main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

In need of Fresno Bee paper, Tuesday April 26th!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Fresno, CA' started by Obi1kenny, Apr 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi1kenny

Obi1kenny Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2002
    Hello my fellow Star Wars fans, it?s your friendly neighborhood Elvis Trooper checking in with you.

www.ElvisTrooper.com

Anyhow, I just found out a day late that they Fresno Bee ran the interview that they did with me in the paper yesterday, April 26th, I think. Or it might be today but from what I was told, a day late actually, they article ran yesterday.

So if anyone can pull a paper out of the trash and save it for me I would repay you kindly!

And while I am on this subject, if anyone is up here in Merced with me, then see if you can find the weekend Merced paper: Merced SunStar, Saturday April 23rd.

Thanks, Ken
    elvistrooper@aol.com

2. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    Hey Ken,

I saw your picture in the Sun-Star this past weekend. I didn't get to see the Fresno Bee article, though. I live in Merced....and subsequently, I got to "meet" you at TRU in Modesto on ROTS Merchandise Night. I was with the "newbies" of the 501st, Chris & his girlfriend (The guy with the long hair ;) ).

Also, I'm not sure if you're aware, but you were on the SW.com photo viewer for Celebration III, as well. You're picture #76, just in case you haven't looked there already.

3. Obi1kenny

May 10, 2002
    Cool deal man. And if you can find that copy of the Merced paper then I would really like that as well.

Still hope someone from Fresno can help too....Hello Fresno....

4. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    I've got the picture cut-out, as I got it from another friend. He actually gets the Sun-Star, and he cut it out. If you want that, I can at least give that to you.

Also, did you see you made Rebelscum.com?

[image=http://www.rebelscum.com/gallery/c3/costumes/DSCF0064.jpg]

:cool:

5. Bladion

Bladion Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2005
    Hey Ken,

I read the article in my dad's copy of the paper, but I don't know if he still has it. If he doesn't, my mom might. I'll ask them both and let you know.

6. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    Ken,

Hey, I also wanted to mention to you that Lonnie, the local Cop-A-Comic owner, said he's holding some copies of the Sun-Star for you. But by the time you read this, you'll probably already have them. :cool:

7. Obi1kenny

May 10, 2002
    Thanks guys, I was able to contact the Fresno Bee and buy a back copy from them, not cheap but oh well.

So are there any people from Fresno even on this board, or do we need to rename it? :p

And yeah, I do need to stop by Cop-a-comic today, as Lonnie called and left me a message. Did you stop by and get you Elvis Trooper trading card as I cage him a huge stack to hand out?

I also just found out that I was in the Sunday (May 1st) edition of the Modesto Bee and another pic it todays (May 2nd) Modesto Bee as well.

Also, thanks for the link to the RebelScum pic, great group of guys there, met most all of them at C3. And did you see this one from Rebelscum.com:

http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=91476

8. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    I sure did get some of the cards, man. I'm down there every week to pick up comics from my bag/pull-list, so I've gotten 1-2 each week. I've just been either giving them to the fellow SW fans/friends, and also gave some to my co-worker, who's kids found them to be cool.

I did see that on Rebelscum. I also saw your pic of the Turlock Dirt-Mart a few weeks back as well, for the Early Bird kits.

As far as the Merced/Fresno thing...I think we should have our own board for Mercedians. We could definitely keep it lively. :cool:

9. DarksiderGeorge

DarksiderGeorge Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 29, 2002
    As far as the Merced/Fresno thing...I think we should have our own board for Mercedians. We could definitely keep it lively.

Lively no doubt!! But with only 3-4 people/posters from Merced, wouldnt it be like PMing each other ;)

10. Obi1kenny

May 10, 2002
    Yeah, I can't even keep up on posting and reading on our local 501st board.

But I do think this board should be renamed to Central Valley or something like that.

11. DarksiderGeorge

Apr 29, 2002
    I have advocated for the name change as well...

Who else agrees??

12. aero-

aero- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 4, 2002
    with people from modesto, merced, and fresno, you'd think that merced would be the center of it all...

but then again i'm biased. i love merced, and the lack of action therein! i'm all for the name change.

13. donsolo

donsolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 3, 2004
    I'll agree to the name change if it will draw in more peoples!

14. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    We tried to get a Central Valley FanForce going when we created the Tulare County FanForce, and contacted Bakersfield and Frenso, but no one was interested in pursuing one. We are under the name Order of the Twin Suns and are are still interested in growing as a Central Valley Group.. so, is there actual interest now? :) It would really be great to combine all of our resources and see what we could do.

And for ElvisTrooper..Man the KMPH Ultimate Fan Contest..so you are local huh? We were under the impression that you were from Las Vegas (hmmm wonder why?) Anyways, let us know about the Central Valley Thing

Master K

15. Obi1kenny

May 10, 2002
    Yes, the King has been in hidding right here in Merced, CA for a number of years. It's probably not the smartest thing to do with coming out like this but the King's love for Star Wars is too big to hide, baby!

But really, so there is a FF group in Tulare huh, who knew...

16. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    I forgot to mention the other day, man, but I went to KMPH's site and voted for you. :cool:

17. Obi1kenny

May 10, 2002
    Well thankyaverymuch!

18. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    So the King lives nearby...Right On! And who says the Central Valley has nothing going for it!

We have all definitely got to get togeather.

19. DarksiderGeorge

Apr 29, 2002
    Make room for the Fabio Trooper too!!! [face_laugh]

20. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    ROFL

Can hardly wait! :)

21. DarksiderGeorge

Apr 29, 2002
    Or would it be that punk, Bo Bice!!! I get confused with that guy too!! lol Terrible....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.