main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga In Name Only (H/L-AU Post-ANH) - Updated 7/19/07 - Demons in the Nighttime

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LadyPadme, Feb 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Catching up! :cool:

Great start, LP. ;) Great AU premise, and awesome characterizations as always. Can't wait to see where things go from here. :D (Other than I expect lots of angst, of course. :p )

2. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    LOL! I have a huddle buddy :p *sits with Liana to watch teh story unfold*

LOVE the banter. This is why i dont write H/L that often; i cant get that kind of talk down to save my life :p

?But I?d have to marry someone and follow their insanely archaic laws.?

?Yes,? Mon Mothma answered unhesitatingly. ?If you had any male relatives alive we could find some way of circumventing this

Hahaaa *snorts* [face_laugh] I know they dont know, but its still funny :p

?You told him about the reward the king is offering for a successful mission?? Dodonna asked.

Rieekan shook his head. ?No, I didn?t have to.?

:( Aww, i cant help it, that makes me sad, that it took that news for her to agree but not him. Its an insight to how, at this point, he feels more for her than she does for him. Or at least that he's slightly less grudging in admitting them to himself.

Gosh, this thing is getting more and more ceremony surrounding it. :eek: I really liked that small bit, though, between her and Luke. It's like Leia to be so for the Rebellion. She's got too much invested. But there's the crux of the convo: when is too much too much?

Oh, and totally unrelated, your sig is adorable, LP. [face_love]

3. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Ooooooooo! I love this! It reminds me of that old fic of...oh, I can't remember her name! Or the name of the fic! Nevermind, then. But it's one of my favs, and this one is already climbing my list! I love it so far!

4. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    Ooh, very nice start, LP! I'm enjoying this idea immensely, and it'll be interesting to see how you get Han and Leia to work past their differences. (With lots of angst, as expected, of course :p ).

I'm looking forward to more!

~Ire @};-

5. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    LOVE LUkie's reaction...and the rings are very interesting...why do I get the feeling her Lady Authoress will make use of them? Hmm... ;)

Can't wait for more!

6. LianaMara

LianaMara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    *huddles with Bri* :p

Oh, great dialogue with Luke, LP! I love how this seems to be getting more . . . serious. ;) Your H/L banter is perfection, as usual. :D

I have a very large muse thwacking stick - it works wonders. [face_mischief]

7. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    Great H/L interaction, my lady! You are magnificent in describing this!

Han appeared taken aback, but visibly pleased by the compliment. He smiled and winked toward Leia. ?It was my fine flying that caught her eye, your Majesty.?

?Your fine?? Leia was unable to hold back. ?The number of times I?ve almost been killed because of your insanity??
    [face_love]

Love it!

JediArwen leaves to go to her kitchen to get ready some Greek treats about the wedding...
    So you'll get your Greek treats, my lady... ;)

8. rxchiquita

rxchiquita Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 21, 2003
    Aloha!

Wonderful post, LP! That king is too funny - gotta make sure this sham wedding checks all the boxes... Wonder how long it'll be till one of the rings gets activated? Whose will it be? (do they both transmit? or just the bride's?) Hmmm... What sort of a pickle will you conjure for poor Han to get him to activate his ring? No, wait - don't answer that. In fact, forget I said anything, okay? ;)

9. skywalker4life

skywalker4life Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2004
    :eek: :eek: IT STARTED??? :eek: :eek:

Wow... definitely was not expecting that to start for a while. But this story is so good. I just love some Han/Leia romance [face_love]. I really like the idea behind the story. It's very different and très original. I'm glad it's Han and Leia getting married... could you imagine what would have happened if Luke and Leia got married only to find out that they were twins! [face_laugh] That would have made an interesting story... kinda gross but still... you can't deny it would be interesting.

I like how things are shaping up. I especially liked the line where Rieekan said to Mon Mothma "I didn't have to tell Captain Solo about the reward". Just goes to show you how much Han already loves Leia.

Anyways... those were really good posts. Definitely looking forward to the wedding.

10. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Hey, we have to bake a wedding cake! I don't think my challot (braided loaves of bread) qualify, even though they are delicious! Can't wait to see this wedding, too bad it's a "sham!"

Leia, please ask Han why he agreed to do this, you can see he's being awfully calm about it. He even seems to be enjoying it! (Not that he would admit anything to her, though; on second thought, maybe she should talk to Carlist on this one, as he knows what's what.)

Love the banter between Han & Leia! Boy, any time anyone insults Han, Leia seems to rush to his defense. Hmmm... She should really think on that one!

11. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Hey, i've still got the top layer of my wedding cake. You're supposed to eat it on your 1-year anniversary, but the creep I married is not going to be married to me then, so... I hereby donate it. It's khaki-colored frosting with sego lilies on it and almond/lemon cake on the inside.

12. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    *waves* Hi LP. I'm still reading. I just need to catch back up.

13. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    DarthIshtar, sorry to hear about your situation. Actually, I don't recall if we saved it or got rid of it in our Passover cleaning, but at least my husband is a very nice guy, we've been married 19 years!

I hope Han & Leia's marriage really lasts in this fic; it sure should be lots of fun, anyway!

14. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Oh, what a great fic! I like the idea behind the rings. And Han's comment about them as well. I don't think Leia's the type to call him to get milk...

King Zorel has already picked up on their feelings, though Leia's still so clueless...

I also liked the Leia/Luke scene. Leia remembering Alderaan as part of her incentive- well done!

And since you update on Tuesdays, does that mean we get a new chapter tomorrow? I hope so. I really like this fic.

15. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    My mom just proposed that we eat the top of the wedding cake the day the annulment papers get served. I told her that's twisted, but am looking forward to my lemon poppyseed and buttercream dessert...

16. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    Great start, LP! I really enjoy reading your stories. The interaction between Leia and Han is so well done here, as always. Love that banter! :D LOL at Luke's reaction... and thank goodness he too busy with Rogue training to be considered as 'groom', huh? That alternative would have been... awkward. *shudders* :p

Looking forward to the wedding!

17. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    This wedding is going to be something special. Great update, LP! :)

18. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Mmm, leia the wartime bride... I love the idea...

19. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    GreatOne: LUKE! *slaps Luke upside the head* Marrying Han is NOT worse than death!

- That's not what Luke meant. He meant that it wouldn't be worth it for Leia to sell her soul for the Alliance.

dm1: Leia, you really ought to ask Han what it took to get him to agree to this. I think you'll be surprised and re-think your distaste of this wedding.

But, of course, she won't ask, so things that should be said won't. Grrr....

- How do you know she won't ask? And even if she did, what makes you think he'd give an answer that would make you guys happy? After all, it's me writing this! :p

- And no wedding cake will be necessary for the circumstances I have planned, but thanks ;)

jade51999: If Chewie was there he'd laugh himself up a furball! [face_laugh]

kyp_durron_fan_2009: Thanks! I hope their mission will be interesting for all of you :)

starwarsfan68: Chaos is the way I like it! ;)

A-Windsor: Isn't it fun how everyone else knows exactly how Han and Leia feel about each other except for H/L themselves ;)

HanSolo29: Yes, we'll definitely see more of the rings :)

JSM: * shields are up preparing for the future siege of the Sun Crusher! * [face_laugh]

JediFalcon: Thank you!

Katarina42: Thanks. Glad you're enjoying it :)

HerHighness33: Glad you're liking it so far. Yes, we'll see the rings again...

kab730: Thanks!

Solo-Evenstar: J-Girl didn't abandon her story; it's just on long hiatus. I got an e-mail from her not long ago that she's hoping to come back to the JC soon :)

calgary: Sleeping arrangements? How about bed and floor? :p

QueenofAces: Of course Leia has it bad for him. That's what makes this soooo fun [face_devil]

DarthMasan: I love out of control for H/L :D

AvenKiel: I love your idea! [face_laugh]

Solo_Fan: Someone better make sure that Wes Janson and Wedge Antilles aren't sneaking about.

- I love the Rogues [face_love]

dianethx: The wedding will definitely not be the little civil ceremony Leia had envisaged... ;)

DarthIshtar: I think a lot of women would like their rings retooled for this purpose. Think of the havoc this would unleash!

- And sorry to hear about your annulment.

- Edit: And you snuck that last response on me! ;) :p

LaYa_: Thank you! Glad you're liking it!

owphoenix: Thank you!

DarthLex: Thanks! I'm so glad you're reading. Hope you enjoy :cool:

Bri_Windstar: It's always great to have you on board. And every character you write turns out beautifully!

- And I think Leia is just more stubborn than Han, which is why it takes more incentive to make her agree. ;)

- And thanks! Glad you like my sig [face_love]

Laura_Anu: Glad you're liking it :)

Lt_Jaina_Solo: The angst is the fun factor for me :D

padawan_lunetta: This lady authoress will use anything she can think of to put our principals through the wringer :D

LianaMara: Thank you! Glad you like the banter.

- Send your thwacking stick my way, please! :p

JediArwen: Oooh! Treats! Yummm! Thanks :)

rxchiquita: Han's ring doesn't work to summon Leia. Only her ring works to summon him. He's supposed to protect her, not the other way around :)

skywalker4life: It really would have tipped everyone's yuck factor if Luke and Leia got married, and this story would definitely not be allowed on these boards! ;)

StarFighter5: Great to see you! Thanks for reading!

Alethia: Thank you! Glad you're enjoying it so far. And yes, post tomorrow. :)

Knight_Aragorn: Glad to see you here, and glad you're having fun with this ;)

SaraKenobi: Edit: You snuck that response in on me! But thanks! Glad you like it :)

20. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/naimeiy/Fanart/ino5.jpg]

The king turned and rose. ?Mon Mothma, what wonderful timing. I?ve just finished going over some preliminaries for tomorrow with Leia and Han here.?

Mon Mothma smiled. ?Is there anything more I can do for you??

?I did want to ask which chamber you?ve secured for the wedding ceremony? I would like to inspect the hall.?

?The only one that has the accommodations you seek is the assembly hall, and my aide is readying it as we speak,? Mon Mothma said.

?The assembly hall?? Leia burst out. ?But that?s enormous!?

?It?s the only one with the dais set at one end of the room, and with the space for the altar pieces that the king is planning on using,? Mon Mothma replied.

?Excellent!? the king said. ?Please let me know when your aide is finished, and when I may inspect it.?

?Of course, You Majesty,? Mon Mothma said. ?Is there anything else I can do??

?No. I think that?s it. Now, I must return to my quarters to take care of some matters of state. We can finish our discussion with your go-betweens tomorrow. Please excuse me.? As the king passed Mon Mothma on his way out the door, he pointed to the flimsies in her hand. ?Is that the wedding contract??

?Yes. Some papers for them to sign,? Mon Mothma answered. After the king left, she turned toward Han and Leia and sat down. ?Again, I must thank both of you for agreeing to undertake this mission. Now, here before me are some documents that we?ve drawn up for you to sign. It?s your marriage contract?standard Galactic marriage contract?the king insisted on seeing the documents, although of course, we?ll try to delay filing them as long as possible. Also, here is the dissolution of marriage contract. We?ve drawn it up for you to see, although you won?t sign it until you?ve returned from your mission. Any questions on these??

Han and Leia both shook their heads.

?Good, and then here?s the last document. It?s a prenuptial agreement.?

?Prenuptial agreement?? Han asked.

?What?s this for?? Leia asked.

Mon Mothma appeared surprised. ?I thought this was what you wanted, your Highness. I drew up this document to protect your assets. Basically, it states that in the event of the dissolution of your marriage, Captain Solo would agree to relinquish any claim he might make on your money, property or title.?

?I?? Leia started and then stopped as she saw the look in Han?s eyes. Inwardly, she cringed knowing what he must be thinking. She had brought up the issue of assets only to deter Mon Mothma?she hadn?t meant that she didn?t trust Han. She didn?t know why, but instinctively, she was sure that she would be able to trust him not to take advantage of her by fighting for her money, no matter how much he needed the money himself.

But he?s a mercenary. He?s made no attempt to pretend otherwise. Leia wondered at the conundrum, even as another thought occurred to her:

Maybe he is pretending?just pretending to be a mercenary, so that no one can accuse him of being soft, or of caring.

Then: What does he care about?

A rustling of flimisplast caught Leia?s attention and she turned back to the prenuptial agreement before her. You don?t have to sign it! she thought, but before she could say the words aloud, Han had already reached for the papers and signed them. There was a set look about his face that made Leia feel ashamed of herself for slandering him, even if it was unintentional.

Still not looking at her, Han gave his attention to Mon Mothma while she explained a bit more about the marriage contract and then, with that same expressionless face, he signed the contract, as well.

?Is there anything else you want me to sign?? Han asked at last. The very way he spoke with such careful composure in his face and voice made Leia cringe inwardly.

?I think everything is in order,? Mon Mothma said, smiling serenely, and in that moment, Leia wondered if the leader of the Alliance had drawn up the prenuptial agreement on purpose. Certainly, Mon

21. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    First post, yes!

Both want to call it off, for the same reasons, I suppose! This is so frustrating, they love each other and are being put into such an awful position! A sham marriage when both of them want it to be real.

Mon Mothma did that on purpose, but it looks like she didn't realize the reaction both of them would have. She could have said it was standard procedure for royals, but instead put the onus on Leia, stating that it was by her request. She really doesn't like Han, does she, and she certainly doesn't know him!

Leia could have torn up that prenuptual agreement....

22. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

She beat him to the punch! Uh oh... that will probably cause Han to instantly change his mind... again!

Great, wonderful, super post! :D :D

(can I hit Mon Mothma? ;) )

23. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    They want to call it off? That's horrible. But then again, it is understandable. THe pre-nup agreement was not a good thing. Even with the best intentions is can still be a hard thing to take. And with Leia having thrown that in Han's face before, well...it makes sense.

I liked how Chewie seemed to figure it out. Pretty perceptive. And I'm sorry that he can't come along with them.

I'm definitely curious about the ceremony. It just seems like there's more to it than it seems...

Anyway, what a nice chapter and thanks for the update.

24. zsuzsa

zsuzsa Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2003
    They both want to call it off :)
    Sure they will marry and go with the king Aftre one or two more twists. ;)

Zs.

25. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I love that they both want to call it off - and very likely for the same reason. I loved Han's musings about all of this and his realization that he loved Leia. Perhaps if he were more forthcoming, he might get an answer that he liked!

Very much looking forward to the next part!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.