main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga In Name Only (H/L-AU Post-ANH) - Updated 7/19/07 - Demons in the Nighttime

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LadyPadme, Feb 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    How about a post?

2. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/naimeiy/Fanart/Chpt33.jpg]

The little princesses were coming along quite well. Having been one of the longest tenured governesses they?d ever had, Leia was getting to know them better than any other teacher before her; she?d known right away what almost all of the other governesses had recognized in their brief stays: the girls were intelligent, and they were lively and they had a very well developed sense of humor. But what Leia learned on top of that was that Kelia was a sensitive girl who loved all creatures. Mandia was a gifted musician and had a well-tuned gift for leadership, and Rachyia had a wonderful imagination. And now that she?d gotten past the initial difficulties of teaching them, Leia learned that it was actually a joy to teach them.

As Leia spent the morning hearing the girls? lessons, she caught herself drifting into daydreams about what her baby would be like?what curious and funny and innately profound things might spring from her child?s lips? Would there be a gleam of intelligence and mirth in his eyes or would there be a dreamy look of optimism on her face? Would her child be mischievous like the girls? Or quiet? What childish secrets would her baby whisper to her? What sorrows would she try to soothe? What joys would she share?

Once or twice, she even caught herself rubbing her abdomen, as though trying to touch the baby inside.

With their sharp eyes, the little princesses missed nothing. ?Are you all right, Mistress Solo?? Kelia asked.

?Excuse me?? Leia asked looking up from the exercises she was correcting on Mandia?s holopad.

?You keep rubbing your tummy. Do you have gas? Daddy says that people who eat foods they shouldn?t get gas.?

Leia suppressed a grin. ?It?it?s not gas, Kelia. I?m feeling fine. But thank you for asking.? Leia looked up and saw the time on the chronometer. ?It?s getting late. Just?? Before Leia could finish the sentence, she gasped, feeling a sharp pain in her lower abdomen. It lasted only a few seconds, but made her double over in a combination of pain and surprise.

?Are you all right, Mistress Solo?? Kelia asked again.

Leia nodded, too winded for the moment to speak. She waited a moment, but the pain didn?t return. ?I?m fine; thank you for asking,? she managed, finally, trying to keep her features and voice composed to keep from alarming the children. ?Just finish your assignments, girls, and I?ll go over them with you in the morning.?

Leia stepped out of the refresher, wrapped a towel around herself, and lay down, tentatively touching her hand to her abdomen. She?d had no further episodes of pain since the afternoon, but she was still unsettled.

[i]It?s all right; it?ll be all right,[/i] she told herself. She imagined to herself her child, nestled gently inside her, pictured her baby growing, tried to will everything to be all right.

A beep sounded on her datapad and she turned toward the machine, which was balanced precariously on her nightstand on top of a stack of data discs and flimsies.[i] Han,[/i] she thought, with a little leap of her heart that she couldn?t quite contain. She wondered if he would be coming back soon, and the scraps of rehearsed conversation went through her mind again. How in the name of the Goddess would she tell Han about the baby? Would she break the news gently? Or show excitement? How would she even begin to lead up to such a subject? How did you tell a man he was about to become a father?

She opened the datapad, her mind still lingering on those thoughts and then stopped short as she saw the message that appeared on the screen. It was of two monochromatic holos, and both of them showed Han, shirtless, his hair wet, and holding a woman in his arms, a different woman in each. The women?s faces were obscured, but Leia could tell even in the monochromatic pictures that one woman was blonde and the other a brunette.

Leia?s first reaction was shock, followed by denial. [i]Someone?s playing a cruel trick,[/i] she told herself.[i] This can?t be Han?at l

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Yup, proceeded just a bit exactly like I thought. :( Well, I'm not sure who to feel sorry for, but I liked the argument.

4. WILFBIRD

WILFBIRD Jedi Master star 1

Jan 15, 2001
    The argument was very well written and I liked that Han is still unsure that he's good enough for Leia.

Poor Leia. I'm interested to see Han's reaction and how they deal with the aftermath.

5. chloe2102

chloe2102 Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 2006
    Okay so baby Solo is DYING and Han is THE biggest idiot ever. Doesn't he at least think the pictures warrant an explanation? Look sweetheart it's all a set up. Nooooo! he launches into "it was great" and "I'm gonna do it again next time". Han gets in a tizzy when Leia dances inappropriatly with another man but Leia should let slutty Zara and the occasional indescrete holo roll off like rain? Han, have you even met Leia? :oops:

Now what lazerbrain!? She (the woman you love)is loosing your baby and once this all sinks in you are going to have so much guilt! (or at least you better) Poor Leia...when they catch this spy Han better hurt him or her or them bad. I know, I know, revenge is of the darkside. Sorry about the rant.

I was so excited to see a new post. You really are the queen of angst as someone already warned. I mean, my gosh, Leia is bouncing all over the place. It's a trick Han is innocent, no it's real, no it's a trick, no he's a womanizer.:rolleyes: No wonder the poor thing lost little Solo. You may be able to tell that I am really into this story. Can't wait till the next chapter.

6. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    :_| :_| :_|

I can't say more... :_|

7. NETTYTHEPRINCESS

NETTYTHEPRINCESS Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2002
  8. Arkady

Arkady Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 25, 2004
    Angst, angst, angst, all the time. It's so well done, but can't they just be happy for a little bit?

Arkady

9. RainSaber

RainSaber Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 2006
    Han and Leia=Idiots [face_frustrated]

You=the most evil author alive!!! :mad:

:_| :_| :_| You killed baby Solo!

...Again

---RainSaber

10. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Yes, I can just imagine those two fighting - both desperate to think that their love can stand the disparities in their station, both afraid that they aren't worthy of the love, both willing to go on the defensive when their love is challenged. Great job with the argument.

Of course, it's pretty early in the pregnancy and miscarriages happen then. I hope Leia will be all right. It can get pretty iffy if not treated right.

Good job.

11. I_Heart_Han_Solo

I_Heart_Han_Solo Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 21, 2005
    :_|

Oh Gosh! What a mess!

Poor Han and Leia AND F that Spy! :mad:

I'm on the edge of my seat LP!

Anxiously awaiting the next update.

"Heart"

12. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    Nooooooooo!!! :_|

13. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Leia really should have trusted her first instincts. They both should have. Of course, Leia had some extra hormones assaulting her deducing brain cells. Two stubborn nerfs...

14. TheSheryl

TheSheryl Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2004
    I absolutely love your writing LP!!! Abso-freakin-lutely!!!!

15. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Oooh Force, LadyPadme you are just *evil* leaving that sort of cliffe! I really hope that Leia will be alright, miscarriages are nothing to mess with.

16. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Wow excellent update!

I can't wait to see how this works out.

17. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    dying of torchure over here now make it all better please

18. Lireal

Lireal Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2006
    :_| how could u kill baby solo!!!!!!!!!!! i'm soo sad. it was expected but still so very aweful. the fight was classic though, very well written and structured. but was the killing absolutely necessary?

19. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    NOOOO I can't believe you did that to the baby. I know that you had to for the fic to work, but it still hurts!!! Wait until Han finds out what happened! Can't he see that her being so jealous means she cares!!!!!:_|

20. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    :_| That is not good!

The fight, everything, was perfectly written as Han and Leia. But the baby! :_|

They are both going to be in rough shape after this..

Great update

jcs

21. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    ahhh

poor Leia!

I like how you showed her flittering back and forth between belief and disbelief..and how even though Han had come through in her two previous suspicions she still has that lingering doubt...

This loss (which I presume shall happen) is going to hit them hard...

I'm really curious to here what the core part of the story is

22. Katarina42

Katarina42 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 10, 2001
    I saw the miscarriage coming a mile away. Evil, evil author! :_|

Kat

23. Solo-Evenstar

Solo-Evenstar Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2005
    Han and Leia both need to come to their senses.
    And the baby....poor baby.

24. calgary

calgary Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 3, 2004
    Well the title of this story tells you not to include a baby...so like a few others, I saw this coming. This story has aways to go and will be winding in all kinds of drections. :( Lets hope Han and Leia can crack this case and develop some kind of understanding btween them, at least. Like the way this chapter was built up. Leia wavering between trusting or not trusting Han was sell written. Lady P rules angst!!

25. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    :_| It's still so sad, even when you know it was coming...

Poor Leia is so confused, not to mention all those hormones. She should have trusted her first instincts, someone's out to get them.

And Han, so unsure of himself, compounded the problem!

Argh, those two are so frustrating!

Oh, the girls' comments about gas were amusing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.