehead. Suppressing the urge to dig into his ribs with her elbow, Leia managed a small smile for the benefit of the king. It was going to be a long night.

?Are you serious?? Luke asked as he put his flight helmet down on his bedside table. He sat down on his bed facing Leia who was sitting on the only chair in his room.

Leia nodded, unable to m

2. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    There are things worse than death- :eek: :eek: LUKE! *slaps Luke upside the head* Marrying Han is NOT worse than death! :p

Great post! Can't wait for the "wedding ceremony"! :D

:D EDIT - Feeds LP's muse some Jolt cola for extra-hyper-caffeine and suger-inspired upcoming posts!

3. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Han is having too much fun with this! I agree with Great One, marrying Han is definitely not worse than death!

Great chapter! I like the idea of the rings having transmitters. Hopefully, the protector will be nearby if the protectee is in that grave a situation.

Well, the wedding may be getting bigger and bigger, but all of these individuals already know the situation.

Leia, you really ought to ask Han what it took to get him to agree to this. I think you'll be surprised and re-think your distaste of this wedding.

But, of course, she won't ask, so things that should be said won't. Grrr.... [face_not_talking] ----> [face_frustrated]

4. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Heh..

things are spinning out of control for those two and we know how they like control!

shakes head amused..and no Chewie to stop the tempers from flying.

I smell trouble ahead...

5. kyp_durron_fan_2009

kyp_durron_fan_2009 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    Wonderful, crazy post! Looks like Leia and Han will have a ... interesting.... time!

6. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    I fear this wedding is turning into a snowball heading down a huge hill!

7. HansSmellySock

HansSmellySock Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2003

Will take a moment to shamelessly plug a new viggie on the Beyond board:

Prelude to a Whisper - Han/Dark!Leia

...read at your own risk :p

* pops out *

8. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    YAY... hehehehe.... Great chapter... the king's comments about their feelings.... :) quite cute... i can't wait for the wedding!

A. Windsor

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yay! New post! :D

Things are really starting to heat up. Luke doesn't seem to approve and now the king is throwing all these unnecessary things onto them. Although, I feel that the signal in the rings will come in handy later on in the story. ;)

10. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    *is trying very hard not to laugh* This whole thing is very funny!! [face_laugh]

Luke, Luke, Luke, Luke. Stop liking your sister. :p

What? I need my weapons? What are you planning? Something evil?

Geez that was a stupid question. :oops:

11. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I love the chapter and I can't wait for more

12. Katarina42

Katarina42 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 10, 2001
    He turned to Leia, ?You going to start signaling when you want me to bring home an extra loaf of bread or some more blue milk?? [face_laugh]

I'm loving this! [face_love]

Kat

13. HerHighness33

HerHighness33 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 11, 2004
    You only missed one post. Really, you hadn't missed anything.

But I did! I missed the very first post and almost the second! Anyway, I'm enjoying it immensely! ;)

I like those rings. I have a feeling they're going to be very important later on...

14. Kab730

Kab730 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2001
    Great Post-Looking forward to more!

15. Solo-Evenstar

Solo-Evenstar Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2005
    OOOOOH! Me likey....fun fun fun. I was sad when J Girl quit her story, glad to see someone else picked up the idea.

And now a shameless plug- Go read seperation anxiety, you will. Viggie of Han and Leia it is.

Alright, I'm no jedi, but please read it. It is posted on the saga boards.

16. calgary

calgary Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 3, 2004
    Cool chapter. Getting better and better. Boy of boy, everything is arranged....err what about the sleeping arrangements?

17. QueenOfAces

QueenOfAces Jedi Master star 2

Jun 10, 2003
    LadyPadme:

Excellent set up, as always. I'm looking forward to the wedding. I really thought Leia's thoughts were interesting: his gaze did alarming things to her insides and There was something so inherently wrong in marrying Han this way?in marrying anyone this way, she corrected herself.

She has it bad for him, doesn't she? :)

Also, that was an interesting conversation with Luke...I'm wondering how he will respond to being a go between.

Keep up the good work!

18. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    hehehehe!
    this is SO gonna get out of controll... lol.. cant wait for more... :D

Something tells me that the ceremony itself is gonna make somebody go nuts... :D ;) ... care to guess?

DM

19. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    I can totally see Leia accidentally knocking her ring up against something, and then having Han freak out and come crashing in at some inopportune moment. *giggle*

Yay! I want more!! Now! (pleeeaasssseee!!) :D

20. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Luke is really jealous, although of course, he shouldn't be. For now, we'll just have to think of it as a brother unconsciously looking out for his sister. Can understand Leia feeling safer if Chewie were going along. I think she doesn't trust herself as much as she doesn't trust Han. I'm not sure that the secret of their wedding won't get out to the rest of the rebels. Someone better make sure that Wes Janson and Wedge Antilles aren't sneaking about.

21. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    And the wedding just keeps getting bigger and bigger. Before you know it, there will be 300 guests and a reception in the Grand Hall..LOL.

Good job with the post. I like that Luke was rather jealous but also concerned about Leia's 'selling her soul' for the Rebellion.

Looking forward to the big day and the big night :D

22. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Heehee... Cool wedding rings. I'll have to get mine retooled for that purpose.

23. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] That's awesome! This whole story is so, but so funny! I love it!

@};-

24. owphoenix

owphoenix Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 7, 2003
    This is very enjoyable.

25. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    I think she doesn't trust herself as much as she doesn't trust Han. I think you hit the nail on the head, Solo-Fan, but I think she may trust Han a little more than she trusts herself. That's how I would feel in such a situation, anyway!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.