main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga In Name Only (H/L-AU Post-ANH) - Updated 7/19/07 - Demons in the Nighttime

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LadyPadme, Feb 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    A very painful miscarriage. . .

If I didn't know better, those sorts of things don't just happen naturally. . .

:: is suspicious::

2. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    ARGHHHHH!!! :_| [face_not_talking]

Now that Leia's most likely lost the baby, will there be any hope at all for them? [face_worried]

3. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Aww, PonyTricks, you know that, deep down, LadyPadme loves Han and Leia. Something will work out.....eventually. Maybe... I hope!

4. kimmi

kimmi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2004
    This is soooooooooo suspenseful. I can't stand it.

It's so good though. Han you BIG dummy!

5. Jedi_E_Solo

Jedi_E_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 2002
    Just started reading this and love it! So many twists and turns! Can't wait to read more...!

6. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    More More More!!!! PLEASE! :)

7. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Well that sucks! (Leia losing the baby, not your wonderful writing LP!!)

Please don't leave us hanging for too long, this is sooo agonizing!!

8. sweetheart68

sweetheart68 Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2006
    Been away for the past 2 weeks so only just found out this has been updated. Lady Padme you cruel cruel author you killed Baby Solo :_|, but if it's crucial to the plot I may just forgive you....maybe...but only if we get a happy ending ;)

9. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/naimeiy/Fanart/Chpt34.jpg]

At first, Han kept thinking that if he poked himself hard enough he would wake up. From the moment he had returned to the bungalow, he felt as though he?d been sucked into a downward spiraling vortex of confusion and wretchedness. It seemed that as soon as he had wrapped his mind around one disaster, with dizzying speed he was broadsided by the next one.

It had started out as an argument, an argument that seemingly came from nowhere and was completely undeserved. But then, all thoughts of petty details or residual anger disappeared when he was treated to the horrific sight of Leia lying in an ever-expanding pool of her own blood. Had she been injured? Or ill? Han was frantic by the time Leia was rushed into surgery in the royal compound?s medical infirmary. What made the whole scenario even more frightening was the grim manner in which the medical personnel handled the situation. Conversation was kept at a minimum, only things like, ?Blood pressure, sixty palp!? ?Pulse is thready.? ?Get OR two ready.? ?Has Doctor Portin been called?? No one spoke directly to Han except to ask him what happened, and no one told him what they thought was going on, they just moved Leia through a set of double doors and whisked her down a long, sterile white corridor and around the corner somewhere.

Han had tried to follow, but a uniformed attendant stopped him at the doors. ?You can?t go past these doors, sir,? she had said, her voice compassionate, but firm. Clearly, she had experience with this sort of situation. And moreover, she had two burly Gamorrean guards to back her up. Snarling, Han was left to pace restlessly in the waiting area.

It wasn?t until three hours later that Han heard the first news of Leia?s condition. Doctor Portin, who amazingly enough was a Jenet, entered the waiting area where Han had been sitting and delivered the news.

?I?m terribly sorry, but your wife has suffered a miscarriage.?

?A??? Han?s voice seemed to strangle in his throat. The full implications of what the doctor was saying had staggered him. ?Wha?when? What??

?You didn?t know?? the doctor asked, appearing surprised.

?I?I was away,? Han stammered. ?The?the King, I was?we were??

But the answer seemed to satisfy the doctor, who nodded gravely. ?I understand, Captain Solo. In that case, let me tell you that your wife seemed to between five to seven weeks along. It?s not that uncommon for miscarriages to occur in the first trimester.?

?But?? Han tried to gather his thoughts. The doctor had said five to seven weeks. Han knew exactly how far along Leia was, as unbidden, the memory of that night they had spent together came into his mind. With a rush, dozens of questions went through his mind. How long had Leia known? Why hadn?t she told him? Had she wanted this child?their child? The thought stabbed him in his heart, almost winded him as he felt her silence on this subject to be nothing short of betrayal. It was bad enough that she didn?t trust him. But not to tell him something to so important, what did that say about her feelings for him? Even as the thought went through his mind, though, Han reminded himself that his own feelings were not the important thing at the moment.

?Is Leia all right?? Han asked finally.

Dr. Portin hesitated and then nodded. ?She?s young, strong and healthy. I think she?ll make a full recovery.?

?You think?? Han challenged, alarmed by the doctor?s hesitancy.

Dr. Portin sighed. ?It was a more difficult miscarriage than most. At this stage of pregnancy, most miscarriages tend to be relatively simple and somewhat easy?medically speaking?to handle. Usually, the biggest concern is retention of the products of conception, which can be treated with some minor curettage. In your wife?s case though, there was some very heavy bleeding, and we had to do an emergent surgical procedure to save her uterus. It was touch and go whether or not she would need an emergency hysterectomy to save her life?she?d lost that much blood

10. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005
  11. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
  12. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Poor Leia is trying to protect herself from pain by not letting herself feel anything at all. She's always been good at hiding her pain, filing it away. She's just taken it up a notch. Han is going to have quite the job trying to find her again.

13. Lireal

Lireal Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2006
    i didnt realize how emotionally connected ot this story i've become. that had me near tears at the end ladypadme :(

14. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    THat's a powerful and credible detachment from agony--I've had that sort myself and could sympathize here.

15. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    wow... how awful for Leia, completely unable to feel anything. :(

And Han stayed as close to her side as he could the whole time

Great update! looking forward to more!

jcs

16. WILFBIRD

WILFBIRD Jedi Master star 1

Jan 15, 2001
    Leia.......DO NOT SHUT HIM OUT!

Beautifully written as always LP.

17. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    That hit close to home, LadyPadme... Han has one hell of a job ahead, if he's willing to take it. At least he's been warned that she'll be depressed.

:_| =D=

Please make next chapter a happy one! [face_praying]

18. chloe2102

chloe2102 Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 2006
    You are killing me with these two! :_|

He thinks that because she didn't tell him about the baby that some how that equals she doesn't love him. She still thinks that Han was messing around on his last trip. And they didn't even talk to eachother this chapter.

Still, it was a really good chapter but oh the angst is killing me. Do we really have to wait for another chapter? Don't you maybe have one ready and just feel like posting it early?

19. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    *sniffs* That was so heartbreaking. :( Too bad Han was asleep. They really, really, REALLY need to talk. Talk. Not argue. But that's not going to happen anytime too soon, I suspect. :(

20. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    A miscarriage is hard enough to take, speaking from experience, but add to it the fact that she thinks Han betrayed her, well...:_|. Please fix them soon!!!! She can't be that depressed for that long, not months please!!![face_praying]

21. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
  22. sweetheart68

sweetheart68 Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2006
    :( Very sad, but beautifully written as always, LadyPadme.

23. Solo-Evenstar

Solo-Evenstar Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2005
    GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

Please no Dark Side Leia!
    JUST SAY NO TO THE DARK SIDE!!

Fantastically eloquent as always, LP.

24. NETTYTHEPRINCESS

NETTYTHEPRINCESS Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2002
  25. I_Heart_Han_Solo

I_Heart_Han_Solo Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 21, 2005
    Oh No! :_|

Someone please cue Boyz II Men and their sappy, yet delightfully wonderful songs, about the trials and tribulations of love!

I hope Han and Leia have not come to the "END OF THE ROAD," and that they both will not wait until the "WATER RUNS DRY."

[face_worried]

"Heart"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.