main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga In Name Only (H/L-AU Post-ANH) - Updated 7/19/07 - Demons in the Nighttime

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LadyPadme, Feb 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. calgary

calgary Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 3, 2004
    Like everyone else....we all love the reason why they don't want to marry each other. Tool cool I love they way you wrote that.

2. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    A princess and a guy like him...opposites attract..
    Loved Han's epiphany.

EDIT: LOLOL I just realized that your title said "Prenuptual disagreement" not agreement..*grin*

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Gah! THey can't call it off. And he's so misunderstanding about the prenup... But she wasn't right either.

4. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    Ooooooops! :eek: Where's the wedding?
    JediArwen taps foot glaring at LP...

I was invited to a wedding, I wore my best dress, I made tones of sweets, I had to make syrup twice because my tears spoiled the first since I was reading LP's other story, and instead...

Mon Mothma appeared surprised. ?I thought this was what you wanted, your Highness. I drew up this document to protect your assets. Basically, it states that in the event of the dissolution of your marriage, Captain Solo would agree to relinquish any claim he might make on your money, property or title.?

I found this! [face_shame_on_you]
    JediArwen is searching her bag hoping to find some poison to used on a piece of baklava to offered it to Mon... :mad: , but no!
    Blast it! Why would I cary some poison with me on a wedding?

[face_not_talking] JediArwen [face_beatup] Mon and leaves with all her sweets...
    Now I'll eat all of them alone... ;)

5. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    *flees from the evil cloud of haterd of Mon Mothma*

Oh, boy. *sighs*

Wait? No wedding now? So how are they going to find the spy?

Come on, you two! Get married! Bring Jaina and Jacen in this galaxy early! :p

6. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Awe, they both don't want a fake Marriage, because they both want the real thing. I wonder if either will ever admit it yet though. Great update, LP. :)[face_dancing]

7. kimmi

kimmi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2004
    That was a fantastic update. I can't wait until next week to see what is going to happen. I hope they get married though. They belong together!!!!

8. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    AHHHH! YES! Han is admitting his feelings to himself...and that's the first step! Woohoo!

9. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Alright! Now if they could just bump their heads together and figure out that they're both in love, things would be perfect! But then the story wouldn't be so intrgiuing. More post soon please!

10. KnightedRogue

KnightedRogue Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    Nope, I knew they went to easily into this. [face_laugh]

I always like it when authors make it clear that Han falls early on (well, relatively, at least) and pretty fast. It seems so much more logical than any other way.

Well, Han misinterpreted Mon Mothma's actions, but it really is turning on Han because he's the one getting all vulnerable and defensive. Leia can be so blind sometimes . . . ;)

Well, now, children, behave like good princesses and mercenaries or I'll have to separate you two, and that wouldn't be fun for anyone would it?

Although . . .

This story is AU, meaning that you'll probably either wind up married for awhile yet or one of you dies, and I don't really think that's what LP has planned, hmm?

Lovely work, LadyPadme, as always!

*KR*

11. calgary

calgary Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 3, 2004
    Oh, I forgot to mention the chapter pictures! I love them. I don't know if this story will be rather long (as in your other stories), but I hope you have enough to go around! Please make them as long! I know you are a dedicated doctor, but the way you write, you could have another career to fall back on. You are that good.

12. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Ooh excellent post! Stupid Mon Mothma, bringing the prenup up! Love how Leia regretted it, watching Han's reaction, and then poor Han's reasoning...awwww....I wanna hug him! And they both want to call it off at the same time, hehehehe. Riekkan and Mon Mothma have their work cut out for them!

Can't wait for more!

13. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that is a cliffie you better not leave it for too long :)

can't wait for more

14. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Great look at Han's inner thoughts. At least he has figured out the truth of his feelings. And Chewie his faithful sidekick, just listening, and probably figuring out the truth of Han's feelings as well. ;)

15. Katarina42

Katarina42 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 10, 2001
    *eagerly anticipates next post*

I don't suppose I can bribe you to come up with an additional post for the week, eh? O:)

Kat

16. QueenOfAces

QueenOfAces Jedi Master star 2

Jun 10, 2003
    My favorite paragraph:

And then suddenly, Han realized he couldn?t do it. He couldn?t marry her. Not because he didn?t want to marry her. He suddenly realized he did want to marry her. The realization took his breath away. He had never before admitted even to himself that he didn?t just ?care? for her. But now he knew that he loved her. He loved her. But because of this, he realized he wanted to marry her for real. Not just in name only. It would be too hard to live with her, even if it was only for a few days, knowing that she was his wife legally, but that she could never be truly his.

Lovely setup, LadyPadme. Han's in love with Leia, but can't admit it to her. Leia's in love with Han, but can't admit it to herself yet, much less him. That makes for all sorts of interesting possibilities. I'm looking forward to seeing how they resolve their prenuptual disagreement. Nice job, as always!

17. HerHighness33

HerHighness33 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 11, 2004
    :D Typical. So, so typical. I'm loving it, I really am. *sigh* one whole week...

18. CHIKA_BONITA

CHIKA_BONITA Jedi Youngling

Dec 27, 2004
    this is the first time I review... i just wanted to say that i am loving this fic..

19. Knight_Dilettante

Knight_Dilettante Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2002
    Oh lovely. You do do a lovely job with Han and Leia banter.

I can't wait to see what happens next.

KD

20. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I've always found it interesting that Han has tons of self confidence except when it comes to Leia. He has stuck around the Rebellion for three years because of her, and yet he doesn't think he's good enough for her. Why did he stay so long when he never believed he had a chance with her? Must be the will of the force. Fate. Destiny.

21. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    I love this! :D :D This is an awesome story LP! :D I just love the idea behind this, lots of unintentional humour on the part of Han and Leia. :p

And I just love that she beat him to the punch! She got to call it off before he got to... makes me think that he might just say no because she doesn't want to marry him... but after that little heart-to-heart he had with himself I'm not so sure...

I really love this! [face_love] Can't wait for more! :)

22. Starlight-Pixiedust

Starlight-Pixiedust Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2004
    Love it!

Very interesting storyline. Looking forward to where you go wiht it.

23. Lady_Jade

Lady_Jade Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004
    I love this!! This is an idea that I've never seen before, and it's really good!

So Han doesn't want to "marry" Leia, becuase he really wants to marry her for real....the 'ol softy. [face_love]

Still, what are they going to do??

24. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Interesting. I'm curious to see what Han's reaction will be now that he found out that Leia has the same intentions as him. Will he just go for it to have a different opinion from her? Can't wait to see what happens. :D

25. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    BOO Mon Mothma!!! She snuck that whole prenup line in just to remind Han that as far as she was concerned Han was not a true match for Leia.

I love it that he was about to call her at the same time for the same thing. This has to make him change his mind!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.