main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga In Name Only (H/L-AU Post-ANH) - Updated 7/19/07 - Demons in the Nighttime

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LadyPadme, Feb 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    Wonderful post, LP. Oh, so awkward... Mon Mothma, you interfering old ... *mutter mutter* :p Poor Han. That argument was so painful, but =D= for Chewie trying to give Han a pep-talk. Gotta love the furball... :p

Can't wait for the next post!

2. Mirax-Jade

Mirax-Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2003
    ::reads:: ::passes out:: ::twitches::

LP, I think I love you. This story rocks. And BAH at Mon Mothma for interfering.

3. kyp_durron_fan_2009

kyp_durron_fan_2009 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    Great post, Padme! I can't believe that they want to call it off!

4. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    *cuogh*more!*cough* [face_batting] [face_praying]

5. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    what a great title for the chapter.. LOL!

Love the fact that they are both thinking the same thing...

AGG!! LP! im not sure whats more torture, your stories at times or your once a week posting!! soo much torture!!

Loving it!

DM

6. Silver_Solo

Silver_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2002
    LP, absolutely wonderful!!! I am addicted already! But I just now realized why it is that I never start reading your fics until they're almost done.... I went to hit the button for the next post... AND THERE WASN'T ONE!!! The suspense is killer! I have to know why!

Great job so far and I can't wait to find out what will happen next!

7. jade_saber8000

jade_saber8000 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 18, 2004
    Evil Mon! Loving this LP. Like the rest of your fics. ~gabby

8. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Congratulations to the winners of the first challenge in the Writer's Race!

1st Place-- Shaindl
    2nd Place-- Knight_Dilettante and duskwings
    3rd Place-- JediNemesis and Wilhelmina

=D= =D= =D==D= =D= =D==D= =D= =D==D= =D= =D==D= =D= =D==D= =D= =D=

9. Webogirl

Webogirl Jedi Master star 2

Jul 12, 2004
    once a week...just once a week. How and I going to make it to Tuesday?

10. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    This only updates once a week? You're killing me here!! I guess I can wait...sadly.

11. calgary

calgary Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 3, 2004
    Oh so far down....I have to up this. Work your magic Lady Padme. Time to update!

12. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Can't *twitch* stand *twitch* to *twitch* wait *twitch* another *twitch* day *twitch*

*dies*

13. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

dm1: How do you know that Leia didn't tear up the prenuptial? The problem is, whether she tore it up or not the damage was already done by Mon Mothma's meddling :p

GreatOne: Okay. Go ahead and hit her. I'd love to see it! :p

Alethia: * grins * Of course Chewie knows what's going on. Everyone on base knows that Han and Leia are in love with each other--except the principals! ;)

zsuzsa: Ahhh...you know me so well! ;)

calgary: Thank you! Glad you like it! :)

- And thank you so much for mentioning the chapter pictures! [face_blush] I'm so glad someone likes them! :D

jade51999: You really think they're so opposite? Well, I guess the scoundrel and the uptight Princess part...but as far as tempers and pride go they're two peas in a pod :D

DarthIshtar: Don't worry...story ain't over yet :p

JediArwen: I was invited to a wedding, I wore my best dress, I made tones of sweets, I had to make syrup twice because my tears spoiled the first since I was reading LP's other story, and instead...

- You don't know how much I giggled when I saw that... ;)

JSM: JAINA AND JACEN???? :eek:

- Wow, I hadn't even thought of children!

....runs from Sun Crusher... :p

Sara_Kenobi: You know they won't admit it until...well, if ever... :p

kimmi: I don't know if you'll feel the question is resolved by next update :eek: But I hope you'll like it ;)

Laura_Anu: Yes, it's a first step, but...muwahahahaha! [face_devil] It's a LOOOOONG journey I've got planned ;)

AvenKiel: Alright! Now if they could just bump their heads together and figure out that they're both in love, things would be perfect! But then the story wouldn't be so intrgiuing.

- Ahhhh...you hit the nail right on the head ;)

KnightedRogue: This story is AU, meaning that you'll probably either wind up married for awhile yet or one of you dies, and I don't really think that's what LP has planned, hmm?

- I could do both you know... [face_thinking]

padawanlunetta: Actually, Rieekan and Mothma have done their job...now it's up to Han and Leia to figure out...well, the rest of it ;)

JediFalcon: But...but...but I love cliffies! ;) [face_devil]

RebelMom: I always thought Han was the one who admitted his feelings first, both in his mind and out loud. Leia would be so much more stubborn ;)

Katarina42: I'm open to bribes...but it depends on what :p

QueenofAces: Thanks :D Glad you like the epiphany ;)

HerHighness33: Sorry chapters are so few and far between, but my muse is just refusing to work faster. Plus DRL is just killing me...

CHIKA_BONITA: Welcome to the story! Glad you're liking it so far...

Knight_Dilettante: Thanks! Welcome to the story, too :D

Solo_Fan: Just because he thinks he's not good enough for her doesn't make him stop loving, and with love comes hope...

Jaina_and_Jag: The two of them are always dancing rings around each other...if they would only come out and say what they meant it would be so much easier, but this way is so much more fun ;) Thanks! Glad you're enjoying it!

Starlight-Pixiedust: Welcome to the story. And I love your name! [face_love]

Lady_Jade: If you like this story, I'd recommend J-Girl's "Of Love and Marriage" on the Classic board. It's simply fantabulous...and is the model on which this story was founded ;)

HanSolo29: Of course, Leia calling it off will make Han crazy...

starwarsfan68: Of course when he can't have what he doesn't think he wants...he wants it! ;)

Knight_Aragorn: Chewie really knows best, doesn't he? Gotta love that furball! [face_love]

Mirax-Jade: I love you back! And thanks! ;)

kyp_durron_fan_2003: They want to call it off because my muse wants to ratchet up the tension as much as possible ;)

DarthMasan: I'm hard pressed to keep up with one story a week as it is. My muse is just NOT working well these days :p

S

14. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002
    For anyone naive enough to expect a wedding to take place in this week's post, sorry, but I'm not that nice. I like to make my readers stew a while before I give them what they want [face_devil]

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/naimeiy/Fanart/ino11.jpg]

?I want to call it off,? Leia said.

?What?? Han stared at the comm unit in shock. It was uncanny that she?d been thinking along the same lines as he and that they?d both reached the same conclusions at the same time. And even as he thought this, he felt a sudden wave of disappointment course through his system. Had a small part of him been hoping that she?d insist they go through with the marriage? That she wanted to do it? He shook his head. How preposterous could his imagination get? Of course she?d never want to. Not with him.

?I can?t do it. I can?t go through with it,? Leia continued. And listening to her, Han realized suddenly that her voice wasn?t quite steady.

?I?ll be right over,? he said, and he turned off his comm. unit before Leia had a chance to respond.

Five minutes later, he had made it through the hopperoo warren of corridors to reach Leia?s suite, and he rang the door chime.

At first there was no response, and after a minute Han considered ringing the door chime again or calling her on the comm. He reached up to ring the door chime again just as the door slid open.

?What are you doing here?? Leia asked. The tone of her voice was hostile, and out of habit, Han was prepared to answer her with a stinging retort when he saw the subtle changes in her lovely face that suggested she had been crying. Her eyes were a little swollen and red, and the tip of her nose was a little pink, and the rest of her face had an unusual pallor.

Ignoring her hostility, Han sidled past her into her suite and then looked around the antechamber in surprise as the door shut behind them.

Normally, Princess Leia?s suite was immaculate, almost painful in its very sterility. Nothing adorned her walls and although the furniture was the best quality the Alliance could afford, it was plain and mostly white. Han had mocked her about it in the past, saying that her suite was as cold as she was, but today, the room was a mess. Clothes and small items were strewn about on the chairs and tables and the floor. A half-opened suitcase could be seen on Leia?s bed through the open doorway to her bedroom, which was filled with clothes that appeared to have been thrown in haphazardly.

?Did your cleaning droid have a seizure?? Han murmured looking around.

?If you just came here to make fun of me you can get out!? Leia snapped.

Han spun around to face her. Despite the forcefulness of her voice, Leia appeared to be trembling. He felt a rush of tenderness toward her and his voice was gentle. ?Hey?I?m sorry. I was just teasing you a bit. You looked so upset I thought I?d relax you a little, but?bad joke. I?m sorry. Are you all right??

?I?m?I?m fine,? Leia said. ?I just don?t think this is the right thing to?I mean, I just can?t go through?I?it?s?? Finally, she gave up with a sigh that was part exasperation, part helplessness. She looked down toward the floor.

Tentatively, Han reached out and lightly touched her cheek. ?What happened??

?What do you mean?? Leia asked, looking up.

?What happened to suddenly make you change your mind??

Leia bit her lip and looked down again. ?It?s just not right, Han. Marriage?a marriage should be for love. It should be something that we?I mean, I?d?commit to forever. To get up there and say those vows and not mean it?I mean, it?s?it?s just so [i]wrong.[/i]?

Han pushed aside a white cloak on a nearby chair and sat down feeling unaccountably deflated. The more she didn?t want this marriage, the more he suddenly did. But her words echoed in his mind: [i]??to get up there and say those vows and not mean it??[/i] And not mean it. There was a finality and definitiveness to that, which made him swallow painfully. ?I see.?

?I mean, maybe for you it doesn?t matter so much,? Leia said as she began pacing restlessly.

15. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Oh, great post, LP. So many hidden meanings, with that exchange between Han and Leia. May they both admit it at some point, that there are other reasons behind this agreement. Excellent post! :D=D=

16. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Aww...excellent post, LP! Their finally beginning to discover their feelings for each other. I can't wait to see how this whole thing will play out. Will they admit their feelings toward each other or not? Hmm...[face_thinking]

17. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    I was looking at your reply list and my jaw dropped..

how do you get so many readers? I've tried so many ways to advertise (i try to not be annoying) and i've got five (who I adore)...but sometimes you want more...

Ahh but jade poses a question and has an answer...(also commenting on the post) :)
    Its a complete testament to your storytelling abilities LP..and this last post delivers as well...

A. torture! yesh no wedding yet?
    B. aww the heartfelt kind Han side...
    C. Yea I see what you mean about the similar tempers bit..
    D. Oh Leia, Leia Leia...you feel the effect the Force has on you and yet...yet you still don't know...someday you will understand...
    E. That last line..is she still asking that question? (I suspect she will be until they figure it out)...He's doing it for you.

Nicely done LP can't wait for more!

18. KnightedRogue

KnightedRogue Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    Excellent, excellent use of turmoiled emotions and a two-person first person limited narrative. (Wow, that sentence was meant to be coherent . . . ) You've shaped H/L's issues on the subject well and your dramatic irony is well-placed and fantastically shown.

*H/L fanatic KR shoves lit major KR aside*

Man! I can't wait for the wedding! This will be a very interesting turn of events, methinks. Fabulous, fabulous.

*KR*

19. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Nice touch mentioning Leia's latent Force sensitivity. their talk was good. Nice to see into their thoughts.

20. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    LP, I think ahead. ;)

Well, well, well. The doubt sinks in. The doubt of the sham anyway. And they start to question their motives. At least, Leia does. Good girl. Now follow through. [face_devil]

Luke needs to have a long talk with Leia about those voices she heard. [face_devil]

21. HL-Fan

HL-Fan Jedi Youngling

Sep 1, 2004
    Your interaction between these two is great. I can see in my mind's eye everything you write. You are a wonderful writer! Keep up the good work.

22. Katarina42

Katarina42 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 10, 2001
    Could she bear being in such close proximity with him for several days?or even worse, several weeks?

Ah, Leia - some of us only *wish* that we had problems like that! ;) [face_love]

Kat

23. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Really loved the dialogue between the two. They don't want to be hurt and yet they want to be close to each other, to protect and to help. Not admitting that they are in love just adds to the tension. I really loved this setup and you continue to deliver.

Looking forward past the wedding to the wedding night!

24. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Those two sure can't make up their minds, can they? So now Han is going back to the Falcon, where Chewie will probably already know the outcome of the "talk" with Leia. :D - The more they claim to not want to marry each other, the more they do! ;)

25. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Why indeed Leia? He's doing it for you, because he loves you! A very good question, keep thinking about it.

LP, this was brilliant! I loved their heart to heart discussion, Leia's confusion and Han's tenderness toward her. The way he finished her thoughts is great as well, and how they mirrored each other's reason for not wanting to go through with it, awww... It's worth the wait for the wedding to see scenes like this.

I'm glad Leia apologized for the prenup disaster. Even though it wasn't her intention, she still took responsibility for setting up the excuse for Mon Mothma to do that.

After the mission they could decide... (decide what, Han?)

Leia's echo of Ben's response to Alderaan's destruction was interesting as well. I agree, she should talk to Luke about that one sometime. She'll figure it out maybe.

Well, on to the wedding, eventually, anyway! By the way, I love the chapter pictures, too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.